Friendly AQP Reviews

Pasaje Cusco 203, Vallecito, Cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Great breakfast. Hot showers. Lockers for valuables. Short walk to centre and supermarket. Good common area lots of seats, TV, pool table, ping pong table, hammocks and chairs outside and on balcony. Dorm beds comfy and have individual curtains. Would only suggest more plug sockets and reading lamps! Definately recommend this hostel!

This is the nicest hostel that we stayed in out of one month, six cities and seven hostels. The location feels very secure, it is in a nice neighborhood and it is always staffed. It's not far from the main square, just a 5 minute walk. The staff is amazing, they are so kind and helpful and want you to have the best stay possible. The atmosphere is great, the breakfast is delicious, and it's reasonably priced. Plus, hot water and the best wifi I have had in Peru. Highly recommend.

The garden is really nice and they let you use the shower for free after a colca canyon trip. Try to do the colca canyon in 3 days, way more relaxing plus not so hard.

Very good hostel! Staff were so nice and people in general. Very yummy breakfast too:)

Very nice hostel, always being cleaned, good hot showers, wifi is best I have had in SA in 3 months. Staff are super nice and happy to help out anywhere possible. Booked Cruz del Sur through them with no commission added. 5 min walk to the plaza, 3 min walk to a good supermarket. Certainly not a party hostel but great to chill out for a few days. Relatively cheap and beds are comfy. Not really anything bad to add!

Best hostel I've stayed at in Peru so far. Breakfast is served to you and is truly delicious. The place is kept very clean and the showers are hot! Great view of one of the beautiful mountains from the rooftop. Common area has an excess of furniture and is very comfortable and well kept. Good selection of movies in DVD library. Plus Arequipa is just a very beautiful and fun city. Highly recommend the walking tour.

• 14th Jul 2015

Good hostel. Decent breakfast. Helpful staff. Secure, central location. Only con was the cold shower.

Pancake breakfast do I need to say more? ?!! The staff are super helpful and very knowledgeable of the area and activities. There is a lot to do in Arequipa but if you are recovering from the Colca canyon trek there is plenty to keep you occupied at the hostel. The water was always hot. We were meant to only stay for 2 nights we ended up staying 5. Highly recommend thus hostel

This is a very good hostel in Arequipa with a large common room and a private curtain in the dorms with an excellent breakfast included. Only negative was when booking a bus to cusco the staff told us only 1 bus company went there (the most expensive) so be sure to book your bus outside of the hostel

Most amazing breakfast of banana pancakes. Staff was super helpful. Each bed has its own curtain around it, which is great for when people have to leave early for tours. Good location, close to the main Plaza and grocery store. Great outdoor area and comfy couches with TV and tons of DVDs.

There were mostly people staying here to go hiking, which meant they left early in the morning and there was very little socializing. The hostel has a nice yard with hammocks where they serve a very tasty (banana pancakes!) breakfast, which didn't always live up to the hungry hiker's appetite. The staff was nice and they had really handy personal curtains so you could easily sleep through all the people leaving early.

We really enjoyed this hostel and stayed an extra night. It's a bit further away from the main square than others and as a female, I didn't particularly enjoy walking back alone at night but I feel it was mostly safe. I'm just paranoid on quiet streets! Bathrooms are coed and shared, but I always had hot water and it was always clean. Breakfast was great and the atmosphere is perfect for meeting people. It's also a nice place to relax and hang out when you're tired from all the traveling!

Had a very comfortable stay at Friendly AQP! Good facilities, generally very helpful staff with a good family vibe, an awesome breakfast made to order and the table tennis and ping pong tables are a nice addition!!! We booked our Colca Canyon tour thru these guys and were very impressed - they also don't take commission! The only issue was that it was tough finding the place the first day.

Very good breakfast. Friendly staff

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel staff was great and particularly one girl helped us with many questions. She even called some bus companies for us to check their availability and time tables. We also did our colca canyon tour with the hostel (they worked with another travel agency) and really enjoyed it. We did discover though that other people in our tour were paying a little less (10 soles less).

Great hostel, a little further out from the plaza, but still only a 5 minute walk. Great communal areas, a TV room with couches, some hammocks outside and some outdoor tables, small kitchen too. Excellent breakfast... definitely go the pancakes! Clean rooms, each dorm bed have curtains, so you get privacy too. Enjoyable stay and recommend to anyone wanting a relaxed place to reside for a couple days.

Great place to meet people.

The staff and atmosphere is very friendly. I met some great people At this hostel and it was easy to make friends. The beds are very comfortable and it is clean. They even have curtains around the bed which is a nice touch. They also have a delicious free breakfast of pancakes or eggs and toast. The main criticisms I have are that there are very few power outlets and I wish there were individual lights per bed. Also the bathroom is not very private and there is no where private to change.

Delicious breakfast, very clean with big rooms, and a short walk to the center of town. Th staff is really lovely and helpful. All around, a great value for the price! Only complaint is a couple of my shirts got lost when they did my laundry for me, so just make sure to double check that you have all of your items if you use that service. Would definitely stay here again if I'm in Arequipa !

Great hostel. Comfortable beds with curtains, a well equipped kitchen, friendly staff, breakfast which is more than bread and jam, and a quick walk to the Plaza del Armas. They were also very generous in letting me stay all day after checking out to wait for my bus.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4