Funk Lounge Reviews

Rendićeva 28b, Zagreb, Croatia

The FUNK LOUNGE hostel is always one of my favourite hostels in Europe, clean,friendly and really fun if you have some time to kill. The place makes me smile. The bar is close and handy, with fantastic daily specials and most importantly cheap beer... I would recommend FUNK LOUNGE hostel to any traveller, passing though Zagreb Croatia.....

• 4th Feb 2016

Still the best hostel in the world. Clean and comfortable, great restaurant and bar, and the staff are absolutely amazing.

A decent place overall.

Very nice hostel, but it seemed very very far from the bus station. The staff were friendly and the dorm rooms were super nice. There were hammocks inside. I'm not really sure you can top that.

• 15th Dec 2015

Great staff! So willing to help with anything. Cool little hostel with a bar and restaurant. Close to the tram.

Wonderful staff, excellent vibe, great rooms, great food. Love this place can't wait to come back!

The best staff you could ever ask for. They are so friendly and welcoming it feels like home. Great for solo travelers and groups, you will not have an issue staying here. Rooms are large with attached bathrooms and you have many lounge areas and a large kitchen or attached restaurant. Don't worry about the location, everything in Zagreb is easy to get to by Tram and it is actually closer to some of Zagreb's main attractions. Thanks to the team at Funk 10/10 will be back!

Staff were lovely but our room smelt of cigarettes and cannabis

• 8th Sep 2015

I have been travelling Europe por two months and this is the best hostel where I have been so far.

Good staff. So so location, but after seeing the grey part of town this in, the old town looks extra beautiful! Bedding was a bit hard and worn out. Was slightly annoying that only one socket in the entire room worked. Fresh and vibrant feel to the place.

Really nice international hostel, very cheap and with many nice people. It's not exactly downtown but there's a direct 24h tramway which takes to the main square in only 10min so it's ok.

I don't know what can be done about it, but there was always a food smell around the rooms, which I don't like very much especially when I'm not hungry =) Also, there are some spots that are often ignored in daily cleanup. These need cleaning every now and then. (e.g. corners behind beds)

Pretty okay place. The staff was super friendly and helpful and kept giving me free shots. Location is not awesome, was like a 30 min walk to the center.

When I first walked through the door I was greeted by the most friendliest receptionist I have came across so far on my trip, she gave me and my friends a full your around the hostel, introduced us to people in the chill out room and then handed us a load of info about the city and which clubs to go to (free shot vouchers) The room was amazing, comfy beds, nice bathroom, air conditioning. There is a restaurant next door owned by the hostel which serves great food and a lot of veggy option

• 2nd Sep 2015

We booked a deluxe double room and had a 4 bed bunk room, there were no other guests with us which was good but felt we were on the wrong room. It's not far to the centre which was good. The reception was 24/7 but there was never anyone sat there you had to press a bell and then I was greeted by someone shouting over the balcony like I was an inconvenience when I was trying to pay.

we also got 2 days for free trading for work. first day was excellent second not so good. we had a money issue and the bank stole 1000 kunas from me. night shift people said we could stay but morning staff was upset anyway. double signals. its wasnt in the best mode we left. but anyway will still recommend it. peace

Great hostel, nice staff and clean rooms.

Lovely hostel. The staff is perfect, very helpful and nice people working there. They also have a decent restaurant with low prices and good cuisine. If I have to pass through Zagreb, again I wouldnt hesitate to go to Funk Lounge again.

Great place! A definite recommendation to everyone!

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

The staff was wicked friendly! Went above and beyond! Top two hostels I have stayed at