Friendship House Reviews

3 Belvedere Place, Off Borough Road, London, England

all staff where very helpful apart from one who was on nightshift , when asked were I could get a coffee he replied go out on the street and have a look :(

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

The facility is good for the price and the location really convenient but probably one of the dirtiest place I have slept in my life. I have spent the night coughing and woke up with a blocked nose because of the dust in the room. I felt disgusted by the amount of hair found in my bed. The curtains in the bathroom was moldy and the floor sticky and brown. We bought flip flops and bed sheets at Primark not catch anything from that room. The owners excuse was: we didn't have enough time to clean!

• 27th Dec 2015

a fantastic setup in a great location: really impressed

Twin bed, large room with ensuite wet room, tv, fridge, gym downstairs, excellent quiet night

Fantastic budget accommodation where I managed to get a single room really cheap, and my room was super clean and comfortable. Not a typical backpackers style hostel but suited me perfect as I was in London for work.

veryvery good value for money. Only issues, couldnt lock the window and no hot water in the morning. You get what you pay for and this was brilliantly located and very inexpensive.

• 20th Dec 2014

It is rather a small hotel than hostel and it is only lacking on the atmosphere. Other than that, cannot complain. Firstly, the price was awesome. For £20 I expected 10 bed dorm and got a private hotel room. Shower, toilet, private area. All for me and it was cool. But there is no much room for meeting others there. The staff was also quite helpful and friendly. The location was great. 15mins walking to Elephant&Castle, and a 2, 3 underground stops from Piccadilly.

Not a bad place to stay reminded me of my university halls which was nice, they hostel asks for a £30 deposit which I was not told about, but we get it back when cheking out. My room could have done with a quick vacuum as there was food crumbles in the room. Overall it was a nice place to stay, would stay again and would recommend to others.

• 19th Dec 2014

Great location, very friendly staff I had a great stay

• 18th Dec 2014

Comfortable bed, friendly staff. It was nice and quiet so easy to get a full night of sleep. Only downside is you have to bring your own cups/ mugs, plates etc. but still great to have a full kitchen to use with microwave, oven and kettle.

Very good, the only down fall was the shower curtain - it was quite dirty and smelled mouldy when wet.

• 1st Aug 2014

Apart from an uncomfortable bed everything was ok:) I felt every single spring in the mattress. Anyway, I treated it as an acupuncture:)

• 31st May 2013
  • Poland

Very nice:)muy gentil todo.kiss

• 16th May 2013

Good: very convenient place, clean, modern, good amenities, excellent price To improve: little bit noisy in my room (hearing water etc...), mattress is bad (I could feel the metal springs) Black staff was not always behind desk during office hours, and was not reachable. Desk opens at 10am on week-end... not on 9am as written (I and several guest have waited for one hour before the guy arrived... and he was even not sorry because of a wrong display of desk hours)

It's very good in general according to the price except the space of the shower is a lttle bit small.

• 29th Dec 2012
  • China

The place is really nice; a building very modern, secure facilities, the rooms are really clean, comfortable, normal size for one person, and the bathroom is clean and for me that is the most important when I search a place to stay. When I arrived I had problems in finding the place because it is kind of hidden at the end of a little street, and well, when I arrived to the place all the staff where kind and it is in a calmed zone near the underground and there is a good supermarket aside.

• 17th Dec 2012
  • Mexico

This new construction building is perfect for people staying more than 2 days in London, the room is well equiped with a single bed, bureau, tv, wc, shower, ethernet cable for computer for free internet. No wifi available. We have to bring our own towel, soap, and paper toilet. There's a small supermacket just out of the Friendship house. The nearest tube station is elephant & castle or borough 10 mn away, and after 20mn walk is the thames or the tate modern.

I really enjoyed my stay at Friendship House. Very pleasant environment. Clean, secure with extremely helpful staff. Highly recommended.

It is more of a short term lodging and not really hostel lifestyle. No group functions or activities. Spent 11 days there and didnt meant one person besides staff. but price is great for london

I was extremely disappointed with Friendship House. Maybe I should have expected this, based on its name... At my arrival, the receptionist was very impatient and snappy with me. I was tired and disoriented and he certainly did not make me feel welcome or that I could ask him for assistance. The location is central but annoying, it is a good 10-minute walk from the 3 nearest metro stops, which would not be a problem if it wasn't near Elephant and Castle (one of the worst regions in London)

I am very surprised to hear this comment, because I the Manager personally checked this resident in and I remember that when she arrived it was in the evening she said she was tired due to her journey, and because of that I tried to check her in without taking too long in order to allow her to go to the room.

View all London Bed and Breakfasts