Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

The staff was very friendly and eager to provide assistance with directions, recommendations, etc.

• 11th May 2015

I haven't used a hostel in years and I must say going back is not pleasant. I liked that they hold your luggage for free until 5PM even after check-out ifs 11AM. Apart from that, there was no wi-fi, the mattress they use are really old and need to be cleaned or replaced. There was a huge stain on mine.

• 10th May 2015

Hostel was ok since the location is good (metro, pier and old town are close by and in walking distance). There really was only a light breakfast and no cooking facilities. Hostel was small and I think I paid a lot for a bed in a full 10 bed dorm. The toilets were very clean but the showers could have been cleaner. No Wifi in the upstairs area (no wifi in bedroom!) and only bad/slow connection in the lounge. Met several friendly people though and the staff was helpful and friendly as well!

Lamin and the rest of the staff at this establishment are amazing anytime I am in boston I will be staying here

• 4th May 2015

Very simple, I am used to the NYC hostels which are half the price and way better bang for your buck. I also had an uncomfortable encounter with a staff member, other than that the staff were very friendly.

I am so happy to have discovered this place! Such a warm, welcoming, safe place with great traveller atmosphere. I am recommending it to all my friends going to Boston soon. You are going to be packed! :) Love this place!!!!

This is perhaps the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff were not friendly, the hostel was unclean, and, to make matters worse, the hostel allows vets with PTSD stay in the dormitories with travelers. I felt unsafe the entire time I was there.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

It was great. It's Downtown, close to subway and really close from some of Boston place of interest (pretty much everything related to history). The team member are really nice and welcoming. The beds were not great, the mattress was really thin and we could here one another moving, and that would be the only bad thing about this hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Better cleanliness in the rooms, entrance, friendlier staff. This is the second reservation and the last time there.

Mattress needs to be upgraded

The room was tiny for 10 beds, the mattress was the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on. I was told it was 24/7 reception I waited 20mins to check out and no one came so I ledt. The wifi didn't work.

I really enjoyed my stay at the friendstreet hostel. Best location ever. P.s. I really like the guy from Atlanta

• 11th Apr 2015

I liked the common area. It was easy to meet and talk to people. The mattresses were odd. They are plastic so make lots of noise when you want to turn over! Overall this was a great little hostel.

• 11th Apr 2015

Staff was really friendly and willing to help!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Iceland

Staying at Friend St Hostel was a great "old style) hostel experience with lots of mingling and info exchange right next to not very exciting Faneuil hall and charming Italian North End

• 5th Apr 2015

Nice hostel, very friendly staff.

• 4th Apr 2015

The Hostel is really aweful compared with others, the wi-fi didn't work, the beds were really uncomfortable, the bathrooms were dirty. I did't enjoyed my stay.

The staff person on duty at the time was rude, unfriendly and incompetent. Will not stay there again...

• 28th Mar 2015

Nothing special if I'm honest. Pretty big standard.

Lockers not big enough for a suitcase. Doesn't not have a proper kitchen. Noisy at night. But warm and affordable

« first « Prev 1 2 3