Friendly AQP Reviews

Pasaje Cusco 203, Vallecito, Cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Friendly AQP lives up to its name being the friendliest hostel we've encountered yet. Very helpful and very kind, these guys go out of their way to make your experience in Arequipa great. Excellent wifi, good electric showers, lots of recreational facilities and a really nice environment. Couldn't recommend it more!

The problem of this hostel are the bathrooms. Just to WC and two showers for all the guests. Apart from this the facilities were very old and in need of a renovation. Security wasn't the best cause we found the gate and the entrance door of the hostel wide open all the time. For the same price you can find a better place next door.

Your comment seems pretty suspicious for many reasons.Where your dorm is located,there are 2 restrooms and 2 showers but in the first floor there are 3 showers and 3 restrooms more.The hostel has less than 1 year since we opened,all the facilities have remained in good conditions.We are located a good neighborhood,quiet and safe area.The doors are always closed and we always have a receptionist at the door.Is just your opinion against 101 comments from other happy guests with our good service.

This was my second time staying in this hostel and I found it just as comfortable as last time! The staff was great once again and breakfast was fabulous I highly recommend Friendly AQP!

I had a wonderful stay at Friendly AQP and enjoyed myself a lot! The dorm was nice, especially the curtains on the bedside, the toiletts were clean, the shower was really hot, the included breakfast was delicious, the kitchen to use was handy and last but not least the staff was VERY friendly and helpful at all times! I can recommend a stay there warmestly! Thanxs a lot!!

Friendly AQP was the perfect place to stay for a few days in Arequipa. The breakfast was very nice, better than other hostel breakfasts I've had. The common area is very nice with movies, ping pong tables, hammocks, etc. The patio out back is relaxing if you need a day to rest, but the hostel is at most 10 minutes away from the city center. I definitey recommend this hostel!

An excellent hostel, very clean, with good facilities, comfortable beds and reliable, hot showers. Good location in Arequipa, close to the main square, but on a quiet street and close to a supermarket. A choice of scrambled eggs or a banana pancake for breakfast. Well-equipped kitchen. Helpful, friendly, and very service-minded English-speaking crew, especially Leila. :) I stayed for three days first and then came back twice.

Nice chill hostel, staff are very friendly and relaxed

Not a party hostel, there is no bar. Great pancake for breakfast. Great friendly staff. Close to the centro, as well as a super mercado. Booked my Cañon del Colka three day tour here and the prices were at least as good as those who booked elsewhere. Hot showers all afternoon long.

The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was amazing compared to all other hostel breakfasts I've had included so far. I even enjoyed the comfort of the beds and they have privacy curtains which I think all hostels should have.

This is best hostel I have stayed in for my whole trip! I wound up for over a week! The staff remember your name and always have a smile on there face. The breakfast is amazing and there tours are good value for money! Every traveler that I met there was amazing! And Arequipa is wonderful! I add that you have to go if you want to party.

Good wifi and lockers. The location and staff were great. However, the showers were a bit cold and the bathrooms were a little dirty.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel and the member of staff who greeted us was FANTASTIC and very helpful! We also loved crawling onto the lovely thick mattresses and bed. Very nice. And a superb breakfast! On the down-side, the a Hostel of that size you really need more showers and toilets, and during our stay there over 3days we never once had hot running water! :-( Also there was only 4 plug sockets to be found!!! It's not enough for that many people.

• 18th Jul 2014

The staff are indeed very friendly. Breakfast was nice too. However I will agree with previous reviewers who said that these facilities are only average. There were only two toilets, which often backed up while I was there, and two showers, which we only so-so in cleanliness. One note: they do push their tours of the canyon quite heavily. I do think they provide pretty good value--they're a bit more expensive than competitors in town but the groups are much smaller.

Hello thanks for your comment, but we do not understand why you say that there are only 2 bathrooms around the hostel ,on the first floor there are 3 bathrooms with 3 showers and the second floor where your room is located has 2 bathrooms and 2 showers as being closer is what did you use more,about our tours, we are direct operators to the canyon and we take care of our group very well with a good Service good guide, food, transportation, lodging, and very different than the other tours operator

Very good hostel

I felt right at home at friendly AQP. Everyone was chilled out, and it was nice that the hostel wasn't right on the plaza de armas. The kitchen was nice, and the tv room and patio were wonderful. My room was clean, wouldve liked more bathroom capacity.

Enjoyed staying here, breakfast was amazing (banana pancakes in particular) no complaints.

Really nice place to stay! Peoplw are really friendly and the breakfast is awesomeee!!!

• 14th Jul 2014

Loved the curtains around the beds, nice homely feeling to the place, not a party hostel.

Nice hostel, good breakfast and pool table etc is good.

After confirming our reservation via Hostel world and then again via phone two hours before arrival, our beds had been given away to other travellers. There wa a mix up and eventually they allowed us to stay on the couch for the night for free. Mix ups happen, but still ridiculous. Made up for it with the free night, banana pancakes, and a free cab ride the next day but only once the english speaking manager turned up. If they don't give away your room- fabulous place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3