Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

The location is so nice. but cleanliness is poor. bath room is not clean. but not so bad.

The free breakfast is simple but good. I like the coffee bar.

The accomodation fee was reasonable, considering the facilities and services. It was a great that guests could leave their baggages free of charge even before the check-in. If you would like to use the lockers, it would be better to bring your own keys.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

it was good to stay in Boston for trip.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Attached cafe hosted a friends-giving with free dinner and drinks. Great fun with great people. However, the hostel over booked by approximately 15 people and although we reserved our place several months in advance, were forced to sleep on cots. Some of the attraction information posted in the common room about free museum access, etc. was also incorrect. Breakfast was disappointing and the staff was sub-par.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Bring an extension cord If you are in an upper bunk. Pack light, not many areas to store luggage, and they won't allow them in lockers.

• 15th Nov 2014

The hostel is fine, great location, good facilities etc, there is a coffee house downstairs, they have a kitchen, there are lockers. My issue was the communication between staff, I was rudely told by the cleaner that I was checking out, when I wasn't, and I had to pay twice for my laundry because the night guy hadn't written it down. Shame because the staff individually were fine.

I had an outstanding time at Friend Street Hostel! This was actually my first hostel experience and it totally rocked! I met some really great people and had a generally great experience. I look forward to the next time I can stay with the FSH crew!

• 9th Nov 2014

Friendly and couteous staff, helped me carry my heavy bag up flight of stairs, gave me lower bunk bed upon my request, offerred me clam chowder at night, decent modest breakfast included,, slept well, everyone in room that was filled was courteous.

Just fine. Bed was pretty comfy and bathroom looked clean enough. Connection is ok on common areas but almost no connection in the bedroom. Breakfast and internet was included but the all other facilities are for payment.

Nice hostel, friendly respectful atmosphere, though rooms a little cramped.

• 1st Nov 2014

I got shafted out of $46.10 because this hostel has a confusing cancellation policy. My confirmation email stated "You are due to arrive here at 20:00" (because this is when I told them). Then it says "Cancellations must be notified... at least 24 hours prior to arrival", and "We have a 24hr cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made by 24 hours prior to the date of cancellation." ?? So I called at 15:00 on the day before, meaning 29 hours before my booking. But NOPE, not early enough!!

• 31st Oct 2014

Great staff. Comfortable beds, clean rooms. Location easy to find but a bit out of the way (need subway to gp anywhere). Quiet not party hostel aa no alcohol permit which was ecactly what I was looking for. Basic sp not luxury so mo vomplaimts except pricy for what you get. Lots of feeebees like breakfast in morning which was excellent.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel is NOT for sleeping. 2/5 stars. There is a bar directly next door to this hostel, and people spilling out into the street all night long (I was present Friday and Saturday nights). Sleeping is simply not an option. There's a sign up that says: "Faq: Can you do anything about the noise? Answer: You're in downtown Boston! Go out and join them!" The matresses are newish, something plastic that crinkles whenever anyone moves. The beds are steel, creeking when anyone moves. No sleep.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good- near the subway, very helpful staff, peanut butter in the morning Bad- first room was really dirty but the helpful staff moved me to another room which was cleaner but still not properly clean(come on, some hot soapy water would work a dream!), very thin squishy mattresses, duvets need duvet covers(because they are disgusting), showers are hot and powerful but all in all could be cleaner. My stay here was fine but I wouldn't rush back. Staff however were great and very friendly.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Came in the hostel at around 1 after a night out.1 of the staff looked at me as if I was breaking in .maybe coz there were no other black people there . literally 5 minutes after I got into bed the staff member was in the room pretending to do a search or something. Almost confronted him but. It was just gonna be a waste of time.its a good hostel but they should do something about the staff.like educate them black people can stay in hostels...

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Kenya

the breakfast is very good,but there is no hot water to shower,try lots of time

My only comment would be that the showers could be cleaner - mold on the wall tiles...

• 10th Oct 2014

Location is great, service sucks. Be wary of dealing with the front desk staff - make sure you check your receipts and all payments in case they've accidentally double (or triple) charged. Glazed over front desk staff reeking of pot.

• 8th Oct 2014

Very quiet. Staff were ok, they did what they asked but made no effort to go beyond what was the minimum. Didn't bother to go ahead with planned events from the noticeboard and didn't cancel in advance. Breakfasts were very inconsistent also.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4