Friendship Palace Reviews

Via Milazzo 14, Rome, Italy

No sense of community. .. just another mega it flop house

I made booking online on this hostel and when I arrived there to the reception they changed the price and they made me to pay 3€ and one cent more per night, in this hostel nothing is clean everything is dirt the air in my room was terrible from restaurants which were down to my balcony

I thought I was walking into a horror movie when I walked in here. Janky elevator, building was falling apart, garbage in the stairwell. There are no rules or expectations posted anywhere, so when a girl in my room brought someone home after a night of partying (we were all fine with it), the owner burst into our room the next morning and started screaming at us we were going to face a 6000 euro fine and he would call the police. Worst hostel I've ever been at, avoid at all costs.

We did not have a pleasant experience at the Friendship Palace. First of all there is no sign for the place outside. It is only shown as Hotel Beautiful. We were greeted by a staff member that was not helpful or friendly at all. You can take an old elevator that barely fits two people up or you can walk up several flights of stairs to get to your floor. The room would be decent enough if it had any form of air-conditioning or a fan. The heat was absolutely unbearable. The sink began to leak too.

We booked this hostel for two nights, and after no towels, a moldy shower curtain, a shower that flooded the entire bathroom, and a sleepness night of heat we could not even sleep there the second night. We did not get a refund for the 2nd night because apparently we have to cancel 24hrs in advance which makes sense since we could have known how bad it was the day before we even stayed there. Yes, this hostel is close to termini, but there are so many better hostels around. Avoid!

• 13th Jul 2015

Fans, if not air conditioning, would be nice at night.

• 12th Jul 2015

There's no signs on the door or anywhere on the front that say friendship palace, it's a very run down appartment block in an undesirable location the only thing it has going for it is the metro and train station that's walking distance. Stay here as a last resort

• 11th Jul 2015

Rome was one of my favorite cities, but his place made my stay there a nightmare. On the first night, someone broke into the room overnight while we were sleeping and stole one of the bags with stuff worth overt 1500 euros, including eurail passes. If you can, go somewhere else. The staff did not help much or even showed any remorse about what happened, nothing was ever recovered. We immediately left the place and went somewhere else. The hostel itself was very sketchy, loud and dirty.

We stayed in a 4 bedroom room, however since it was quiet, we got to keep the room to ourselves. We had our own private bathroom that worked well except for a crazy shower head. Staff were nice and apologetic about it. The common area is on a different floor but it is quiet and had access to the wifi connection.

The hostel is ok..if you have no other place to go or no time to choose another hostel. Yes, bed was clean and they had wifi, also they are just opposite train station. But all the rest reminds you that you came here coz you didnt find anything better for this money. Sometimes in such places staff can compensate poor facilities and all, but again, not in this hostel. Rome is beautiful, guys, choose your hostel carefully!

I REALLY ENJOYED MY STAY HERE. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN, GOOD LOCATION AND SERVICE. ALSO GOOD SECURITY. REASONABLE RATES. AND HELPFULL STAFF. VERY CLOSE TO ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND STORES. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE, FRIENDSHIP PALACE TO ANYONE. SINCERELY, MICHAEL S.

• 5th Jun 2015