Friendly Fun Franks Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Novembra Krastmala 29, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

very clean place. well placed.

Friendly, attractive staff, and everything was pretty good. However, the smoking room leaks into the main common area so it smells like smoke, and the wifi is not the greatest (never was able to get my computer connected)

Stay here it's a good party.

We were well received, the free beer is a nice touch. Staff was helpful at times, but it depended a bit on the person. We had a 6-dorm room, the facilities were okay, but not great. Two beds were malfunctioning (broken off matrass support). The shower was leaking (short shower curtain) and water temperature sometimes took a while to get somewhat hot. Facilities were cleaned regularly. It was really warm inside so that didn't really invite to stay in the bar.

• 27th Aug 2014

Definitely one of my favorite hostels! So much fun! My shower was cold but besides that everything was perfect

In general, I'm very happy with this hostel, the only negative thing is that not every staffmember was always that friendly (there were exceptions, two of them were really nice and friendly all the time).

Everything a backpacker could dream for: helpful and friendly staff, spacious common area, close to downtown & tranport hub. I would definitely recommend the place.

Great hostel. Staff were super-friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicer than expected and I was worries about the noise of other guests, but had no issues. They helped organise airport transfers and a shooting trip, which saved a lot of time and they were still cheap. Bar was open 24/7, but relaxed rather than rowdy. Overall, my stay was a lot better than expected and I couldn't recommend it enough.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great hostel and very social. Close to the bus/train station and right in the city. Great view over the river as well.

This is a really great hostel. Cheap, great location, the staff will do anything for you. I can understand why it is has won so many awards! Only problem was too many arrogant British people, but it's the same everywhere!

Nice kitchen, good bar. Lockers that actually lock in the room would have been useful though.

I loved my stay at Frank's. I made many new friends there. The staff was helpful and kind with questions. The only hiccup I had while staying there is that I didn't realize you had to use the backdoor to get in.

Deaf people - You have to speak into loud speaker and look at security camera. Please also note that you have to use back entrance. Ignore the front door facing the river. You MUST email the staff in advance that you are deaf. And form an agreement of how they will let you in when you ring the doorbell.

The staff was so positive and friendly! However, it is a big-ish party hostel, so it felt a bit impersonal at times, and I found striking conversations rather hard., plus, I was upgraded in a 3-bed-dorm when I had booked a bigger one, so there were not so many chances to be social witth roomies. There was also a school group or such staying there. It is a good hostel tho and they arrange a lot of activities, cleanloness&free breakfast also nice.

Very clean and good location close to the bus station and center of old town. My biggest problem was the loud and rude Belgian stag party staying here - 26 drunk guys, yelling and slamming doors at all hours of the night/early morning. I like party hostels, but had I known this was the STAG party hostel of Riga, I would have booked somewhere else.

This is definitely a hostel that is equipped to serve a lot of people, the staff was superfriendly and you get a welcome beer. The room unfortunately was really tight (should've been a 4 instead of a 6 dorm), they offer a lot of activities, so I guess one could easily meet people, even though in their common area this is not happening, since it is very small (also the kitchen for breakfast was totally overcrowed). In general a lot of poeple, not a small and cozy hostel, but a good place to party

A perfect place near the city center. The staff was really nice to us, and it's easy to have fun with other travellers in this place !

the staff is helpful and friendly.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything is ok, lots of bathrooms and showers, big kitchen, bar, Internet only works in the front of the hostel, pretty close to everything

very kind staff, bit loud environment (near tram and train-bridge) nice stay and many opportunities

• 9th Aug 2014