Fun Taipei Hostel Reviews

No.5, Xiaobei Street, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan

The 6-bed female dorm type room we stayed in has modest but good facilities. There are also lockers where we can stash our valuables. There is no elevator and the stairs may be quite steep/ high for some, but it did not bother us at all.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

5호점에 머물렀는데 여기는 스린역 2번출구에서 가깝더군요..처음에 그것때문에 숙소 찾는데 힘들었던것빼고는 정말 좋았어요^^ 숙소 매니져분이 한국분이셔서 의사소통에 전혀문제가없었던것도 물론 좋았습니다. 추천할께용^^

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Was informed by staff that hostel provides light breakfast but was not available. No big deal but we had to wake up early for the airpory and was hoping for something to hang us over until the airport. Overall good stay

Very cozy here! You can see how clean it is when you enter the room and the general ambiance is friendly. I like the decoration and how the interior is set out. One minus thing is that there is no sign for hostel. You have to pay attention to look for it. And the stairs are very steep.

it is a smart choice if you choose fun hostel

• 21st Jul 2014
  • China

Cozy and comfortable room, nice staff, relaxing atmosphere. I'm impressed. Highly recommended .

• 16th Jul 2014
  • China

Alice was very helpful and warmhearted. The location was good. It was near the subway and food market. I like it very much.

Nice and friendly managers and boss. Good location with the night market! (y)

The sleeping rooms should not be next to the common area and neither should the loud soccer game machine. People were making loud noise until 5.00am and we could not sleep. Ended up ringing the manager. They have rules saying minimal noise after 12.00 but they dont enforce it. We got an apology but no compensation what so ever such as a free upgrade to private room and we left a day early.

Literally everything about this Hostel was above and beyond. BIG THANKS TO ALICE for being so hospitable and welcoming as well as flexible about me extending on such short notice. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a hostel. AMAAAAZING people stayed there. You know who you guys are, legendary 3 nights. Hit up the night market and then drink!

Great location. Staff was great. Would recommend place to others.

• 1st Jul 2014

clean and nice hostel, the staff were very friendly

Nice place, Alice is very helpful. Nice common are with TV/Beamer, PC. The room was a little small and had no window. But the location is great, 3min to the metro. Would come back here.

First time I was embarrassed. because when I got that address, i couldn't find that hostel. because this hostel is on 2nd floor. No any sign.. But I was satisfied with all of this hostel except bed. bed is too soft for me.

The name of this place holds true. The people were friendly and the staff were very accommodating. It is also in a fantastic location, right next to the Shilin night market, an MRT stop, and a two minute walk away from the famous Modern Toilet restaurant. Be forewarned though that there is no elevator in this hostel and lots of stairs. My only complaint was that the doors are thin. I could easily hear the noise from the common rooms, but some good earplugs should solve that.

Excellant Hostel! Great atmosphere and very helpful staff. Plenty of space to relax, chat and get to meet new people. The rooms give plenty of space and security. The free little breakfast is a nice addition.

Fun Taipei Hostel sets the standard for affordable accommodation in Taipei. This is simply how every hostel should be like. It is located very convenient near the Shilin MRT station and Night market. The rooms are air-conditioned, cleaned daily and every bed has its own power plug. There is breakfast every morning, fast internet and an iMac readily available for you. The manager Alice is the best, she runs the place like clockwork!!! Look no further, Fun Taipei Hostel is the cream of the crop!

This is probably the best hostel in Taipei. It's only about 5 mins of walk from shilin station and shilin night market. The facilities are complete, and the people are friendly. The desk lady is a Korean girl, she's sooo cute. The only bad thing is that I lost my swim shorts and the blue bag with it. But that's not really the hostel's fault since I believe some guest took it.

The staff of the hostel - alice is very nice. It provide a very comfortable area for people to chat :D

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The environment is great and people are friendly. The common area is nice for getting to know others, but the rug under the table should be replaced as my friend and I got bitten by tiny insects after sitting directly on the rug.

• 15th Jun 2014