Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathrooms were clean. The hostel has plenty of info about the city and offers food nights (although I didn't take part.) It's a decent place, however, it is way overpriced. I have never seen hostel prices this high for what you get. Plus, everything is an added cost (lock, towel...) The wifi wasn't working either.

all of the negative reviews on yelp are unfounded. Friend Street Hostel was exactly what i was looking for during my stay in Boston.

• 30th Aug 2014

It's a good hostel except the fact that it's near a bar and a club so each night it will be a little noisy to sleep. And it's a little inconvenient since it's located on the 2rd floor. Anyway it's the first hostel I have stayed in Boston.

The Hostel is fine, the location can be a bit sketchy at night especially for a women travelling alone, the station is nice and close. The beds are uncomfortable and loud, like very large people have slept on them and bent them out of shape. One cannot roll over without everyone in the room knowing. A top sheet would have been nice as well, so I wouldn't have to see the stained comforter. The reception staff need to work on their bedside manner. A top sheet would have been nice.

It is not clean and very noisy.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • China

I loved my stay there. The building, the cafe, the interior, books in the common room. It was clean, I felt save and I met a friend. Does it get any better?

Facilities are very simple and everything looked exactly like in the pictures. There's no atmosphere at all, just the bedrooms and a living room that serves as common area but resumes to a TV and a sofa. The building is old, but it's Boston. No elevator. Staff was ok. Location is great, a few steps from TD Garden and a walking distance of North Station/Faneuil Hall Area. I really liked the Cafe downstairs where a decent breakfast is served every morning - You can even make your own waffles!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Please change the mattress of the rooms!!!

Excellent of all my hostel stays this summer, though the only downside is that the toilets are small and not private. I love the cleanliness and how the bunk beds are quite spaced out- so you feel that you have some space. Great breakfast at the cafe w waffles bread cereal. Close to the Metro

Disappointed by the beds, the mattresses were uncomfortable and didn't fit the beds. It also didn't help having a man snoring so loudly for 12 hours a day and needing to pay for earplugs!

Very small and quite crowded hostel - got very warm in bedrooms at night. Good location though.

I enjoyed my stay there. Unfortunately I didn't find guests keen to socialize, but the staff was really nice and the place looked well-organized.

• 10th Aug 2014

I had a pleasant stay at Friends Street Hostel and wish to stay there if I get a chance to visit Boston again. I will highly recommend it to my friends for staying as it is safe for girls and also has a warm hospitality service. It had a friendly environment and I had no trouble in locating the place as it is near to the subway station. The staff also were very cooperative and helped me with carrying my luggage. Lockers were also provided for safety of the luggage.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • India

A really nice hostel. The staff is sometimes a little sleepy (ok I checked in at 2 am :-)). Loved the place especially the free breakfast.

• 6th Aug 2014

Breakfast was good. The room was to cold and to loud because of the air-conditioning. The male staff was friendly, but slow with check in and everything. The female staff (one women) was totally unfriendly! I had to wait in my room for the key and so I used the chance to rest on the window. She came in and said that I shall do what I am supposed to do and pack my stuff in the locker. Very unpolite! She also was yelling about the luggage where I didn't get the point.

• 6th Aug 2014

The place felt very old and the stiff stairs as you come into the building are daunting. The bathrooms and the dorm were clean (good beds, nice bedding). Breakfast was OK. The staff was a little vague.

1 2 3 Next » last »