Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Funky Fes is a cool hostel. Compared to others in Morocco.. This one actually felt like a hostel. The beds and blankets were so comfortable.. One of the best beds I've ever slept on. I went on the walking tour in the morning, and it wasn't what I was expecting. The guy just took us to a bunch of shops (leather, blankets and spices) which the intention of us to purchase their products. There was very little history about Fes.

thank you for your rating. we are very glad that you appreciate the hostel and the bed. Sorry about the tour. Usually it's very good.

The staff here were beyond amazing, so helpful & friendly, The hostel is in a perfect location & the terrace is great. Breakfast is included which was super nice. Great value for money, will definitely be back soon. Thanks Guys!

• 9th Nov 2015

The staff here is really nice. This is a great hostel to go to. Fez is a bit sketchy so be aware of that. I was almost scammed by people who said that this hostel was closed, and they tried to get me to go to their hostel. It's a bit difficult to find, but well worth it when you do find it. All of their tours are awesome, and the wifi works well. (but not on the roof) The dinner is amazing they cook really well at the hostel. Definitely recommend the monkey forest tour. Really awesome hostel

THANK YOU for your nice review the receptionists and the cook are very glad that you appreciate your stay. Yes, the false guides are always a problem in all Morocco.

Nothing to complain about, excellent staff and facilities.

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you, dear !

Do not allow cristian

We allow averyone. All people are welcome !! We don't understand !

I had a great time, felt really welcomed by the staff...specialy Abdelhadi - Abde was very compliant and kind and Brahim "the men of the night" was friendly and helpful, tasty food and clean room. Very pleased...

thanks a lot for your nice comment. All staff was pleased to have you "at home".

The staff really let this place down. There's no introduction to fez or information about things to see/do. Or even the hostel facilities! I asked for a map and was given one.. But then had to really draw blood from the stone to get the guy on duty to show me where the hostel was, Mark the walk into town, blue gate etc. Overall just felt like we were annoying them by asking questions and he would give one word answers constantly. Work on your welcome spiel and you'll be onto a winner.

Wonderful atmosphere, clean. Host are friendly, very good food.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Lithuania

Ok hostel. The staff were a bit rude, however.

Clean, bright, fun hostel with lovely staff and lovely people! Close to the Medina, but with a more relaxed feel... Perfect!

Staff was not Really friendly and welcoming. Rooms, beds and bathrooms were clean.

Unfortunately we only had one night but staff were so helpful towards us! Felt safe and rooms were exactly as we expected them to be, had a big bathroom attached.

An okay Hostel. Nothing special. I´m still quite confused about the location as there was literally nothing around it. If you wanted to find a shop/restaurant you ahd to walk for about 10-15 minutes in the tiny streets of the medina. Not a great location for exploring the city I´d reckon. The hostel itself is quite nice, staff are decent (not too friendly, except the girls who work in the evening), okay-ishly clean, nice terrace. I´d probably stay again, because it´s really cheap.

thank you for your good comment. We appreciate it. We are in the heart of the Medina. You have shops and restaurant 5 minutes walking from the hostel. Probably you got lost. It is true that in the Medina, and specially at Fez, it is not easy to find your way. We hope to see you again.

great staff , clean and good location

Stayed here 4 years ago & came back cus I loved it then & still loved it this time around too. It's a great hostel, with a great atmosphere. The wifi is iffy, but works well enough. The AC is only turned on if you ask for it to be turned on. It's hot with out it and cold with it so get a blanket from the little closet in the dorm or ask for one.

Gracias por tu comentario. I hope that you will come again and still like our hostel. Contact us if you want also enjoy our other hostel in the South of Spain or Tangier and Chefchaouen. See you.

Lovely hostel and lovely staff. Internet slightly poor but aside from that a great hostel.

• 17th Sep 2015

Funky Fes was one of the best hostels I've ever been to. The staff are very helpful. The building has a beautiful, open layout that is great for hanging out and meeting people. This hostel and the people I met here was the highlight of my stay in Fes.

The location is quite good, right on the edge of the medina so you can get a taxi really close to the hostel. Staff could be a bit more engaging with the guests. The 12 bed dorm was quite spacious and didn't feel crowded. The wifi wasn't working properly and the staff didn't seem optimistic that it would be any time soon. Kitchen wasn't worth using. Breakfast was fairly nice. Still overall a fairly nice hostel and I'd stay again.

Good hostel,only fomplqin was tthebwashibg service which which had two days to only produce wet clothe, gratis!

Funky Fes is a great hostel with friendly staff. The rooms are clean and have air con available. The dinners offered each night are great value and really tasty. The terrace is the perfect place to meet other people and relax for the sunsets. We enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it for anyone looking to stay in Fes. Just beware of kids in the medina saying it's closed and trying to take you to their friends hostel instead, you'll be missing out if you do.

The kids and false guides are a problem in all Morocco. Thank you for staying with us and for your nice review. Hope to see you again or in our Funky hostels in the South of Spain.