Fukuoka Hana Hostel Reviews

4-213, Kamikawabata-machi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

Great location, right next to Canal city.Staff were friendly.Very clean hostel. Ample room in bunks, comfortable mattress, personal box , personal lamp & electrical socket included. 300 Yen discount for booking 3 nights. Ample restaurants nearby.HOWEVER, atmosphere was highly lacking -no events planned during my 3 day stay - limited socializing between guests as no events planned/common room is not effective to have a social environment, sad as otherwise great place to stay, solo travelers avoid

3rd time at Hana - and this trip to Fukuoka was divided between a couple nights stay at Hana and then a second local hostel. Afterwards, I can now confirm, Hana is infinitely preferable. Great location, lovely people, good value. Recommended.

- I was made to overpay - I was put a worse room than I reserved - I was given a notice about late check-in hours after I checked in - When I asked about this, I was told it was just a misunderstanding and they did not need to do anything - I had to be very insistent (at night, when I was tired) to get them to check - I did get a refund and my proper room - I did get a written apology

It was great! It was easy to find and close to the subway.

We were in a private double room with bathroom/shower/bath, it was like an Hotel. I always have excellent stays in Hana hostels, always get excellent rooms for a surprisingly cheap price. Definitly recommend.

This is a great hostel in Fukuoka, I stayed for 2 nights. I stayed on the ground floor in a female dorm room. The beds are comfortable and you have a curtain for privacy and a light. It was very clean and had kitchen facilities which you could use. The location is really good, I walked about 15 minutes from the station, and is right next to Canal City. Also very friendly staff, I would definitely stay here again.

The only negative thing I felt was the room temperature which was set to 30 degree celcius, and that is freaking hot! even in winter! Of course it was not intended by the hostel, but it was one of the guest in the room, so its kinda unrelated to the hostel. :p

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

I thought the hostel was great. It was almost like a hotel. The only thing that was a little uncomfortable is not being able to be in an all female dorm. It would have been nice if the coed at least had a little more of a balance between female and male guests. Other than that it was great because it was nice and clean, warm and located in a wonderful location.

Excellent hostel overall, though the common space could do with few comfy chairs to make it more attractive for people to hang out there.

I like this hostel so much. As far as I have been travelled in hostel, this hostel considered to be the best of all. I stayed in a two bedroom with my friends. The room is fully equipped with all facilities you may need. The staff is also friendly and nice.

Located inside of a shopping arcade, so food and shopping is literally next door. Got a twin bunk room-- not much space but enough room for everything you will need. Small tv mounted on the wall, small desk, and clean bathroom with great shower/tub. Layout looks like a former business hotel. There is a separate luggage room in the lobby. Staff are friendly, and rooms are quiet. Need to take the local bus from the train station and then walk about 10 minutes to get there.

Hello Crystal, we hope you enjoyed staying at hana hostel. Most of our rooms are built in Japanese style which doesn`t require lots of rooms but details. We are located at literally the center of Nakasu, either Tenjin station or Hakata station it takes 15mins or less by walk to the hostel. If you take a bus or subway you will get here quicker. Bus stops are at a few steps away from our front door. Please come back again anytime. We will be here to show you something more about beautiful Fukuoka.

Nicely located in a shopping mall with a konbini just across the street. Staff is helpful and speaks perfect English. Wi-Fi didn't work on any of my devices (mobile, laptop).

Dear Tobias. Hello~ How did you like fukuoka? Hope you had a great time here staying with us. We also love our lively neighborhood, Kawabata shopping arcade, along with Kushida Shrine, proud landmark of fukuoka. We are very sorry to hear that you had a wifi connection problem. Sometimes certain smart devices get problems to connect to our wireless but re-booting looter mostly ease the issues. We are here to assist customers and please let us know anytime if you need any further assistant! THX!

Fantastic hostel- I didn't want to leave!! The entire staff is excellent, so nice, genuine

Loacation is good between City Center and Hakata Train Station / Airport. Nice rooms with a lot privacy and clean / comfortable bathrooms. Staff annoyed me a little bit. 2 questions about the city and twice the answer was wrong...

A lovely, modern hostel. The beds were really comfy.

Dear Tracey Hello, we really want to say thank you for staying with us. I also like to sleep at our dorm! Hope to see you again in near future, guys. Take care :D

Great place to stay in fukuoka! Close to a lot of shopping and a few cool sights too. Not as social as I would've expected, so probably better for group travelers rather than solo.

Was really nice! Very central and easy to get to also by walking 15min from trainstation. Was very clean and good.

Great value with a perfect location in Fukuoka, right in the market street and near the best shopping center I've seen Canal City. The staff are amazing and very friendly, will stay here again

The lodge sign is not clear or visible so pay attention as you get closer to the end of arcade which is the canal city side. There are big mall, canal city and 24hour supermarket and many restaurants near the lodge so enjoy walking around the area. it is under the long arcade. Wifi works and enough outlets provided to each bed to charge your electric supplies. As for the facility, it is clean both rooms and shower rooms. Clean linens provided as well. Highly recommended hostel!!

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Japan

Hostel is in a fantastic location! We stayed in a twin ensuite room and facilities were very clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and always willing to help. WOuld definately recommend this hostel for people travelling to Fukuoka. :)

Dear Taylor! Hello, there. Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a great review~ We appreciate your recommendation to other travelers but also we do recommend to come and visit us anytime if you have another chance to travel kyushu, fukuoka! looking forward to meeting you again. Best regards. :-)

View all Fukuoka City Hostels