Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Nice hostel in an awesome location! Staff were a little bit disorganized but still nice and very helpful. Rooms were clean and well kept, and I liked the quirky building they were located in. Will definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Boston!

• 17th Jan 2015

Very nice location, right next to the subway, 10minutes away from the Quincy Market. Clean beds and bathrooms, free breakfast, and helpful staff. I would come back without hesitation!

It's a good hostel, the staff is very nice and friendly, and helpful. The location is good, 5 min walk from the train station, very easy. Rooms are ok. I think it's just a bit expensive 30 dollars a night to sleep in a 10 Beddorm room. Otherwise don't think too much it's a good hostel.

• 13th Jan 2015

Stayed here for 3 nights. Atmosphere is terrible, bunks are pretty uncomfortable and showers were cold! Good location and pretty friendly and helpful staff

• 11th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Too cramped / creaking floor with not enough space to move. WiFi didn't work very well either. Improvements can definitely be made. Staff member Tim was great

There was hair on my sheet and pillowcase, but other than that the room was great and the location was perfect!

This hostel had pretty average reviews when I took a look at it before booking, and I have NO idea why! It's great! The facilities are good and clean, the locker space is ample, there's a cosy little common room, the location is perfect (just a couple minutes' walk from the North End) - there are even WAFFLES as part of the FREE BREAKFAST! I stayed three nights from Friday through Monday and had none of the noise problems that anyone else mentioned either. Definitely recommended!

Not much to say about this basic hostel. The atmosphere let it down for me,

Fantastic location! It made sightseeing in Boston so much easier! The building itself is old and a bit rundown. Not particularly soundproof so you can hear everything from all the nearby bars and clubs (so don't aim for an early Saturday night). Facilities were fine and the hostel has a lot of cool events every week.

The location is so nice. but cleanliness is poor. bath room is not clean. but not so bad.

The free breakfast is simple but good. I like the coffee bar.

The accomodation fee was reasonable, considering the facilities and services. It was a great that guests could leave their baggages free of charge even before the check-in. If you would like to use the lockers, it would be better to bring your own keys.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

it was good to stay in Boston for trip.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Attached cafe hosted a friends-giving with free dinner and drinks. Great fun with great people. However, the hostel over booked by approximately 15 people and although we reserved our place several months in advance, were forced to sleep on cots. Some of the attraction information posted in the common room about free museum access, etc. was also incorrect. Breakfast was disappointing and the staff was sub-par.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Bring an extension cord If you are in an upper bunk. Pack light, not many areas to store luggage, and they won't allow them in lockers.

• 15th Nov 2014

The hostel is fine, great location, good facilities etc, there is a coffee house downstairs, they have a kitchen, there are lockers. My issue was the communication between staff, I was rudely told by the cleaner that I was checking out, when I wasn't, and I had to pay twice for my laundry because the night guy hadn't written it down. Shame because the staff individually were fine.

I had an outstanding time at Friend Street Hostel! This was actually my first hostel experience and it totally rocked! I met some really great people and had a generally great experience. I look forward to the next time I can stay with the FSH crew!

• 9th Nov 2014

Friendly and couteous staff, helped me carry my heavy bag up flight of stairs, gave me lower bunk bed upon my request, offerred me clam chowder at night, decent modest breakfast included,, slept well, everyone in room that was filled was courteous.

Just fine. Bed was pretty comfy and bathroom looked clean enough. Connection is ok on common areas but almost no connection in the bedroom. Breakfast and internet was included but the all other facilities are for payment.

Nice hostel, friendly respectful atmosphere, though rooms a little cramped.

• 1st Nov 2014