Fundalucia Reviews

Barrio Alto 18, Quentar, Granada, Spain

The best things about this hostel are the terrace and the kitchen. Kitchen is fully equipped with all the gear you need, but also with herbs/oils/vinaigrettes etc that you can use for free. The location with respect to the Sierra Nevada/Granada/Alhambra are great. We really enjoyed the hospitality of the owner/staff/volunteers that keep the hostel neat and well maintained. It was a very pleasant stay! We highly recommend this place to people who want a relaxation spot during an active holiday.

• 1st Feb 2016

A great escape from traveling through cities. Staff are friendly and the atmosphere is great. Gorgeous views. A great addition to my trip. Need more clear directions from bus stop to hostel.

This hostel is not in the main city area, but if you're okay with this then you cannot stay anywhere else! It was fully equipt and the staff were amazing, but the true value is in the location. A really amazing place.

Set in a tiny village perched overlooking a valley, Fundalucia is a great place to get away from the main tourist track. Plenty of hiking options or just take a stroll around the quaint little town of Quentar. Fundalucia is not a youth hostel it seems to be the second house of the friendly owner with all the best and clean amenities of home it is an awesome place to relax.

The house is beautiful, comfortable, good for taking the chance to rest, think, write and read. I took a walk through the mountains full of olives having the scene of Sierra Nevada, barely snowed this year, oh climate change! Axel is helpful and spent time with me making sure I had a good time. Getting the hostel is hard, more if it Sunday or a festival day. Streets are narrow and sloping.

Absolutely what I was looking and hoping for. I had the best time because it was tucked away in a quaint community, away from hustle and bustle, and was so peaceful. The staff were more than friendly and helpful, and were fun to talk with. Very spacious with a beautiful sitting area out front with a great view. Awesome walks close by all around the area. I am planning to come back!

• 28th Oct 2015

Of all the five hostels I stayed during my time in Spain this is the one worth mentioning for all the right reasons. A beautiful, clean, homely and welcoming guest house. What a joy to stay there. Axel, the manager was so helpful on our arrival and spent all the time with us we needed to settle in and ask questions. The place is spotless and has all amenities you need. There are beautiful hikes around and the city of Granada is a bus ride away. I will return here! thank you.

• 19th Oct 2015

Was great, terrific location up in the mountains, was really relaxing and I was able to do a bit of hiking whilst I was there. Great break from staying in cities!

• 16th Oct 2015

Great place to stay, walking tracks, small village & relaxing atmosphere

The town has narrow streets so beware if your car is very wide. The owner seemed awesome and could speak at least Spanish, German and English. Awesome facilities: nice kitchen, patio, etc. Maybe could do with another bathroom. He sells food cheaply in the hostel. You can enjoy nice drives round there.

The host is great and super helpful. The place is super clean and it has the most amazing view of the mountains. The hostel is located in a little village called Quentar, super cute and cozy! We had a great and relaxing time away from touristing :)

The minute I walked into this hostel I immediately fell in love! it was a true pleasure staying at Fundalucia. The atmosphere was very friendly and warm. Staff and guests cooked together and hung out by the pool. I immediately got to know the people sating at the hostel and we spent every night drinking tea and laughing until late. The bed were very comfortable, the pool was nice and the garden + sun deck just perfect. The scenery with the mountains was breathtaking. I will definitely come back!

Perfect place if you want to chill out, relax and get away from the hustle and bustle. The place is fully equipped with a kitchen and items you can buy but I would recommend grocery shop in Granada before you go! If you do the lake hike when you start out on the road don't turn right before the bend onto a tiny dirt track! You will get lost! Wait till you see a red dot and then 'veer' right onto a medium sized dirt track :)

Stayed there twice now, it's still a great place to relax and converse with the hosts. They hold great chats and are always up for a hike. We also rented the kayaks while we were there and it was one of the nicest expierences i've had.

Like all comments, it's hard to find, our taxi didn't even have a clue. They really need to at least put a sign on the door. Is more of an apartment block, times when there are no staff in the building, but we loved it. Hang out on the terrace, no party atmosphere, really chilled. Paid for a private with ensuit, gave us no ensuit, but after a bit of convincing they gave us the appropriate refund. Would stay again.

I am not sure if you don't mix us up with another place where you stayed. You stayed at a little idependant house with its own bathroom. I do not know anything about refund. Our house is not look like an appartmnt block. We have a big sign at our door... Please check if this comment and score maybe belong to a different place.

best hostel i've been, they made the place feel so warn i didn't want to leave, the mountain view is spectacular If you want to rest from your travels this is the place for you but if you want to hike it's also the place, the lake is gorgeous.

View all Granada Bed and Breakfasts