Friendly Fun Franks Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Novembra Krastmala 29, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Staff are unbelievably fantastic! Everything about this hostel (apart from Room 17 showers) was excellent. Might have just been that room as the shared showers where fine! Activities they arranged were brilliant. Bobsleigh 10/10 Shooting 10/10 Pub crawl 10/10! Free beer on arrival. Frank the dog was a class touch! Couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

Perfect place to stay and perfect position to enjoy the city! Nice staff, always ready to help and suggest you. I have already recommended this hostel to my friends!

• 9th Oct 2014

Extreme security but was pretty fun. Wifi doesn't reach the far away bedrooms :(

We had a great time at the hostel, the staff were excellent and the free beer on arrival was amazing! ;)

• 25th Sep 2014

Super friendly staff, all the girls at the reception desk were really helpful in everything. Beautiful girls, good atmosphere, too bad I had to leave. I had a blast in Riga. Thank You.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Hostel was very quiet for the most part, with the bar only seeming to have a dozen people in it at most before groups left for a night out. The plus side of this was having a dorm room to myself for half my stay. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Showers could use somewhere better to hang clothes/towel

Just a 5 minute walk from the bus station. Don't get confused by the board in the front, the entrance is on the back street. 2 flights of stairs up and you are welcomed with a free beer. Instant brownie points. The hostel was quite empty on a sunday (guess the stag parties leave), so me and a friend got upgraded to a 4 bed dorm. Except for the fact that the common area never had too many people, good hostel to stay in if you want a peaceful night.

There was a free beer as a welcoming gift and it was quite well. The location is very very good, but the hostel need to improve its rooms. It was ok for a hostel, but far from being very good. Besides, the stairs were creepy, you almost have to climb it! Besides, it was almost empty when I was there. Then, no fun.

very clean place. well placed.

Friendly, attractive staff, and everything was pretty good. However, the smoking room leaks into the main common area so it smells like smoke, and the wifi is not the greatest (never was able to get my computer connected)

Stay here it's a good party.

We were well received, the free beer is a nice touch. Staff was helpful at times, but it depended a bit on the person. We had a 6-dorm room, the facilities were okay, but not great. Two beds were malfunctioning (broken off matrass support). The shower was leaking (short shower curtain) and water temperature sometimes took a while to get somewhat hot. Facilities were cleaned regularly. It was really warm inside so that didn't really invite to stay in the bar.

• 27th Aug 2014

Definitely one of my favorite hostels! So much fun! My shower was cold but besides that everything was perfect

In general, I'm very happy with this hostel, the only negative thing is that not every staffmember was always that friendly (there were exceptions, two of them were really nice and friendly all the time).

Everything a backpacker could dream for: helpful and friendly staff, spacious common area, close to downtown & tranport hub. I would definitely recommend the place.

Great hostel. Staff were super-friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicer than expected and I was worries about the noise of other guests, but had no issues. They helped organise airport transfers and a shooting trip, which saved a lot of time and they were still cheap. Bar was open 24/7, but relaxed rather than rowdy. Overall, my stay was a lot better than expected and I couldn't recommend it enough.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great hostel and very social. Close to the bus/train station and right in the city. Great view over the river as well.

This is a really great hostel. Cheap, great location, the staff will do anything for you. I can understand why it is has won so many awards! Only problem was too many arrogant British people, but it's the same everywhere!

Nice kitchen, good bar. Lockers that actually lock in the room would have been useful though.

I loved my stay at Frank's. I made many new friends there. The staff was helpful and kind with questions. The only hiccup I had while staying there is that I didn't realize you had to use the backdoor to get in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4