Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Great location and friendly staff. I will stay here again in the future.

• 18th Sep 2014

Friendly staff is what often makes a hostel, and I felt this was a missing element in my stay here. The atmosphere was rather dead...

• 15th Sep 2014

Friend Street Hostel was ok. The staff was friendly & very helpfully. They offered maps, help with train info, advise on who had the best pizza, even a taxi to help me get a large box to the post office. The kitchen was very small w/ no cooking facilities except for a microwave. The café was good & offered a simple breakfast for those staying at the Hostel. They had really great coffee! For a few dollars you could order something from their regular menu.

The person in the front desk was not friendly. The hostel had no wi-fi for almost one whole day.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Well located in the city center / Safe area / in general clean / cheap accommodation The matrasses are quite uncomfortable and thin. / you get a bed linen but as you are moving during the night, you'll find yourself sleeping in the uncovered blanket -> hygiene! / the shower room has no window so it gets steamy and moist / at 10 sharp they didn't serve breakfast anymore - even no coffee! / wifi did not work - connection was too slow so i usually used the wifi of starbuck or dunkin donuts etc.

It would be better if wifi is available in room.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • China

Not the best hostel in the world but it was the cheapest in Boston and you get more then you pay for. Wish they'd spring for AC in the summer months but pack a couple cold water bottles and you'll sleep fine.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathrooms were clean. The hostel has plenty of info about the city and offers food nights (although I didn't take part.) It's a decent place, however, it is way overpriced. I have never seen hostel prices this high for what you get. Plus, everything is an added cost (lock, towel...) The wifi wasn't working either.

all of the negative reviews on yelp are unfounded. Friend Street Hostel was exactly what i was looking for during my stay in Boston.

• 30th Aug 2014

The Hostel is fine, the location can be a bit sketchy at night especially for a women travelling alone, the station is nice and close. The beds are uncomfortable and loud, like very large people have slept on them and bent them out of shape. One cannot roll over without everyone in the room knowing. A top sheet would have been nice as well, so I wouldn't have to see the stained comforter. The reception staff need to work on their bedside manner. A top sheet would have been nice.

It is not clean and very noisy.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • China

I loved my stay there. The building, the cafe, the interior, books in the common room. It was clean, I felt save and I met a friend. Does it get any better?

Facilities are very simple and everything looked exactly like in the pictures. There's no atmosphere at all, just the bedrooms and a living room that serves as common area but resumes to a TV and a sofa. The building is old, but it's Boston. No elevator. Staff was ok. Location is great, a few steps from TD Garden and a walking distance of North Station/Faneuil Hall Area. I really liked the Cafe downstairs where a decent breakfast is served every morning - You can even make your own waffles!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Please change the mattress of the rooms!!!

Excellent of all my hostel stays this summer, though the only downside is that the toilets are small and not private. I love the cleanliness and how the bunk beds are quite spaced out- so you feel that you have some space. Great breakfast at the cafe w waffles bread cereal. Close to the Metro

Disappointed by the beds, the mattresses were uncomfortable and didn't fit the beds. It also didn't help having a man snoring so loudly for 12 hours a day and needing to pay for earplugs!

Very small and quite crowded hostel - got very warm in bedrooms at night. Good location though.

I enjoyed my stay there. Unfortunately I didn't find guests keen to socialize, but the staff was really nice and the place looked well-organized.

• 10th Aug 2014

I had a pleasant stay at Friends Street Hostel and wish to stay there if I get a chance to visit Boston again. I will highly recommend it to my friends for staying as it is safe for girls and also has a warm hospitality service. It had a friendly environment and I had no trouble in locating the place as it is near to the subway station. The staff also were very cooperative and helped me with carrying my luggage. Lockers were also provided for safety of the luggage.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • India

A really nice hostel. The staff is sometimes a little sleepy (ok I checked in at 2 am :-)). Loved the place especially the free breakfast.

• 6th Aug 2014