Friends Paying Guest House Reviews

p-6 taj nagari phase 1, Agra, India

Staff came across cold at first butthey warmed up after while. Veryclose walk to the taj so we were able to make sunrise

• 2nd Feb 2016

Greetings from Friends Guest House , Yes first come cold water in a shower after 30 min it come up hot . its take some time to get hot .

Good friendly hostel with good food

No water on sink. Staff didn't know wifi access.

My Dear guest , We gave you 3 times wifi password but you forget all the time . When you arrive here with your Indian friend Mr. Raju you both were full of drunk and when you drunk you don't know anything . Even you disturb other guests . We are not happy with your this behavior . Wish you all the best and god bless you Jospeh

Thanks for a great stay! Communication about how to make the shower hot was great. Travel advice was useful. Thanks!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay! The staff was incredibly accommodating and friendly. I didn't have hot water but im sure that would have been an easy fix had i mentioned it. Great spicy food! Its super close to the Taj Mahal so I was able to walk with great people I met at the hostel.

Thank you for writing review ! Sorry to hear about that you didn't had hot water . we have hot water 24 hours but you need to tell us 30 min before for hot water . Thank you for everything

The hostel is conveniently located a short stroll from the Taj Mahal east gate. The staff are friendly and helpful, though we were unnecessarily up-sold (albeit with our full consent) into a guide for a trip to Fatehpur Sikri. The restaurant is convenient and the food decent, though expensive. The only major gripe is that the advertised 24-hour hot water is at-best lukewarm, and that's generous.

Greetings From Friends Guest House Agra !! Thank you for writing review , Our location is near Taj Mahal and Food cook by My Mom ( Mom Made Food ) Bob Marley Restaurant , Our Food is very reasonable compare other places , It's not street food cheap but good quality and quantity . We use best material for food and our food cooked in mineral water 100% Hygienic and pure food . We cook in same Kitchen food for our family .

Great location for getting to the taj. Really good food in the restaurant here. Rooms are basic but I guess you get what you pay for. Lack of hot water was a tad annoying though. A slightly odd atmosphere here that we couldn't quite work out. Does the job though for a quick trip into agra

Dear guest we have plenty HOT WATER but it's take 30 min at least to make it hot in Geyser . you didn't turn on your hot water geyser and Thank you for mention about Food and location . We have Bob Marley Restaurant on top floor where we serve food .

Great staff from the owner, the front man, the chef, the cooker! Nice home stay! We really enjoy your kindness, friendliness, practical suggestion and interesting food and activities!

Greetings From Friends Guest House ! Thank you for staying in my home stay . Thank you for mention about our Food and Staff ''Great staff from the owner, the front man, the chef, the cooker! Nice home stay! We really enjoy your kindness, friendliness, practical suggestion and interesting food and activities ''

Yosuf is a friendly and kind host. The food at the upstairs restaurant is also prepared by the family, and they do a darned good job. There is no wifi in the room, but there is wifi in the lobby and in the restaurant. My shower didn't have hot water, but they might have been able to provide, but I didn't think to ask. Room is quiet for sleeping. Yosuf also booked my train, which worked perfectly. The hotel is within walking distance to the Taj, which is great; I would stay here again!!

We liked our stay that friend paying guest house. It is good situated near the Taj and the staff is very helpful. The food was ok, I couldn't find the superb food which recommended before. And no cooking classes like the description but still ok. At our stay it was very quiet there. But the guesthouse it's definitely worth the money

• 30th Nov 2015

Thank you for writing about us - Food made by my Mother and she is the best every one say .People have different taste like you . We cook fresh hygienic food in Bob Marley Restaurant inside our hostel . Our cooking classes time at 1 Pm to 5 Pm everyday because we are busy at the restaurant all the time . People come here from the other hotels only enjoy ''Mom Made Food '' at Bob Marley Restaurant . Come next time and do with us FREE cooking classes .

Family runs the hostel. They have been friendly, apart from that, nothing is good. Ancient facilities will make you very fanny.

