9.2
Superb 633 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 633 Total Reviews
Friends Hostel & Apartments Located at 4 Terez Krt., 6th district, Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest Budapest 1066 4 Terez Krt., 6th district
92% 633
47.5040839 19.0641331
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 18-24
11th Sep 2016

Great location; 10-15 walk to chain bridge, 20min walk to Hero Square, Széchwnyi Baths etc. We had a deluxe double with ensuite; really satisfied with the facilities and comfort. Staff were always willing to help. Had the best time in Budapest.

4th Sep 2016

Friends is a great place to stay, particularly the female dorm, if you want to explore Budapest easily with new friends. Jack, the manager, is quite dry but obviously cares a lot about this place. Christa at reception will become your new best friend and show you how to enjoy the nightlife! She's lovely. The place is clean and the cooking facilities are expansive for the price. I'd give a 10/10, but as a solo female there were times I felt unsafe walking back to the hostel alone. Great place.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
25th Aug 2016

This is a fantastic hostel. Fairly quiet, but in a great location and staff. Great value.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
25th Aug 2016

Bit of a mix up with the room but ended up with an upgrade to a small apartment which was amazing! Double bed, kitchen, bathroom and washing machine. Nice staff and great location. Would recommend it if you are looking for some privacy. NOTE save the location in your phone as directions are not very clear!

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Aug 2016

Excellent hostel. Modern, clean and well kept facilities. Including stylish kitchen & bathrooms. I felt very at home. Felt secure and safe - although no lockers in our room. The best hostel I have stayed in and also good value for money. Excellent location in heart of city - although draw back to this was that it could be a little loud with windows open - so ear plugs are advisable. The staff were welcoming and friendly. They organised a taxi for us on our last day and gave us lots of advice.

• Kiarate
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016

I was a bit surprised by this hostel in Budapest-- it had a bit of an antiseptic feel to it from the staff, not really like you were staying at a friend's and very different from the welcoming atmosphere I had at other Budapest hostels in the past. This hostel is good if you're looking for a hostel that is low key, will let you do your own thing, and is removed from your experience if you are self directed. It does not have atmosphere and add to the experience

• England, Couple, 25-30
12th Aug 2016
6.9

Good location. We stayed in a private room which was seperate to the actual hostel, room was spacious (had to ask for more pillows as only one very small and uncomfortable pillow provided each. Room was on an inner courtyard so very noisy with people coming back from nights out. Heavy doors which slam quite loudly. Only 2 bathrooms which we did have to wait for on a number of occasions (perhaps the hostel was more busy as we were there for sziget festival). Bathrooms need updating desperately!

• England, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2016
5.4

This hostel was not as I hoped. When I arrived, I was told I would not be staying at the property but at a flat down the road. This meant I had no access to the security a reception desk provides or the help and assistance. The room itself was fine, but was away from the main road which I had selected the hostel for. To improve the service, this needs to be made much clearer jn the description because I was shocked when I arrived.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016

Of all the hostels I stayed at during my trip, this for me was the best hostel! The staff are all so lovely and helpful and the room was very comfortable. Would very much recommend this hostel!

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
31st Jul 2016

The Friends Hostel is definitely somewhere that stands out for me in regards to accomodation I've used over the years. It's modern, clean, great facilities, great staff, beautiful building and street. For us Kriszta really made our stay the best it could be. She is probably one of the nicest people I have come across and wonderful at her job. She's welcoming, kind, chatty friendly, funny and nothing is too much to ask from her! Had an amazing stay and would definitely recommend and return! :)