Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

I had an outstanding time at Friend Street Hostel! This was actually my first hostel experience and it totally rocked! I met some really great people and had a generally great experience. I look forward to the next time I can stay with the FSH crew!

• 9th Nov 2014

Friendly and couteous staff, helped me carry my heavy bag up flight of stairs, gave me lower bunk bed upon my request, offerred me clam chowder at night, decent modest breakfast included,, slept well, everyone in room that was filled was courteous.

Just fine. Bed was pretty comfy and bathroom looked clean enough. Connection is ok on common areas but almost no connection in the bedroom. Breakfast and internet was included but the all other facilities are for payment.

Nice hostel, friendly respectful atmosphere, though rooms a little cramped.

• 1st Nov 2014

I got shafted out of $46.10 because this hostel has a confusing cancellation policy. My confirmation email stated "You are due to arrive here at 20:00" (because this is when I told them). Then it says "Cancellations must be notified... at least 24 hours prior to arrival", and "We have a 24hr cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made by 24 hours prior to the date of cancellation." ?? So I called at 15:00 on the day before, meaning 29 hours before my booking. But NOPE, not early enough!!

• 31st Oct 2014

Great staff. Comfortable beds, clean rooms. Location easy to find but a bit out of the way (need subway to gp anywhere). Quiet not party hostel aa no alcohol permit which was ecactly what I was looking for. Basic sp not luxury so mo vomplaimts except pricy for what you get. Lots of feeebees like breakfast in morning which was excellent.

• 27th Oct 2014