Directions to Friends Hostel Bucharest
Map & Directions
Our address is: Str. Mircea Vulcanescu (former Stefan Furtuna) nr. 114, Sector 1, Bucharest.
From the Train Station (Gara de Nord Station), 5-7 minutes walking:
- As soon as you leave the train, head towards the end of the train tracks, and where the rail tracks end just keep going on the same directions along the central hallway. You will arrive in front of the main exit/entrance of Gara de Nord: turn right under the tall columns and go ahead, along the Witing Street. At the end, you have to turn left on Plevnei St. and then left again on Mircea Vulcanescu (former Stefan Furtuna St). The hostel is the first house on the left. The whole walk will be 5-7 minutes and it makes no sense to take a cab or any public transportation.
From the Otopeni (Henry Coanda) Airport:
1. By bus - there is the express bus 780 (2 trips ticket = 7RON), it is leaving every 15 minutes during week days and every 30 minutes during week-ends, from around 5.00 a.m. up to 11:00 p.m. You should leave the buss at the Gara de Nord Station (this is the main Train Station in Bucharest). From there you have to walk to the hostel as described above in the section �By train�.
2. By Taxi - Make sure that the taxi-driver is using the meter and that the price is 1.39 lei/km (should be written on the door of the taxi). There is a small office in the airport where you can order a taxi for the regular prices. In this case they will use the meter and the total cost to our hostel should be around 30RON (RON & lei are the same thing).
Taxi 2000 Company: 0040219494 with 1.39RON/km.
Close to the hostel, there are the stations of various public transportation vehicles:
- busses 123, 133 � get off to Station Mircea Vulcanescu or Plevnei
- trolley-busses: 62, 71, 85, 93, 96 � get off to Station Mircea Vulcanescu or Plevnei (depending on the direction you are coming from).
- Metro Stations: Eroilor or Gara de Nord (see the map for directions to the hostel).
Have a good trip and see you soon!