Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Disappointed by the beds, the mattresses were uncomfortable and didn't fit the beds. It also didn't help having a man snoring so loudly for 12 hours a day and needing to pay for earplugs!

Very small and quite crowded hostel - got very warm in bedrooms at night. Good location though.

I enjoyed my stay there. Unfortunately I didn't find guests keen to socialize, but the staff was really nice and the place looked well-organized.

• 10th Aug 2014

I had a pleasant stay at Friends Street Hostel and wish to stay there if I get a chance to visit Boston again. I will highly recommend it to my friends for staying as it is safe for girls and also has a warm hospitality service. It had a friendly environment and I had no trouble in locating the place as it is near to the subway station. The staff also were very cooperative and helped me with carrying my luggage. Lockers were also provided for safety of the luggage.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • India

A really nice hostel. The staff is sometimes a little sleepy (ok I checked in at 2 am :-)). Loved the place especially the free breakfast.

• 6th Aug 2014

Breakfast was good. The room was to cold and to loud because of the air-conditioning. The male staff was friendly, but slow with check in and everything. The female staff (one women) was totally unfriendly! I had to wait in my room for the key and so I used the chance to rest on the window. She came in and said that I shall do what I am supposed to do and pack my stuff in the locker. Very unpolite! She also was yelling about the luggage where I didn't get the point.

• 6th Aug 2014

The place felt very old and the stiff stairs as you come into the building are daunting. The bathrooms and the dorm were clean (good beds, nice bedding). Breakfast was OK. The staff was a little vague.

the place is in good location, restroom an bathroom are clean, but a little noisy.

Matresses (especially the sound when people are moving while lying on the bed) are the worst I've ever slept on and I've been to many hostels. Missed a nice hostel atmosphere, i.e. meeting new people when travelling on your own. Staff (girl with long brown hair) was helpful and friendly. Location is excellent.

The price is ok considering that the city is expensive, however I think they could provide locks for the lockers and the beds could be more confortable (they were actually mats). The showers could have been cleaner. The facilities in the kitchen were okish, could have been better too

I liked it very much. Nice staff, good location, extra points for the free breakfast!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

My only complaint was that my room was scorching hot when I returned at night and I was sweaty all night- but that aside it was a great stay!

• 18th Jul 2014

A nice friendly place to stay and close to all the things to see. The community room is a good place for a chat and a snack. Good breakfast. Only bothersome things were the aircondtioner and ventilator. It was too cold and too loud.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Place is OK, only stayed one night. Rained and couldn't leave. Common area is way too small given number of rooms.

Friend Street Hostel was homey, inviting, convenient and clean. I had a much better time here than at just about any other hotel/motel I've stayed!

• 12th Jul 2014

First experience in a hostel....great location (half a block to TD Arena...home of Bruins),,,also close to wharves and North End restaurants.......great price...very safe.....staff always trying to please.....dorm for 10 guys was warm and noisy at times (snoring, farting, metal lockers, bar next door),,,,overall, a positive experience

• 7th Jul 2014

I had a very nice stay at the Friend Street Hostel. The bathrooms and bedrooms were very clean (although the mattresses are a bit flat). The staff were also very friendly and helpful in general. The location is also good, right next to the North Station metro and Faneuil Hall.

• 6th Jul 2014

Too much people in the small room and it's quite hot at night ( they didn't turn on the air conditioner). When walking, the floor was also cracking all the time. It's annoying. I won't stay there again. อย่าไปเลยครับ ห้องเล็กมาก แอร์ก็ไม่เปิดตอนกลางคืน + ตอนเดินในห้องนะ พื้นที่เป็นพื้นไม้ดังตลอดอะ ไม่โอจริงๆ

Staff was friendly. The guests were cordial and we were respectful of each other it seemed. Liked that breakfast was provided for guest in the cafe downstairs. Loved the location too! It was a good stay & experience for me as a first time guest staying at a hostel.

• 29th Jun 2014

Nice place, considering it was a former insane asylum.