Friendship House Reviews

3 Belvedere Place, Off Borough Road, London, England

Apart from an uncomfortable bed everything was ok:) I felt every single spring in the mattress. Anyway, I treated it as an acupuncture:)

• 31st May 2013
  • Poland

Very nice:)muy gentil todo.kiss

• 16th May 2013

Good: very convenient place, clean, modern, good amenities, excellent price To improve: little bit noisy in my room (hearing water etc...), mattress is bad (I could feel the metal springs) Black staff was not always behind desk during office hours, and was not reachable. Desk opens at 10am on week-end... not on 9am as written (I and several guest have waited for one hour before the guy arrived... and he was even not sorry because of a wrong display of desk hours)

It's very good in general according to the price except the space of the shower is a lttle bit small.

• 29th Dec 2012
  • China

The place is really nice; a building very modern, secure facilities, the rooms are really clean, comfortable, normal size for one person, and the bathroom is clean and for me that is the most important when I search a place to stay. When I arrived I had problems in finding the place because it is kind of hidden at the end of a little street, and well, when I arrived to the place all the staff where kind and it is in a calmed zone near the underground and there is a good supermarket aside.

• 17th Dec 2012
  • Mexico

This new construction building is perfect for people staying more than 2 days in London, the room is well equiped with a single bed, bureau, tv, wc, shower, ethernet cable for computer for free internet. No wifi available. We have to bring our own towel, soap, and paper toilet. There's a small supermacket just out of the Friendship house. The nearest tube station is elephant & castle or borough 10 mn away, and after 20mn walk is the thames or the tate modern.

I really enjoyed my stay at Friendship House. Very pleasant environment. Clean, secure with extremely helpful staff. Highly recommended.

It is more of a short term lodging and not really hostel lifestyle. No group functions or activities. Spent 11 days there and didnt meant one person besides staff. but price is great for london

I was extremely disappointed with Friendship House. Maybe I should have expected this, based on its name... At my arrival, the receptionist was very impatient and snappy with me. I was tired and disoriented and he certainly did not make me feel welcome or that I could ask him for assistance. The location is central but annoying, it is a good 10-minute walk from the 3 nearest metro stops, which would not be a problem if it wasn't near Elephant and Castle (one of the worst regions in London)

I am very surprised to hear this comment, because I the Manager personally checked this resident in and I remember that when she arrived it was in the evening she said she was tired due to her journey, and because of that I tried to check her in without taking too long in order to allow her to go to the room.

Staff are totally incompetent. Expect to be interrogated by unprofessional and dodgy security at night time about anything from, why you're coming in late, whether or not that laptop in your bag is indeed yours, and if he can use your phone to make a call. The area isn't the best either.

With response to this commment, the night security is only doing his job by asking if you were a resident because you were not known to him and he thought you were an intruder. He is only trying to secure the premises from non residents coming in late to disturb other residents. He never asked for this residents phone to make a call as claimed in the above comment. Initially, this resident planned to stay for 3 nights but however was happy to stay longer and extended his stay for 4 nights more. This is self contradictory from his comment I must say. Thanks for your stay with us.

Delayed plane cause me to be late so I couldn't get keys or an Internet cable. Bed was not clean or comfortable because I had metal coils in my back all night. Shower was gross. No directions on their hostel world site.

The resident on his arrival day called me the first time complainingof the fact that he was lost because Hostel Word did not put any map to reach Friendship House. After I explained him on the phone how to reach us, he called me again after somentimes from a totally wrong location. I explained him again and finally he reached the Hostel during the night. The night Security opened the room for him, the keys was not given to him because he was leaving the following day. the internert does not come for free with the room, it costs £3.00 and it can be purchased during the ffice opening hours. The room was cleaned and the bed was made up before his arrival. I am very surprised about his complain even because when he checked ot he was happy without giving any bad comments

Great location, short walk from Waterloo. Very clean single room,and the kitchen was very tidy and equipped with cooking stuff. i would definitely recommend this place!

View all London Bed and Breakfasts