Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Great hostel, amazing people :)

• 18th Aug 2014

Good hostel in a good location, right near the heart of the medina. Lots of day tours organized at the hostel and a full menu, including camel burgers makes hanging out there easy. Beautiful terrace and the atmosphere is good for both groups and solo travelers. Only complaint was the staff, that were pretty much useless for all of the questions I had, specifically transit stuff on how to get north to Chefchaoen or Tangier. Nevertheless, I'd stay there again.

Lovely hostel, very clean, awesome terrace and Anne is very helpful.

I met amazing people here and the atmosphere was amazing - first night sat in the roof eating watermelon. I went on the tour for MAD5 led by a great character of a man (set up via hostel). The staff are welcoming and friendly (don't understand the review below moaning about it). You get a free breakfast which is pretty decent. You're very close to the centre of Fez. Loved my stay. Thank you Funky Fez!

We had a lovely stay at Funky Fes Hostel. Clean rooms, good breakfast and staff that is super friendly. Special thanks to Yahya for his great assistance.

• 10th Aug 2014

I had a wonderful time at funky fez. The staff are extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Of all the hostels I visited on my travels around morocco, this one was definitely my favorite. Terrific atmosphere (although it gets a little hot indoors during the day, but the forms have fans!), the price is excellent, and you'll really have he sense that you'll be taken care of there if you need anything. My personal favorite thing was that they have a guitar for general use! Will go back if I can!

The room of the first floor is very noise and smell not so good specially considering that is a room for 5 people with the bathroom inside the same room and at least for 3 days was not cleaned once.

The staff are really friendly and helpful, they coordinate a lot of excursions and activities within Fes, the place is clean, and the atmosphere is friendly and social. The only drawback, and it's not a huge deal, is that it's a bit far from the main areas you'll probably want to see. Not super far, but it's not right in the heart of things.

The location is nice near Bab Rcif, but compared to similarly priced hostels in Morocco I was disappointed with the atmosphere - too conservative and quiet for my taste as a solo backpacker. The breakfast was good and the staff helpful, but overall it felt a little cold and unwelcoming. I've been in Morocco about 5 weeks and this was among my least favorite hostels, but your experience may well vary.

The best hostel I've stayed ever. Everthing there is okay. The staff is friendly and usefull.

Hostel could be more "honest" - less interested in that touristic trip building. All those excursions and the guide offers add a bit of not that sympathetic atmosphere to Funky Fes. Also the staff could be more helpful, interested in really showing something very interesting in Fes, have a better map. But thank you much for clean rooms, nice breakfast and cozy environment! I believe more cool people will come to stay here! (:

For the price it was amazing! The staff were very friendly and so helpful. They knew everything there was to know about Fez. Anything you asked of them they were willing to help with! Loved it here at Funky Fez :)

Hostel was nice, however DO NOT take the 150 euro desert tour from Fez to Marrakech. Tour is a money grab, and you can do it much cheaper by busing to Merzouga by yourself then finding a tour or doing tours out of Marrakech is a cheaper option as well.

The signs to help you get there are not so clear but breakfast and meals are really tasty and people in the reception are really nice and kind

My sister and I stayed at Funky Fes for a couple of days and were extremely pleased by the experience. The staff was so helpful and sweet! The food was great! And the overall atmosphere was awesome.

Everything you want from a hostel at a decent price - highly recommended! Thanks Funky Fez!

• 19th Jul 2014

We had an awesome stay at Funky Fes. Staff is really nice and helpful. The roof terrace is great. There is A/C in the rooms if you ask for it (at night only though). They have a cheap menu which is really good if you don't wanna leave the hostel to eat. The breakfeast is pretty nice too. Would definately recommend and go back there if I went back to Fes!!

Nice place but the air-conditioning should not be something you have to request, and when you do- you should be allowed to make it cooler- particularly in summer!!

Decent hostel. The location was good, it was right in the medina. Not too hard to find. The pick up from the train station was way over priced, take a cab instead. The staff was okay, but they had very good, reasonably priced food. The walking tour of the medina was very average, the guide brought us to a bunch of stores to try and sell us stuff. The excursions are way over priced as well, I would recommend doing the Sahara tour on your own.

The hostel is great, very clean, a big bathroom and a AC in the room, perfect for Morocco. They also do a great food for dinner or lunch for a good price. I indeed recommend the hostel when you go to Fes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4