Friendship Palace Reviews

Via Milazzo 14, Rome, Italy

First of all, we booked for Friendship place but being put to stay at "Hotel Beautiful. on the night we checked in, receptionist didn't know where is hotel sales books and gave me a piece of paper for the payment that I settled for our entire stay. We need to buy own toilet papers, waiting for receptionist as he left a note on the door as "back in a few minus", bed sheets were never changed and no effective communication in English. 46 euro a night plus 6 euro for two a night is high price.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Myanmar

Had a great two nights at this hostel. Rana at reception was extremely helpfull on our first night in Rome . Gave us lots of information about the city.

• 10th Sep 2014

I'd like to thank the staff of the hostel... Rana was really helpfull and I'd like to remark these services!

I would never recommend this hostel!!! It seems not to be a hostel at all. The staff are all ilegal inmigrants and the hostel is quite ilegal too. They make you pay in cash and don't give you a ticket or something. They make you stay in a place called "Hotel Beautiful", so when you arrive it's not the place which you pay for. Don't have kitchen, fridge and facilities to cook. I had to stay one more night and they make me pay double price!!! always without ticket and in cash.they avoid taxes.

Friendship Palace (a.k.a. Hotel Beautiful) is a very sketchy looking hostel. There is a subtle smell of urine in the air probably because they do not clean their bathrooms properly. The bed linens are not properly clean. I was getting itchy rashes on my arm every morning. The night I left there was a sign by the front door telling people to leave the keys on this nail on the wall. Keep in mind this door is accessible to anyone on the outside. Other smaller issues but those were the main ones.

• 9th Jul 2014

Hostel was great, we got upgraded to a spacious private room free of charge. Weird smell throughout room. Virtually no atmosphere/facilities.