Friendly Fun Franks Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Novembra Krastmala 29, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Friendly staff that was quick to help and fix for you if you hade any thoughts! The free beer on arrival made you feel welcome as well as the introduction of actives available.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Everyone was particularly helpful and nice. I would like to give particular thanks to our city tour guide Casperus and our lovely hostess Manta.

We really enjoyed our stay at friendly fun franks, loved the staff, very knowledgeable and helpful. We would definitely come back to stay and already recommended the hostel to other travelers :) Thank you friendly fun franks.

location perfect, cleanless ok, staff ok, welcome beer was pretty nice

The hostel's staff is very friendly and helps in any case. I enjoyed staying in this hostel.

Despite some apprehension given the name (lots of alliteration), this place was great. Super clean, helpful and cheerful staff, and not a bad bar either. Really impressed with how clean the place was all the time.

Great hostel in a good location. Close to some 'local' spots that are great for parrying. Easy to get back to the room after a long nite. Only bad thing is all the stairs....

• 13th Jun 2014

Amazing because I was with friends. Would have been a bit lonely had I been alone since most people I saw were also in groups. This might vary day to day; not sure.

I loved Frank the dog

You get a welcome beer for free! Common room, dorms, stuff, location - everything is very good. But one thing I want to emphasize: I don't know how often they check/clean the facilities, but they must do it very, very often, almost every time I have been there, the toilet paper was folded.

I came in a time where it was too quiet, there were many groups in the hostel and no other travellers. Otherwise, it would have been awesome because the bar is very nice. There were many toilets, but too few showers (not a problem now, but with more guests, probably). And the kitchen missed some cutting knifes (impossible to cut bread or meat), but was otherwise fully equipped. Security was great, beds were comfy, it was cheap, and much information in the common room about things to do.

Had a great time

• 22nd May 2014

Everything was OK, except a problem of water flow in the toilets (there was often no water in the showers...).

• 30th Apr 2014

We spend a weekend away in Riga, found the hostel to be excellent. The staff were really friendly and helpful, as soon as we arrived they offered us a free beer! The room and all the facilities were well maintain and very clean. We also did the free walking tour organised by hostel which was fantastic, it was great being taken around town by a local. Highly recommend this hostel.

A very nice place to stay. A fantastic layout inside equipt with a bar, sky sports playing on the tv and a free beer on arrival! Perfect location being right in the middle of the old town over looking the river. Hard to beat.

• 25th Apr 2014

5 minutes to hostel, very convenient, though spent some times to look for it (you can only see "Franks" outside the building, not the full name of the hostel). the room is big and very clean. And there is a big common room with a 24/7 BAR!!! awesome place to meet new people and drink and chat. The staffs are nice and helpful as well.

Watch put for stag parties. Great staff though

Paldies:)

The personal working in the hostel is amazing! Everyone is so kind and helpful! Great atmosphere!! The hostel is not necessarily the ideal place if you want to have a good rest, but if you want to have fun and meet people, go for it!

• 14th Apr 2014

The atmosphere in general was very nice, perfect location and attention. The private toilet was so old and quite dirty, the room smell strange I'll improve these points and it will be a perfect site to stay in Riga.

• 14th Apr 2014