Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Everything you want from a hostel at a decent price - highly recommended! Thanks Funky Fez!

• 19th Jul 2014

Nice place but the air-conditioning should not be something you have to request, and when you do- you should be allowed to make it cooler- particularly in summer!!

Decent hostel. The location was good, it was right in the medina. Not too hard to find. The pick up from the train station was way over priced, take a cab instead. The staff was okay, but they had very good, reasonably priced food. The walking tour of the medina was very average, the guide brought us to a bunch of stores to try and sell us stuff. The excursions are way over priced as well, I would recommend doing the Sahara tour on your own.

The hostel is great, very clean, a big bathroom and a AC in the room, perfect for Morocco. They also do a great food for dinner or lunch for a good price. I indeed recommend the hostel when you go to Fes.

It was okay in terms of facilities but the staff is extremely cold to the point that they seemed rude. As a paying customer, I expect some kindof good treatment but there was nothing there. They also closed the terrace at 1 even though we were just sitting there hanging out which made me feel like a child. Overall, I would have changed hostels if I was there for another day because I (along with four other girls) felt very uncomfortable.

Very nice hostel! totally recommended! Clean and very nice and cheap food!! Although be careful for one thing! I asked the guy if he knows a nice hostel like Funky Fes in chefchaouen and he recommended ALINE HOSTEL, and so we went there. Since i haven't made a reservation through the site i cannot write my review directly to that hostel, so i write it here, maybe some one is saved: WATCH OUT. BED BUGS IN ALINE HOSTEL IN CHEFCHAOUEN!

a perfect choice for fes!the staff extremely friendly and helpful! clean and tidy

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Greece

Place was quite well situated near the medina. The guys who was working the whole time we were there was really nice and helpful, our cab didnt arrive so he even offered to cover the ride for us. Such a legend

Thank you for your nice comment. Live is done of legends. Come to visit us again or visit our hostels in Tanger and Spain !

Breakfast was good.

Thank you. We appreciate it !

We enjoyed our stay very much. It was our first hostal in marrakesh and we felt very welcome. Hostal has all comforts and a nice roof terrace! Breakfast was good, especially the melon! 100%recommendable!

Thank you very much. It was a pleasure !

It was a very nice place to stay and meet a lot of people. The environment was great. Sometimes the locals in Fes would harass you outside the hostel, but if you dress appropriately you will be fine. The Medina tour was good, but a little too much about visiting shops..

• 20th Jun 2014

I had such an amazing time at Funky Fes!! The way the hostel is set up makes it very easy to meet people and to socialize. I really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and the possibility to order food whenever. The roof terrace was beautiful, always fun to sit there and chat with friends! The staff was amazing. Always going out of their way to make sure we were happy and comfortable. I would recommend this hostel FOR SURE. Loved it, thank you very very much!

Thank you Marielle ! We appreciate your comment. Come again. We will invite you to a good diner. Visit our hostels : Al Andalusi in Tanger and Funky Meridiano in Granada or Funky Cordoba. You will be welcome !!

This is a great place close to the medina, great hostel atmosphere, really fun place to be. There are a few tours with them which are pretty nice. Staff was great, and the food was actually really good, although the price was a little high. Met a lot of interesting people, definately would stay here again.

It's a very good hostel. It's like 10 min away walking to the Medina. They offer several trips around the city and also in the Country. Desert tour, monkey forest, guided tours to the medina. You can also order food to eat there for a very reasenable price. Staff speaks english and french.

Great experience - lots of 20 something backpackers from around the world. Yes it's tricky to find the first time but it's in a great location for experiencing the medina and the staff was helpful and friendly. Nice terrace, they post transportation schedules, and offer excursions.

Nice hostel in the old city. Very hard to find but that's just because the hostel is located at a very central place in the middle of all the little streets. The rooftop terrace is beautiful and I also loved the bathroom! The temperature of the rooms was perfect and enduring the night it was so quite - loved it! The breakfast was good and the staff kind but a bit to professional. I prefer staff that share some time with the travelers as well. I also missed a bit of activities in the hostel. 9/10

This hostel is fantastic! Incredible value for your money, clean, great food, and wonderful staff! Thanks for everything!

Really enjoyed our stay here. Very good setup with friendly and informative staff, good sized dorm rooms each with its own bathroom and good spaces to hang out including a terrace. It's about a 10 min walk to medina It is a bit of a young persons hostel and probably a bit of a challenge getting to sleep before midnight. Rooms could do with new pillows and additional lockers.

Funky Fez is great very clean staff is great and the vibe is good. The rooftop is really nice :)

Good atmosphere and building. Nice rooftop, good people. Not the cheapest but very nice stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4