Hello my Chinese friend YI-He . Thank you for your review . Yes this is family hostel run by very long time since 2000 ! we have all kinds of rooms for basic and deluxe - all rooms have different prices . Completely family home stay ! we do lotes of activities here everyday like - FREE COOKING CLASSES , FREE WALKING TOUR , FREE WI-FI , FREE ONE TIME TEA , FREE LUGGAGE ROOM , FREE TOUR INFORMATION , FREE CITY MAP , BOB MARLEY RESTAURANT etc.

This is truly one of the best family guest houses we have stayed in! Yusuf and his family were the best hosts, they catered for all our needs and provided us with all the info we needed. About a 10min walk away from the Taj Mahal, the food in their restaurant was amazing and lovely! Yusuf and his family are a lovely bunch, its a great place to stay at a great rate too. We met other travellers too and its a great hub for attracting all the seasonal travellers! A must stay for all!

We loved staying at Friends Guest paying House. It's was a short walk to the Taj Mahal. The staff even organized a tuktuk for us to take there and back to 'sunset point'. We ate three great meals at the Bob Marley restaurant while we listened to "Exodus". There was a couple of cozy spots to hang out including a roof top lounge area where we hung out with other delightful people from around the world drinking beers and playing music. Yusuf even let us stay long after our checkout before our train

• 6th Nov 2015

A great place to stay. We booked for two nights, but both got sick during our last day in Agra. Staff was really helpful and understanding by giving us a room for two extra nights and helping us with our traintickets etc. Thanks again! Good location quite close to the east gate of the Taj Mahal. Really recommend this hostel!

Dear my friend Justin , it's our job to look after our guest , We understand that you got sick because of that street food that's why we gave you room free of cost !! Money is important but not everything . Wish you all the best . take care

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you so much for your great review cheers !! We only spent two days in Agra just to see the Taj Mahal. This hostel is in a great location - waking distance to the Taj. Staff are very helpful and friendly - it's family run. It's clean and the cafe has the best food home made by the owners wife. Not too far only 15 minutes tuk tuk from the train station. This is great value for money!

I knew what I was getting into staying at Frendz: it's the kind of place you stay if you're looking to meet people and lay on the beach all day. Upsides: super friendly helpful staff who knew my name, pretty darn close to the white beach (5 ish minutes walk down an iffy alley), super easy to meet new people thru pasta nights and beach chairs. Downsides: very lax security (but didn't feel unsafe), loud construction next door, people getting PLASTERED every night, run down bathrooms. As expected.

Nice hostel, basic room and needed to lock using own padlock. Very friendly staff and nice area to relax in eve.

Greetings from Friends Guest House !! We start now use - your own padlock for the door because some guest thought hotelier have another room key also it's more secure for you as well because you trust your things better than anyone . We have also padlocks you can also take and use our locks for the door as well . Our hostel is very secure hostel and it's locked best place TAJ MAHAL EASTERN GATE TICKET COUNTER .

Average hostel, that's close to the Taj. Good restaurant, and nice view from the roof for a sunset.

Thank you Daniel for your kind words ! we wish you will back here again . we will making big hostel one day !

This place was good until I discovered that my backpack had been searched while I had asked to let it in a safe room after my check out... Everything was moved inside. The bag was actually let half open... One of the staff witnessed me discovering it in a complete mess, and still the owner was denying anyone could possibly have open it, saying bullshit about their CCTV which obviously will not incriminate the member of the staff/owner family that did that. Other comment relate same story...

Greetings from friends guest house , Agra ! Sorry to hear about your bag open . CCTV camera is bull shit for ! you said your bag zip half open - it was your Chinese friend yu-ni we search her in CCTV camera she was taking water in your bag . She left before your after you saying that your half bag was open ? but NOTHING IS STOLEN . Take care your valuables your self we are not responsible for personal belonging left somewhere ! we always said to our guest . you can use your OWN PADLOCK FOR DOOR.

Had a great time. Very well located for going to Taj. Nice atmosphere and good food.