Frogshollow Lodge & Backpackers Reviews

27 Lindsay St, GPO Box 410 - Berrimah 0828, Darwin, Australia

Reception opens at 4pm. I was there at 12 so I had to wait hours. My room was dark and dirty, rubbish everywhere. No possibilities to climb on the top of the bunkbed or to lock stuff in the room. I didn't feel save and so I flew as soon as I could into another hostel in Darwin.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Staff are brilliant helpful and really enjoying company. Very communal atmosphere relaxed and fun. Suits outgoing person. Open planned so brings people together.

• 29th Sep 2014

Frogs Hollow , is a great place to stay because of the people you meet , But it Really needs a huge Clean Up and a lot of repairs Done

• 6th Aug 2014

I'm sure the staff and everyone staying at this hostel are very nice but I only needed to go into reception see the kitchen and know it wasn't for me ! It was dirty and messy! Then a girl who just checked in came down from her room and said it wasn't nice or clean! I did not stay here I left straight away and found another hostel ! The youth shack !

Whilst some members of staff were helpful and courteous, others were very unhelpful and distracted those that were trying to do their jobs professionally. They attempted to make me pay more for my room that I had agreed to when I booked online, owing to an apparent 'administrative error', which did not at all please me. The room was pleasant enough, but the hostel itself was filthy, noisy and badly maintained. I've stayed in other hostels for the same price that were much nicer than Frogshollow.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I have never seen a hostel reviewed so negatively. It was reasonably priced, the staff were friendly, it was clean and in a good location. I could not find fault with it

The staff were friendly and helpful but there is nobody on duty from 8pm to 8am and the entrance is not locked. The communal sitting areas, inside and out, were not cleaned. It was very busy and there appeared to be quite a sizeable section of the residents who were used to havijbg servants,

Probably fine for the average backpacker but we struggled. We booked the 3 person room with ensuite. The room was tiny with db and bunk over it. The bed was pushed against wall so had to climb over the other person to go to loo. The en suite was a converted disabled toilet with no door except the entry to the main external walkway. But the main problem was despite signs everywhere saying no noise after 10, both nights we were there there were loud drunken parties under our window until 2am.

• 21st Jul 2014

Filthy! Nothing is ever cleaned, the fridges always stink, bugs all over the bathrooms, rooms never cleaned properly-a quick run of a brush over the visible parts of the floor doesn't count! Friend was attacked on her way home one night as it's so isolated and dark down there- totally unsafe. Rude staff. Zero security. Do not stay here! They also feel they can kick you out at any time for no reason!!

• 3rd Jul 2014

most of the showers are broken and reception was not open when we wanted to check out at 8 in the morning and get the deposit back. as we had to go to the airport we could not wait any longer.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Could have cleaner bathrooms. Would have liked to turn off air conditioner but couldn't. Didn't like the fact that you had to deposit $10 for knife, fork, spoon and plate. Not practical when only staying one night. Didn't actually see any staff because of our odd hours,

Gave away my bed after a week

• 26th Jun 2014

great pool, big enough kitchen, nice staff, weekly rate very good, more than enough showers anyone could walk in the hostel, room doors often left unlocked, rooms too small, extremely noisy, rooms very messy.