Friends Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Mircea Vulcanescu 114 (former Stefan Furtuna St.), Bucharest, Romania

Top hostel! clean, comfy beds, large kitchen, nice lounge and fantastic staff who are more than willing to ensure you get to see the real Bucharest. The hostel is an easy walk from the train station with the directions spot on. Also given the more interesting things to see in Bucharest are spread around the city I found the hostel conveniently located as everything was within a 5-20min walk. Its also located close to the student city so lots of cheap restaurants, bars, clubs and no tourist!

Very good place for some days in Bucharest.

Very friendly staff, good location, cleanliness was OK. It is 15 min by foot to the centre of the old town - good in order to avoid taking taxis in Bucharest.

This hostel is a great place to stay when you are in Bucharest. It is located 20 walking mins from Old town or the Parliament. The stuff is really friendly and helpful. You have a nice kitchen which you can use.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

Realy friendly staff, only comment was that it was a bit further away from the town than id hoped. Not a huge issue though as taxis are cheap

Enjoyed my stay there. In a quiet quarter of Bucharest so got some good sleep. Staff were great and met some awesome ppl there. I would recommend it!

Thanks everyone!

If you like creepy old men or are a creepy old man, stay here! They are everywhere, I felt extremely uncomfortable with it, one of them even yelled at me for shutting a door I thought someone had left open by mistske, they're psychos and it's the worst atmosphere out of any hostel I've ever been, 0/10 do not recommend

I only stayed one night, but the staff was very helpful, the place is very close to the railway station, the bathroom was clean and the wireless was excellent, so I would recommend it to everyone.

This hostel was OK, not good or bad just OK. It is safe and secure if that is important to you.

good facilities. we got to the hostel at 6AM after a night train and even tough we had to wait a bit for the reception guy to wake up and open the door our room was free and we were able to get in straight away which was good. >Location ins't great as it's quite a long way walking from the center but taxis are cheap if they don't try to trick you.

It was one of the best stays of our trip. Staff was completely friendly and helpful all the time. Facilities were useful. A great atmosphere. In addition, there was a guitar which we played and spent some time.

This hostel is perfectly located if you are in transit or spending little time in Bucharest, it's very close to the train station and has a good number of shops in the vicinity. If you plan on spending more time in the city though it is a bit far removed from the nightlife and main sightseeing spots.

It was not possible to lock the door of the room, and although it was possible to use the lockers, security feeling was not very high.

Staff and atmosphere where brilliant. Good facilities, very good wifi and even had access to a computer and projector so we could watch our own films.

Walking distance from the train station, friendly staff, but the rooms are small, couldnt find a place to put my bag as the floor was covered by other travellers' stuff. On foot, it is at 45-50 minute distance from the old town . The kitchen and the common room were in the basement, which wasnt convenient and cosy

Lovely Hostel, located 2 mins walk from the Military museum, which happens to be exceptional even if your not particularly interested in war related material.The hostel itself is a great place to chill, situated in a calming historical environment, it boasts clean, well kept bathrooms and dorms, along with a great lounge & kitchen, perfect for socialising.The facilities are good & the staff themselves are friendly and charming, willing to help wherever they can.I do indeed recommend this place!

Great staff, good facilities, good value.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Israel

Amazing hostel really enjoyed my stay here. The owner has a real passion for the city which is fantastic to see and told me all the hot sights to see. Which none of were disappointing. In a good location with a beautiful scenic walk along the river to the city center. really recommend this palace to stay!

Very friendly staff, nice and clear facilities. Spacious kitchen and great showers. Walking distance from the "Gare du Nord" train station.

• 19th Aug 2014