Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Staff were extremely helpful and diligent, the food was absolutely amazing every time! loved my stay at funky fez so much that I am staying at funky cordoba in spain when i get there! thanks to the amazing team at funky fez for recommending it and making my stay a pleasant one!

• 6th Feb 2014

We enjoy helping. We hope that you spent a good time in Cordoba too.

Great hostel. Nice location, good atmosphere, friendly staff. Clean rooms with a nice local touch, good and simple breakfeast and options for a tasty dinner.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Thank you Menno !

Nice and clean hostel with a good location close to the Medina. Very nice tours and also a really good price! Cheaper than the prices of other hostels or travel agencies. One minus point: in february the common room gets very cold (no central heating). A gas heater is available but the staff seemed a bit irritated when we asked for it..

• 31st Jan 2014

Great place!!

very good atmosphere, staff was very friendly. In January it can be rather cold in the hostel.

All rooms have hot air conditionned and the commom area hasve gaz. See you.

The hostel is nice but the staff was not the best when it came to transparency and helpfulness.

I stayed in dorm a room. It is good, but a little bit gloomy.

Thank you , Yuji, for your comment. See you again.

A great idea to make an hostel in an authentic Riad !! You are very friendly people and work very well in helping people making a nice holiday ! Many thanks for your tourist advises and help in getting me a taxi to the airport ! Greetings from Aberdeen (Scotland), Bart

Thank you Bart, for your nice advise. See you again !

I stayed here in January 2014 only for 1 night. But still I have a good impression. They organise a lot of activities for their guests, which is a plus. The hostel is nice and fairly clean. For me it was good enough. Maybe other people don't think it's clean, but than you should book a hotel not a hostel. They have a very nice roof terrace. What I didn't like was that there are rules. I understand why they have them, but for me personally it's a bit of a downer.

Everything about the hostel itself was good.However, we took a tour which was organized by the hostel and even though the tour itself was great, the driver was terrible.He kept stressing about time and wanted to skip some things that were clearly mentioned and included in the program.He barely stopped for bathroom breaks, let alone lunch breaks even though we were told he would stop whenever we wanted. We ended up arguing, calling the hostel to settle things, and rushing through the sights.

Located at the edge of Medina, but is highly accessible to it. Staff, facilities, atmosphere are great! It is also a very nice place to talk to other travelers.

Thank you Kim. We are glad that you got a good stay with us. See you again.

Situated in the old quarter of town ,hostel has all facilities and provides good food, good staff and easy to find when you get out of the taxi as there are signs painted on the walls showing directions, shops everywhere aswell.

there was no hot water in the shower several times

sorry about this problem that we had solve immediately.

DON'T book the desert trip with them. The hostel hires different drivers to do the different parts of the trip. Our driver on the last day was hired by the hotel in Merzouga and he didn't want to take us to the agreed places of the tour. I argued and he did 2 out of 3. In the end, he was mad and left us at a bus station in Marrakech, far from the main square. I tried to argue but he yelled at us and we were surrounded by his "friends", so we couldn't do anything. It was awful!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Sorry about that Vivian. The driver who use to do the trip got sick and the compagny put an other guy not professionnal at all. But in general, we have no complains about the tour. The have contacted them and they appologyse for the inconvenient.

Great hostel, by far the best I stayed in Morocco, probably in the best 25% of the 400+ hostels that I have stayed at over the past 3years. Staff are friendly and do there best to make everyone feel welcome. Having food available at the hostel is a great bonus, and the food was great value and excellent quality served by their always smiling chef (sorry never got her name) Even though I had a flood in my room from a burst pipe the staff rushed around to clean up as soon as possible.

Had a great time at Funky Fes. Never slept so well in a hostel before. Nice chilled out vibe with friendly staff. Good free breakfast.

The staff at Funky Fes are very lovely and helpful. There are also plenty of activities being organised through the hostel. The walking tour is very interesting and insightful; the women's hammam just across the street. And the food on offer is simply delicious.

Me and my friend had an amazing time in Funky Fes, we would recommend this hostel to all our friends and we are looking forward to go back soon. It´s a charming house with an arabic - andalus architecture also in the rooms, what makes you feel home and welcome. The Staff is always very helpful and friendly 24/7 , especially the Receptionist Yahya. Very nice experience! Thank you for everything Funky Fes Team!!! :)

• 10th Dec 2013

I rated this hostel a little bit over due to its facilities (much better than most hostels in Morocco), staff and breakfast. I had the opportunity to stay at the terrace which is awesome (much better at summer times).

From my point of view, this is a good hostel. They have a very good location in the Medina and a very relaxed atmosphere with a very friendly people. Totally recommended!