Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

The hostel was clean and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable and there was hot water. The staff were nice and helpful but really liked to push their tours and opinions. We had already booked a tour and they told us it was too expensive and then even told the tour guide, when he arrived at the hostel, that we weren't there. Anytime we asked about bus times or fez advice they tried to talk us into doing one of their tours. This was weird but otherwise good stay!

Staff are somewhat impersonal but still quite helpful. The kitchen is so poorly equipped that it's more or less useless. Nice terrace... everything is clean.

After a negative start, I ended up staying an extra night. The staff were very helpful in helping me plan my day and I felt very safe and secure with the addition of strong lockers in the rooms. Breakfast was nice and varied and Wifi was reliable. Would recommend.

Very nice hostel and friendly staff! I liked the hostel. I just have one small recommendation. The last time I was in Marocco I had for breakfast the Maroccan pancakes which I enjoyed very much, because this is typically Maroccan and something you don't eat at home. So I would prefer to have a wole one instead of small pieces and instead of cake.

I really enjoyed the staying with all the staff in funky fes so I came back again,no doubt next time when I'm in Fez I'll be here again.

Good location - within walking distance to the medina. The free breakfast is top notch - 3 types of Moroccan breads and fresh local fruit - and the lunch/dinner meals are also yummy. Decent common room so you can chat with other travellers.

Great hostel. Nice staf, lunch and dinner for good price-guality rate.

The rooms are big and spacious (especially the 8 bed dorm). The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was nice and lunch/dinner allright but a bit expensive compared to the size.

Brilliant hostel with very helpful staff. but the walking tour did turn into a bit of a shopping tour at overpriced vendors.

I spent 3 days at Funky Fes and had a great time. The atmosphere is so chill and it was a pleasure to meet everyone I met there! The staff were more than helpful and yea the beds were a little loud but the mattress was comfortable! The food they offer to cook your for dinner is great and just all around had an lovely time! Will for sure return.

magnificent Bimm SK Simeon

Nice rooftop terrace. The kitchen was tiny and there were hardly any pots, pans, cutlery which made it very difficult to cook. There were no keys to the rooms. Breakfast was ok.

Thank you for you review. There is a sign in the guest kitchen that you can borrow anything you need (pots, pans ...) from our private kitchen and there are lockers in the rooms where you can store you valuables. We hope to host you in the near future.

Nice hostel just a 10 minute walk from the medina. There is a big communal area and terrace to relax. They also serve meals at the hostel (european, moroccan, vegetarian). I had a vegetarian tagine with pasta salad, which was ok, but nothing special. The shared bathroom of the 10 bed mixed dorm was clean, as so was the bed and dormroom I stayed in. Lockers are available, there is a 24hrs reception, and staff is very helpful! Great place to meet other travellers and hang out!

The double room has an air conditioner - the remote to use it should be left in the room, otherwise it's not much use. Having to ask to have it switched on in the evening means it's too hot to sleep in until the early hours.

Had a great time at Funky Fes, it's a really good place to meet other travellers and to do stuff together! I liked the welcome board with the names of the new arrivals of the day :) If you arrive by bus (number 19) walk back to where the bus came from and then follow the hostels directions (I walked in the other direction and had trouble finding it). Terrace is great, too!

One of my favorite hostels in Morocco. Rooms are clean and bathrooms are spacious with working showers and hot water (which is difficult to find in Morocco). WiFi is also quick and reliable. Nice communal areas in the lobby and also 3 rooftop terraces - really great places to meet people. The location is average - about a 10-15 min walk to the main sights in the medina.

Positives: - feel safe in the area which is just on the edges of the medina - helpful owner who cares - nice rooftop terrace makes meeting people easy - clean rooms by any standard Improvements: - rooms often left open, lock up your valuables - noisy bunks wakes other guests Random: - get a 4-digit PIN for the bank card...only 1 of 5 ATMs in the area accept 6-digit PINs...minor panic

Very good value for money. The staff is really helpfull and friendly, rooms are spacious and clean, also good breakfast. It´s not in the main entrance to the medina but yet very well located, and a taxi from there just cost 1 euro. They have a nice terrace that makes easy to meet other people, and also serve good meals! I recommend it for sure!

A great value for your money. It's clean friendly atmosphere. The rooms are big. Lots of space for your things.

Reliably respond to emails with any questions you may have. Our room was clean and secure. They will organize taxi pickup and drop off for you for very cheap. The staff was very friendly when we ran into trouble with our plans, the helped as much as they could for us to find a solution and it all worked out. The terrace is beautiful and the food they make there at the hostel was good! Would recommend and would return!

• 3rd Oct 2014