Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Better cleanliness in the rooms, entrance, friendlier staff. This is the second reservation and the last time there.

Mattress needs to be upgraded

The room was tiny for 10 beds, the mattress was the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on. I was told it was 24/7 reception I waited 20mins to check out and no one came so I ledt. The wifi didn't work.

I really enjoyed my stay at the friendstreet hostel. Best location ever. P.s. I really like the guy from Atlanta

• 11th Apr 2015

I liked the common area. It was easy to meet and talk to people. The mattresses were odd. They are plastic so make lots of noise when you want to turn over! Overall this was a great little hostel.

• 11th Apr 2015

Staff was really friendly and willing to help!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Iceland

Staying at Friend St Hostel was a great "old style) hostel experience with lots of mingling and info exchange right next to not very exciting Faneuil hall and charming Italian North End

Nice hostel, very friendly staff.

• 4th Apr 2015

The Hostel is really aweful compared with others, the wi-fi didn't work, the beds were really uncomfortable, the bathrooms were dirty. I did't enjoyed my stay.

The staff person on duty at the time was rude, unfriendly and incompetent. Will not stay there again...

• 28th Mar 2015

Nothing special if I'm honest. Pretty big standard.

Lockers not big enough for a suitcase. Doesn't not have a proper kitchen. Noisy at night. But warm and affordable

The hostel was right by the train station making it easy to travel anywhere in Boston. The atmosphere was great, they even offer a free spaghetti dinner on Thursday nights!

The beds are awful

You have to pay to print things out, but the common room was welcoming and everything was very clean!

• 15th Mar 2015

I cancelled one of my reservations but the staff did not take it out and so I got charged for it and had to ask for a refund. The mattress are terrible. They definitly need new ones.

I didn't like that we had to share restroom with men. They have just three restroom which I think is not enough for every guests.

Along with two friends, I stayed two nights. This hostel is the worst establishment I have ever stayed in. Quiet times were not observed whatsoever. Walls and floors are thin, and staff did little to enforce the noise level. Showers are moldy, the floor is very dusty, and beds squeak loudly whenever one moves, waking up the entire dorm. I was also charged twice after paying in cash, and the hostel has been unresponsive in refunding my credit card. STAY AWAY and spend a few bucks more.

The staff are very friendly, and the beds, facilities and location are good. The only letdown was that it was surprisingly quiet - it really didn't feel like a backpacker hostel. There's a ban on alcohol which doesn't help, but generally they weren't really pushing any social stuff. Maybe they're not going for that atmosphere, but if they are, I'd suggest maybe leading a few nights out in the local bars, as hostels often do, just to get people mixing!

I had a great and healthy time and will definitely Cole back. Atmosphere is great and the staff very nice. The only problem is the booking system: sometimes you will not get your exact booked bed because it is booked doubled but yout will get a bed because the staff really wants to make you a good stay. Like a big family: a bit chaotic but good for all. Just don't expect a hotel!

• 1st Mar 2015