Fundalucia Reviews

Barrio Alto 18, Quentar, Granada, Spain

Room two had bed bugs. Got a refund, hopefully they take care of it before it spreads to other rooms and guests

• 18th Jul 2014

We loves our stay at fundalucia! It was the mountain escape we needed tore lax and regroup before continuing our travels. We took in the landscape, used the pool, and hiked up to the lake. It was easy to get to and you didn't need to go anywhere else once you arrived! We would recommend!

Loved our stay here! If we could have we would have never left! Thanks to axel and the rest of the staff for making our stay so enjoyable and relaxing- such an amazing location and we miss the lake already! Definetly worth a visit!

• 9th Jul 2014

The place was very tidy and clean, which was excellent. The location, however, is on top of a steep and narrow street. If you are not used to driving in such conditions, it may be difficult for you as it was for me. My daughter and I got lost in the town but the locals are so kind and walked us all the way to the front door of the hostel. Overall, a nice place in a small village with rest views.

mind blowing, alex and thomas (afandi) were really interesting people to meet! if you love nature and culture,hiking, stargazing or kayaking, this is the place for you!

Stunning mountain retreat! Fantastic value for money, helpful, approachable, accommodating yet unobtrusive hosts. Feels like a home away from home, yet better!! A shangri la, escape, somewhere where we'll always look back on with a great fondness and will dream about returning to.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This hostel was more of a guest house. It is a half hour bus from Granada in a little village in the hills. Not much happens in the village. Really lovely plave to stay if you want to be out of the city, awesome kitchen and the facilities are great. I'd recommend it if that sounds like your thing.

Although it was a very short stay we had a great time at this very quiet and relaxed hostel. The walk up to the lake through olive groves was beautiful and well worth it. Staff at the hostel were also very friendly, welcoming and happy to chat. Would definitely recommend.

• 30th May 2014
  • Wales

The hostel has an amazing view from the patio, and the hike up to the lake was great. Don't miss out. It is a 20 minute bus ride outside of Granada followed by a 10 minute walk, but we had no problems finding the place.

Great stay: very clean, very nice and helpful staff.

• 28th Apr 2014

It was great staying in fundalucia, it is hard to get to the hostel even with a GPS, but the staff usually will help you out. Quentar is a nice village with a great view of sierra nevada mountains. The rooms and toilets are really clean, usually you dont find that in Spanish hostels.

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed in! Situated in a lovely mountain village near Granada, Fundalucia offers a welcoming haven from the city. Still, you can reach Granada center via two different busses. However, when staying in Fundalucia you should enjoy the surrounding nature which is just awesome! We went kayaking in the nearby lake (you can rent the kayaks in the hostel) and hiking in the mountains. The owner is helpful in every way and everything is clean! Highly recommendable!!!

If you like nature you're absolutely in the right place! We had an awesome time, great hikes, beautiful landscape and time to relax and enjoy... The hostal is so sweet with great staff and you'll have a great time

The best place to stay near Granada, if you like nature and nice people. The connection to Granada is great and you have everything you need in the small village of Quentar. The hostel is one o the most beautiful hostels I have ever seen. Thank you very much Axel for your hospitality!

beautiful place! nice and quiet and super relaxed very nice atmosphere, also due to the host, and amazing view and surroundings. (30 min from Granada, easy doable by bus)

This hostel looks more like home. The staff very friendly and helpful. We will recommend this hostel for people who want to stay in quiet place.

I was looking for a cheap hostel where to spend a night, but when I came there I found myself in an incredible guest house. The recepcionist was very nice, the hostel was very clean. The only problem I found was the location, it´s difficult to find it but they send you an email with some indications before your arriving.

I've been traveling for 5 months and this is the best hostel I stayed at. It is the perfect place to relax/read/cook food/watch movies and just take it easy. Everyday I took a hike and then spent the rest of the time chatting with the other guests or reading by the fire. The lunches are delicious esp. For vegetarians and the hostel has a bunch of snacks for cheep. I've never been so relaxed and hope to go back soon!

I loved this place but be warned IT IS NOT IN GRENADA. It's in a very small town about half an hour from Grenada. We didn't realise when we booked but were pleasantly surprised. Very cosy and the owner and volunteers are incredibly warm and friendly. Stay if you're looking for a quiet getaway.

View all Granada Bed and Breakfasts