Funky Cordoba Reviews

Calle Lucano, 12, Cordoba, Andalucia, Spain

I enjoyed my stay - but I´m afraid there were bugs. At least, I came away with what sure look like bug bites. I´ll survive! but I thought you should know. I was in a different bed each night, so I don´t know which one it was. Security: I have a lock, but there was nothing to use it on.

Woke up COVERED in flea bites (i know)! Rooms were full so i went to sleep at the reception couch the next night. Pretty much ruined my time in cordoba. Rooms a bit small, bath tub was leaking so everytime someone took a bath the bathroom floor got soaked. On the upside, the staff really nice (hence i almost feel bad for writing this review). The one guy at reception apologized for the flea incident and even went to buy me something to stop the iching. But obviously would never stay there again!

• 13th Apr 2014

Lots of character, a bit ramshackled but an excellent location and the staff were fantastic. It's no Hilton but it certainly did the job

Hostal Funky is a great place to stay, it has a good location and the service was excellent! Once in Cordoba again, we will definately come back!

• 28th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my time in Cordoba and found Funky Cordoba a fun place to be and excellent value for money. I could have no trouble recommending it to anyone wanting to stay in Cordoba. My one problem was with the shower. As a result of insufficient screening I got water all over the floor of the bathroom and had to mop it up with towels and a mop from the reception desk. As a vegeterian I found that the tapas in the bar and the breakfast food were pork a bit distressing.

Hello, we are working to fix the problems, thanks for the review. We apologize because of the shower and the food, we are improving the tapas bar. We hope you return someday and stay with us again. Take care, thanks, enjoy!

An enjoyable stay with friendly staff.

Hostel is located close to the old town. Room was ok. Private bathroom is really small. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchen was a downgrader (very small, no place to sit, poorly equipped).

The great location and good staff, but crapy kitchens facilities and the computer was not working properly. The balcony could have been cleaned and good for relaxing. You have to go 3 floors up to the kitchen and back two floors down and go up one floor to the most isolated part of the hostel to the female doorms. As a woman you definitely become discriminated in the Funcky hostels in Spain because they charge much more than mixed doorm

Hello , thanks for the comment. We are working to fix the problems. We agree with you , we apologize because of the kitchen facilities,computer and balcony(we hope you understand that it is under maintenance)The balcony is in the upper terrace ,the female dorm is in another little stairs,but in the old quarter there is no chance for having an elevator. The price in female dorm is higher because the room is smaller than the mixed dorms (the more beds in the room the lower price) Take care

great location, and very helpful friendly staff. got a good nights sleep, and stored bags for the day before heading out on a night time bus to Madrid.

• 11th Mar 2014

Hello, thanks for the comment .We hope you come back another time and stay here. Best regards Enjoy and take care

this hostel is in the center, very close to bus stop when you have to go to train station or bus station. good place to stay with nice, helpful staff, good food. the hostel has a bar in down stair, so make sure your room is not on the 1st floor because will be very noisy. the bathroom is too small. I stayed here in the early of March, it is cold at night and heater is not working. Lucky me, I was the only one in the room, so I can use 2 blankets from another bed. the kitchen is not clean.

Hello,thank you for the review, we are working for improving our facilities ,we apologize about the inconveniences. We hope to see you in the future,enjoy and take care.

We thank the staff for helping us and being very very nice! We'll recommend this hostel to others.

Hello,our aim is helping people, thanks for your review and for recommending us. We hope to see you again, enjoy and take care!

My experience here may not be the usual, perhaps just circumstance and bad luck. The day I arrived, the boiler went out for the hostel, so the showers ran nothing but a weak stream of ice-cold water. The rooms as well were freezing cold, with no option for heat besides foul-smelling, slightly damp, rough blankets. There were no lockers in my room, and no option for safe storage in the hostel to my knowledge. I'd imagine it would be a nicer place to stay in the summer - much warmer

Sorry, dear, about the boiler. Bad luck ! We have a free safe storage at the disposal of our guests.

A good hostel situated in a brilliant location pretty much directly below the Ahlambra. Not quite sure using the courtyard as the common area works in winter but it must be brilliant in summer. Only real problem was finding the right bus stop to get from the train station to the hostel... a little more clarity on that front wouldn't go amiss.

• 2nd Feb 2014

The toilet in the shower was quite difficult to manage and caused a lot of water to spread throughout the bathroom.

Hello Victoria, we apologize because of the toilet problems, we are working to fix it.Thank you for your review,we look forward seeing you again .Best wishes

The kitchen is poorly equipped and is quite small. Other than that, the others is good.

Very good localisation, easy to get there from the bus station and then to go down town. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The soundproofing is not excellent but it is OK for the price of the room.

Hello Thomas .Thank you for your review,we appreciate it,we look forward seeing you again

staff pusched us to use the bar, even for dinner and breakfast.several times. kitchen very small only 2 chairs

Sorry, dear, if we ask twice for the funky dinner. We try to create a good atmosphere for the guest and the dinner is a nice way to meet people and exchange experiences. But to ask is not to puch. Thank you in any case for your comment.

The first morning when i woke up, there was a lake under my bed. It had been raining along the wall, and everythind was wet. The staff knew the problem, and i got a new room. This room was with windows :) Next day a new couple got the room. The room is not good for the helth.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Liked : The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel' location very strategic, near almost all tourist attraction. Has all the basic things you need; free wifi, free use of desktop in front of kitchen and near the reception area, clean kitchen. Disliked: the room was cold even with heating system was on

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

The staff were very friendly and although there are no lockers in the rooms they put my belongings upstairs in a staff safe for me. We might just have been there at a bad time as they were doing renovations, but there was no atmosphere whatsoever. Great for a quick stopover to see the sights as its walking distance from everything, you get what you pay for.