Friends Hostel Budapest Reviews

4 Terez Krt., 6th district, Budapest, Hungary

Awesome place, staff are very accomodating!

This hostel was okay. The location wasn't great, being as it wasn't located in the nicest part of town. It was also about a mile from the train station, and still another mile (in the other direction) from the River. So no matter where you wanted to go, you had a long walk ahead of you. The hostel itself was nice. We were in a ten bed room, but it was large and spacious, and even had couches to hang out and relax. The kitchen was also a good size, with a table, oven, stove, and refrigerator.

Great location close to the metros and within walking distance from touristy area. I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm. The room was big and nice and clean. There was a kitchen for our use and 2 bathrooms. The kitchen and bathrooms were clean. I saw the staff cleaning them every day. There are hairdryers to use. The best part was the staff. They are very nice and extremely accommodating! This is not a party hostel, not the best atmosphere for meeting people if you're a solo traveler (like me).

We had an amazing stay in Friends Hostel Budapest. Everything was very clean, the room was really big and the beds were super comfortable. The hostel was very quiet, which gave us the perfect opportunity to have a rest. I would recommend this hostel to my friends anytime!

This hostel was great. Clean, new furniture, great kitchen. Location is very convenient as well for public transit and for walking around he city. My only issue what that the 8 bed dorm I had paid for/checked in to had turned into an 11 bed dorm by the end of my stay..

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! In the middle of the center of Budapest , you can reach everything by walking. Rooms are awesome , they make you feel a bit of luxury for a very good price! Staff is friendly and we enjoyed our stay very much.definitely not our last time in friends hostel!

I just have good things to say about this hostel. The staff was really friendly , everything was clean and organized. The only advice that I would like to give to the hostel is to put some note indicating its apartment on the entrance door.

Such a great hostel, female dorm with AC. Clean and well organised. Central location. I met really n ice people in the room!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

Very good hostel, 2 minutes away from metro. Clean and tidy. It's located in a good area, with many restaurants. It's within walking distance to the main tourist spots. The only bad thing is that lockers are small and unsafe.

Small hostel, quiet and very clean. Good location.

Showers are a bit awkward and it is so hot in the rooms but overall the place was excellent and I'd recommend it!

Everything amazing, lovely place and very comfortable. Bathroom could've been a bit cleaner but was still very nice. Felt more like a home than a hostel. Air con though shouldn't be turned off at night. But loved our stay would definitely recommend!!

Warm welcome by the girl in reception, really made us feel at home. However the guy was always in a bad mood and was very rude to us. Hostel was lovely bar the guy. Room, toilets and showers were spotless. Fridge contained drinks and there was food available to buy for small price. Slates in bed kept braking also.

Good hostel very clean with great facilities. Not a lot of atmosphere though and not a great place to meet people. Staff were very friendly and helpful and location was good too. Nice and quiet as well, apart from traffic noise.

Great location and very easy to find from the station. Hostel was spotless, massive room swith large shared bathrooms. Nice kitchen and dining area for those travelling and wanting to save some money. Nice and sociable atmosphere as well which was lovely :)

If I could rate the staff as EXCEPTIONAL, I would. Christina - you were a refreshing hostel experience. Seriously, she went above and beyond to tell us about Budapest, places to go, places to avoid, AND she was always working her butt off cleaning and working. The hostel itself was great - our room was like a converted apartment, with beautiful high ceilings, a balcony, and air conditioning. Generous amount of outlets, good WiFi, what more could you ask of a place to lay your head? STAY HERE.

The staff was the best part of the house. Thank you !

Lovely hostel and a great location, we were there for 3 days and didn't pay a penny for travel having done all the touristy stuff and more, we were never more than a half an hour walk from the hostel. Staff are great too - Kristina gave us a very warm (if a little mad!) welcome. Would stay again for sure.

It was in an excellent location, within walking distance of most everything. It as very clean with an amazing staff.

The hostal is pretty good ! Good wifi, and clean, It is really quite so you can get a good rest after all day walking ! I didn't like the manager (Jack ) attitude, as a manager, he has to hear to the traveller, not saying "I donk like when people complain about my hostel" he wasn't friendly at all . But besides that it was good the hostal.