• 60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco
8.2
Fabulous 1,225 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 1,225 Total Reviews
Funky Fes Located at 60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, , Fez.
Morocco
Fez Morocco Morocco 60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina
82% 1225
34.0579749 -4.9742102
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016
4.9

The main owner was not warm or welcoming, the atmosphere is strange and sometimes felt like you were intruding in someones home. I read a sign the evening I arrived that said you can do your own laundry. I woke early the next day and put one load of washing on. I was greeted by this man who said ' Can you not read the sign' where it said laundry service available - I said I was confused and thought I had the option to do it myself, he continued to be condescending and grumpy..

11th Apr 2016
7.7

Overall beautiful and comfortable hostel with a great terrace though there are only two showers for 18 people. Breakfast is okay. Staff is attentive though not familial.

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Apr 2016

Stayed for 2 nights in Funky Frz and it was great. Really clesn , spacious hostel, wonderful big bathroom with hot showers and a good breakfast. The staff were also really helpful, including helping us get to a local football game!

2nd Apr 2016

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere, good place to meet other travellers, and nice reception area and terrace for hanging out. Helpful staff. Was very happy to stay here.

2nd Apr 2016
7.1

Pros: Lockers, nice beds, clean sheets, hot showers, basic breakfast, really nice building and terrace. Cons: extremely lacking guest kitchen (light wasn't even working), hostel offers services such as tours, hammam and food ranging from 2 to 5x what you should be paying. Main guy on staff is incredibly unhelpful, rude and generally disinterested -- better than being hassled, but certainly didn't make things easier.

• sooyoung10215218
  • South Korea, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2016

It is a nice place to chill after getting lost in the busy small streets of fez. One thing we were a bit annoyed was the attitude of a staff. He was a little bit pushy to make us take the desert tour that they're providing with the contracted agency, almost gave us a feeling that he's getting a huge commission by doing it, insisting this is the best price we can get in entire Fez which turned out to be not true.

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
26th Mar 2016
6.3

Need more light, tv didn't work, good walking tour, food was reasonable, wifi could be improved.

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
25th Mar 2016
7.7

Extremely cool place, with amazing courtyard and rooftop terrace. They sell booze, coffee and I'm sure some other things... All the staff are really cool and helpful. In a great location two minute walk from the central square. My bad points: there are no lockers, but you can store a couple small valuables in the big safe. My room's door led right into the main reception areas, where a daft, lost American loved to play guitar badly. The bedsheets never got washed and the wc's and kitchen sucked.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Mar 2016

Really cool read with an ideal location in Fes. The staff are very approachable and give good advice. The rooms are good size, quirky and the terrace is pretty sweet. Only issue we had was a mix up with our booking- got put in a 4 bed dorm instead of a 12bed dorm and had to pay the difference. When I approached staff about this they were a little reluctant to give me a refund but eventually took responsibility and paid me back the difference. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

23rd Mar 2016

I had a great time in Funky Fes. Pros: good community atmosphere, beautiful terraces, great medina tour (the guide Abdul Ali was really helpful and didn't make us feel pressured to buy anything), mostly nice staff (Yahya - sp? - was extremely helpful to us in planning our desert tour), decent breakfast, comfy beds Cons: only one bathroom/shower for the 12 bed dorms is not really adequate, never managed to get a warm shower, we had drinks stolen out of the fridge. But overall, a nice place