Friendly Fun Franks Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Novembra Krastmala 29, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

I loved my stay at Frank's. I made many new friends there. The staff was helpful and kind with questions. The only hiccup I had while staying there is that I didn't realize you had to use the backdoor to get in.

Deaf people - You have to speak into loud speaker and look at security camera. Please also note that you have to use back entrance. Ignore the front door facing the river. You MUST email the staff in advance that you are deaf. And form an agreement of how they will let you in when you ring the doorbell.

The staff was so positive and friendly! However, it is a big-ish party hostel, so it felt a bit impersonal at times, and I found striking conversations rather hard., plus, I was upgraded in a 3-bed-dorm when I had booked a bigger one, so there were not so many chances to be social witth roomies. There was also a school group or such staying there. It is a good hostel tho and they arrange a lot of activities, cleanloness&free breakfast also nice.

Very clean and good location close to the bus station and center of old town. My biggest problem was the loud and rude Belgian stag party staying here - 26 drunk guys, yelling and slamming doors at all hours of the night/early morning. I like party hostels, but had I known this was the STAG party hostel of Riga, I would have booked somewhere else.

This is definitely a hostel that is equipped to serve a lot of people, the staff was superfriendly and you get a welcome beer. The room unfortunately was really tight (should've been a 4 instead of a 6 dorm), they offer a lot of activities, so I guess one could easily meet people, even though in their common area this is not happening, since it is very small (also the kitchen for breakfast was totally overcrowed). In general a lot of poeple, not a small and cozy hostel, but a good place to party

A perfect place near the city center. The staff was really nice to us, and it's easy to have fun with other travellers in this place !

the staff is helpful and friendly.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything is ok, lots of bathrooms and showers, big kitchen, bar, Internet only works in the front of the hostel, pretty close to everything

very kind staff, bit loud environment (near tram and train-bridge) nice stay and many opportunities

• 9th Aug 2014

The staff was very friendly (except on my last day). No lock on the bathroom door. Individual lights would be nice in the bedrooms. The hostel was loud at night so if you're looking for a place to rest it's not for you. Cleanliness is OK, could be better in the toilets, though. I met some really nice people also travelling alone but overall I was a bit disappointed in the atmosphere as people travelling in group did not really mix up with others.

• 8th Aug 2014

Cleaning the bathrooms every hour: excellent!!

I felt home after the minute i arrived thanks to the welcome drink :-D The bed, kitchen and bathrooms were al good. The free walking tours are great to meet a local and to see the tour. In the common room and the amazing pub tour you have the great moment to meet new friend and people. I could not wish for a better stay in this hostel as an individual traveller. Thanks again to the hostel and the great staff for making this possible! Hope to back someday again.

They call expensive taxis if you ask them... Prefer to call taxis on the street or with the help of locals

Really good! I recomend!

I had an excellent sejour in this hostel, met a lot of people and slept well. Special thanks to the staff Silvija, Elina, Monta and Undine, thanks for all ladies !!

Great staff, great bar tour.. Know all the hide outs and things to do. A free beer on arrival what not to love..!

I really had a good time here,I loved the welcoming beer, the staff,Manta,Silvia and Elena were always helpful and nice, ofcourse I stayed longer than I planned :) Keep on!

Great for those seeking fun or good night's sleep. The reception is excellent, when we offered drinks or water .... typical drink! Very nice!

there are lockers in the rooms but are not allowed to use because they might be noisy for the other dormitory guests??? And in summer the rooms under the roof are so hot that it is not possible to sleep. everything else is ok, but next time I will choose again a smaller hostel.

Getting a free beer arrival was the only good thing about Frank's. Not that it was directly bad but the atmosphere was really not what we had hoped for. Moved to another of the popular hostels and had a much better time.

• 25th Jul 2014