8.0
Fabulous 288 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 288 Total Reviews
Friends Paying Guest House Located at p-6 taj nagari phase 1, , Agra.
India
Agra 282001 p-6 taj nagari phase 1
80% 288
27.1649197 78.0541062
    Rooms available

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
9th Jun 2016
6.9

Walking distance to the Taj Mahal. Yusef, the guy running the place, is really helpful. Found that the staff sit and watch you eat your food, which is weird, but they mean no harm. Food was gross, and everything that comes out of the fridge is luke warm. Clean rooms, but power cuts out a lot, which leaves you in a stinking hot room without a fan, until someone resets the circuit breaker. We often had no light in our bathroom, so had to shower in the dark. Constantly pestered to pay our tab.

7th Jun 2016

I only stayed in this hostel for one night. My private room was very nice it had a private bathroom as well which was perfect considering I was sick the one day I was in Agra. Food was good too. However trying to sleep was miserable. the beds were not very comfortable and the pillows were like styrofoam so I would suggest bringing your own. As well as no A/C which I guess I should have looked for. It was miserably hot and I had to continue to pour water on myself all night.

• Wales, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Jun 2016
6.0

If you're not a cat person, this is not the hostel for you. I love cats, but they were literally everywhere, always watching. The hostel itself is very basic, and not particularly clean, however, the little cafe is very good; real home-cooked-by-mum Indian food. Our private room was a bit jail cell-like but for the price it did the job and the location was very good.

Dear guest , Sorry to heard that cat watching you but you love cats . you writing two different things you like cat and you dislike cat because cat watching you ? We have 3 cats in our hostel and love them . I think mostly people have no problem with cats . you booked basic room 400/ INR and you expecting Deluxe 5 star room sorry we don't have that kind of rooms . Jonny

• USA, Male, 25-30
17th May 2016

Friends Paying Guest House is awesome! I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to stay close to the Taj Mahal at an affordable price. The staff were extremely friendly. I ended up talking and hanging out with Yusuf for several hours. They're just really genuine and nice people. The Bob marley restaurant was amazing! Family recipe foods. Would stay here again!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback .

• England, Couple, 25-30
6th May 2016

Very good value for money. Got a nice double room with a fan that was clean and comfy. Shower was powerful and enjoyed after a long day of travel. Very professional staff who were helpful with anything that we asked from the moment we checked in. Good location - walkable to Taj Mahal and short rickshaw to Agra fort and both stations. Only one negative - breakfast was expensive for what we got compared with other places we stayed. Overall glad we picked this place and would stay again.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th Apr 2016

Location was excellent, a short walk to the Taj (is there anything else to do in Agra?). Staff (family) was great and accommodating. Mom's cooking was yummy. Wifi was consistent. Worth a stay for sure!

Thank you for your valuable feedback , Our location is the best walking distance to the Taj Mahal . you can walk to the ticket counter first and from their you can buy Taj ticket .

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Apr 2016
6.9

Friends is clean.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2016
6.6

The hostel was clean and a short walk to the Taj. There are a few general stores close by for snacks etc. The staff were quite cold and some more interested in playing games on their phone than answering a question about where they suggest I could go for lunch, I was just grunted at and told Google. The food is pretty good value and cheap, the restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner. There was no power to the room for most of the time I was there, I was told that's just how it is.

Thank you for writing a review about the hostel and thank you for liking our home made food actually it's Mom made food at the restaurant . On the reception there is my younger brother he love playing games normally there is professional staff due to holi festival our staff was on Holi festival therefore younger brother was there . He love to help to people . we have travel desk . Thank you Joseph

28th Mar 2016

We were only here one day to see the Taj, and the location is PERFECT for that. The hostel is just a 10 minute walk to the ticket counter and 20 min. to the Taj. It's located a bit far from some of the other sights in Agra, but if you're aim is just to see the Taj, this is a great place to stay.

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Mar 2016

Great location - just a short walk to the Taj Mahal ticket office! Also lovely hostel feel with nice communal spaces and rooftop. Great place, great value!