Friend Street Hostel & Café Reviews

234 Friend Street, Boston, USA

you guys need to set up a better wifi system. internet speed is slow but that may be because of a lot of interference at the standard 2.4 GHz wifi frequency. wireless G and N are both set up to have ideally only 3 simultaneous users at this frequency! there are a few ways to get around this limit: 1) a couple wifi access points that use directional antennas to, 2) using 5 GHz dual band wifi (not all devices support), 3) upgrade to wireless AC (it has beamforming to help older G and N users)

• 25th Mar 2014

I felt there was not enough bathroom space and having the toilets separate from the sinks was extremely inconvenient. Beds also had a thin mattress which was really uncomfortable. One staff brought a guess into the room and spoke quite loudly in the middle of the night.

When I got into the 10bed room late night, the room was full and a terrible snoring from a single guest look to me unbelievable that the rest 8 guest can be able to sleep, I leave the room for one hour and when I return the snoring continue as loud as at the begining so I put me an ear protection for noise reduction so I will strongly suggest to put in place a guest notification when this disturb behaviour are on progress, forcing to use some medical solution avaible in the market.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Only stayed one night while 40Berkeley was full. + The staff was very friendly. + The wifi worked reliably, this is a big plus for me. Seems rare for hostels. + The common area was nice and comfy. - The security wasn't great; each room was locked with a guessable, shared code (i.e. if you knew one, you could figure out all of them). I'm assuming they've never been changed. - Very limited space. Lockers were included, but any floor space was mostly consumed by beds.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »