Fukuoka Hana Hostel Reviews

4-213, Kamikawabata-machi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

Good location near the shoppinc city, easy access by metro on rainy days, friendly staff.

I had a good 3 bed shared room (the bed was comfortable, the room quiet) with a tiny bathroom and the prices, the meeting room (with guide books, maps, and a shared computer) were nice. And thought the staff and location were good, it would have been better if the hostel was walking distance to most of the bars and if the staff went out of their way more to help. Otherwise, the place was fine. I would go back.

• 7th Aug 2014

We didn't see much staff because we arrived late and left early but the two staff members who were there were diligent regarding their duties. This was the first time my family stayed in hostels and we stayed in a variety, both large and small. Hana Hostel was the largest--more like a motel than most. One comment--we would have appreciated more detailed written instructions on how to use the stove--we couldn't get the burners to come on--so we used the electric water kettle to make our coffee.

Great place to stay in Fukuoka. The staff are super friendly, with excellent English and able to answer any questions you have about Japan or the local area. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city, walking distance to shops, food and ATM's. The rooms are well looked after, value for money and clean. I would highly recommend the Hana Hostel to any prospective travelers!

• 17th Jul 2014

Great place to stay! Location is amazing. I've stayed at other hostels in Fukuoka and this is much more convienient.

• 9th Jun 2014

It was hard to find because I walked passed it about three times. Look for the giant fish tank across from it. But a good night sleep after a long day's travel. Great location for public transit. Lots of food and shopping close by. Staff is the usual excellent Japanese standard courteous. I would stay here again and again.

I did especially like the location of the hostel. Not that close to the railwaystation, although you could walk. But seemed to be situaties in and part of a mall. The so promising city canals were rather disappoiting.

Loved the curtains around the beds in the femals dorm for some privacy

Hostel is centrally located and close to the subway, staff is friendly and helpful and speaks good English. Rooms are clean and beds have curtains which I really like. Common area could be a bit bigger but then it`s a small hostel, so that is fine. Recommend it.

Great place to stay at. Plenty of fellow travelers but a surprising lack of unpleasant craziness and you should definitely be able to get a good night's rest. I love the staff, they all seem very kind and attentive. Yuno even gave me some of her homemade kimchi :)

This is our first trip to Japan and because of its impromptu nature we know next to no Japanese. The staff were so kind to us and offered us lots of help. Very friendly atmosphere and really cute traditional rooms in a great location. Right by a shrine which was a lovely introduction to Japanese culture. I would highly recommend it :)

• 20th May 2014

Very nice hostel, great location in a shopping arcade. The room was great, with a nice view on the canal. The hostel staff was super nice and the facilities are good. I really like Fukuoka. I will definitely be coming back here!!!

Very large common area and location is within walking distance to a lot of popular attractions.

nice clean hostel,lots of space,great staff,good location

The directions for finding the place were a little confusing but once we got to the hostel, we loved it! The front desk staff were awesome- they helped us book a ferry to South Korea when the website was all in Japanese. Thank you for your help and for a great stay!

This hostel was awesome. The woman on reception was sooooo friendly, I don't think I've ever met anyone as friendly in any other hostel! We stayed in the double room which had a really comfortable japanese style futon bed. The bathroom was tiny so if you're tall it might be a problem but it was fine for me. The rooftop was great with a nice view of the area. Lots of bars and restaurants and a big shopping mall very close.

Always a great stay. Not the most social hostel for solo travelers, but it's clean, has great facilities, and interesting things to do!

Great location in the city with big and comfy beds.

Good location, really friendly staff, few if any negatives. Dorms beds had curtains, spacious area with locker beside the bed which I liked. Power outlet and light too. Would recommend.

Excellent location. Very friendly staff.

View all Fukuoka City Hostels