Friends Hostel Budapest Reviews

4 Terez Krt., 6th district, Budapest, Hungary

I went with a friend for a weekend trip. The location of the hostel is in a safe area, very close to pubs and bars. Walking distance to the river. The hostel was cozy, safe and nice. It's not a party hostel, it is something quiet.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Greece

The Friend hostel has an excellent location in the heart of Budapest. The metro station, bus station and the tram station are really close and you can reach them within 1-2 minutes. The rooms are well equipped and clean. The hostel deserve its name, because the staff was very friendly and helpful. We spend nice 5 days there.

great hostel, helpful staff, clean bathrooms, central location, nice decoration.

Great hostel, exactly what I would expect, feels very comfortable and receptionist always remembered my name which was nice and made me feel welcomed. Thank you for pleasant stay!

Excellent location and walking distance to metro station. The hostel provided clear direction in getting from the airport to the hostel. I love the really clean Room & toilets.However, a little noisy (noises from passing trains) and the kitchen is too tiny for comfortable cooking, so we decided not to do any cooking. Despite the noise, I have a pleasant stay.

It is almost impossible to find because it is not signed and half an hour walk from the station. I was impressed with the facilities and the cleanliness. The rooms are enormous, the kitchen is super clean and the bathrooms are beautiful. However, the owner of the property is very rude and intimidating. One day I returned in the middle of the day to find he had been through my bag and private belongings and repacked it, and then moved it all into a cupboard so he could "clean".Simply inexcusable

I loved this hostel! It was like an apartment turned into a hostel so had a very welcoming feeling. The staff was so friendly and spent time recommending things to do out of love for their city. The hostel was about a 15-20 minute walk to most attractions, but the atmosphere, cleanliness, and security in the hostel was well worth the walk. The bathrooms were so nice, for sure the best bathrooms you can find in a hostel!

Anyone who says anything negative about this hostel is crazy. Amazing dorm room with a balcony. Super clean kitchen and bathrooms. Loved Jack. I recommend staying here very much.

Super price, good location, near the metro station, tram, clean room, big and bequem, everything is perfect. i will go again.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

We stayed not at hostel it was a home .we had kitchen bath separated bedroom. and noone annoyed us . really if u wanna relaxing place to stay i would strongly recommend this hostel.btw we stayed deluxe room.and staff helped whenever we need .location settles in the city center so close to oktogon metro station... thanks friend hostel

Lovely hostel, Definately worth value for money. Excellent location, bathrooms very clean, room was spacious. They did add an extra mattress in the floor in our room, and the bunk beds said 'unsuitable for children over 14years' which was a bit worrying, but I was perfectly safe in the top bunk. Thin mattresses though.

What a great time in Budapest. This hostel was great! I highly recommend it to others and have already done so.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hot water ran out twice during our stay there. Very loud noises at night, making it hard to sleep. Management is not really approachable, or at least I did not feel so.

The female receptionist is new but amazing. She is friendly and extremely helpful!

The hostel itself was very clean, staff were friendly. Value for money. Add in breakfast and it would have been a great stay. Only small issue we found out towels were provided but never got them even when we asked staff for them.

In my travels in europe so far the most beautiful accomodation in the new hostel apartment, beautiful balcony overlooking georgious budapest architecture from old times. strongly recommended.

Great place, staff really went beyond their duties by sending me by post some items I had forgotten. Highly recommended.

• 22nd Jun 2014

I stayed in the female dorm in the other apartment. The room is very big and has two big sofas. I enjoyed the clean bedroom, bathroom and kithchen. Almost everything is neat and clean. The location is awesome which is close to metro line one. 3 mins walk. However, it's not a hostel that have 'party' atmosphere. But I prefer a quieter place to stay so I like it.

• 22nd Jun 2014