Frogshollow Lodge & Backpackers Reviews

27 Lindsay St, GPO Box 410 - Berrimah 0828, Darwin, Australia

Filthy! Nothing is ever cleaned, the fridges always stink, bugs all over the bathrooms, rooms never cleaned properly-a quick run of a brush over the visible parts of the floor doesn't count! Friend was attacked on her way home one night as it's so isolated and dark down there- totally unsafe. Rude staff. Zero security. Do not stay here! They also feel they can kick you out at any time for no reason!!

• 3rd Jul 2014

most of the showers are broken and reception was not open when we wanted to check out at 8 in the morning and get the deposit back. as we had to go to the airport we could not wait any longer.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Could have cleaner bathrooms. Would have liked to turn off air conditioner but couldn't. Didn't like the fact that you had to deposit $10 for knife, fork, spoon and plate. Not practical when only staying one night. Didn't actually see any staff because of our odd hours,

great pool, big enough kitchen, nice staff, weekly rate very good, more than enough showers anyone could walk in the hostel, room doors often left unlocked, rooms too small, extremely noisy, rooms very messy.

the hostel wasn't clean at all, it smelled really badly everywhere we went, the facilities are so disgusting that we felt seriously uncomfortable using them at all and for 26$ per night we just expected it to be at least clean and tidy.

The Hostel was noch really clean, Eg the kitchen. I did't like it there, its also not close to the main Streets with all the bars. A big plus of the hostel is the public park next to it

I just stayed there for three days, but it was totally fine. It was the cheapest Hostel in Darwin, not on the main street, but just 5 min away from it. The room was never looked (but I think it was because of my dorm mates) and it was kinda dirty and really hot. But all in all it was really alright,the atmosphere is nice and its not too big! It also has a laundry inside. Its just strange that u have to rent every single item for the kitchen and they dont tell you when u check in.I recommend it!

Avoid that hostel!!! I have been in many hostels in Australia and this one is the worst. Staff is unfriendly, the rooms are disgusting, food everywhere! It is not worth 1 $.

Although this hostel is grubby and fairly dirty. The kitchen and bathroom is given a good clean every night. It's just the communal areas and bedrooms which are filth. Staff are lovely and friendly and helpful especially Keri. I stayed here the end of April 2014 and would recommend a a/c room as it was far too hot in a fan room. It's about a 10 min walk from the main streets, so depends on what you are after. The atmosphere in this hostel is great, feels like a family.

Smelly, messy rooms. Staff friendly. Ants on the bedsheets, luckily No bedbugs!

• 24th Apr 2014

I think the sheets had not been changed in my single room and I heard rats or mice at night.

• 19th Apr 2014

Management is woeful. Lack of intention or understanding probably both. Benchmarks for all normal protocols need urgent attention.

• 10th Apr 2014

though an older hostel...it more than made up for it with its hidden extras and atmosphere

• 28th Feb 2014