Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

The only thing that was good for me it was that it was near the TD Garden. Internet access was super difficult. I really didn't like it, stayed there for one night only.

• 8th Jul 2015

Woman traveling alone? DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. I stayed there just this weekend (July 4th), and had the most horrible experience with an employee. He was flirty during registration, but I didn't make much of it at the moment. This guy had the nerve to come to the room (UNINVITED), and try to wake me up by grabbing my foot. When that didn't work, later, HE CAME BACK and put his face WAY too close to mine and touched my butt to wake me up because he wanted me to go with him. WTF!!!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Honestly, it was a good place to stay. You are in walking distance of all the best parts of Boston. I will stay here in the future, I just wished the table tops in the community area weren't so sticky. My coke can stuck to it, my magazine stuck to it, and my backpack stuck to it. That was a bit weird. After testing he other tables they also did the same..... Timers for the lights in the dorms might help conserve energy. You have them on the restrooms so it might help in the dorm rooms too

The staff was amazing. The beds left a little to be desired, but I'm not picky. I had spotty wifi service outside the common area, but that could as likely be my phone as the wifi. Easy to get to from the airport. I'll little pricey but I enjoyed my stay

Nice cozy hostel, good to stay for a couple of nights. Free breakfast in the morning! Staff is nice but the atmosphere is a bit low. Good location to explore Boston.

This hostel was very bad value for money. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and the friend I was travelling with found a lot of hairs in hers. Also, the room which we stayed in was very stuffy and hot, with no way of cooling it down - both of us woke up in a pool of sweat in the morning! We paid $45 each per night for a 6 bed mixed dorm. This is comparable to other hostels which we stayed in (including Hosteling International Boston) these however were so much better!!!

• 16th Jun 2015

My second stay wasn't as much fun as my first only because I was in a hurry and rushed in and out....

Crazly expensive for what it offers, never paid so much for a hostel in 10 bed dorms. Beds really uncomfortable and not even a towel for more than $50 x night!! Breakfast was puny,not even a fruit!!

Positives: free breakfast, location Negatives: narrow and few bathrooms, free luggage storage just until 5 pm (after that, you will be charged 10 dollars), dirty bed sheets, some rooms do not have air conditions (which can be problematic during hot Boston days), too small kitchen

Good location. Decent hostel but wifi never worked for anyone while I was there. Very frustrating when checking flights

• 9th Jun 2015

While i was out walking around the city they gave my bed to a new guest. Some of my stuff that was on the bed the staff just throwed away. That was totally stupid.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Very nice location. The mattress is pretty thin and unconfortable. The staff is great. Overall a good experience.

Good for short term stay, conveniently located next to North Station. However some mattresses are plastic and really noisy when people roll around at night. Also, for people with heavy luggage, be prepared to climb up two flights of steep stairs!

I liked a lot this hostel, most of all the location, the staff and living room, small but everybody meet there, this is very important in a hostel. SOme people that work there is very nice. The cleaning of the rooms could be better. The computer was very old and didn't work well, it's important to have one, none all traveleres have their own laptops... Best location, very close to everything important, you don't need to take cabs ou subs to the centre, nor restaurants... Boston is very nice!!

• 22nd May 2015

Having a zero alcohol policy should be something that is advertised on hostelworld so people can book elsewhere if they want to rather than once they get to the hostel. Apart from that, close to public transport, very knowledgable staff and average facilities (hot water was out for 2/3 nights i stayed there).

excellent location, beds left a bit to be desired as opposed to previous hostels i've stayed in, staff were great very friendly and helpful

• 15th May 2015

The Hostel is in a good-location, but the atmosphere there is horrible. First of all, the rooms are extremely small you don't have space to fully open your luggage! There are an endless stairs to reach the reception, and if your room is located in the second floor (I'm really sorry for you) you'll need to carry your suitcase for more endless stairs (without any help from the staff). They weren't polite and friendly with me. They acted like I was doing them a favor by staying there.

The staff was very friendly and eager to provide assistance with directions, recommendations, etc.

• 11th May 2015

I haven't used a hostel in years and I must say going back is not pleasant. I liked that they hold your luggage for free until 5PM even after check-out ifs 11AM. Apart from that, there was no wi-fi, the mattress they use are really old and need to be cleaned or replaced. There was a huge stain on mine.

• 10th May 2015

Hostel was ok since the location is good (metro, pier and old town are close by and in walking distance). There really was only a light breakfast and no cooking facilities. Hostel was small and I think I paid a lot for a bed in a full 10 bed dorm. The toilets were very clean but the showers could have been cleaner. No Wifi in the upstairs area (no wifi in bedroom!) and only bad/slow connection in the lounge. Met several friendly people though and the staff was helpful and friendly as well!

← Back to search results