Funk Lounge Reviews

Rendićeva 28b, Zagreb, Croatia

Sweet new up and coming hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. We managed to snap the key off in the main door locking everyone in and out but without fuss the owners changed the lock and did not take the matter any further which was really nice. They offered advice and help in exploring the town and booking tours. Would recommend this hostel as a place to relax and get some R&R after partying at nearby hotspots.

An amazing place to stay! Location is a bit outside the City center, but It's not a problem at all because of the 24/7 trams 1min walk away from the hostel. Staff's nice! Excellent place for meeting new people. Cozy atmosphere. Great beds. All in all a great place to stay. I can really recommend this place, both for solo-travellers and groups. I'm definately gonna stay there the next time I'm in Zagreb :)

We enjoyed our stay at funk, the rooms and layout are clean and modern. It has it's own bar and restaurant next door to the hostel. If you want to experience the night life they're more than willing to show you! A little far from centre of the city but easily accessible through the trams.

I can 100% say that this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in and I was almost sad to leave. Thank you again!

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff were incredibly helpful in arranging everything including rides out to Plitvice lakes and to their 2nd hostel near the lakes. The kitchen was well equipped and the rooms were clean and comfortable with big lockers. Location wasn't right in the centre but it was a super easy and cheap tram ride to everything!

Woos this was a great hostel! Especially for the staff who works there, Imes, Anja and Igor! You are the best!! So helpful and chill staff, you guys made the stay so much more! Gave help for anything I needed and recommended me so many nice things in the city. Totally worth staying here even though it is about 30 min walk to the main square.

I really enjoyed the two nights I spent here, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms were scarily clean, beds v comfortable and the en suite in the rooms was nice. Kitchen was good, chill out areas lovely. Thank you!

Lots of potential but not maintained or cleaned regularly

Someone stole our entire breakfast out of the fridge. Not much can be done about it. Just sucked

Was a great wee hostel with nice beds and the guy who greeted us and gave us most the info was sound as. They organised the plitvice lakes trip for us too which was definitely the best thing we saw in Croatia! Everything was good about the hostel, although I wouldn't get my laundry done there again as it took much longer than they said and some of it was shrunk.

The best hostel in Zagreb!!!

They have a 24-hour reception, which was good because we arrived in the middle of the night after big train delay. Location may not be the best, but there are 5 different train lines stopping (almost) in front of the hostel. The beds were really good.

Staff was amazing and incredibly helpful. Location was a bit far from the center and there was a problem with hot water. Still a good budget option if you don't mind a walk/tram to the center.

Great hostel. Big, not too noisy, not too far from city centre, with good facilities and very helpful staff.

I had a great stay at Funk Lounge whilst backpacking through Zagreb with my brother. Sure the hostel is located a short way out of the centre (a 10-15 min walk at most) but the staff were so helpful and were always keen to hand out free Rakia shot vouchers for the bar next door. The minibus transfer via Plitvice Lakes to either Zadar or Split was an added bonus for anyone wanting to explore the rest of Croatia. Thanks for the great memories guys. Cheers from me.

Awesome hostel. They have their own bar/restaurant next to it with decently cheap prices and good food and the hostel itself has everything you need (kitchen, comfy beds, wifi, maps, etc.). The staff is really cool and the value for money is great. The location is not bad and the atmosphere was fun, we got free shots because Croatia scored a goal in a world cup game. :) I would recommend this hostel to anyone going to Zagreb.

Excellent staff, incredibly helpful. Great hostel, facilities, atmosphere. Far from city center but tram stop is right outside the hostel on the street. Highly recommend, would stay here again.

We only stayed here one night but it was great. The location is easy to find and the staff were all friendly and helpful! If we ever find ourselves back here this is where we will stay!

This hostel is absolutely AMAZING!! One of the most beautiful hostel I ve been in my life: big rooms and dorms with big lockers and confortable beds. The kitchen and the common areas are so full of life and the design of all the places is just perfect. Super nice and available stuff, with free shots of rakja at everytime

No hot water, the tap didnt work and we didnt get our towels even though we asked many times. Otherwise it was a very nais place and beds were the best ever!!

• 4th Jun 2014