6.1
Good 1,638 Total Reviews
6.1
Good 1,638 Total Reviews
Friend Street Hostel & Café Located at 234 Friend Street, , Boston.
USA
Boston Massachusetts 02114 234 Friend Street
61% 1638
42.3644191 -71.0610762
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 25-30
4th Jan 2016
7.7

No hot water for showers.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
28th Dec 2015
7.4

The staff were friendly but didnt know much about the city. The facilities are generally all right but I've had better.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
27th Dec 2015

I loved staying at friend street hostel..it was very well located and the atmosphere was awesome. People who work there help you whenever you need something and they are super friendly. Besides, I met a really nice group of people who were staying there and we walked around the city together. The only thing I could state as a negative thing is probably the bed. It was not super comfortable, but it was ok. I will definitely recommend my friends to stay here. Boston is a lovely city.

• USA, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2015

It's a very comfortable hostel. There is a cute grandma and friendly staff.

26th Dec 2015
8.0

Had a great stay there. The staffs were friendly and helpful and the location was great. The beds were rather squeaky but all else was good.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
22nd Dec 2015
4.9

No locks available, staff seemed confused about reservations, rooms were not prepared for new guests, sheets had many stray hairs all over them, very crowded room, no staff overnight, staff does not communicate with each other, breakfast was bad, noisy outside at night. Location is very convenient, other guests were relatively friendly.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2015
4.6

I was told upon arrival that the female-only dorm I booked was full, so I had to sleep in a different (mixed) room. The staff seemed confused about reservations and the facilities in general - there were no locks available. Sheets were not clean and had lots of hair attached to them. The location was good. Ten minutes before check-out time (11 am) staff came to my room to tell us that check-out time was near (which I found nice).

• Italy, Female, 31-40
20th Dec 2015
4.9

The hostel is very well located. However, I would not recommend to stay there. The bed is very uncomfortable and the sheets I was given were dirty and full of hair. I am not a picky person and I adapt very easily but in such a bed I could not sleep. Plus the staff is not very welcoming and apart from checking you in and out they do not say a word. I was kind of surprised when I saw the bathrooms as they were clean and the showers big enough with hot water.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
29th Nov 2015
4.0

Unfriendliest staff I´ve ever seen. The room I stayed in wasn´t cleaned in at least 3 days , matresses are terribly uncomfortable and look disgusting.Management would do good in investing some money and brief their staff in how to welcome / treat guests. (Beside one guy who was really nice)The other girl I shared the room with checked into another hostel because she couldn´t stand it. Unfortunately, I had booked 2 nights already. I didn´t read the reviews. Hope you don´t make the same mistake

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
24th Nov 2015
4.3

I was given no bed linnen, slept on an empty matress and got a comforter without sheets.There was mold everywhere. I witnessed an employee prepare a bed for the next guy; it came down to rolling of the comforter, they do not clean anything at all. The showers are even more gross, as you are greeted by the smell of mold when you step inside, you can see dark to black spots of mold from the shower tiles to the curtain. There is no central heating so prepare for ice-cold nights.