Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

My only complaint was that my room was scorching hot when I returned at night and I was sweaty all night- but that aside it was a great stay!

• 18th Jul 2014

Place is OK, only stayed one night. Rained and couldn't leave. Common area is way too small given number of rooms.

Friend Street Hostel was homey, inviting, convenient and clean. I had a much better time here than at just about any other hotel/motel I've stayed!

• 12th Jul 2014

First experience in a hostel....great location (half a block to TD Arena...home of Bruins),,,also close to wharves and North End restaurants.......great price...very safe.....staff always trying to please.....dorm for 10 guys was warm and noisy at times (snoring, farting, metal lockers, bar next door),,,,overall, a positive experience

• 7th Jul 2014

I had a very nice stay at the Friend Street Hostel. The bathrooms and bedrooms were very clean (although the mattresses are a bit flat). The staff were also very friendly and helpful in general. The location is also good, right next to the North Station metro and Faneuil Hall.

• 6th Jul 2014

Too much people in the small room and it's quite hot at night ( they didn't turn on the air conditioner). When walking, the floor was also cracking all the time. It's annoying. I won't stay there again. อย่าไปเลยครับ ห้องเล็กมาก แอร์ก็ไม่เปิดตอนกลางคืน + ตอนเดินในห้องนะ พื้นที่เป็นพื้นไม้ดังตลอดอะ ไม่โอจริงๆ

Staff was friendly. The guests were cordial and we were respectful of each other it seemed. Liked that breakfast was provided for guest in the cafe downstairs. Loved the location too! It was a good stay & experience for me as a first time guest staying at a hostel.

• 29th Jun 2014

Nice place, considering it was a former insane asylum.

Person at reception (Sunday June 29 noon/afternoon) was very helpful in getting info about airport transportation. Other than that okay place but still pricey - realize this is expensive Boston but still very basic what you get for this price

Well, The "Friend Street Hostel" claimed to have Air Conditioning - but there was none available in our room. there was a ceiling fan, and being in Boston where it probably dropped to 70 at night, perhaps it wasn't so bad. I was right b y the window which was kept open, so I got a great breeze. The ceiling fan helped too. Excepting the lack of Air Conditioning, it was just fine for $50. The breakfast too was all just carbohydrates: oat-meal, toast, or cereal. The O/J was just tang.

• 26th Jun 2014

the sheet is dirty and no wifi in the room.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • China

only stayed for one night, but i did only arrive at 0100 - for the few hours i had dealings with this hostel, it was a pleasant experience and i would come back if i ever visit boston again.

Very small communal area in hostel. Too many beds for such a small hostel. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and no clean duvet cover was provided, just a bed sheet and pillow cover (along with undersheet). Friendly staff but probably wouldn't recommend the hostel. Excellent location however, no more than 5 minute walk to bars and boston centre

• 23rd Jun 2014

Stayed 4 nights, and it is the first time I stayed in hostel. The washroom and restroom are clean. The room is a bit crowd to accommodate 6 bunks. It is OK. I have a nice stay, will come again

• 22nd Jun 2014

Weren't allowed to share beds and were told we'd be kicked out with no refund. Also paid for a 6 person dorm and were put in one that had six beds but only a door (that didn't lock) inside of a ten person room. So basically we paid for six person and got sixteen! Not cool. The staff were friendly and location was good but not sure I would stay there again.

• 21st Jun 2014

About Cleanliness: -Restrooms and Bathrooms were ok but -Linen were very dirty, some blood for example on sheets, blanket with dirty tasks -Room in old overall look About facilities : no elevator About security : very small lockers About Atmosphere : we passed one night with a crazy man, so we didn't sleep all over the night...

• 21st Jun 2014

The front desk clerk insulted my home state and I was asked to move to a co-ed room after I had already checked in. Other than that I had exactly the experience at the hostel I expected to have.

• 21st Jun 2014

Have no real complaints. Could be more social, there isn't a real way to meet people.. should make more acitivites and create more of a vibe

• 16th Jun 2014

Everything was good, only the price was to high, to be just a regular Hostel. The position was great! And the staff really friendly!

• 15th Jun 2014

Weird hostel and ridiculously expensive - but there don't seem to be other cheaper options in Boston. The atmosphere here is dull. Possibly the least fun hostel I've stayed in, but the space is kept clean and the beds are comfy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4