Friendly Fun Franks Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Novembra Krastmala 29, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Great staff, great bar tour.. Know all the hide outs and things to do. A free beer on arrival what not to love..!

I really had a good time here,I loved the welcoming beer, the staff,Manta,Silvia and Elena were always helpful and nice, ofcourse I stayed longer than I planned :) Keep on!

Great for those seeking fun or good night's sleep. The reception is excellent, when we offered drinks or water .... typical drink! Very nice!

there are lockers in the rooms but are not allowed to use because they might be noisy for the other dormitory guests??? And in summer the rooms under the roof are so hot that it is not possible to sleep. everything else is ok, but next time I will choose again a smaller hostel.

Getting a free beer arrival was the only good thing about Frank's. Not that it was directly bad but the atmosphere was really not what we had hoped for. Moved to another of the popular hostels and had a much better time.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Perfect hostel with very helpful staff, a great bar and perfect cleanliness!!

I wasn't really up for partying during my stay, so I found that I was more or less ignored by guests and staff. It's noisy all night, with people stumbling in drunk at every hour, smelling of beer. I stayed in a very cramped six bed dorm, which had no lockers... Probably great if you're into partying, otherwise, absolutely not.

when you are looking for a cool, young party-hostel with an awesome pub crawl; this is the right place! But when your out on a comfortable and calm hostel, you might be better with another one...

Breakfast seems to be not enjoyable. Cleanliness doutbful.

It took over an hour just check in - the staff actually forgot us after they showed us to the bar. The boards which holds the madrasses in the rooms, popped out when we sat in the bed (my weight is 77 kg) i get that doorms are fun, and are great for meeting new people, but with that said i do prefer a shower that you can lock up. the staff showed little interest in us except for the moment when we wanted to check out earlier than expected because of the disappointment.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Friendly staff that was quick to help and fix for you if you hade any thoughts! The free beer on arrival made you feel welcome as well as the introduction of actives available.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Everyone was particularly helpful and nice. I would like to give particular thanks to our city tour guide Casperus and our lovely hostess Manta.

We really enjoyed our stay at friendly fun franks, loved the staff, very knowledgeable and helpful. We would definitely come back to stay and already recommended the hostel to other travelers :) Thank you friendly fun franks.

Friendly by name, friendly by nature. Lovely staff, a fun atmosphere and trying to include everyone. On the edge of old town and near the river. Plenty of things to do and information about culture and nightlife. Frank was very generous. Go to his bars too.

You have a nice located hostel, with very good staffs. It realy made my stay very enjoyable!

good location and good staff. What else?

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

location perfect, cleanless ok, staff ok, welcome beer was pretty nice

The hostel's staff is very friendly and helps in any case. I enjoyed staying in this hostel.

Despite some apprehension given the name (lots of alliteration), this place was great. Super clean, helpful and cheerful staff, and not a bad bar either. Really impressed with how clean the place was all the time.

Great hostel in a good location. Close to some 'local' spots that are great for parrying. Easy to get back to the room after a long nite. Only bad thing is all the stairs....

• 13th Jun 2014