Friends Paying Guest House Reviews

p-6 taj nagari phase 1, Agra, India

Best Budget Backpackers Hostel in Agra .We just had a most pleasant stay here last weekend. We enjoyed a very clean room and bathroom . They prepared a nice continental breakfast and our host made us aloo parathas to take for lunch which were very delicious. The family is very nice and friendly and I would definitely recommend this place to others.The family were really lovely - helpful and chatty if you wanted them to be and left you alone if you didn't. The food was some of the tastiest we had

• 30th May 2014
  • Austria

Very nice hostel so close to Taj Mahal ticket office . It is real good place for real backpackers . This hostel run by lovely helpful family . I wish i had stayed longer and share more things with them . They have BOB MARLEY Restaurant too . Fresh food they make here . Food is Resonable price . Room so clean and cosy . I highly recommended this place .

• 23rd May 2014
  • India

The guest house is conveniently located for Taj Mahal, short walk to the East Gate. Good communal area to meet other travellers. Family are helpful but beware of offer to take you to market ... You will inevitably end up in a carpet shop being given the hard sell. Family is helpful and friendly but solo female travellers will have to contend with the usual unwanted advances from Indian men !! Expect the usual Indian plumbing problems, my room had only bucket and jug. Food is overpriced.

• 8th Apr 2014

Thank you Ms. Clark , For your Kind Information we make Everything fresh food here and we use good quality Spices our food is Reasonable . This is our Family Guest House So please Don't think its is unsafe for Solo Females . some Solo travelers girls have bad experience about India . They always afraid with Indian Men's but please Do not Compare us with other people .

LOVED this place! The manager was really warm and friendly and made an effort to make us feel at home. Great common area/restaurant to chill out (with a lovely special lassi) and of course, very close to the Taj mahal. Food was lovely and wished I could have stayed more than 1 night! Highly recommended!

Name says it all...'friends paying'. We got annoyed by the staffs 'useful information and friendly tips' ie careful of the fake marble by the taj mahal, buy my friends instead hahah. Shower did not work in room, only one communal one upstairs but we booked a room with bathroom. Food in the restaurant is absolutely terrible and very expensive, even before they add a friendly 15% 'tax'. Staff should concentrate on providing a decent guest house not trying to be friend and sell you stuff.

Sorry for Misunderstanding ? We never try to sell stuffs to the Guest ( its not our job ) but We always Explaintto People about Faked Shops and Commissions Mafia near by the Taj Mahal . Its is our Responsibility to explain you , If you think this Explanation is not fair So , I am Sorry . Food Cooks by My Mother which is Best Food in Agra . Some people prefare Street Food they Compare Home Food with Street Food .

The staff people act as Your close friends but from the first sight You can notice sth false, insincere in their attitude - I don't like it. There was no hot water in my room (though they told me: 'let me know 15 min earlier if You want to use hot water') and they wanted me to 'upgrade' my room standard to the room with a shower, telling that my room does not have it (but actually it had!). It was not very bad (esp other guests were nice) but there are definitely some better places in that city.

The Star was ok but the Roms were very cold and full of mault. In General the athmosphere was not too nice,as one was rarely left alone.

Hotel is not in good condition. Room are dark (no window) and very cold. Staff (family) are all liars. Avoid this place - even if it is cheap.

Only good comments for this place. Every member of this little family business is amazing. My friend had to go to the hospital and they helped a lot! Walking distance from the Taj Mahal in a quiet area so you can sleep well. Very clean with hot shower. They have a little lounge with sofas and the mother of the family cooks excellent meals in her small kitchen. It felt good to relax there with a cold beer after a long day of walking around in the city. I definitely recommend this place!