Friendly Backpackers Hostel Reviews

No 09, Nguyen Huu Huan str, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam

Not a bad little hostel. Everything's very compact - the bathroom in particular. The wouldn't give me a room key because they said the room was open all the time which was a little odd. I'm sure they locked up at night though but not the best for safety. Good location. Staff actually super nice, I booked 3 nights but needed to leave after 2 and they didn't charge. Not the best for information & tours but friendly enough. I would stay again for the price but not the best for meeting people.

Hostel was perfectly adequate and very cheap - good value for money. I don't recall there being any lockers or a social area though (but I might be mistaken).

I stayed here for 3 nights in total with my friend. We had just arrived in this hectic city called Hanoi, but as soon as we stepped in to the hostel, there was a quiet and good atmosphere - not that we didn't like Hanoi, we loved it, but it was nice to be able to escape the chaos for sometime! The staff was beyond amazing!

• 6th May 2015
  • Denmark

“The location was alright. It was in the heart of the Old Quarter. There were restaurants near by.

• 20th Apr 2015

Great place in the old town center of Hanoi. The staff is great! They helped us a lot with buying SIM card, looking around the city and helped to book cheap tickets for bus. Thank you!

Pearl was the loveliest and most helpful manager we have ever met during our travels. She arranged trips and busses for us and was so helpful and reassuring when we wanted to make a complaint to the bus company. Friendly backpackers was pretty close to the main eating and drinking areas. Really comfortable beds, ensuite with hot showers and breakfast!!

I really enjoyed staying in this Hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I arrange all trips to Halong Bay and Sapa. Breakfast was brilliant and i think it was the best price for this kind of hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel to someone else.

• 12th Apr 2015

The hostel is not really clean, but it's worth the money. Location is near the Ha Noi's Old Quarter, but a bit far from the Lake.

The staff is very unorganised. It isn't very social either, but the bed is fine.