Friends Paying Guest House Reviews

p-6 taj nagari phase 1, Agra, India

Very average for an Indian hostel. Location is great for seeing the Taj Mahal, about 20 minutes walk, and the area is as expected for Agra. Beds fairly comfortable, although pillows not great, felt as though left unwashed from previous guests. Bathroom a complete mess really - sink falling off the wall, mosquitoes flying around, no hot water. However, saying that it was very cheap, so you pay for what you get. No breakfast included, but food made there isn`t expensive and not too bad!

Thank you for your review , I am sorry for your inconvinence - you book a single Room with shared bath Room it's only 5$ per night , our website it's mention we have no complementry breakfast with Room , Many hotels they do complementry breakfast but our Room price very budget . we have HOT SHOWER for all guest , unfortunately electricty gone when you want take a shower but we told you take shower after 30 minutes but you left , This is Basic Home Stay , don't accept 4 -5 star facility here .

No pick-up from the station after 10p.m. Staff insisted on all formalities at 1:30a.m.! No sheets on beds and dirty towels. Warm water only after telling staff that you would need it. Nice breakfast. Well organized rikshaw-tour.

Thanks for highligh nice breakfast and well rishkaw tour , I am sorry for inconvinence that you have , due to the heavy fog in month of December and january we not do pick up after 10 pm because Mostly train delayed ( Train not running on time ) people know this . we always recomment take a Taxi from the prepaid booth of Agra cantt Railway Staton .

People running this place don't know the definition of reservation. I booked a room and then had it confirmed via email 3 days before I arrived. Upon my arrival I was informed that they did not have any rooms available for me. I was then sent to another hotel (likely owned by a friend) which cost twice the price!

Thank you for your responce , you make a reservation here at the time of Christmas , we have all Rooms sold out and we already email you before , you did not stay here then How can you write Review for us ? , According to the policies if you stay the property then you have right to write responce . Sorry for Inconvinece that you had but your reservation already was cancelled , we recomment you other place , for your kind information New year / Christmas time mostly hotels are expensive ...

This was a very relaxing and safe hostel. Definitely a home away from home. Yusuf and his family are really hospitable and it's in a great location near the Taj. Loved the restaurant/ common area. Stay here if you visit Agra!

great food good people nice fast wifi and a few monkeys outside the window for good measure

Thank you my friend for giving us your valuable rating . Hope you will be come back Again .

Great location for visiting the Taj! A friendly place in a family's home, I enjoyed getting to know them all and feeling welcomed. Rooms basic but fine. Hot water outside of room at a seperate shower, but not a hassle. Would stay here again.

Thnak you Ms. Hanna for Giving your Valuable feedback about My family Home Stay . Thank you very mmuch for Sying about My family . Travelers live here like a family . I Hope You will be Come back Agra Soon , Our Friend Mr. Phillip From New Zeland He's Come back Again because He Don't like Varanasi .I don't No why . See you soon Hannah .

My stay here was just amazing! In fact I even made my way back to Friends Paying Guest house again because it was so great! The 'guest house' environment and the friendliness of Yusuf, Bilal and the rest of the family Khan family really made my stay. The rooftop restaurant was amazing (food, views and drinks). Located to close to the Taj it was so handy! Yusuf can organise anything for you with no hesitation. By far the best place I stayed at in India! Look forward to coming back one day soon!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

A good rather than great place. Close to Taj E gate ticket office and there is a free transfer from there to the entrance for ticket holders. Not much else near hostel so need to taxi if you want to eat out. Good lounge and rooftop area, laundry and book exchange and OK Wi-Fi. Good value

Thankyou for giving us your valuable time ,You had very short time in Agra ,One Day is not enough to see all Monuments in Agra ,We suggest you only Main Buildings because you had only one Day , Near our Hostel Place's like -Taj Nature walk Garden where you can See Taj Mahal Sunset and Sunrise ,Cinema Hall ,Mc Donalds ,KFC , Subway ,Shopping Malls etc .This All we have Near Our Hostel , You had one Day so in a 1 Day you like to visit Taj Mahal ,Agra fort ,Baby Taj Mahal and Backside River

The staff was very friendly, helpful and I felt safe and well looked after. My room was very clean and comfortable, but quite loud as it was right next to the dining room and kitchen where dinner was cooked until late in the evening.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Thank you for Staying here ! Actually you had Window Room with fast wifi . We have one Room that is close to the Street , it's Noisy because it's Window Room and It have Fast wifi in the Room . Next time We will give you Quite Room on the Roof Top .

This hostel is absolutely amazing. Super helpful and friendly staff, truly delicious food, nice rooms - these guys got just the right mixture to make backpackers feel comfortable. Keep it up people, stay healthy and do your thing! Thank you so much for everything :)

• 21st Nov 2014

We booked based on good reviews, however, upon arrival we were disappointed with the cleanliness of the rooms; sheets were dirty, pillows were hard and the bathroom was un-appealing. I had to shower in the family bathroom to get hot water which defeated the purpose of paying for en-suite. My friends in a separate room just didn't get hot water. Accommodation was extremely loud and I had to listen to the family snores and flem clearing all night

I am very Sorry for Inconvinence ! This is Basic Backpackers Budget Hostel . You booked Basic Room , If you found Sheets Clean Why you did not Told us ? We always Ask our Guest , IF you need any ting so please tell us ! We Apologised for This . For Hot Shower we have Seprate Bath Room where you can take Shower !

Great stay in Agra, friendly and helpful stuff. Staying at this Friends Paying Guesthouse made the trip even better than it was.

The best place I have stayed in India! This family run guest house is a place you have to stay in. Extremely helpful and a smile for everybody, the whole family.

• 12th Nov 2014

Thank you my friend ! This is Backpackers Home , We Welcome to All Toursit who looking a Comfort Home Stay in Agra Near Taj Mahal Ticket Counter Eastern Gate .

An absolutely lovely stay. It's a great family that welcome you into their home with open arms. Nothing is too much of an ask for them. A special mention to Bilou and his brother for making our stay truly wonderful. Our favorite stay in India!

Friends Paying Gesthouse is nice place in Agra for accomodation with familly atmosphere. Everybody looks happy. You can get some experience with Indian culture with that place.

Lovely hotel, really felt at home here. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is nice and a good place to meet other travellers. Takes about 10 minutes to walk to the Taj Mahal from the hotel.

Very friendly and helpful. Good meals. Will stay there again.

The guesthouse is in a great location if you've come to see the Taj at sunrise. It's a short walk around the corner. The place itself is ok, has the basics of what you need and the food is decent. They also helped us to book a bus back to Delhi. The owner is friendly and chatty. The rooms were also basic, but did the job.

Staff helpful although expensive commission if you get them to book trains. Room ok, not the cleanest and no hot shower. Excellent food some of the best veg I've had. Even if you don't stay, go to try the food. 5 mins walk to Taj Ticket office.

Yusuf and his staff are not fit for Hospitality Industry. They misbehaved with us. They were not paying attention to any request we made. They even forced to buy Drinking Water. The whole establishment is a disgrace to Hostelworld. Better defranchise them. -Saurabh

• 10th Oct 2014
  • India

Thank you Mr. Aloke For Writiing your faked Review ! I am Sorry For You had a Problem here Regarding our Service . When he Arrive here He was offering a Good Review if we give him 25% Discount in Room Price ! I was Shoked because He is First Guest in My Life who Say like this but We said No, I am Sorry We Can't Do it . CRAZY INDIAN Guest Stay here . This Guest Quite Rude and Unfriendly . Running a Hostel is so Cool because you always Learn something Different .