Friendly AQP Reviews

Pasaje Cusco 203, Vallecito, Cercado, Arequipa, Peru

We loved it at this hostel! Good vibe, always someone to hang out with, staff are mostly helpful and washrooms are spotless. Did colca canyon tour booked through this hostel and it was super easy. Breakfast pancakes are amazing! Beer here is as cheap as at the supermarket too! Nice safe neighbourhood really close to centre and near lots of cheap restaurants!

The staff that run the place are really laid back people, they live up to the friendly namesake. The forms and bathrooms were always clean. Best breakfast (banana pancake with caramel and chocolate) in Peru so far. Really comfy place.

I cannot praise the management enough, simply the best hostel that I have stayed at. Ever the manager and staff are so attentive, nothing is too hard, always willing to go the extra mile. The hostel is clean, breakfast is yummy, best banana pancakes, and very professional, thank you all for my wonderful stay in your beautiful city.

I was traveling alone so this was not for me. It has a more closed off atmosphere. Also, the rooms smelled bad and the showers didn't drain. It's about a ten minute walk from where you want to be in Arequipa. Probably a good place to launch a colca trek, but less so for seeing Arequipa.

Really nice hostel, probably one of the best I've stayed in. Really nice common room with a pool table, comfortable couches, and movies to watch. Dorms were clean and comfortable and had lots of room. Really appreciated the curtains to close off the beds so you don't disturb anyone with those early Colca Canyon wake ups! Fast wifi and probably the hottest showers in all of South America! The breakfast was really good as well. Overall not a single negative thing to say about this hostel.

As its name,the staff are really friendly,and breakfast is great! Banana pancake!

Best hostel in Peru! Safe, quiet, plenty of areas for socializing and meeting other travellers, amazing wifi that even reaches the bedrooms (people could watch Netflix!) and the best hostel breakfast I've ever even heard of, hands down. Don't stay anywhere else in Arequipa!

This hostel has a very homey feeling to it, partly because of how it is set up and also because of the very nice and friendly people working there. Facilities are good with a large living room and a big garden at the back. It is a bit further from the main square than most hostels, but no more than an 8-10 minute walk. And if you stay here you must try the fruit pancakes for breakfast, they are awesome!

Great staff! Clean & comfy common area. Good kitchen & fridge for your own meals. Breakfast is delicious Banana Pancakes or eggs if you like. Help with booking trips and buses. Beers & waters in the fridge to buy if you like. Close to the Plaza de Armas (Which is gorgeous btw!) The terrace on the roof has a nice view of the surrounding volcanoes. We would definitely return if we visit Arequipa again!! Good vibe w/ the fellow travelers as well. Overall a great experience! Oh and there's kitties!

Me and my friend we stayed 2 nights in a twin room. The rooms+bathrooms are very clean. First night was a bit loud since the room was next to the showers. The second night in a separate room outside was perfect. The staff is really nice and helpful. Only thing I didn''t like that there were a lot of cats running around and it smelled like cat pee.

Friendly staff, decent free breakfast and nice private rooms. Very chill atmosphere!

Nice hostel for a few nights in Arequipa.Staff is very helpful and you can book all the tours there. The breakfast is amazinfg!

This place was ok. We reserved a double room, they put us right next to the metal front door, where you could hear it loudly slam. We asked to move, they put us in a quieter room upstairs, but this isn't a place to go if you want a good quiet nights sleep without earplugs. The staff was lovely, and the breakfast was good. Very weird vibe in the communal room, everyone sitting on couches in the dark staring at screens. Small but very clean kitchen, and they kept the bathrooms spotless.

Staff was really helpful and nice! Breakfast was delicious, beds were comfortable and most had curtains so you weren't bothered when other people moved around, lots of space in the common areas to relax and meet people. Kitchen was pretty gross, but other than that I highly recommend this hostel!

Friendly staff. Excellent atmosphere at the communal breakfast table. Loved the banana pancakes for breakfast.

• 6th Apr 2015

Had an awesome stay and would stay again. The staff is so nice. The girl at the front desk let me change my reservation around multiple times last minute without any trouble. She helped call the bus company to find out when I could get my own bus to colca canyon. The kitchen staff also graciously gave me food after breakfast time was "over". Very nice place

Lovely, family run hostel. Location is good, near supermarket and close enough to centre. Bathroom facilities were really good as were the bedrooms which had curtains around the beds for added privacy. The common areas are what sets this hostel apart though. Pool table, table tennis table and plenty seating space added to what was a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Definitely one of our favourite hostels!

Really chilled out hostel, friendly and helpful staff. I loved this hostel, just to relax and watch movies!

Was only meant to stay here one night and I've ended up staying four! Really chilled out atmosphere - great place to relax. Less than a 10 minute walk into town. They have pancakes for breakfast!

Best hostel in my life, the best hostel in Peru

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4