Frogshollow Lodge & Backpackers Reviews

27 Lindsay St, GPO Box 410 - Berrimah 0828, Darwin, Australia

Reception opens at 4pm. I was there at 12 so I had to wait hours. My room was dark and dirty, rubbish everywhere. No possibilities to climb on the top of the bunkbed or to lock stuff in the room. I didn't feel save and so I flew as soon as I could into another hostel in Darwin.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Hi there, Were glad you found somewhere that suited your needs - Darwin is an amazing place with markets and great fishing. In quiet season we close from midday till 4 pm - We have a system to check in while were not there but it does need to be coordinated a day or so before. We keep our costs down so we can be cheapest in Darwin. Most our guests are out in the middle of the day and we sell 3 cans of soft drink, so we shut for a nap and reopen at 4 this works well mostly. Sry for your delay.

Staff are brilliant helpful and really enjoying company. Very communal atmosphere relaxed and fun. Suits outgoing person. Open planned so brings people together.

• 29th Sep 2014

Hi there, THANK YOU I am really grateful for you taking the time to review our hostel. I have printed this to show to Iris and the rest of us so they know there efforts and love of frogs and the guests is recognized! WE hope your stay in Darwin was wonderful- If you need some insider info on things to do please ask us. HOT TIP for next time: Frogs-hollow art centre is directly opposite us thru the park and often have free or cheap exhibitions of local artists.

Frogs Hollow , is a great place to stay because of the people you meet , But it Really needs a huge Clean Up and a lot of repairs Done

• 6th Aug 2014

I'm sure the staff and everyone staying at this hostel are very nice but I only needed to go into reception see the kitchen and know it wasn't for me ! It was dirty and messy! Then a girl who just checked in came down from her room and said it wasn't nice or clean! I did not stay here I left straight away and found another hostel ! The youth shack !

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to submit feedback - We believe that frogs is awesome and want our guests to be happy. If your not happy we dont mind if you choose to go else where. Each person has a different personal fav in Darwin. Mines frogs and the amazing Park. Thats why when you decided not to stay we did not enforce the cancellation policy of 24 hours. We also provided you with all the info to help your stay. Thursday night markets ROCK

Whilst some members of staff were helpful and courteous, others were very unhelpful and distracted those that were trying to do their jobs professionally. They attempted to make me pay more for my room that I had agreed to when I booked online, owing to an apparent 'administrative error', which did not at all please me. The room was pleasant enough, but the hostel itself was filthy, noisy and badly maintained. I've stayed in other hostels for the same price that were much nicer than Frogshollow.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Hi there, We are sory for the misunderstanding. You were given an upgrade and a discount of $6 during your stay. Only paying the booked price. The upgrade was given as a result of an error. We soon realized this and gave it to you for the discounted rate. As travelers ourselves we know that what you book you want to pay. WE completely agree and this is why we honored your booking price. Im sure at the time when we realized we were a bit confused. but it wasn't our intent. Chelsea

I have never seen a hostel reviewed so negatively. It was reasonably priced, the staff were friendly, it was clean and in a good location. I could not find fault with it

Hi there Graham, Thanks for taking the time to review our home. I am so glad you mentioned that the staff were nice- Our little team thrive on making frogs a genuine home for people and They will be ecstatic that you mentioned them. We agree that our location is pretty special. Watching the colours change over the park at dawn is my personal fav. Thats what inspires the colours of frogs walls. Did you know that Frogs hollow Art center hosts amazing local art exhibits for free.

The staff were friendly and helpful but there is nobody on duty from 8pm to 8am and the entrance is not locked. The communal sitting areas, inside and out, were not cleaned. It was very busy and there appeared to be quite a sizeable section of the residents who were used to havijbg servants,

Hi Thank you for taking the time to add a review of your stay. I have printed your review and given a copy to our front staff as they love frogs and genuinely want to make each guest stay an awesome one. They will be really happy you mentioned them. Our night person is on site but only for calls or check-in questions. We have found by keeping costs down most guests are happy not to have a reception desk manned. We are the cheapest in town and this is one of the ways we are able to do it