Friendly Backpackers Hostel Reviews

No 09, Nguyen Huu Huan str, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam

When we walked into the reception it smelt so damp and of smoke. The room was also very damp and smelt awful. The lockers didn't have keys. And worst of all there was a cock roach in the bathroom. This place was gross.

Unfrendly hostel receptionist guy. There are no any facilities where to wait after checking out, besides couple of chairs in the small lobby. I asked the guy if it's OK I check out later in the evening, he kept quiet.. But when I was leaving at around 7-8pm he started complaining and blaiming me a lot that I checked out so late, looked like he is going to fight. I don't understant why this kind of people work in hospitality.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Good location and very clean. But some lockers couldn't be locked and the shower room was quite small.

I booked a Female Dorm Room from Hostel World but was given a Mixed Dorm Room

I like my one night stay in Friendly Backpackers Hostel so much. It costs everything like you paid and the lady was super friendly. The breakfast is so-so but cannot complain about it as it is enough to have.

Cheap place to stay with really good breakfast.

Rooms are nice and clean, very small shower room. Breakfast is ok but there isn't a sociable area to meet with other backpackers. Staff are friendly enough and help to book you a tour. I did halong bay for 3 days which was amazing!

Good hostel, cheap price, good location (old town), breakfast includeed, room ok, bathroom&shower not really clean (also because one guy after shower made a mess). Anyway a good deal for that price!

We stayed in the Friendly Hostel upon arrival in Vietnam and when transiting through Hanoi after a week in the north and before a boat trip on Halong Bay. You can’t beat the location. It is right in the middle of the Old Quarter on a street with lots of tourist services. Several good restaurants are within a few hundred yards. The staff of the hostel is warm and welcoming . The prices are very reasonable. The rooms are clean wifi

• 22nd Nov 2013