Friendly AQP

9.0
Superb 638 Total Reviews

• Germany, Couple, 31-40
20th Apr 2017

Nice hostel in Arequipa with a chilled atmosphere! Breakfast is free and more than ok. The staff helps you in planning trips around Arequipa and in exploring the city. Definitely not a party hostel but I would stay there again!

• Germany, Mixed Group, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

We had a great stay in this hostel. The girls at the reception were super nice and friendly and the breakfast is great! We also booked our tour to the Colca Canyon through them. 100 soles for the two day-tour, that's a good price!

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

Great hostel with a good vibe. Stayed a total of 4 nights in a private double / 8-bed dorm. Staff very friendly & helpful. Banana pancakes for breakfast a hit but please put real milk on the buffet for cereal & coffee!!! Not that powdered stuff... If you want a hot shower best to take it in the afternoon as the water is solar heated. Loved the rooftop terrace. Would definitely return and stay again if in Arequipa.

• laerkeoline
  • Denmark, Couple, 18-24
9th Apr 2017
6.9

Our private room was big and clean, but the toilets was not too clean and the kitchen, which guests could use and where the staff made breakfast for us was so dirty. There was food all over the floor. It was a 10 minute walk to the Plaza.

5th Apr 2017

Stopped at this hostel for one night. Close to all the local sights and shops. Can book tours and buses at the hostel. Breakfast was nice (banana pancakes or eggs/bread). Curtains around the bed allow for an early night for those going on tours etc. Arrived at 5am and thankful for the staff who let us stay in the common room and provided blankets.

3rd Apr 2017
8.0

Nice hostel with everything you need. It's a reasonable walk from the the city centre (10 minutes) located on a quiet, gated residential road. At the moment there is a crazy little kitten, which is very cute but very naughty. If you don't like cats, steer clear. Whilst I was here I did the Colca Cayon trek, organised by the hostel, which I would recommend! If you opt to do the trek then take additional food and snacks as the meals are small and limited.

3rd Apr 2017

The hostel was exceptional. Not only were the pancakes in the morning an excellent way to start the day, but every tour they arranged was with a great company. The beds are large and the privacy curtains are a nice touch. The staff even helped me print and scan some documents that I needed to send back to the United States. My only complaint would be the lack of plugs in the 8 bed dorm room. Which is to say a tiny problem. There was plenty opportunity and outlets to charge devices elsewhere.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017

Really liked my stay, one of the best hostels on my trip and definitely good value for your money! The staff was extremely helpful with my problems and helped me out a lot. If I ever go back to Arequipa I'll definitely stay here! And I've been recommending it to everyone I've met so far.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Mar 2017

Really nice place to stay. Me and my friend both got food poising while we were there so it was a great place to relax. Close to the city centre and things to do. Most amazing breakfast every morning with a choice of eggs and bread or huge pancakes with banana and toffee and chocolate sauces. Good atmosphere as well as the breakfast area is one big table where everyone talks to each other.

12th Mar 2017

Friendly AQP can't be beat when it comes to friendly knowledgeable staff. I loved the location on quiet street within easy walking distance of the historical centre. When I look at how much I paid for my stay, I think it gave me best value for my money during my 5 month travels.