Friends Hostel Budapest Reviews

4 Terez Krt., 6th district, Budapest, Hungary

Very good location and clean

• 17th May 2015
  • China

I had an amazing stay in Friends hostel. The facilities are well provided! Oh..the staff is so helpful and friendly! I absolutely love that hostel!

Great place. My only qualm would be that it's definitely not soundproof. This isn't too much of a problem as it's not a party hostel and most guests are respectful, but the last night I was there there were quite loud guests (chattering and almost shouting at 11 p.m.) and a baby crying. Who brings a baby to a hostel?!

Amazing staff! Amazing place. I would definitely come back to this hostel. Met awesome people as well. Thanks Gergely for the superb hospitality. Greetings from Panama.

Me and my boyfriend had our own apartment. When we arrived the staff was really nice and showed us everything we needed. We also used the free laundry since we stayed for 5 nights and that was good. Unfortunately we had to change the apartment after one night to another one. Both apartments were really nice though and we dont have anything to complain about.

Jack the Manager is a nice person although one of his assistants is rude with guests and doesn't speak English through understandable level. Everything is 'excellent' but atmosphere is just 'good' like the rest of cheap acommodation in Hungary since it's not cheerful as well as in other countries; perhaps this place should be called 'Friendly Guesthouse' instead of 'friends hostel' because it's too small so you cannot make friends with other guests easily, tight common areas make it complicated.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hostel! When we arrived, we were happily greeted by one of the owners, who consistently over our 6 days, was friendly & always put forth the effort to take time out of his day & ask how our day has been, what sights we saw, etc. The kitchen had everything one could need for a longer stay, the location was perfect (near a metro stop & also near a tram stop that runs 24 hours a day!) & the dorm we stayed in was huge! Will stay there again, for sure!