Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Warm, comfortable and clean. Very well located, Boston is an easy city to walk about. Staff were friendly. Next to TD Garden, the basketball and Ice hockey stadium, brilliant atmosphere. A heads up, no stove, only a microwave and rice cooker. Breakfast is light but good. Genius idea of no keys for the doors, just codes; makes life very simple. Thanks for an excellent stay in Boston guys!

you guys need to set up a better wifi system. internet speed is slow but that may be because of a lot of interference at the standard 2.4 GHz wifi frequency. wireless G and N are both set up to have ideally only 3 simultaneous users at this frequency! there are a few ways to get around this limit: 1) a couple wifi access points that use directional antennas to, 2) using 5 GHz dual band wifi (not all devices support), 3) upgrade to wireless AC (it has beamforming to help older G and N users)

• 25th Mar 2014

When I got into the 10bed room late night, the room was full and a terrible snoring from a single guest look to me unbelievable that the rest 8 guest can be able to sleep, I leave the room for one hour and when I return the snoring continue as loud as at the begining so I put me an ear protection for noise reduction so I will strongly suggest to put in place a guest notification when this disturb behaviour are on progress, forcing to use some medical solution avaible in the market.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Only stayed one night while 40Berkeley was full. + The staff was very friendly. + The wifi worked reliably, this is a big plus for me. Seems rare for hostels. + The common area was nice and comfy. - The security wasn't great; each room was locked with a guessable, shared code (i.e. if you knew one, you could figure out all of them). I'm assuming they've never been changed. - Very limited space. Lockers were included, but any floor space was mostly consumed by beds.

The location is a little loud with a new bar next door. Take ear plugs!

• 14th Mar 2014

There could be some brushes in the restroooms so we could leave the place cleaner

• 5th Mar 2014

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. The only good things were the location and the free breakfast buffé. But cleanliness was very poor, the bathrooms were ok, but the bedrooms not at all. Floors seemed like they have never been cleaned and the "clean" sheets were definitely not clean- gross! The rented towel wasn't fresh either. The staff seemed confused a lot. It was supposed to be a 24/7 reception, but when we came down to order a cab no one was there and still not after 10 min.

This hostel is not a bad one as such…it is reasonably clean, is fine to sleep in and is in a decent area of Boston (to enable you to get around). However, the negatives relate to the tiny common area and a kitchen that consists of a microwave. There was no atmosphere in the hostel when i was there, which was perhaps due to the timing, but it just seemed quite dull. I left one night early due to all of this and didn't get my refund on my credit card until i contacted them to ask for it back.

I liked the people working there. Beds are not so confortable, though.

Very friendly caring

• 4th Feb 2014

Great hostel in a great location right near the subway and TD garden. Thicker mattress wouldnt hurt!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »