Fun Sleep Reviews

Calle Aduana 25, Madrid, Spain

It's a very centric hostel, 5 minutes walk form Sol. The staff is very helpfull and they include a very good breakfast. The problem I could find is that they only have 2 bathrooms (each of the with a shower) but it's maybe not enough for everyone...

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL!! SCAM. We went early to drop off bags, not to check in. The man said we needed to pay 50% extra for coming early. He said he sent an email explaining this. I argued that we never received an email and then he said, "oh my fault, no problem, you don't have to pay extra". THEN he tried to put 2 extra beds in our already tiny room. We paid for a four bed room for a reason. I asked for a discount and he started yelling and said we had to pay 50% more again. Wow.Bad Staff

Great location, nice staff, cozy place.

I was surprised in a positive way by this stunning hostel - the interior is so beautiful! The furniture and decoration matches the rooms perfectly well, everything seems comfortable. What I liked most was that there are no specific breakfats times - whenever you feel like having breakfast one can grab the bread and jam from the fridge, make some coffee and just feel like home :) Walking distance to the center (Plaza Sol) is 5 minutes, perfect! Bathrooms are big and clean.

The people at funsleep made me feel like at home. Everybody feel so good that you can find in the kitchen everything, included ingredients to cook that travelers leave there to share with whoever needs! Best regards and thank you guys for having such a wonderfull place! Marcelo

The place is great, a renovated building in the centre of Madrid! Location is amazing and wi fI too ! breakfast is simple but good... Alexis is a really cool guy :-)

Good location close to centre. Late night noise Saturdays but other nights fine. We had private room but shared bathroom. Breakfasts fine. Info provided OK? Alex very good information. Lots cooking kit if that yr bag + fridge, freezer, washing machine etc. Our weather in October so so but we walked miles, saw the sites. Buildings HV great style, palace a must! Watch out for kids apparently wanting yr name etc and sight yr id card (its in yr wallet-guess what they after!!!!). You HV been warned.

The facilities and staff was great, atmosphere was chill but might of been the days i stayed.

This is a "bad joke" Sleep. We reserved a double room and the owner called us that we can sleep at another place far from the centre. We did not want that because we booked it because of the central location. In the end we got a 4 bed dorm without a window and very bad mattraces (I slept on the floor in the end because my back was aching a lot). Nice that we paid more than 50 euros per night for that romantic stay! There are just 2 bathrooms and plan some time to have a shower there

• 3rd Oct 2014

A bit loud from the outside but i guess that is everywhere in center of Madrid.

I can absolutely recommend this hostel, its location is excellent, furthermore I enjoyed the atmosphere very much, it's all like a big family and everyone gets to know each other very quickly!

Great hostel! It is small and have a family atmosphere. Alex, the owner, is a great guy, really sweet and helpfull.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Israel

It's not even a hotel..it's a joke...when I arrived there nobody answered the door or the phone number so I had to find a room somewhere else...my sugestion: stay away from Fun Sleep

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Romania

Very social hostel in excellent location. A bit dark and cramped, but decent beds and everyone was very considerate. I'd only wish the staff was around more often. Sometimes it felt more like living with friends in a student house than being in a professional hostel, but that obviously also has it charms. Good kitchen, simple breakfast, no lockers.

We stayed here for 3 nights and would say that it's best feature is the location which is very central and handy for reaching pretty much all the sites on foot. It is also relatively clean. What was a little uncomfortable was that there wasn't a lot of light and some rooms don't have windows. There were also no lockers and only some shelves which meant the room could get a little cramped.

Overall this hostel was good. However, there are no lockers and it is located in an apartment building so you have to be buzzed in if you don't have a key. I told Alex I would be arriving at a certain time, got to the hostel and stood outside for two hours because he 'wasn't able to get there at that time'. I talked to many other people who also waited outside for hours. Once you're inside it's good but only having reception half the time is a huge negative.

• 15th Sep 2014

Very good and beautiful decor but very hot inside... change that and its perfect!

Nice small hostel with "personality". Perfect for a weekend in Madrid with friends. Less so for couples. The only hitch in fact was that we were a couple and we were assigned to a room with 2 bunk beds!! Not the best for a romantic weekend away. But for the rest very nice stay.

Leverage! Room was big and comfortable. Only issue is the host only being available for short periods, so a lot of people arrived and had result around to be checked in.

• 4th Sep 2014