Funk Lounge Reviews

Rendićeva 28b, Zagreb, Croatia

We booked a deluxe double room and had a 4 bed bunk room, there were no other guests with us which was good but felt we were on the wrong room. It's not far to the centre which was good. The reception was 24/7 but there was never anyone sat there you had to press a bell and then I was greeted by someone shouting over the balcony like I was an inconvenience when I was trying to pay.

Lovely hostel. The staff is perfect, very helpful and nice people working there. They also have a decent restaurant with low prices and good cuisine. If I have to pass through Zagreb, again I wouldnt hesitate to go to Funk Lounge again.

Great place! A definite recommendation to everyone!

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

Good hostel for its money, rooms were hotel-like with comfy beds and ensuite bathrooms even in the cheaper rooms. If you're looking for a chilled hostel this is the one but not so much if you're looking for a party hostel. Staff were very friendly, also has a kitchen with an oven which is good unlike most hostels. I liked the hammocks. Wifi needs to be sorted slightly as it keeps cutting out but other than that it was very good.

I have stayed in hostels all over Europe and Funk Lounge was the dirtiest, least friendly and by far the worst experience I have had. The rooms are dirty, the bathroom are dirty, the kitchen is dirty and has nothing to cook with and the staff was not helpful at all.

• 14th Aug 2015

The hostel was very nice and welcoming. When i arrived there exhausted in the evening the receptionist (Ines was her name? I always forget the names lol) treated me well and i instantly felt like home. Bar was good with cheap prices and excellent music (variations of the basic radio tunes, reggae and electronic music). Id definetly recommend this place for anyone who pland to visit zagreb. Thumbs up funky people!!!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Finland

The hostel is style, young people and good vibes around, the reception are really welcome and informative, the hostel is tidy and clean, with good localization and good prices. I had an excellent time there. They have a bar what makes easy for who doest like to cook, supermarket just in front of the hostel and the bar is great if you would like to warm up and go out. I really recommend Funk Lounge and if I back to Zagreb I will back to the hostel. Thank you Guys for everything. Maiara Maçaneiro.

• 10th Aug 2015

Only stayed one night so difficult to have a good idea of the place. However the hostel was clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. Location was just a tram distance but the tram could sometimes not come for a good 10 minutes. However if you are going to Croatia you really only need a couple of nights in Zagreb and then head to the coast! This hostel is perfect for this kind of trip and the female member of staff was very helpful in advising us on the next part of our trip in Croatia.

Good hostel with an awesome staff. A little far from everything, but still in a nice area.

Didn't stay long but a perfectly good stay in a cool hostel.

Really cute hostel. Amazing staff! Comfortable beds and the AC works :)

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • India

We booked this hostel last minute when our travel plans were screwed up. We stayed one night, but the staff were friendly, there were beds and a toilet. Not really much else you need for a hostel. It was all very clean, and they have their own bar/restaurant which was fairly cheap. Nice to see individual lockers in your room, saved a lot of effort. Would definitely stay here again.

• 29th Jul 2015

This place was literally like home! Welcomed by a great team of staff, the atmosphere was so chilled we spent two days literally relaxing and taking a break from travelling! Wifi worked well sometimes in our room as well! Kitchen was brilliant and super clean. Rooms were lovely and shower was warm. Bar area was dead when we were there so not much socialising but overall I fab place! The staff really were great and helped answer every question!

Nice hosts and very accommodating and friendly. No real common areas or social feel to the place but great for stop overs. 20 min walk to main areas of city.

I had a good rest in this hostel. Great staff, great music, great dorm bed and air conditioner. Rooms are not too small. Loved to lay in the hamaks and chill.

Nice hostel with great couches and hammocks to chill out. Only bad thing about my stay was a class of noisy school kids who arrived on my second night. They occupied all common areas and were really loud, even though the staff repeatedly asked them to be quieter. The chilled atmosphere was gone for the rest of my stay. Maybe an age restriction should be considered, or not accepting large groups.

The hostel was very good, you can notice that they are constantly doing an effort to be better, the bar restaurant is a good option when you are getting there tired and you don't want to move far. About the location, is not the best because is not in the downtown but you can easily take a tram or even you can walk there, so it's ok.

This is the second time I've stayed here and it was excellent again. Staff are amazing and available whenever you need them, facilities are top notch and the drinks are always tasty. Great location - not too far out of the centar and have access to metro lines to and from the train station and the centar. 10/10 would hostel again.

• 19th Jul 2015

The staff at this was the best I have ever encountered was a bit far from the city. My one was that the air was not to allow a good rest. It was hot and it made it unpleasant

We really enjoyed our stay at funk lounge! The staff were so friendly and helpful. We were given free shots on arrival at the bar attached to the hostel. The place was really clean and fresh and the rooms were really nice. The only down side to the place was that the air con was really poor and the windows were huge so it was really hot in the night. The beds however, were comfy. It was a little out from the centre of town too but everything was easily reachable by tram or 30 min walk.

« first « Prev 1 2 3