Funky Cordoba Reviews

Calle Lucano, 12, Cordoba, Spain

2051 Total Reviews

Very nice location and friendly staff. Helped me out with printing my train ticket. Restaurant offers food from 8 in the morning, so it's perfect to get some breakfast before going to catch the free hour of the Mezquita. Lockers in the rooms would be nice though, things can go missing in case of inability to lock. Would definitely recommend it though due to the atmosphere in and outside of the hostel.

The staff was very nice and I was so happy with the map they gave me. With all these tips for good places to eat etc. But the hostel was very cold, luckily the heating in the room was working. One disadvantage of the room was that the door to the toilet and shower couldn't close, not very comfortable when you are sleeping in a shared room. Last but nog least, the food in the bar downstairs was very very good! :D

I booked here because the website said TV in every room, but when I got to my single room, there was no TV, and when I asked the staff about it, he said that only doubles and triples have TV in the rooms. So you should say that clearly on the website. When I told him this, he just said that I should watch the TV in the lobby.

I stayed in a private room for only 19 euros a night which is an excellent deal so I wasn't expecting much; however, my room was great with a comfortable double bed and private, the hostel is also right in the center of the city. I highly recommend Funky Cordoba.

I liked the staff of the hostel, they both were friendly and quite helpful. However, the matresses were uncomfortable. One of my friends said she expected more communication from the staff. "The toilet in the shower" is quite funny though uncomfortable idea. Anyway, I don't think I have overpaid for the hostel and I'm quite glad that I chosse to stay in "Funky Cordoba".

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Spain

An okay hostel for sleeping and leaving your stuff, but not a place you would want to hang out. The bar staff was very unwelcoming, they made you feel in the way more than anything. But the guy in the reception was super nice and allround awesome, and the other girls at the reception were really nice as well. During my stay there were almost no people, so there was a lot of space but it felt desolated and not so clean.

My 4 bed dorm room's toilet was INSIDE the shower. You could use both at the same time which was weird. The only real common area is the terrace which isn't ideal during winter time. Also the bunk beds were very creaky. Staff was nice but gave us some incorrect info about opening times of some places. Not a real social place but will do the trick for a night or two in Cordoba.

The staff was very welcoming and helpul. They the hostel owners could fix a bunch of issues. Yet, I knew that the price was dictating the accomedations. Nonetheless, it's Europe and standards could be meet. Thanks!!

The common room was a sofa in the entrance; not really a living/Common room. The kitchen is small and the table and chairs to sit and eat are on the terrace; this is fine in Hot weather but I was there in December and it was uncomfortable. The convectors with hot air in the rooms was noisy, and I guess noisy will be the cooling in the Summer I did not like the Artex finish of the walls and ceiling of the old building; it reminded me of some ugly council housing in London; damaged in the kitchen

Funky had a lovely welcoming reception, the staff were lovely. They gave us a lot of help finding places in the city and booking tours, it really made things easier. Our room was very functional, it had an ensuite bathroom. But everything felt a bit dark and cramped. Breakfast was not included, whereas other places of the same price in the city did include it. If you need a basic hostel, with no bells and whistles it works well, but if you like really clean and modern hostels its not for you

Thank you for your nice comment. Merry Christmas.

Excellent staff and friendly travellers, overall good vibe. They even have a cute rooftop!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked the hostel and the staff. Merry Christmas. Thank you.

Friendly staff, well located, but not a particularly social hostel. The safes were broken and there were no lockers, but there was an option to leave valuables in staff safe at the reception.

Funky Cordoba was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and it's in a great location. Close to literally everything worth seeing in Cordoba. If I go back to Cordoba, I wouldn't even consider looking for a different hostel. 4 stars from me!

• 27th Nov 2015

Little cold and very small room. But hot showers and nothing really to complain about!!!

This hostel advertises 24 hour reception on the website but it is actually closed between midnight and 8am. There were no lockers, which would have been fine but our safe deposit boxes did not work. The staff was really helpful and friendly and the terrace was a great place to hang out. Kitchen could have used a bit of work.

quite ok for only one night. nice staff and very good location.

The terrace need light, we all eat our dinner in the darkness. The kitchen need upgrading. It need a good kettle, some mugs etc....Also the baths are too small and very difficult to get a shower, as thus was very very small.

It was a true home away from home. Cozy and welcoming, you don't want to stay anywhere else when in Córdoba.

thank you very much for your nice comment, dear. We try that all our guests have a home away from home. See you again here or in other of our hostels : Granada, Fez, Tanger...

Well located, great and really helpful staff. Clean and well-kept kitchen and bathrooms.

Fantastic hotel with amazing staff. Very close to main attractions and city centre. Had a great time!

thank you very much for your rating. Try our other hostels in Granada, Fez and Tangier.