Friendly AQP Reviews

Pasaje Cusco 203, Vallecito, Cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Not a party hostel, there is no bar. Great pancake for breakfast. Great friendly staff. Close to the centro, as well as a super mercado. Booked my Cañon del Colka three day tour here and the prices were at least as good as those who booked elsewhere. Hot showers all afternoon long.

The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was amazing compared to all other hostel breakfasts I've had included so far. I even enjoyed the comfort of the beds and they have privacy curtains which I think all hostels should have.

This is best hostel I have stayed in for my whole trip! I wound up for over a week! The staff remember your name and always have a smile on there face. The breakfast is amazing and there tours are good value for money! Every traveler that I met there was amazing! And Arequipa is wonderful! I add that you have to go if you want to party.

Good wifi and lockers. The location and staff were great. However, the showers were a bit cold and the bathrooms were a little dirty.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel and the member of staff who greeted us was FANTASTIC and very helpful! We also loved crawling onto the lovely thick mattresses and bed. Very nice. And a superb breakfast! On the down-side, the a Hostel of that size you really need more showers and toilets, and during our stay there over 3days we never once had hot running water! :-( Also there was only 4 plug sockets to be found!!! It's not enough for that many people.

• 18th Jul 2014

The staff are indeed very friendly. Breakfast was nice too. However I will agree with previous reviewers who said that these facilities are only average. There were only two toilets, which often backed up while I was there, and two showers, which we only so-so in cleanliness. One note: they do push their tours of the canyon quite heavily. I do think they provide pretty good value--they're a bit more expensive than competitors in town but the groups are much smaller.

• 16th Jul 2014

Hello thanks for your comment, but we do not understand why you say that there are only 2 bathrooms around the hostel ,on the first floor there are 3 bathrooms with 3 showers and the second floor where your room is located has 2 bathrooms and 2 showers as being closer is what did you use more,about our tours, we are direct operators to the canyon and we take care of our group very well with a good Service good guide, food, transportation, lodging, and very different than the other tours operator

Very good hostel

I felt right at home at friendly AQP. Everyone was chilled out, and it was nice that the hostel wasn't right on the plaza de armas. The kitchen was nice, and the tv room and patio were wonderful. My room was clean, wouldve liked more bathroom capacity.

Enjoyed staying here, breakfast was amazing (banana pancakes in particular) no complaints.

Really nice place to stay! Peoplw are really friendly and the breakfast is awesomeee!!!

• 14th Jul 2014

Loved the curtains around the beds, nice homely feeling to the place, not a party hostel.

Nice hostel, good breakfast and pool table etc is good.

After confirming our reservation via Hostel world and then again via phone two hours before arrival, our beds had been given away to other travellers. There wa a mix up and eventually they allowed us to stay on the couch for the night for free. Mix ups happen, but still ridiculous. Made up for it with the free night, banana pancakes, and a free cab ride the next day but only once the english speaking manager turned up. If they don't give away your room- fabulous place to stay.

Good wifi. Good breaky. Comfy beds. Good location. Awesome staff. Great value

Not a party hostel, but a great hostel to relax and meet nice people. Breakfast is great (pancake or scrambled eggs!).

Excellent facilities, great pancakes for breakfast, great nights sleep. We also booked the colca canyon tour through the hostel which I'd definitely recommend. Our guide, Angie, was probably the best guide we've had throughout our whole trip of South America. Very informative (a true plant expert) and incredibly friendly.

I'm here 10 days and it now feels like home. Great location, staff is VErY helpful and friendly and one of the best parts. Owner is always on premises it seems. Helpful. Six-bed dorm is way to go; curtains around each bed. Good breakfast. Sunny patio. Only downside is that there seems to be times you have to go to another toilet as there's no toilet paper, but they are on top of it. Great place to stay and also longer if you need to. Can also arrange tours and buy your bus tickets.

Friendly hostel,10 min walk to main plaza.Only 1 working shower during my stay. The colca canyon tours they offer are more expensive than other companies.But they pay their guides properly.Towels not included, wifi reliable,lockers outside the bed rooms, massive TV, kitchen, great breakfast but no tea/ coffee available after. Only negative was one night I had to ring the bell 8-9 times before being let in, staff were watching movies so loudly they couldn't hear the bell. Was a nice stay overall.

Nice place to stay, it is only 5 blocks away from the center. The only issue we had is that not all the showers were working at the moment, this was inconvenient. We liked the fact that it was ran by a Peruvian family.

Nice hostel with really friendly staff who speak good English :) good social and friendly atmosphere. Wifi works well and nice common room and outside areas, also has a kitchen but didn't use it. They also offer a better breakfast than just bread and jam - eggs and banana pancakes too, but unfortunately we missed out as had an early trip to colca canyon. Room was ok, and bathrooms ok too - 3 showers with hot water. 5 minutes from the plaza des armas

« first « Prev 1 2 3