Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Stayed 4 nights, and it is the first time I stayed in hostel. The washroom and restroom are clean. The room is a bit crowd to accommodate 6 bunks. It is OK. I have a nice stay, will come again

• 22nd Jun 2014

Weren't allowed to share beds and were told we'd be kicked out with no refund. Also paid for a 6 person dorm and were put in one that had six beds but only a door (that didn't lock) inside of a ten person room. So basically we paid for six person and got sixteen! Not cool. The staff were friendly and location was good but not sure I would stay there again.

• 21st Jun 2014

About Cleanliness: -Restrooms and Bathrooms were ok but -Linen were very dirty, some blood for example on sheets, blanket with dirty tasks -Room in old overall look About facilities : no elevator About security : very small lockers About Atmosphere : we passed one night with a crazy man, so we didn't sleep all over the night...

• 21st Jun 2014

The front desk clerk insulted my home state and I was asked to move to a co-ed room after I had already checked in. Other than that I had exactly the experience at the hostel I expected to have.

• 21st Jun 2014

Have no real complaints. Could be more social, there isn't a real way to meet people.. should make more acitivites and create more of a vibe

• 16th Jun 2014

Everything was good, only the price was to high, to be just a regular Hostel. The position was great! And the staff really friendly!

• 15th Jun 2014

Weird hostel and ridiculously expensive - but there don't seem to be other cheaper options in Boston. The atmosphere here is dull. Possibly the least fun hostel I've stayed in, but the space is kept clean and the beds are comfy.

Friend Street hostel is a very well organized and friendly place to stay, in an excellent location.

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I loved it. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect. Good way to meet people, especially if you're travelling alone, and great value for the price

• 10th Jun 2014

The hostel is nicely located with a good value for money. But it is just too cramped! There is a room inside a room and the common room is clearly not big enough.

Really enjoyed my three nights at friend street hostel.bathrooms and dorm were clean, lockers available, great hospitality of staff.bring some earplugs with you: excellent location downtown.only small minus: no stove or oven in kitchen available due to fire prevention.Go there and enjoy good value for the money!

• 7th Jun 2014

Although there is a common room, the hostel doesn't too have much in the way of social events to get the guests to mingle. It was a very much "come here to sleep and nothing else" vibe.

• 5th Jun 2014

They had a slight in problem in booking, me and my girlfriend spent one night in separate bedrooms but they were very upfront about it and ended up refunding us 10% of our money. Staff is amazing, all in all. Also, they have a lot of notes on what to do, when to go and why. Quite helpful. Kitchen is small but enough silverware.

I can't say much because I only stayed one night, but it was nice. The only complain I have is about the internet connection, it's slower than my wheelchair grandma. Probably is ok for backpackers, but if they have long term residents studyng in Boston, they should improve it.

• 31st May 2014
  • Mexico

Room was very stuffy ! No air con/fans at all. Excellent location though ! Very easy to access public transport.

only problem was people coming in during the night ,drinking and eating although intoxicated proceeded to get my items wet. told staff and they said they would take care of it.

• 24th May 2014

I had a short but great time at thehostel. The helped me with my questions about the metro. They took the time and I appreciate that. Place was clean, I felt safe. I thanks the staff : it's also because of you if I enjoyed my stay !

• 22nd May 2014

Everyone and everything was great, except the cleaning lady who was rude, invasive and yelled at people over nothing.

• 20th May 2014

One of the best hostels that I've stayed at in the US. Helpful, friendly staff, excellent facilities and a great location - its super close to the trains.

I stayed only for 2 nights and the second was by far the better night. As there was a Bruins hockey game the first night the area around the hostel was busy and loud due to surrounding bars and pubs, and also that the centre was nearby. Though the second night was much quieter. From my previous hostel experiences there is at least some enjoyable atmosphere, but the Friend St Hostel (and although I enjoy quiet) was way too quiet in the communal area.

• 10th May 2014