Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Everything was good, the cleanliness of the beds was not the best one, but I've seen worse. Staff is always looking forward to help you out and are very kind. They offer lunch and dinner at decent price. As they've had problems with people trying to steal their clients, I'd advise the hostel staff to ask the arrivals if they want a taxi to pick them up at airport, train or bus station. Overall it was a very good experience and I would recommend funky fes.

• 12th Sep 2014

Funky Fez was incredible !!Very close to the old city about 7-8 minutes by foot ,not noisy at all,the staff was very helpful and kind,the breakfast was quite rich.Also you could arrange daily excursions through hostel and for more days too if you want.The building was very beautiful and there was a big terrace you could relax and have a pleasant conversation.Even if the hostel is full you can also sleep in the terrace at least for one night till there is an available bed for you.

A brilliant hostel. Large lockers in the bedrooms. Lage, comfortable beds, but no creels, which would be dangerous to fall from the top bunk bed if you turn in your sleep a lot. The bathroom was huge, with a giant shower, with hot water and decent pressure. The breakfast was fine, with bread, butter and coffee. We did the Walking Tour and the Volubilis Day Trip, and both were great. I highly recommend Voubilis. We spent one night in the double room, and it was so lovely! Again, highly recommend!

This hostel is very central but a lot of seedy people hang around it not the hostels fault by any means. Very clean rooms and hot water in all bathrooms. Met a lot of great people at this hostel and had a very social atmosphere. No alcohol is allow at this hostel. Meals provided are very reasonably priced and is very yummy. Some of the staff are very rude but other staff make it very pleasant. Would recommend this place when it comes to fez.

totally recommendable! I stayed in the 12-bed dorm and had no complaints at all! Lovely breakfast, super nice and helpful staff, everything was clean, absolutely the best choice for the little amount of money!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Nice hostel right on the edge of the medina. Lots of nice common areas and dorm rooms were spacious. Nice extras such as breakfast, drinks available and home cooked dinners. Only negative is not enough washrooms. Only 1 for 12 people.

Excellent hostel, very clean and has excellent air conditioning in the larger rooms at night which is essential for a good nights sleep in Fes!

• 2nd Sep 2014

This is a fantastic hostel in Morocco. It is incredibly clean, there is a lot to do at the hostel and there is a great, lively atmosphere. The air con in the four bed dorm was a life saver! Highly recommended!!!

Good hostel. The staff, Mohammad was really nice and helpful. Good aircon.

• 31st Aug 2014

We had a great stay at funky fes, the house is very clean, you have a great view from the terrace and the stuff is really helpful! The atmosphere is very relaxed and even in the 12 bed dorm, we had a good sleep.I will totally recommend this hostel!

Great hostel, amazing people :)

• 18th Aug 2014

Good hostel in a good location, right near the heart of the medina. Lots of day tours organized at the hostel and a full menu, including camel burgers makes hanging out there easy. Beautiful terrace and the atmosphere is good for both groups and solo travelers. Only complaint was the staff, that were pretty much useless for all of the questions I had, specifically transit stuff on how to get north to Chefchaoen or Tangier. Nevertheless, I'd stay there again.

Lovely hostel, very clean, awesome terrace and Anne is very helpful.

I met amazing people here and the atmosphere was amazing - first night sat in the roof eating watermelon. I went on the tour for MAD5 led by a great character of a man (set up via hostel). The staff are welcoming and friendly (don't understand the review below moaning about it). You get a free breakfast which is pretty decent. You're very close to the centre of Fez. Loved my stay. Thank you Funky Fez!

We had a lovely stay at Funky Fes Hostel. Clean rooms, good breakfast and staff that is super friendly. Special thanks to Yahya for his great assistance.

• 10th Aug 2014

I had a wonderful time at funky fez. The staff are extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Of all the hostels I visited on my travels around morocco, this one was definitely my favorite. Terrific atmosphere (although it gets a little hot indoors during the day, but the forms have fans!), the price is excellent, and you'll really have he sense that you'll be taken care of there if you need anything. My personal favorite thing was that they have a guitar for general use! Will go back if I can!

The room of the first floor is very noise and smell not so good specially considering that is a room for 5 people with the bathroom inside the same room and at least for 3 days was not cleaned once.

The staff are really friendly and helpful, they coordinate a lot of excursions and activities within Fes, the place is clean, and the atmosphere is friendly and social. The only drawback, and it's not a huge deal, is that it's a bit far from the main areas you'll probably want to see. Not super far, but it's not right in the heart of things.

The location is nice near Bab Rcif, but compared to similarly priced hostels in Morocco I was disappointed with the atmosphere - too conservative and quiet for my taste as a solo backpacker. The breakfast was good and the staff helpful, but overall it felt a little cold and unwelcoming. I've been in Morocco about 5 weeks and this was among my least favorite hostels, but your experience may well vary.

The best hostel I've stayed ever. Everthing there is okay. The staff is friendly and usefull.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4