Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

I had a short, but fantastic stay at Funky Fes - the bunks were some of the most comfortable I've slept on while traveling and the hostel itself was beautiful and incredibly clean.

Great atmosphere, stylish common areas, wonderful breakfast, very easy to meet people, clean sheets and warm blankets, great value for money - what else could you want? The only thing is that you need to walk about 10' to reach the main bit of the medina, but not really a problem for me. I would definitely stay there again :)

Positive: private room is spacious and very comfortable, terrace on the roof is very lovely, breakfast is good, you can have price worthy meals, also vegetarian, staff is friendly, close to medina Negative: wifi is not everywhere available and even in common area very slow

Awesome place!

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

My travel mates and I had such a great experience at this hostel! We highly recommend it! I also wish I had done the henna at the hostel. It was too late by the time that I asked for it, and I went to Marrakesh afterwards where it was way more expensive. We also really enjoyed the walking tour through the medina, we definitely would have gotten lost otherwise. The guide was really great- Abdelali Moustakim! We learned a lot about Moroccan culture from him and he was super friendly!

Thank you. We will transmit your congratulations to the guide. Yes, to know the Culture is very important. Regards

This was an awesome place to stay in Fes, with lots of activities organized by the hostel. Great atmosphere and the chance to meet lots of cool travelers from around the world in the lobby. The only downside was that only two (out of 6) of the outlets in my room worked with my plug adapter, and they were far away from my bed. But there are lots of outlets downstairs! Try the mint tea and chicken pastela!

In a really great location, right by the medina. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere of the hostel makes kt easy to meet up with other travelers. Such good service and a great place to stay, only downside is the wifi goes in and out but otherwise it's awesome

• 5th Mar 2015

Thank you, for your nice comment. Sorry about the internet but the problem is in all Medina, more than in our hostel. See you soon again.

A great hostel in the old medina of fes with very friendly staff. The shower heads hang too low for Dutch people though. Nice breakfast and good facilities with great value for money so I can recommend this hostel to anyone.

An absolutely fantastic experience. I couldn't have been happier with my first time at a hostel, especially in Morocco. The food was great, the staff was helpful, and the tours and tour guides were wonderful and helped us discover more about the culture. The one thing you should know if you decide to have Funky Fes pick you up from the airport, do not expect a typical shuttle bus! It was just the driver's car that we squeezed 6 people into. It wasn't a problem, but don't be surprised!

• 23rd Feb 2015

A little bit far away from the entrance of the medina, just one guy in the staff to organize a lot of things, like check in , washer and food service. The kitchen was horrible, just a few equipments, very dirty and small. It was impossible to cook something there !

No experience with African hostels before I can see the efforts of the staff.

A word that comes to my mind is 'professional'. Everything super clean, stylish, very good information, beatiful roof terrace. Food was very good as well but breakfast could have been more variated. I really liked the hostel, much more than Fes itself.

Hostel staff was friendly, breakfast was nice, and I slept really well :) It's quite close to the medina but in the evening there is not so much to do in Fes unfortunately. Movie night could be a nice idea indeed (maybe on the rooftop terrace?) :)

as you exit the train station walk straight and after the roundabout at the corner on your left there's the bus station with a small blue sign.take bus 19 for 3.5 dirhams to last stop,place rcif staff really great,very good english speakers and helpful.medina very close.didn't like toilet inside dorm,you can hear everything and it can be annoying,especially at night.

Thank you for your comment and directions,Darida. Sorry for the toilet, but in general, guets prefer to have toilet inside room. The staff thank you for your mention about them.

Great place to relax and feel welcome and meet other people.

Thanks Lucy. It was a pleasure to have you at home.

I enjoyed my stay at Funky. Good atmosphere, well located, nice and friendly staff, good base for trips, good breakfast included and reasonably priced lunches/dinners available. Nice social terraced area too, with a good view of Fes. My room was clean, with nice ensuite bathroom. My only negative point concerns temperature. The hostel could be cold at night. The staff did fur heaters some days (not always) which helped. I had to request heating to be turned on in my room several times.

Funky Fes is easily the best hostel in Fes. The staff behind the desk were very pleasant and extremely helpful. Their welcome email and video made finding them incredibly easy. Their guided tour of the city was the perfect way to see the sites. The facilities were clean, their free breakfast the best we had in Morocco, and, since the city shuts down at night, it was quite enjoyable to relax in their lounge with some tea after a day of exploring the souks. All around highly recommended.

I stayed three nights in Funky Fez. The stay was really amazing and the food was delicious. This hostel is not super big, which makes it easier to meet new people. The rooftop terrace is really nice and has a nice view over the medina of Fez.

Really nice place with a great atmosphere. Busy, even in winter and has a lot to offer. The stuff could smile a bit more and learn to boil eggs that you can actually peal (put them in cold water after cooking, guys), but we had a great time nonetheless!

I think It's the best Hostel in Fes. But it was really cold in all the places inside the hostel. They don't have heating in the bedroom. The other things were ok.

Thank you Vitor. We have heating in every room. You have just to turn in (heating and air conditioning). We appreciate your affirmation of "Best hotel in Fes". You are very nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4