Frogshollow Lodge & Backpackers Reviews

27 Lindsay St, GPO Box 410 - Berrimah 0828, Darwin, Australia

This place is a good place to make party and meet people. But bedrooms are tidy and don't shut, everybody can come in your room. Bathrooms and toilets are really dirty.

• 9th Jul 2015

Pros: Convenient location near Darwin CBD. Wifi was decent. Price was good. The staff were very friendly and informative. Cons: The place was filthy, the bathrooms were among the worst I've seen in two years of backpacking. The quiet hours were ignored and guests drank until 3-4 in the morning. Hostel staff did not attempt to quiet them. The kitchen was small and quite crowded.

It wasn't clean and always messy. But we still had a good time.

Very dirty, lot of noise, old facilities

• 5th Jun 2015

You don't expect much when the receptionist apologizes multiple times for the condition of the room when checking you in. The dorm was crowded and many people complained about not being able to find their unoccupied bed when checking in. The door was often left open because it was so hot. The breakfast was simple white bread and condiments, the beds were very worn and some were on the verge of breaking. I might still consider staying there again because it was cheaper than the alternatives.

Never again. I have never seen anything like it. I arrived in the evening. People were drinking and playong loud music. When I saw my room all I wanted was to run away. It smelled bad and it was one big mess. The luggage amd stuff from the other guests were everywhere. I had no clue where to put mine. I wanted to have it up next to me in the bed, because I was afraid someone might go through my stuff. The beds I didn't even want to touch it. The place just screamed bacterias. So I left immediat

Really dirty and so cramped

• 24th May 2015

Could not sleep! Yes it was a Saturday night during the dry season, I was expecting a little noise but to have music playing until 6am! That's just so rude! No staff told them to turn it down or have a curfew in place. Not only that but the fact that the bed sheets still had cum stains on it was the most disturbing feeling of all. Next time I'll sleep in the park across the street.

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

Bathrooms where quite disgusting with some of the showers not even having heads on them and drunken guests were allowed to play lound music till sometimes 5am

• 14th May 2015

The place is probably ok for a young backpacker from overseas but it is noisy for those wanting sleep. The place was cleaned ok by backpackers but needs updating and renovating. Showers hot and strong and enough toilet paper. I would not go again because I am an older person but the young ones seemed to be having a ball.

The hostel can definitely divide the reviewers into 2 extremes depending on the idea of a "backpacker's hostel". If you're looking for 4 walls and tons of fun with the people, then this hostel is for you.

This hostel is disgusting, dirty, noisy, without airconditionner. The room are like a jail . The mattress are disgusting. The atmosphere is very noisy everyone is drunk. Not recommend at all!!!

• 17th Apr 2015

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review our home. Were a small family run place and offer rooms of many sizes. Some with Air con some with out. The prices for the fan cooled room are the cheapest. All stays include free WiFi and free breakfast. I hope that help a little. I understand that you did not like the other guests drinking and we apologize for that. However we do not sell alcohol and encourage guests to have a BYO with a bbq. A less commercial more friendly way to socialize.