Fun Sleep Reviews

Calle Aduana 25, Madrid, Spain

The hostel was just fine. It was nothing special, but it got the job done. I stayed in a private four bed room and there was plenty of room. Although it did not have air conditioning, the heat was bearable in the middle of august. We had to wait at the door on the street for several minutes waiting for a worker to arrive to let us in. It seemed to be a little unorganized with the work schedule and documentation, but overall it was a good hostel.

The atmosphere was interesting since it was in an actual apartment, but it was a really nice space.

This is not really a hostel, more of an air bnb. If you want a place to party at then this isn't for you. However the staff were great and it was a very relaxed environment. We could check out at any time and the free breakfast was available til past midday. They don't have lockers for your valuables though so bring a lock to lock your bag up.

Great hostel, clean tidy and interesting. Shame about the lack of the free breakfast (I know its free but there wasn't any)

• 25th Jul 2015

I think we were quite spoilt after staying in The Hat hostel in Madrid. This place did not have anywhere secure for storing backpacks which was concerning. Overall it was fine for a night's sleep. We only stayed there one night. The lady who welcomed me did not give me correct change and I had to ask for the right change. Would double check what you are given. The price was fine and location is central to everything which is great. They do provide breakfast and there is a kitchen available.

Great location, helpful staff, clean and a decent free breakfast.

Nice place close to sol. Stayed in a private 4 bed room. There was breakfast (bread, jam, cereal, milk..). It was hot outside but at least there was a small fan in the room.

Booked this hostel as it was affordable and the closest to the night airport bus. I was actually pleasantly surprised after reading other reviews. The owner is a bit of a legend, its a pretty chilled out place and the provide basic breakfast etc. Not 5* but for the price but I think it deserves a better wrap! Would stay again certainly, close to everything and perfect place for a cruisy backpacker. Isn;t easy to see on street, but all you need is the address... der!

The hostel is very good But there was no sign on the door outside , we were not sure the address was correct

• 11th Jul 2015

No one was there to check me in, there's no sign on the street, it's basically a single apartment with a couple of bunk beds. Good for a 1 nighter but that's about it

The hostel was nice. Alex, one of the staffers, was very friendly and helpful and gave me a key so I could come and go as I pleased, along with a tutorial on how to open the tricky front door. He also dug out a city map for me and showed me where to find the airport bus, which I really appreciated. There were no lockers to put my valuables in, so I docked points for security, but the ambiance was nice and I met some cool people in the common space. I appreciated that there was a kitchen.

• 27th Jun 2015

It's a very nice hostal with an excellent location, alex makes you feel like home. The breakfast could be a little bit better but except for that everything is excellent.

I couldn't sleep in the room it was to hot and humid. No air circulation made the room smell bad and also there weren't enough sockets to be able to plug your things over night. Other than that the owner was very nice and helpful replying back to my emails and on the phone. I appreciated that.

• 24th Jun 2015

I emailed the owner directly at what time I would arrive. Never got an answer. I rang the doorbell for a while. Nobody answered. Luckily, someone had been coming out of the building as I was entering and let me into the hostel. She told me that the same thing happened to her. No staff was there at all. The phone numbers of the staff written on the wall do not work. I think I stayed there for free. Literally anyone can walk in there for free and stay for the night - I guess that's a plus

• 21st Jun 2015

Make sure you contact the owner for check in. It's not the easiest hostel to find(there is no sign on the street and looks like a normal flat from the outside). We were let in by other guest and had to wait for the owner to check in. But after check in it was a pleasant experience. I would recommend to friend!

No lockers. Breakfast is good, but staff might try to charge you extra for it. Right outside sol metro station.

The hosts, Alex and Tony, they were really nice guys!

I had a really great stay. The owner is very personable, helpful, and willing to accommodate to your needs. He truly cares about his facility and each person staying there. Really great experience, would most definitely return!

Excellent space in a great location. Fast wifi, free breakfast, spacious rooms with large bathrooms, comfortable beds. Not a single complaint about this place, would recommend to anyone.

I really stay: Very clean hostel, great bathrooms, friendly hosts, cosy atmosphere. There were some lockers in the livingroom and the hostel seems to be safe, but lockers in the room would be optimal. Anyway I absolutely recommend this hostel! Thanks !