Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Was in a great location and was able to drop my belongings there, however I was unable to get a refund for my second night and am very disappointed in that fact, I think they should of considered the fact I didn't even sleep there the first night into consideration

• 9th May 2014
  • El Salvador

It was my first time staying in a Hostel so I don't know how to compare it. I liked that the showers actually had hot water which I don't always get in motels. It is really close to the North station of the T so you can pretty much get anywhere in Boston. The staff was super nice. Some of the guests were really annoying but that is what you get with a Hostel. If you are a female and get a co-ed room it will pretty much be guys so heads up on that. Wi-fi was not good in the room.

• 4th May 2014

Great hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. I felt safe!

• 4th May 2014

beds were very unconfortable, locker in rooms you have to get thru the 10 bed dorm to get to the 6 bed dorm, so it is more a 16 bed dorm then two separate rooms location was top very loud at night because the hostel is between two bars this hostel is good for party people

I enjoyed how the hostel encouraged visitors to socialize with other travelers. It made the trip more fun.

Kitchen is pretty minimal. Microwave and hot water pot. One fridge for 40 beds.

A nice, friendly enough hostel. The good sides are it's close to the station, a bunch of bars that serve good beer, and I suppose it's close to some touristy stuff too. The downsides were pretty shoddy security (anyone can walk in off the street and up to the rooms, which are accessed using a code that would be very easy to guess), not particularly clean rooms (the floors were kind of gross, and I'm not even that picky) and beds covered in plastic.

they should clean rooms a litle bit more!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Quite okay place to stay. Unfortunately internet didnt work few times at all. Kitchen isnt very well equipped. I know that all hostels in Boston are expensive, but in my opinion, compare to hostels all around North America its way too much for what you get.

As a runner, I stayed there during the Boston Marathon. Conveniently located by train transportation or to attend a professional hockey or basketball game. I look forward to visiting there again next Boston Marathon

Terrible Hostel. unkind staff. noisy. bad smell. etc

The male staff helped a lot. however the wifi does not work well upstairs. moreover, common room closed in the morning and late into night.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • China

The staff is so friendly. The atmosphere at the cafe downstairs is so nice. The breakfast is good and it's very close to the subway. They can do better about their mattress.

Everything was great the only thing would be that they could perhaps find another option for mattress protectors on the beds. The plastic ones they had were a little noisy and uncomfortable.

• 17th Apr 2014

This hostel was really convenient to get to via public transit from Logan. I was only there for one night. It was clean and nice. My only complaint is that both the neighborhood and the hostel itself were a bit loud, but that's to be expected in a hostel. Breakfast was good!

So I booked a bed on a 8-mixed dorm for one night at Friends Hostel. What they gave me? A bed on a SEVENTEEN-FEMALE dormitory! For the same price! They should at least give me back the money difference. But the staff told me that I had payed a long time ago (2 months, actually) and the price has increased since then, so, after all, I was actually getting exactly what I had payed for. I didn't make a case, because it was just a night. But I'm really angry.

I've been in almost 20 hostels in the last 2 years and this is the worst hostel with the worst manager. When we arrived we'd ours beds ($47 each) which we'd reserved five months before, but when be returned to the hostel, they told us that because overbooking they changed our room and now i have no bed any more minewhile other people were checking in. The maneger offered me a discount of $10 and a dog's bed or we had to leave in the middle of the nigth even with a reservation five months earlier

The staff, other guests and facilities were excellent. I would recommend to upgrade the computer systems, website, and point of sales. The technology at the hostel is outdated and slow, it made booking and checking in cumbersome. Speeding up the speed of service delivery would increase customer satisfaction. It would also improve competition against nearby hostels, which specifically advertise their "modernness". I noticed Friend Street Hostel was the last to be fully booked on that weekend.

• 11th Apr 2014

Not amazing... but the cheapest hostel I found near the center.

Good location, easy to walk to the centre