Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

The cleaning ladies do an amazing job, the place was spotless. However,very unimpressed by the man who checked us in. He was atrocious, picking and choosing who he decided to help, making us feel stupid for asking simple questions. It was also irritating trying to be sold tours and food all the time by reception. Too commercial for a hostel. Kitchen facilities were absolute craap cuz they want u to buy their food. "Free lockers" if you have you own a lock that fits, no keys, it stays in door.

very expensive services. laundry service 5 euros meals 5 euros airport transfer 25 euros !!!!

Hi, thank you for your comment. All our food is home made. We charge 50 dhrs (less than 5 euros) food that in the restaurant you will pay more than 10 euros.

The two men who worked reception were awesome people and very helpful. The free breakfast every morning was amazing. They have some fairly priced traditional moroccan meals that you can order for lunch or dinner in the hostel. And chilling up on the terrace at night was an awesome time. We met so many other travelers and had a great time staying at the Funky Fes

thank you for your nice comments.

Rooms are big and have individual lockers and toilet is ensuite. Breakfast is good and included. Is well known by all the taxi drivers so it s easy to get there for everyone. It s quite clean and beds are not too bed. Good value for the money. They have a guide that for little money takes you around town and it really worths it! Only negative thing is the noise that could come from the patio as all the rooms face also the inside of the hostel like many in morocco( if people stay up till late. )

I was doubtful of the name, but this is actually an excellent hostel. A little tricky to find the first time, but well located after that. Breakfast was solid, 're eptionist spoke English ,French, Berber, and Arabic. The water sold at the hostel is equal to the price you''ll get in the medina. You can probably find cheaper food, but the hostel food is dependably good and well prepared. Listen to their directions on scams to avoid, and consider the tours as a way to get your bearings .

Spacious room and bathroom, nice breakfast, friendly staff and lots of info at the hostel for various morocco trips.

Just another cheap place to sleep. Not located close to medina-but given the craziness of that-that is probably for the ether. Staff was just ok. Decent common areas. Goodie breakfast. Fenot enough outlets in rooms. Rooms don't have any ventilation as all the 'windows' open into central enclosed road and there is no air flow. Not that I would ever return to few,but this is ok place to stay

Some of the staff and rules were rather strict.. I understand this is a muslim country, but an attitude such as I'd experienced should not be in a hostel. Otherwise it was good.

Thanks for all of your help and hospitality!

Go to Funky Fes! I like the dinners they served, lots of information etc.

This hostel is in a great location to see the medina and the staff were super helpful. The room was nice and clean, the tours and excursions were great, the food was good, and it was excellent value for money. Overall, I would recommend this hostel. The only negative was the rubbish Internet.

We had a really enjoyable time at the Funky Fes, I'm sure if we are back that way we will be staying again.

I had bed bug bites all over me after the stay there.

Enjoyed our stay in Fez

I had such a great time at this hostel! The women who work there have perfect English, and the guys don't know a word but pretend they do - we definitely had a lot of laughs! The hostel itself is great, and simply looks amazing inside, with an open roof over all the floors. Would definitely stay here again for sure!

We had a nice time at Funky Fes. The private room was big, with a comfy double bed and plenty of space to walk and store our stuff. Bathroom was also good, with shower and hot water at all times. It was actually the best room I had in a hostel! Breakfast was ok, tea/coffee with bread/crepe, butter and jam a boiled egg. The atmosphere was relaxed, there are 2 common rooms at ground floor plus 2 terraces if you want to meet other people or just sit down and do your business!

Very accommodating hostel in Fes. The staff is very nice and helpful with booking tours/figuring out trains and buses/etc. The medina tour through the hostel was great! Overall a great experience.

I must admit that when I first saw the name "Funky Fes" I had my doubts...but I was pleasantly surprised. I found Funky Fes to be a great hostel for all age groups. I definitely made some lifelong friends from various age groups. The facilities were clean and in proper working order(including the hot water). The staff were great and extremely knowledgeable, well-mannered and a great resource for any travel questions concerning Morocco. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Funky Fes was great. We did a walking tour and it was amazing!!! Our guide was so lovely and it was great value for money. Our afternoon driving tour was not as great unfortunately. Breakfast every morning was delicious, and the hostel even had a guitar for guests to play! Service was great, rooftop was great, bathrooms were great! A fabulous experience

Funky Fes has it all- wonderful staff, great accommodations, amazing rooftop terrace, and very friendly and cozy atmosphere. My friends and I absolutely loved Fes and this hostel, we could not have had a better experience here. The hostel food is amazing too, and you can't beat the breakfast. Thanks so much to Mohammed, Yahya, and Abdul for making our stay so amazing!!!

Thank you so much ! We all were pleased to have you here ! See you soon again.