Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Kitchen is horrendous, is okay for money but don't expect too much. I found the staff to be pretty unfriendly also.

A good hostel inside the medina. Petite taxi from the train station only cost me 11 Dirhams. Kitchen is a little basic but it does the job. Decent roof terrace. Recommended.

The staff was really good, which made it for me. I was taking a late train, 2:30am, and they told us we could shower if we wanted. That was thoughtful and made my overnight trip better. Thanks!!

• 14th Aug 2015

Really enjoyed our trip here (3 nights), great place to relax after the hustle of Fez. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really nice (and included!). We also ate dinner here every night because the food was so good! was quite hard to find but found eventually- the taxi driver wasn't sure where to go. Great place to meet other travellers as well.

Had a great stay at Funky Fes. All of the staff were really friendly and accommodating. The air conditioning broke in our room on the second night but they quickly changed us to a different room with no problem at all.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Great time, helpful staff and known in the medina so helpful for finding your way home!

Great location, atmosphere was good, but I've had better, the staff was awesome and extremely helpful in all aspects!

Very nice. Awesome time.

Overall good value for money. Only pay more for a hostel if you want to be closer to the popular 'blue gate' area where most of the restaurants are.

Good hostel. The computer in the common room was incredibly slow, but.other than that it was a nice place with a relaxed athmosphere. The location is average.

Excellent and helpful staff. Food was great. Had my last meal there and wished that I had not spent my money and time eating out. It was so good.

Location-wise, it is a little further from the main tourist attractions but is still within the Medina. Personally, I like this because it's still within walking distance to the sights, but I also get to see another side of the Medina that I would probably have missed otherwise. Lockers and storage cupboard are not very secure, but I suppose it is a common issue in hostels everywhere.

Price was cheap, great place for meeting fellow travelers, room was clean, and best of all it's easy to find. That's a major plus point in the labyrinth that is the fes medina. Highly recommended.

Very Good Team in Funky Fes. Again, Thank you very much. I had a really great time and met a lot a funny people and I just want to come back to you terasse !.

This hostel is perfect!! The building is very cool, the staff super friendly, and the food is awesome! There is AC in the room which was very important during the heat. Also they organized a nice dinner in the evening with all the guests. Definitely coming back :)

Great place, great staff. All the people were really good, they guide us in how to plan the rest of our trip and everything they did with a smile. Awesome people. Their guide, Abdul I think, was genuinely an excellent person, he took us to many places, explain many stuff and teach us any things about Islam and Ramadan, the guy end up exhausted. All in all, excellent place, totally going back.

Fantastic hostel! Staff were super helpful and really delicious meals for a good price were great during Ramadan. We really enjoyed the good selection of tours and trips for reasonable prices, and we made lots of friends with like minded travellers. Hostel was clean and comfortable.

Very nice and considerate staff. Good facilities.

• 26th Jun 2015

although checkin took quite long time as there was one staff, staff is very helpful and response my emails prompty. would be much better if the hostel location is in main street, Fez is very hard to navigate.

Although initially a little tricky to find, we found Funky to be in a great location, a mere 5 minute walk from the Medina. The staff, especially Mohamed, were very accommodating and helpful, providing us with dinner even as late as 11pm! As we were in Fes during Ramadan, a lot of the shops were closed so we ate at Funky. It was always delicious and good value for money. We would also recommend the morning walking tour as the guide was very knowledgeable. A great stay at Funky, thank you!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Japan

thank you dear, for your nice rating. We are glad that you appreciate our hostel and our staff and recommend us. See you soon again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4