Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Good location right in the center of the Medina. Worth taking the walking tour that starts at 10 am each day - costs less than €5! Clean rooms and a good hub for backpackers.

Overall, we really enjoyed our time at Funky Fes. The staff was very welcoming and helpful and the location is great--right in the medina. The food at the restaurant is really good; I would recommend the chicken pastilla. The only negative thing was that during our stay in late December, the heat didn't work so the room was freezing. Other than that, we would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 24th Dec 2014

I had a great stay at Funky Fez!! The staff was very friendly

Thank you, Daniel. It was a pleasure to have you here !

Location was far from the main area of the medina, took at least 15 minutes. One bathroom between 12 people was pretty horrible. Plus the bathroom stank of mould and dampness, it was pretty horrible! Breakfast was pretty good though!

Hi , thank you for your comment. We are located in the hart of the Medina but the Medina is very very big, 250.000 inhabitants are a lot ! The biggest Medina of the World. See you soon again.

The Funky Fez was a really great place, but one of the staff members was kind of rude. All over the hostel are these big signs about fake guides and how to avoid, but when one of them followed me to the hostel and wanted money, the staff member working was absolutely no help in getting him to leave me alone. In fact, he told me I had to go out and pay the guy. That wasn't a huge deal, but for a place that tries to combat these guys so much, I was really surprised.

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff are friendly and helpful and the guests are all great people.

Great except total rip off for food, taxis and tours. Would be nice if they had fair prices, taxi price to bus was 3 times what I found on the street. Tour I took was total rip off as well, shame since the hostel was great.

hard to find, even the third time returning to the place. the amount charged to print my Ryanair boarding pass was a bit excessive. No drinking allowed in the hostel.

Thank you for the comment. The Medina is a labyrinthe for all but it makes her charme. The alcohol is not allowed in the old city but in the new part of Fez you can. See you.

Good location in Fes and nice and clean to European standards however the wifi was terrible which made moving on hard.

Hi Jesse, We wifi is terrible in all the Medina ! It's really a problem in Morocco. Thank you for your good comment. We got an African award of cliness. We try that every thing was perfect for our guests. See you.

Nice, friendly and helpful stuff. Good food served, nice atmosphere to meet people and socialize. The only problem was wi-fi and common room was really cold.

Very nice hostel, with friendly staff! Good food is served as well.

ホテル内はとても清潔です。旅行者がたくさんいるのでにぎやかです。場所はメディナの外れのほうなのでメインストリートまでは少し遠いです。

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Japan

The hostel was clean and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable and there was hot water. The staff were nice and helpful but really liked to push their tours and opinions. We had already booked a tour and they told us it was too expensive and then even told the tour guide, when he arrived at the hostel, that we weren't there. Anytime we asked about bus times or fez advice they tried to talk us into doing one of their tours. This was weird but otherwise good stay!

Staff are somewhat impersonal but still quite helpful. The kitchen is so poorly equipped that it's more or less useless. Nice terrace... everything is clean.

After a negative start, I ended up staying an extra night. The staff were very helpful in helping me plan my day and I felt very safe and secure with the addition of strong lockers in the rooms. Breakfast was nice and varied and Wifi was reliable. Would recommend.

Very nice hostel and friendly staff! I liked the hostel. I just have one small recommendation. The last time I was in Marocco I had for breakfast the Maroccan pancakes which I enjoyed very much, because this is typically Maroccan and something you don't eat at home. So I would prefer to have a wole one instead of small pieces and instead of cake.

I really enjoyed the staying with all the staff in funky fes so I came back again,no doubt next time when I'm in Fez I'll be here again.

Good location - within walking distance to the medina. The free breakfast is top notch - 3 types of Moroccan breads and fresh local fruit - and the lunch/dinner meals are also yummy. Decent common room so you can chat with other travellers.

Great hostel. Nice staf, lunch and dinner for good price-guality rate.

The rooms are big and spacious (especially the 8 bed dorm). The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was nice and lunch/dinner allright but a bit expensive compared to the size.