Friendly Fun Franks Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Novembra Krastmala 29, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Very clean and good location close to the bus station and center of old town. My biggest problem was the loud and rude Belgian stag party staying here - 26 drunk guys, yelling and slamming doors at all hours of the night/early morning. I like party hostels, but had I known this was the STAG party hostel of Riga, I would have booked somewhere else.

This is definitely a hostel that is equipped to serve a lot of people, the staff was superfriendly and you get a welcome beer. The room unfortunately was really tight (should've been a 4 instead of a 6 dorm), they offer a lot of activities, so I guess one could easily meet people, even though in their common area this is not happening, since it is very small (also the kitchen for breakfast was totally overcrowed). In general a lot of poeple, not a small and cozy hostel, but a good place to party

Everything is ok, lots of bathrooms and showers, big kitchen, bar, Internet only works in the front of the hostel, pretty close to everything

very kind staff, bit loud environment (near tram and train-bridge) nice stay and many opportunities

• 9th Aug 2014

Cleaning the bathrooms every hour: excellent!!

I felt home after the minute i arrived thanks to the welcome drink :-D The bed, kitchen and bathrooms were al good. The free walking tours are great to meet a local and to see the tour. In the common room and the amazing pub tour you have the great moment to meet new friend and people. I could not wish for a better stay in this hostel as an individual traveller. Thanks again to the hostel and the great staff for making this possible! Hope to back someday again.

They call expensive taxis if you ask them... Prefer to call taxis on the street or with the help of locals

Really good! I recomend!

I had an excellent sejour in this hostel, met a lot of people and slept well. Special thanks to the staff Silvija, Elina, Monta and Undine, thanks for all ladies !!

Great staff, great bar tour.. Know all the hide outs and things to do. A free beer on arrival what not to love..!

I really had a good time here,I loved the welcoming beer, the staff,Manta,Silvia and Elena were always helpful and nice, ofcourse I stayed longer than I planned :) Keep on!

Great for those seeking fun or good night's sleep. The reception is excellent, when we offered drinks or water .... typical drink! Very nice!

there are lockers in the rooms but are not allowed to use because they might be noisy for the other dormitory guests??? And in summer the rooms under the roof are so hot that it is not possible to sleep. everything else is ok, but next time I will choose again a smaller hostel.

Getting a free beer arrival was the only good thing about Frank's. Not that it was directly bad but the atmosphere was really not what we had hoped for. Moved to another of the popular hostels and had a much better time.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Perfect hostel with very helpful staff, a great bar and perfect cleanliness!!

I wasn't really up for partying during my stay, so I found that I was more or less ignored by guests and staff. It's noisy all night, with people stumbling in drunk at every hour, smelling of beer. I stayed in a very cramped six bed dorm, which had no lockers... Probably great if you're into partying, otherwise, absolutely not.

when you are looking for a cool, young party-hostel with an awesome pub crawl; this is the right place! But when your out on a comfortable and calm hostel, you might be better with another one...

Breakfast seems to be not enjoyable. Cleanliness doutbful.

It took over an hour just check in - the staff actually forgot us after they showed us to the bar. The boards which holds the madrasses in the rooms, popped out when we sat in the bed (my weight is 77 kg) i get that doorms are fun, and are great for meeting new people, but with that said i do prefer a shower that you can lock up. the staff showed little interest in us except for the moment when we wanted to check out earlier than expected because of the disappointment.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Friendly staff that was quick to help and fix for you if you hade any thoughts! The free beer on arrival made you feel welcome as well as the introduction of actives available.

• 7th Jul 2014