Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Nice hostel tucked away from the bustle of primary medina. Can be a slight challenge to find but that is all of Fes. Met some cool people here and liked that they have both a main floor and roof top common area! Staff were nice and helpful. Also useful that they have fridge/kitchen if you want to avoid the madness outside of the hostel.

Do the walking tour with the hostel in the morning and that's about all you need. It's like four hours for 5 bucks and the guide is unreal.

thank you. Our Medina tour is very good. After 3 hours of visit you really know the culture and some history of Fez and Morocco.

It was my first time in Morocco and funky fes completely made me feel at home. The staff were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was great! It is located outside of the medina, which is perfect as you get to go away from all the craziness. I would definitely recommend going to funky fes,

• 7th Jun 2015

Thank you for your nices appreciations. We do our best.

Lovely, clean hostel with relaxed vibes.

• 6th Jun 2015

Thanks the cleaness is very important to us.

Comfortable beds and excellent staff. Will answer any questions about excursions and even tell you about the little extras the company will charge you for (like which meals are free and which aren't, etc). Definitely stay here and book a trip. I recommend 3 days/2 nights in Sahara, any less isn't enough to see much.

The Funky Fes staff is excellent. I have stayed at many hostels and I found the staff at Funky Fes particularly friendly and hospitable. Also, the free breakfast at Funky Fes is a real meal! In my experience many hostels that advertise free "breakfast" don't give you much more than toast and instant coffee. The hostel has many activities organized so it is easy to get to know the city and other guests.

• 4th Jun 2015

Thanks !! the staff will be very glad of your comment. Yes, our guests appreciate our activities. Come again to visit us.

Mohammed was wonderful!! He remembered everyone's names and was extremely helpful in his recommendations. Extremely friendly and a delight to have at the hostel! Terrific location very close to the medina and the gate. Taxis, buses, and restaurants were also very close.

thank you for your comment. We appreciate that your liked the staff, and specially Mohamed. We try to do our best. We hope to have you again.

I stayed at Funky Fes twice and was in a different room each time. In the first room the bedding was quite thin with some holes. Maybe time for some new sheets. The breakfasts were delicious though! I loved the location as it was always easy to find my way home. Also really close by to taxis so getting to bus station and other things in the new town was easy. Mohammed at reception was helpful, kind and always smiling!

thank your for your comment and recommendations. We take note. We are glad that you liked your stay and our staff. See you again.

staff were extremely helpful.

• 31st May 2015

One of the staff members was rude on several occasion's. The breakfast was good but the meal I ordered was not good and way overpriced. The food had been microwaved and placed in a Tagine. You got the feeling the hostel was only out for money.

Of all the places I stayed in morocco, this was the only one where the staff wasn't social or lively an interacting. The restaurant inside was a nice, especially for a friday when the city pretty well closed down, and my meals were both very tasty. I was upset with the Internet however as guests could only use messenging services on mobiles; no google searches or webpages which makes explorig your next city option or checking into a flight a pain! Their guest desktop didn't even allow webpages.

Amazing hostel.

The cleaning ladies do an amazing job, the place was spotless. However,very unimpressed by the man who checked us in. He was atrocious, picking and choosing who he decided to help, making us feel stupid for asking simple questions. It was also irritating trying to be sold tours and food all the time by reception. Too commercial for a hostel. Kitchen facilities were absolute craap cuz they want u to buy their food. "Free lockers" if you have you own a lock that fits, no keys, it stays in door.

very expensive services. laundry service 5 euros meals 5 euros airport transfer 25 euros !!!!

Hi, thank you for your comment. All our food is home made. We charge 50 dhrs (less than 5 euros) food that in the restaurant you will pay more than 10 euros.

The two men who worked reception were awesome people and very helpful. The free breakfast every morning was amazing. They have some fairly priced traditional moroccan meals that you can order for lunch or dinner in the hostel. And chilling up on the terrace at night was an awesome time. We met so many other travelers and had a great time staying at the Funky Fes

thank you for your nice comments.

Rooms are big and have individual lockers and toilet is ensuite. Breakfast is good and included. Is well known by all the taxi drivers so it s easy to get there for everyone. It s quite clean and beds are not too bed. Good value for the money. They have a guide that for little money takes you around town and it really worths it! Only negative thing is the noise that could come from the patio as all the rooms face also the inside of the hostel like many in morocco( if people stay up till late. )

I was doubtful of the name, but this is actually an excellent hostel. A little tricky to find the first time, but well located after that. Breakfast was solid, 're eptionist spoke English ,French, Berber, and Arabic. The water sold at the hostel is equal to the price you''ll get in the medina. You can probably find cheaper food, but the hostel food is dependably good and well prepared. Listen to their directions on scams to avoid, and consider the tours as a way to get your bearings .

Spacious room and bathroom, nice breakfast, friendly staff and lots of info at the hostel for various morocco trips.

Just another cheap place to sleep. Not located close to medina-but given the craziness of that-that is probably for the ether. Staff was just ok. Decent common areas. Goodie breakfast. Fenot enough outlets in rooms. Rooms don't have any ventilation as all the 'windows' open into central enclosed road and there is no air flow. Not that I would ever return to few,but this is ok place to stay

Some of the staff and rules were rather strict.. I understand this is a muslim country, but an attitude such as I'd experienced should not be in a hostel. Otherwise it was good.