Friendly Fun Franks Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Novembra Krastmala 29, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

We didn't stay at Frank's hostel as it had no heating so we were moved to Doma Hostel which was in the old town. Conveniently located right in the thick of it. Our room was in reception so the amount of light coming into our room was rudiculous. There was also a draft coming through the window which wasn't great considering it was really cold outside! We could hear voices in reception. Bed were comfortable and clean. Gutted we weren't able to stay at Frank's but this hostel wasn't too bad.

Please note we did not stay at nor see Franks fun time hostel. We arrived to be told the heating had broke so had been moved to the Doma hostel. Unfortunately this place was very basic with no communal areas. Whilst the staff from Frank's we're helpful and gave us some complimentary drinks we would of preferred a more sociable experience we were hoping to get at Franks. If you go here dont be afraid to venture away from the beaten track!!

Franks had to relocate us because they had heating issues so cant really comment on the hostel but I need to rate to leave this comment. They gave us advance notice and offered a couple of beers each on the first night. The hosts were excellent - special mention to Baiba for arranging cabs /a bar crawl / booking tables for food /Bobsleigh. Thoroughly enjoyable trip and I'm looking forward to going back with a different group for a stag do!

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We were very happy with our stay. The hostel is in a great location, the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. The bar was an added bonus! Our room was of a decent size. We'd highly recommend this hostel and wouldn't stay anywhere else if we were to return to Riga. Thank you!

I really enjoyed my stay in the Friendly Fun Franks hostel! Check-in was fast, I had a free welcome drink, rooms are clean and cosy with a nice view on the river. Receptionists (especially Baiba, thanks a lot for your help and warmth) were nice, friendly and always helpful! The location is excellent - one minute to the all the sights of Old Riga. I would definitely advise to stay in this hostel!

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Russia

Very kind, But a liitle cold.

I rather enjoyed my stay at Franks! Upon arrival I was greeted with smiles, beer, and a map of the old town, with a few things circled that the receptionist recommended. My only problem with the hostel was that there was no hot water in the showers, or at least I couldn't figure out how to make the water warm, and it was ice cold. Everything else was great, the bed was comfortable enough, there was a full kitchen, no lock-out or curfew, and I generally enjoyed being at the hostel.

No hot showers anywhere.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • India

My biggest complaint is that the room (10 bed dorm ) was tiny and noisy being on a main road.also the entire hostel was very noisy and the party noise reached the room. The bathrooms were also tiny!the kitchen on the other way was big and we'll equipped. But the competition offers a better sleep quality and value for money and i wouldn't stay here again

Solid hostel, Great trip, let's go there again.

• 30th Dec 2014

Europe famous Hostels is The way to go, they really take security seriously.

Amazing place with great location and friendly staff! At night and in shower room was cold, that s only one minus. But staff offered extra-blanket.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Belarus

realy friendly and nice gils on riception. -To much red color in interior. -i gas sotical room need to be renew.

This hostel made my Riga stay from great to amazing! Lots of things to do as a group, super clean, nice breakfast, new facilities, and secure! When I come back I will stay there again! The staff was super nice!

Loved our stay at the Hostel. Baiba was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Would definitely recommend to everyone. Also, the hostel was very good with providing important information and advice.

• 5th Dec 2014

We had a great weekend in Riga! Thanks to the amazing Staff there! Next time again!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Austria

The great plase to stay in Riga!

Really nice hostel, well-located, comfy.. A really good pick in Riga!

I would definitly recommend Friendly Fun Franks to YOUNG people. No luxury, but we didn't needed that. The staff is good looking, speeks good English, they are very friendly and they are flexible.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, and also helped me out with any questions I had. The room was warm and comfy, shower facilities adequate and clean, and the large lounge area always had room to sit. The WiFI was a bit rubbish for most of my staff, by there's plenty of computers to use if needed. I slept past breakfast each day, but nice to know that it was on offer.