Friendly AQP Reviews

Pasaje Cusco 203, Vallecito, Cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Very good breakfast. Friendly staff

• 21st Jun 2015

Great hostel, a little further out from the plaza, but still only a 5 minute walk. Great communal areas, a TV room with couches, some hammocks outside and some outdoor tables, small kitchen too. Excellent breakfast... definitely go the pancakes! Clean rooms, each dorm bed have curtains, so you get privacy too. Enjoyable stay and recommend to anyone wanting a relaxed place to reside for a couple days.

Great place to meet people.

The staff and atmosphere is very friendly. I met some great people At this hostel and it was easy to make friends. The beds are very comfortable and it is clean. They even have curtains around the bed which is a nice touch. They also have a delicious free breakfast of pancakes or eggs and toast. The main criticisms I have are that there are very few power outlets and I wish there were individual lights per bed. Also the bathroom is not very private and there is no where private to change.

Delicious breakfast, very clean with big rooms, and a short walk to the center of town. Th staff is really lovely and helpful. All around, a great value for the price! Only complaint is a couple of my shirts got lost when they did my laundry for me, so just make sure to double check that you have all of your items if you use that service. Would definitely stay here again if I'm in Arequipa !

Great hostel. Comfortable beds with curtains, a well equipped kitchen, friendly staff, breakfast which is more than bread and jam, and a quick walk to the Plaza del Armas. They were also very generous in letting me stay all day after checking out to wait for my bus.

The staff at Friendly Hostel are some of the most friendly and helpful I've had in Peru! My bus to Cuzco was delayed due to strikes en route. The staff kept me updated on the situation and provided information on alternative routes. My experience would have been much worse without their assistance!

• 6th Jun 2015

I really loved this hostel, the beds were super comfy, banana pancakes for breakfast, friendly staff and good common areas to meet others. Unfortunately, however, the laundry service was a bit disorganised - they didn't mark my bag and then gave my washing to someone else. The staff were helpful in getting it back, in stages, but after leaving I realised I was still missing a top. Wonderful hostel in all other respects though!

Pretty cool place. The garden Is beautifulbeautiful and beds are comfy. Dont forget about the included breakfast. It happens early. You can find cheaper tours in the plaza de armas

A nice small garden with hammocks, good breakfast, comfortable beds and a really good shower with hot water. The walls in the toilet could be thicker.

Close to all the sights in Arequipa but in a quiet corner, helpful staff, great breakfast with banana pancakes :) Very comfortable beds with individual curtains as a very nice extra, lockers available in the rooms. nice garden area, would definitely come back!

The hostel was excellent! As the name suggests, everyone there is very friendly. Dorms are quite spacious, I especially liked the curtains around each dorm bed, a very simple but effective way at having privacy in a public place. The breakfast (either a pancake with bananas or eggs with bread) was a welcome change from simple bread and marmelade at most hostels. It being on a side street made for quieter nights, but its proximity to the city center made it very easy to see the local sites.

This was such a nice hostel to relax in. The trekking organised through them was also very good and they look after your luggage whilst you are away. Small lockers available, 1 of the showers was either scalding or freezing but the other one is fine. Close to the centre, 5 min walk and cool tv room. I liked the private curtained beds in the dorms, lots of plugs in common areas but not in the dorms so much

I had a very warm welcome. The whole staff endavours to make everyone's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Chillout in the living room - had some great video nights there :) Very helpful travel desk as they sell tickets to trips to the Colca Canyoon, Rafting and organize bus tickets as well. Lovely hostel and even more lovely people, I loved staying here!

• 25th May 2015

Staff were helpful, good location, very good value for money - would definitely recommend!

• 23rd May 2015

Great hostel and great staff! Clean rooms, excellent film collection and delicious breakfast!

We arrived early in the morning and somebody was there to let us in. Just outside of the main downtown area makes for a 10 minutes walk home from and outings which we didn't mind. Doors on the bigger rooms are always open and one large open bathroom makes for a lack of privacy so having curtains to separate each bed (which are extremely comfortable) was a nice touch. Breakfast does not last long so if you want your banana pancakes you have to get up bright and early! I would stay again.

Great hostel I was stuck in Arequipa for a week because of riots and loved my stay at aqp the staff is incredible super friendly and helpful, lover the laid back atmosphere

One of the best hostels we´ve stayed in during our 5 month travels. Staff is very helpful at organizing tours and buses without commission. Its pretty close to the Plaza and near to at least one very cheap restaurant. Breakfast is also good, none of this usual Peruvian bread and jam for breakfast, no here you get pancakes! Would return to Arequipa in a heartbeat and would definitely be staying here.

We loved it at this hostel! Good vibe, always someone to hang out with, staff are mostly helpful and washrooms are spotless. Did colca canyon tour booked through this hostel and it was super easy. Breakfast pancakes are amazing! Beer here is as cheap as at the supermarket too! Nice safe neighbourhood really close to centre and near lots of cheap restaurants!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4