Friends Paying Guest House Reviews

p-6 taj nagari phase 1, Agra, India

The guest house is conveniently located for Taj Mahal, short walk to the East Gate. Good communal area to meet other travellers. Family are helpful but beware of offer to take you to market ... You will inevitably end up in a carpet shop being given the hard sell. Family is helpful and friendly but solo female travellers will have to contend with the usual unwanted advances from Indian men !! Expect the usual Indian plumbing problems, my room had only bucket and jug. Food is overpriced.

• 8th Apr 2014

Thank you Ms. Clark , For your Kind Information we make Everything fresh food here and we use good quality Spices our food is Reasonable . This is our Family Guest House So please Don't think its is unsafe for Solo Females . some Solo travelers girls have bad experience about India . They always afraid with Indian Men's but please Do not Compare us with other people .

LOVED this place! The manager was really warm and friendly and made an effort to make us feel at home. Great common area/restaurant to chill out (with a lovely special lassi) and of course, very close to the Taj mahal. Food was lovely and wished I could have stayed more than 1 night! Highly recommended!

Name says it all...'friends paying'. We got annoyed by the staffs 'useful information and friendly tips' ie careful of the fake marble by the taj mahal, buy my friends instead hahah. Shower did not work in room, only one communal one upstairs but we booked a room with bathroom. Food in the restaurant is absolutely terrible and very expensive, even before they add a friendly 15% 'tax'. Staff should concentrate on providing a decent guest house not trying to be friend and sell you stuff.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Sorry for Misunderstanding ? We never try to sell stuffs to the Guest ( its not our job ) but We always Explaintto People about Faked Shops and Commissions Mafia near by the Taj Mahal . Its is our Responsibility to explain you , If you think this Explanation is not fair So , I am Sorry . Food Cooks by My Mother which is Best Food in Agra . Some people prefare Street Food they Compare Home Food with Street Food .

The staff people act as Your close friends but from the first sight You can notice sth false, insincere in their attitude - I don't like it. There was no hot water in my room (though they told me: 'let me know 15 min earlier if You want to use hot water') and they wanted me to 'upgrade' my room standard to the room with a shower, telling that my room does not have it (but actually it had!). It was not very bad (esp other guests were nice) but there are definitely some better places in that city.

The Star was ok but the Roms were very cold and full of mault. In General the athmosphere was not too nice,as one was rarely left alone.

Hotel is not in good condition. Room are dark (no window) and very cold. Staff (family) are all liars. Avoid this place - even if it is cheap.

Only good comments for this place. Every member of this little family business is amazing. My friend had to go to the hospital and they helped a lot! Walking distance from the Taj Mahal in a quiet area so you can sleep well. Very clean with hot shower. They have a little lounge with sofas and the mother of the family cooks excellent meals in her small kitchen. It felt good to relax there with a cold beer after a long day of walking around in the city. I definitely recommend this place!

Some of the staffs are rude, ignorant and offer no help at all (or maybe that's how the general Indians behave). Condition of the bathroom is awful but i guess that's what you get for the price. The location is fine if the main purpose is to get to Taj Mahal by walking, otherwise nothing much is around.

Dear guest , Thank you for your feedback . This is our family home Stay , In our family all work in this place . We are not IGNORANT may be misunderstanding we always here for helping to our guest , Please don't hesitate feel free in our home . if you have any problem just tell us . Rooms According to price . We have all kinds of Rooms .

Had a problem to take a shower. Water ended because of other guest. Wifi was ok but not in the room. Very near Taj Mahal. Staff is friendly but try to sell you things at high prices.

Very hospitable guesthouse. We felt welcome. Also close tot Taj Mahal. Thank you Bilal.

My sheets weren't changed. It was diwali so the owner had not a lot of staff around which is the reason but not an excuse. I told him about the sheets and they changed them immediately. Very friendly staff. Good wifi. Good food. They help where they can. just one minus for the dirty sheets despite that top!

Namastee !! Thank you My friend to write us feedback . This is My family Home Stay and here Everybody Work our Best . At the time of Diwali . I have'nt any Staff so i was Changed his sheets . Every thing is fine ..