Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

I think It's the best Hostel in Fes. But it was really cold in all the places inside the hostel. They don't have heating in the bedroom. The other things were ok.

Thank you Vitor. We have heating in every room. You have just to turn in (heating and air conditioning). We appreciate your affirmation of "Best hotel in Fes". You are very nice.

Well located on the outskirts of the Medina, just before it becomes a maze. Staff were helpful and and always around, but could be a bit more cheerful. The breakfast is good, and in addition to your personal plate there is plenty of bread and jam, tea and coffee. Comfortable beds and plenty of space in the dorms and they have an ensuite with reliable hot water. Great atmosphere in the common areas and very spacious and comfortable. Big roof terrace but it looks outside the Medina.

Great service - even though I was only there for one night.

Friendly and helpful staff, wifi, self catering kitchen and decent breakfast with as much tea and coffee as you wish! No delays with hotwater in the showers and sinks. Comfortable beds for good nights sleep. Tours, outings all well advertised at reasonable prices. Did a guided tour of old medina first day...over 3 hrs for 55dhr. A most excellent hostel... My only criticism was no alcohol was sold or allowed!

Hi John, Our establishment is not allowed to sell or consume alcohol. This rule works for all the Medina. But there is no problem in having alcohol in the new area of the City (Ville Nouvelle). See you in Spain there you can drink alcohol in ours hostels (Granada and Cordoba). Thanks for the comment.

Great amenities especially for Morocco (lots of hot water, en suite toilets, AC and heat in rooms), good place to meet other travelers. I would definitely recommend the medina tour offered through the hostel--the guide is excellent. The location is so-so: it is on the edge of the medina, making it easy to arrive to and from the airport, but you generally have to take a cab to the main medina entrance, even though the cab is very cheap. Hostel did not help me arrange a taxi which was one negative

Hi Justin, the hostel can't call a taxi because Radio taxi doesn't exist here. They can call a car, but they will be charge you more than the double that a petit taxi. Thank you for your good comment. Hope to see you soon again.

Funky fes is a cool place with a lot of foreigners. You can meet nice people there. The place is quite cheap, the price of food inside and everything are fair. I'm recommanding this place. The people that will welcoming you are not particularly smiling but they are really helpfull.

Thanks ! Funky is a pluricultural place. The cook wil be happy that you appreciate her food. Thank you also for recommending Funky Fes.

Good location and nice staff.

Thank you ! We were pleased to enjoy of your company ! See you soon again.

Great place to stay. Especially the staff was really helpfull for any kind of questions. We also really liked the guided city tour!

The staff and atmosphere here are great. There are two common rooms which makes it easy to mingle but also possible to find a quite corner. The dorms are basically what you would expect from a hostel. Everyone gets a locker but there is a small charge for using towels. The only negative is that it's a little tricky to find, but that's just due to the layout of the city. They did give very good instruction on how to find the place. And it's only about a 5-7 minute walk to the market.

• 26th Dec 2014

Good location right in the center of the Medina. Worth taking the walking tour that starts at 10 am each day - costs less than €5! Clean rooms and a good hub for backpackers.

Overall, we really enjoyed our time at Funky Fes. The staff was very welcoming and helpful and the location is great--right in the medina. The food at the restaurant is really good; I would recommend the chicken pastilla. The only negative thing was that during our stay in late December, the heat didn't work so the room was freezing. Other than that, we would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 24th Dec 2014

I had a great stay at Funky Fez!! The staff was very friendly

Thank you, Daniel. It was a pleasure to have you here !

Location was far from the main area of the medina, took at least 15 minutes. One bathroom between 12 people was pretty horrible. Plus the bathroom stank of mould and dampness, it was pretty horrible! Breakfast was pretty good though!

Hi , thank you for your comment. We are located in the hart of the Medina but the Medina is very very big, 250.000 inhabitants are a lot ! The biggest Medina of the World. See you soon again.

The Funky Fez was a really great place, but one of the staff members was kind of rude. All over the hostel are these big signs about fake guides and how to avoid, but when one of them followed me to the hostel and wanted money, the staff member working was absolutely no help in getting him to leave me alone. In fact, he told me I had to go out and pay the guy. That wasn't a huge deal, but for a place that tries to combat these guys so much, I was really surprised.

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff are friendly and helpful and the guests are all great people.

Great except total rip off for food, taxis and tours. Would be nice if they had fair prices, taxi price to bus was 3 times what I found on the street. Tour I took was total rip off as well, shame since the hostel was great.

A very organized place runs in a very organized place. Therefore, it definitely guarantees it's quality. The staffs offer choices only if they are certain that they are safe and good, which is very reliable. Although not as energetic as some other hostels may be, I will definitely recommend Funky Fez because it promise you a safe and reliable place to stay in. And that is one of the most important thing during a travel.

hard to find, even the third time returning to the place. the amount charged to print my Ryanair boarding pass was a bit excessive. No drinking allowed in the hostel.

Thank you for the comment. The Medina is a labyrinthe for all but it makes her charme. The alcohol is not allowed in the old city but in the new part of Fez you can. See you.

Good location in Fes and nice and clean to European standards however the wifi was terrible which made moving on hard.

Hi Jesse, We wifi is terrible in all the Medina ! It's really a problem in Morocco. Thank you for your good comment. We got an African award of cliness. We try that every thing was perfect for our guests. See you.

Nice, friendly and helpful stuff. Good food served, nice atmosphere to meet people and socialize. The only problem was wi-fi and common room was really cold.