• 60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

8.7
Fabulous 1,316 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,316 Total Reviews
Funky Fes Located at 60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, , Fez.
Morocco
Fez Morocco Morocco 60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina
87% 1316
34.0579749 -4.9742102
    Rooms available

25th Nov 2016

Lovely staff, great food, beautiful building

18th Nov 2016

Great staff, super helpful and a fun place to hang out. Cool rooftop patio with a great view. Highly recommend

13th Nov 2016

Make sure that you get the right CHANGE after paying for accommodation.

10th Nov 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Yahya was so friendly and really funny, terrible at arm wrestling though. The meals in the evening are fantastic so don't worry about finding a place to go when you get hungry. The rooms are nice with comfy beds, it does get a little bit cold at night but the blankets were plenty thick for me. I also really recommend the walking tour, the guide really knows his stuff and is super helpful and friendly. I'll definitely be coming back here next time!

• USA, Male, 25-30
30th Oct 2016
4.0

Never in the 3 years have I experienced a hostel employee to blatantly lie to my face. This lady receptionist was supposed to give me back 45 Durhams back. She hands me 9 coins. The coins clearly says 1 on them so I mentioned it to her. She replies that each one is worth 5. And proceeded to count the coins again and hands them back to me. Fast forward the following morning while I tried to pay the taxi. He tells me that I owe him more money, that I handed him 4 Durhams not 20. Be weary of the lady

3rd Oct 2016

They kindly arranged for me a taxi pickup from the airport, which made it easy for me. The fixed fares for the Grand Taxi is 200 Dirhams at night or 150 during the day. Split in two if you're two, three if you're three, etc. The hostel is clean (especially for Moroccan standards), the food is amazing and the staff friendly. It's a great base to explore the beautiful Medina of Fès. Petits Taxis can be found not too far from Funky Fez. Careful with the taxi drivers, they like to rip tourits off.

27th Sep 2016

It was a great hostel to introduce me to Morocco. Don't forget to sign up for the free walking tour and also for the amazing couscous. The staff has always been friendly to me; I got a bit sick from food on my third day and they helped me recover quickly. The hostel is clean, and it has a good atmosphere. You might find the breakfast simple, but I found it tasty and nourishing.

25th Sep 2016

I have stayed in many hostels around the world. Morocco is my 54th country. I can compare and appreciate my stay at Funky Fès. The staff and the owner are so welcoming, helping, and genuinely nice. I left that hostel with sadness, I could have stayed there much longer. Thanks to all of you for having made my life richer. Aurevoir,Inshallah. Pierre Le Québécois.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016
6.9

The staff made me feel like I was intruding on the lifestyle. I didn't feel as Hough I could ask basic questions and when I did the answers were hardly delieverd. The building is beautiful. I read a sign on 'how not to get ripped off' which was hanging next to The reception and I thought it was insulting to the local people. You must be aware when in the streets in Fes, like many places in Morocco, but I find it much more rewarding when I smile and politely decline false guides.

19th Sep 2016

Didn't have that "hostel feeling", more like a cheap hotel. However, the staff were friendly and the location was convenient. En suite bathrooms were a pleasant surprise.