Fukuoka Hana Hostel Reviews

4-213, Kamikawabata-machi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

Great place to stay! Location is amazing. I've stayed at other hostels in Fukuoka and this is much more convienient.

• 9th Jun 2014

It was hard to find because I walked passed it about three times. Look for the giant fish tank across from it. But a good night sleep after a long day's travel. Great location for public transit. Lots of food and shopping close by. Staff is the usual excellent Japanese standard courteous. I would stay here again and again.

I did especially like the location of the hostel. Not that close to the railwaystation, although you could walk. But seemed to be situaties in and part of a mall. The so promising city canals were rather disappoiting.

Loved the curtains around the beds in the femals dorm for some privacy

Hostel is centrally located and close to the subway, staff is friendly and helpful and speaks good English. Rooms are clean and beds have curtains which I really like. Common area could be a bit bigger but then it`s a small hostel, so that is fine. Recommend it.

Great place to stay at. Plenty of fellow travelers but a surprising lack of unpleasant craziness and you should definitely be able to get a good night's rest. I love the staff, they all seem very kind and attentive. Yuno even gave me some of her homemade kimchi :)

This is our first trip to Japan and because of its impromptu nature we know next to no Japanese. The staff were so kind to us and offered us lots of help. Very friendly atmosphere and really cute traditional rooms in a great location. Right by a shrine which was a lovely introduction to Japanese culture. I would highly recommend it :)

• 20th May 2014

Very nice hostel, great location in a shopping arcade. The room was great, with a nice view on the canal. The hostel staff was super nice and the facilities are good. I really like Fukuoka. I will definitely be coming back here!!!

Very large common area and location is within walking distance to a lot of popular attractions.

nice clean hostel,lots of space,great staff,good location

The directions for finding the place were a little confusing but once we got to the hostel, we loved it! The front desk staff were awesome- they helped us book a ferry to South Korea when the website was all in Japanese. Thank you for your help and for a great stay!

This hostel was awesome. The woman on reception was sooooo friendly, I don't think I've ever met anyone as friendly in any other hostel! We stayed in the double room which had a really comfortable japanese style futon bed. The bathroom was tiny so if you're tall it might be a problem but it was fine for me. The rooftop was great with a nice view of the area. Lots of bars and restaurants and a big shopping mall very close.

Always a great stay. Not the most social hostel for solo travelers, but it's clean, has great facilities, and interesting things to do!

Great location in the city with big and comfy beds.

Good location, really friendly staff, few if any negatives. Dorms beds had curtains, spacious area with locker beside the bed which I liked. Power outlet and light too. Would recommend.

Excellent location. Very friendly staff.

“This was one of the best hostels I stayed in during my trip. All the facilities are there (and they had free filter coffee and not just instant). Multiple clean bathroom facilities. Hostel is very spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Kitchen / common area is particularly nice. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Got into a great conversation with another solo traveler. Would highly recommend and would stay again in the rare occasion that I ever return to Fukuoka.”

Female staff were very nice and efficient, the male staff lacked warmth, but that's pretty much the only negative thing I have to say about this hostel. I'd personally rate the value for money as "fantastic". Will defintetly choose it for my next trip to Japan.

• 14th Apr 2014

Friendly helpful staff, very nice location, comfortable futons to sleep on.

The woman working at the front desk was VERY helpful as she booked a ferry ride for me over to Busan, SK. The website was in Japanese...

View all Fukuoka City Hostels