Fun Sleep Reviews

Calle Aduana 25, Madrid, Spain

Nice small hostel with "personality". Perfect for a weekend in Madrid with friends. Less so for couples. The only hitch in fact was that we were a couple and we were assigned to a room with 2 bunk beds!! Not the best for a romantic weekend away. But for the rest very nice stay.

Best place I've ever stayed within three years

The owner, Alex wasn't there when we stayed but he helped us a lot by phone. We stayed in an ensuite room and the bathroom was clean and it was big enough. Wifi works well and there is breakfast. Thank you Alex.

It was amazing! After have been in dorms for a while, it was very nice to be in a hostel that you feel like home. I was still in a dorms of 6 beds, but because it was in a house and because all the facilities were good, i feel I had a good rest and met nice people. I recommand it! I will be back.

Sleeping in this hostel is really fun. It is situated right in the centre of Madrid, near metro station Sevilla. The owner is very nice and very helpful. Hostel is not quite big, but atmosphere is very warm.

This was a super clean and friendly hostel. I felt very safe here and was very happy with everything. I met very nice people. The atmosphere was laid back and relaxed. It was like staying in a nice house and did NOT feel crowded or like a dorm.

• 17th Jul 2014

The guy who runs it is extremely nice and helpful. I accidentally booked the wrong night so when I showed up a day early, he found accommodation for me like it was no problem even though they were almost fully booked and I didn;t show up till around 1 AM. The way the hostel is set up is great for meeting people, and I very much enjoyed my (short) stay.

This could not be in a better location. Incredible hostel- would definitely stay again!

I stayed at Fun Sleep when Alex, the main guy, was on vacation so I think I experienced some negatives others may not have experienced (in general, the guests didn't really have a host, just a place to stay). Putting this minor problem aside, this is a great hostel. The atmosphere was fantastic and the location is perfect if you want to be in the middle of the tourist action. Hair dryer is a nice added touch. Rooms are spacious enough and the bed was super comfortable compared to most hostels.

Nice hostel in a nice location. We didnt have breakfast because it was nothing to take.

Fantastic location. So easy to walk to most of the major sites or catch the metro. Alex was very welcoming and helpful. The room was great with plenty of space and storage facilities. Really fast free wifi for a change too! Would definitely stay again if I return to madrid. Thanks Alex.

I would recommend Fun Sleep to anyone looking to stay in a convenient place, no luxury but everything you need, very secure and in an unbeatable location. Staff is very friendly and helpful, always available and interested. I will stay again!

• 17th May 2014
  • Puerto Rico

This is a shared apartment but very clean. Alex and Jesus were amazing and extremely helpful at answering all of our questions. We stayed in a private room (there are two bathrooms to share with everyone). My only true complaint was that our room was over an extremely noisy street. We could hear people partying until 6am (it was on a weekend and after a big soccer victory). However, it was extremely accessible and easy to find.

A great hostel! First, the location: just next to Puerta del Sol, the center of Madrid! It is a nice, small hostel (definitely not a party hostel) and you feel right at home there from the first moment. The rooms are quite big, there are several bathrooms and a small kitchen with a dining room. The staff was really helpful and friendly and made you feel like family!

Great place, great location. Alex was a phenomenal host. Would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Madrid

Even though Fun Sleep didn't have many reviews I made a reservation. The few were encouraging. My stay was very short, but it was great! I wished I had stayed longer for the hostel was excellent and the people were so nice to talk to. I felt quite at home. Great atmosphere, great facilities, close to Puerta del Sol but in a quiet street and building. Might be a bit tricky to check in at late hours, but Alex will arrange something, for sure. Don't hesitate!!!

This hostel is run by one person, who is rarely on the premise. This raises security and safety concerns, and also makes it incredibly difficult to check-in. I personally had to let in and welcome several guests, others were left waiting on the street or in a nearby pub for hours. The set-up does make it very easy to make friends. However the facilities weren't as clean as they could be, one of the two showers was broken, and our room didn't even have a window.

This was an incredible place to stay! So warm and inviting, it felt just like home. :) I ish I could have stayed longer! Thank you.

Fun sleep is more like a family house, the atmosphere is just awesome because Alex made us fell like home. The room that I slept was very nice, big and very comfortable. I have nothing to complain about this hostel, if I come back to Madrid, I'm sure that I will stay there again!

I only stayed one night but I would definitely come again! The owner is very nice and accommodating and helped me check in even when I arrived late and he had to be somewhere else. I had a great time here!

• 8th Apr 2014