Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

LOVE this place. Atmosphere, food, staff, everything was great. The fact that they helped coordinate trips with guides and things was also REALLY helpful! I did a great day trip with some people to middle atlas which would have been way harder to get together if we tried to organize it and find a guide and all that on our own.

I had a wonderful time in Fez. Funk Fez is a great name for a great place to stay. Everyone was friendly and the staff did a lot of our bookings for us. It was very chill and am happy I visited Fez.

Nice and helpfull staff, very cold in the chill out area (wintertime). A lot to do and very good city tour!

Lovely hostal. Nice view over Fes. A bit tricky to find. Not far from busstop.

Good location. Funky was the better of the two hostels I experienced in Fez.

Great Hostel with Great staff. Thank you Janet and Trevor Heath, Casa Grande, Arizona. November 2013

We booked a private room, clearly for 3 nights, was fine, but after two nights we had to move to another bed en breakfast because they had another big group coming. To be cooperative we didn't make a fuss, but it wasn't very inconvenient, the other B&B didn't have any facilities like Funky Fez, and we had to move all our stuff. They should note on there Hostelworld page; there is no alcohol permitted in the hostel or available in the near surrounding.

Nice little place. Lots of great people!

staff are great, really knowledgable and helpful. rooms are spacious and beds comfortable. not too far from medina. definitely the place to stay in Fez.

Such a helpful staff and the fellow travelers I met there were fantastic. Laid back, welcoming atmosphere. I wish I had arrived at the Funky Fez earlier to go on their excursion to the Sahara, as I trust their services to have no hidden price for X.Y and Z.

Great hostel for chilling out and chatting on the terrace under the stars.

Awesome place. Staff are funny and really accommodating. They are always present and will do their best to give you advice. Rooms are clean, spacious and have lockers. Wifi works well and the bathrooms are also good. Kitchen upstairs is excellent too. Sublime view from the terrace and within excellent distances of the Medina and other attractions. If returning to Fes I will definitely be staying here again.

I really liked the contact with the other travelers in this hostel. When I was staying there we had a lot of fun. I think that is mainly because of the other travelers, but also because the hostel has a great roof terrace with a lot of room to hang out and talk. I slept in the room on the roof terrace, my advice: Ask for that one when you`re booking, you step outside your room and you are outside in the sun, I really liked that. The guys in the hostel could by a little bit more friendly.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Hostel was located close to the Medina, and we were provided with a map to help us get around. Bathrooms were decently clean, bed was comfortable with warm blankets, atmosphere was lively especially at night where we met fellow travellers. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their stay at Funky Fes, and the dinner offered for 40 Dh was ok too. Breakfast was provided daily and it exceeded our expectations. Most importantly, the staff at the reception are very very helpful.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Singapore

Was a great stay, thanks

Very funky. Didn't get off to a great start as we waited an hour to be picked up at the airport as arranged but nobody came and there was no real recognition or apology. However, things got better! Close to the medina, staff on hand 24hours to help with whatever. Meals are good value and tasty. Breakfast is included and also good. Best internet we've had in ages.

Good atmosphere, very chill! Loved the terrace! Nice common area downstairs as well, so it was very easy to meet everyone! The hostel helps you with everything.. taxi reservations, informations. They organize a walking tour which was pretty good, specially 'cause Fes is very hard to walk around. Also organizes trips to the desert and other things! The bathroom was the biggest I've ever seen in a hostel!

Great value hostel run by lovely local people. Try the hammam it's an unforgettable experience!

• 27th Oct 2013

The locations is nice and the hostel is really beautiful with nice terrace. The we asked the stuff if there is any free room for another day. They made the reservation for us, without consulting us for the price ( they said we'll talk about it when they check the availability). Otherwise it was nice. We'll surely come back.

The hostel staff was amazing! For our first time in Morocco they were super helpful telling us what to do and what to avoid, despite the central location of our hostel I felt very safe there. The rooms were clean and the atmosphere of the hostel was amazing.