Friendly AQP

8.7
Fabulous 719 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Aug 2017

The staff at friendly AQP, particularly the 2 girls at reception, were possibly the most friendly, helpful and attentive people I have come across on my trip. They really helped me organise my flights home the same day that I found out my grandmother was in hospital back home. They really went above and beyond what was necessary. Thank you girls. I also thought the breakfast was great :)

26th Jul 2017

Overall decent hostel! A few highlights and low lights. Highlights: amazing pancake breakfast, happy atmosphere, large double bed private room,clean facilities for the most part! Cons.. the double bed room shares a door (permanently locked) with the bathroom and paper thin walls, so we heard EVERYTHING all night.. as well it shares a door (permanently locked) with a staircase so we heard people come and go very loudly as well. Showers were warm not hot but good water pressure!

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2017

It is only a few blocks from the main square in a nice residential neighbourhood. It is not a chain of hostels so has a bit of its own character and feels more like a guesthouse than a hostel. It is clean and fairly good value for money. They organise tours to Colca, but I would strongly advise only paying for the transport to Cabanaconde and then doing it yourself from there. VERY RECOOMEND...

• Czech Republic, Female, 31-40
16th Jul 2017

Not the best looking hostel I have stayed in but because it's small, it's much easier to make contacts with other travelers (if you are as shy as I am). I really met very nice people and ended up doing the Colca Canyon with one of them. Hot water is really hot during the day but not much pressure. Location is also great as it is close to Plaza de Armas and also close to a huge supermarket. If you have time, do the rafting! It was short but amazing and fun.

9th Jul 2017
7.7

We loved the rooftop - great views of the volcanoes. The pancakes were good for breakfast. Decent kitchen. The curtains around the individual beds were good. Only one charging point in the dorm which was annoying. Decent location. Would recommend.

• Flipsideza
  • South Africa, Male, 25-30
7th Jul 2017
6.3

Checkin staff were great, gave us a map and highlighted the towns important places. The 8 bed dorm was very cramped, beds have curtains but our room only had one plug point which made charging phones a real mission. On our first night just after cooking & eating dinner (8pm) a staff member tells us thier is a hostel dinner for S./10... umm a bit late!!! No signs for a hostel dinner :/ Breakfast was really mediocre, cold pancakes, ONLY soy milk :( Bathrooms need a lot of attention & toilet paper!

6th Jul 2017
6.9

Little out the way, not much atmosphere going on but okay stay.

18th Jun 2017

I stayed here for six nights, 3 days before and after going to Colca Canyon. I was in the 6 and 8 bed dorms as well as the private room. All the rooms and facilities were excellent. The hostel earns it's name by the friendliest of the staff, they really make you feel welcome and like one of their friends. Special thanks to Sara for being so kind every day and helping me get back what I forgot at the hostel and thanks to Clever for top notch breakfast every morning! Sweet hostel!

• lemthomas
  • New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
12th Jun 2017

Great hostel! Everything you need, clean, comfortable and cheap. Really comfortable beds! Helpful staff. Hot water is hot at the right time of the day as it is solar powered so I would recommend going afternoon once the panels have warmed up as from experience morning and night it's pretty much cold yet my 4pm shower was hot hot!!!! Wifi works, roof top has great view of the volcanos. Pool table, table tennis table, hammocks, book swap, good kitchen, breakie is GOOD! Cheers

• Germany, Male, 25-30
4th Jun 2017

Good breakfast, close to the old town of Arequipa. Everything is very clean and you can book all kinds of Tours and Trips, for what the region is famous for, directly at their counter. The staff helps with everything, you have a nice view from their roof, and if you don't mind about unseparated facilitys, it is totaly worth it!