Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

Very simple, I am used to the NYC hostels which are half the price and way better bang for your buck. I also had an uncomfortable encounter with a staff member, other than that the staff were very friendly.

I am so happy to have discovered this place! Such a warm, welcoming, safe place with great traveller atmosphere. I am recommending it to all my friends going to Boston soon. You are going to be packed! :) Love this place!!!!

This is perhaps the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff were not friendly, the hostel was unclean, and, to make matters worse, the hostel allows vets with PTSD stay in the dormitories with travelers. I felt unsafe the entire time I was there.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

It was great. It's Downtown, close to subway and really close from some of Boston place of interest (pretty much everything related to history). The team member are really nice and welcoming. The beds were not great, the mattress was really thin and we could here one another moving, and that would be the only bad thing about this hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Better cleanliness in the rooms, entrance, friendlier staff. This is the second reservation and the last time there.

Mattress needs to be upgraded

The room was tiny for 10 beds, the mattress was the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on. I was told it was 24/7 reception I waited 20mins to check out and no one came so I ledt. The wifi didn't work.

I really enjoyed my stay at the friendstreet hostel. Best location ever. P.s. I really like the guy from Atlanta

• 11th Apr 2015

I liked the common area. It was easy to meet and talk to people. The mattresses were odd. They are plastic so make lots of noise when you want to turn over! Overall this was a great little hostel.

• 11th Apr 2015

Staff was really friendly and willing to help!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Iceland

Staying at Friend St Hostel was a great "old style) hostel experience with lots of mingling and info exchange right next to not very exciting Faneuil hall and charming Italian North End

1 2 3 4 Next » last »