Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Really nice place with a great atmosphere. Busy, even in winter and has a lot to offer. The stuff could smile a bit more and learn to boil eggs that you can actually peal (put them in cold water after cooking, guys), but we had a great time nonetheless!

Super humid rooms, coldest nights in my stay in Morocco, no heating. If its hot in your stay no worries, book this hostel. The staff is really nice, as all hostels in Morocco. Don't book desert trip with them, it costs double of Marrakech tours price since you have to pay extra for the bus.

Great service - even though I was only there for one night.

Friendly and helpful staff, wifi, self catering kitchen and decent breakfast with as much tea and coffee as you wish! No delays with hotwater in the showers and sinks. Comfortable beds for good nights sleep. Tours, outings all well advertised at reasonable prices. Did a guided tour of old medina first day...over 3 hrs for 55dhr. A most excellent hostel... My only criticism was no alcohol was sold or allowed!

Hi John, Our establishment is not allowed to sell or consume alcohol. This rule works for all the Medina. But there is no problem in having alcohol in the new area of the City (Ville Nouvelle). See you in Spain there you can drink alcohol in ours hostels (Granada and Cordoba). Thanks for the comment.

Great amenities especially for Morocco (lots of hot water, en suite toilets, AC and heat in rooms), good place to meet other travelers. I would definitely recommend the medina tour offered through the hostel--the guide is excellent. The location is so-so: it is on the edge of the medina, making it easy to arrive to and from the airport, but you generally have to take a cab to the main medina entrance, even though the cab is very cheap. Hostel did not help me arrange a taxi which was one negative

Hi Justin, the hostel can't call a taxi because Radio taxi doesn't exist here. They can call a car, but they will be charge you more than the double that a petit taxi. Thank you for your good comment. Hope to see you soon again.

Funky fes is a cool place with a lot of foreigners. You can meet nice people there. The place is quite cheap, the price of food inside and everything are fair. I'm recommanding this place. The people that will welcoming you are not particularly smiling but they are really helpfull.

Good location and nice staff.

Thank you ! We were pleased to enjoy of your company ! See you soon again.

Great place to stay. Especially the staff was really helpfull for any kind of questions. We also really liked the guided city tour!

The staff and atmosphere here are great. There are two common rooms which makes it easy to mingle but also possible to find a quite corner. The dorms are basically what you would expect from a hostel. Everyone gets a locker but there is a small charge for using towels. The only negative is that it's a little tricky to find, but that's just due to the layout of the city. They did give very good instruction on how to find the place. And it's only about a 5-7 minute walk to the market.

• 26th Dec 2014

Good location right in the center of the Medina. Worth taking the walking tour that starts at 10 am each day - costs less than €5! Clean rooms and a good hub for backpackers.

Overall, we really enjoyed our time at Funky Fes. The staff was very welcoming and helpful and the location is great--right in the medina. The food at the restaurant is really good; I would recommend the chicken pastilla. The only negative thing was that during our stay in late December, the heat didn't work so the room was freezing. Other than that, we would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 24th Dec 2014

I had a great stay at Funky Fez!! The staff was very friendly

Thank you, Daniel. It was a pleasure to have you here !

The Funky Fez was a really great place, but one of the staff members was kind of rude. All over the hostel are these big signs about fake guides and how to avoid, but when one of them followed me to the hostel and wanted money, the staff member working was absolutely no help in getting him to leave me alone. In fact, he told me I had to go out and pay the guy. That wasn't a huge deal, but for a place that tries to combat these guys so much, I was really surprised.

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff are friendly and helpful and the guests are all great people.

Great except total rip off for food, taxis and tours. Would be nice if they had fair prices, taxi price to bus was 3 times what I found on the street. Tour I took was total rip off as well, shame since the hostel was great.

hard to find, even the third time returning to the place. the amount charged to print my Ryanair boarding pass was a bit excessive. No drinking allowed in the hostel.

Good location in Fes and nice and clean to European standards however the wifi was terrible which made moving on hard.

Hi Jesse, We wifi is terrible in all the Medina ! It's really a problem in Morocco. Thank you for your good comment. We got an African award of cliness. We try that every thing was perfect for our guests. See you.

Nice, friendly and helpful stuff. Good food served, nice atmosphere to meet people and socialize. The only problem was wi-fi and common room was really cold.

Very nice hostel, with friendly staff! Good food is served as well.

ホテル内はとても清潔です。旅行者がたくさんいるのでにぎやかです。場所はメディナの外れのほうなのでメインストリートまでは少し遠いです。