Funky Cordoba Reviews

Calle Lucano, 12, Cordoba, Spain

Great little place, fantastic staff!

• 8th May 2014

A nice stay, however not the best. The lockers were not in use and so to lock up your bags for the day one must track down a staff member. There is a kitchen with a nice rooftop patio but it is small and there weren't many plates or cutlery. Staff were helpful and friendly. Nice rooms and decoration and location.

Hi Emily,thanks a lot for your review,we are working to improve the kitchen and the lockers. Take care,see you soon,be happy

I've stayed at funky cordoba a number of times and it's I great choice mostly because of its excellent location and value. It's right in the middle of Córdoba by the river-front and near sights, music, and night-life AND a block away from the bus #3 which will take you pretty much anywhere you need to go that's a little far for walking (e.g. The train and bus stations, the stadium, etc.). Get the 'WUL4Bus Cordoba' mobile app for bus times, etc. The staff are also relaxed and friendly.

• 8th May 2014

Hello Clarke, thanks for your comment, we hope you come back here soon. Enjoy and take care

the staff was lovely, and you couldn't ask for a better location! the rooms are not very very clean though, and the bathrooms are tiny! however i think the kitchen and terrace make up for it. it was a good experience overall :)

Hello Catalina, thanks for your review, we are working to improve the rooms. we hope you return here soon. Enjoy!

The staffs were really friendly. My problem was the small size of the room.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

hello, thanks for your review, we hope you stay with us again. take care, enjoy

The location is fine and the staff is so friendly.

hello, thanks for your review. enjoy ,take care ,and we hope you return here soon.

not a great hostel. tiny, uncomfortable bathroom. if you are over 6 feet tall there's no way you can sit down on the toilet, the wall is too close. no hand soap either. beds are not great. hostel is located to a nearby club so it can be pretty noisy at night. no free breakfast, no lockers, and the security boxes were located so inconveniently that they were effectively useless. really nice staff and terrace though. i was fine though, i make it sound worse than it was.

Hello, sorry about the inconveniences, we apologize deeply about the bathroom and the noise ( we hope you comprehend that we can not do anymore bot that) we are working to improve the rest, thanks for your review enjoy and take care

When I arrived they asked if it was okay to switch me into an all female dorm instead of staying in a mixed dorm, so I said yes, no problem. Then when I got in to my room later in the evening I realised they put a cot in there and made it really squished in the whole place so they could take another person in my original spot. The doors were right next to my bed- hitting my bed if you opened it all the way. I didn't have space to hang my things. The roof was metal and it was so loud in the rain!

SUPER! We are very satisfied. Double room has its own bathroom and 2 upstairs while kitchen with balcony. In the city center, and friendly staff. Thank you

hello, thanks a lot for your great review, we want to see you again here. Enjoy. and take care

This hostel is a little older and the only minor complaint is that the WC was very small. The staff is friendly and the hostel is very central.

hello , thanks a lot for your review, we are working to improve the hostel. take care, cheers

Excellent location. The room was ok. The hostel has a very nice terrace.

Hello, thanks for your review, we hope you stay with us again soon. cheers

I enjoyed my stay - but I´m afraid there were bugs. At least, I came away with what sure look like bug bites. I´ll survive! but I thought you should know. I was in a different bed each night, so I don´t know which one it was. Security: I have a lock, but there was nothing to use it on.

Woke up COVERED in flea bites (i know)! Rooms were full so i went to sleep at the reception couch the next night. Pretty much ruined my time in cordoba. Rooms a bit small, bath tub was leaking so everytime someone took a bath the bathroom floor got soaked. On the upside, the staff really nice (hence i almost feel bad for writing this review). The one guy at reception apologized for the flea incident and even went to buy me something to stop the iching. But obviously would never stay there again!

Great location in the centre. The stop for buses to and from the main station is literally around the corner. We really enjoyed the beautifully furnished room. Also, the staff was very helpful. Would definitely reccomend this hostel to everyone visiting Cordoba!

Hello, thanks for your review, we appreciate your comment. Take care,we hope to see you here again soon. THANKS

Lots of character, a bit ramshackled but an excellent location and the staff were fantastic. It's no Hilton but it certainly did the job

Hello, thanks for your review,we are working to improve our hostel. We hope to see you here again . Take care

nice place for vacation! love it near the la rivera

Hostal Funky is a great place to stay, it has a good location and the service was excellent! Once in Cordoba again, we will definately come back!

• 28th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my time in Cordoba and found Funky Cordoba a fun place to be and excellent value for money. I could have no trouble recommending it to anyone wanting to stay in Cordoba. My one problem was with the shower. As a result of insufficient screening I got water all over the floor of the bathroom and had to mop it up with towels and a mop from the reception desk. As a vegeterian I found that the tapas in the bar and the breakfast food were pork a bit distressing.

Hello, we are working to fix the problems, thanks for the review. We apologize because of the shower and the food, we are improving the tapas bar. We hope you return someday and stay with us again. Take care, thanks, enjoy!

An enjoyable stay with friendly staff.

Hostel is located close to the old town. Room was ok. Private bathroom is really small. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchen was a downgrader (very small, no place to sit, poorly equipped).