Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

The location is nice near Bab Rcif, but compared to similarly priced hostels in Morocco I was disappointed with the atmosphere - too conservative and quiet for my taste as a solo backpacker. The breakfast was good and the staff helpful, but overall it felt a little cold and unwelcoming. I've been in Morocco about 5 weeks and this was among my least favorite hostels, but your experience may well vary.

The best hostel I've stayed ever. Everthing there is okay. The staff is friendly and usefull.

Hostel could be more "honest" - less interested in that touristic trip building. All those excursions and the guide offers add a bit of not that sympathetic atmosphere to Funky Fes. Also the staff could be more helpful, interested in really showing something very interesting in Fes, have a better map. But thank you much for clean rooms, nice breakfast and cozy environment! I believe more cool people will come to stay here! (:

For the price it was amazing! The staff were very friendly and so helpful. They knew everything there was to know about Fez. Anything you asked of them they were willing to help with! Loved it here at Funky Fez :)

Hostel was nice, however DO NOT take the 150 euro desert tour from Fez to Marrakech. Tour is a money grab, and you can do it much cheaper by busing to Merzouga by yourself then finding a tour or doing tours out of Marrakech is a cheaper option as well.

The signs to help you get there are not so clear but breakfast and meals are really tasty and people in the reception are really nice and kind

My sister and I stayed at Funky Fes for a couple of days and were extremely pleased by the experience. The staff was so helpful and sweet! The food was great! And the overall atmosphere was awesome.

Everything you want from a hostel at a decent price - highly recommended! Thanks Funky Fez!

• 19th Jul 2014

We had an awesome stay at Funky Fes. Staff is really nice and helpful. The roof terrace is great. There is A/C in the rooms if you ask for it (at night only though). They have a cheap menu which is really good if you don't wanna leave the hostel to eat. The breakfeast is pretty nice too. Would definately recommend and go back there if I went back to Fes!!

Nice place but the air-conditioning should not be something you have to request, and when you do- you should be allowed to make it cooler- particularly in summer!!

Decent hostel. The location was good, it was right in the medina. Not too hard to find. The pick up from the train station was way over priced, take a cab instead. The staff was okay, but they had very good, reasonably priced food. The walking tour of the medina was very average, the guide brought us to a bunch of stores to try and sell us stuff. The excursions are way over priced as well, I would recommend doing the Sahara tour on your own.

The hostel is great, very clean, a big bathroom and a AC in the room, perfect for Morocco. They also do a great food for dinner or lunch for a good price. I indeed recommend the hostel when you go to Fes.

It was great that they had so much to offer. Many activities (camel ride, moroccan cooking lessons, etc) and even make a homemade dinner for you for a good price! Breakfast is offered as well so that works out very well as a traveller. There is a lot of space to meet people but also have your own quiet time. I really enjoyed the rooftop!

It was okay in terms of facilities but the staff is extremely cold to the point that they seemed rude. As a paying customer, I expect some kindof good treatment but there was nothing there. They also closed the terrace at 1 even though we were just sitting there hanging out which made me feel like a child. Overall, I would have changed hostels if I was there for another day because I (along with four other girls) felt very uncomfortable.

Very nice hostel! totally recommended! Clean and very nice and cheap food!! Although be careful for one thing! I asked the guy if he knows a nice hostel like Funky Fes in chefchaouen and he recommended ALINE HOSTEL, and so we went there. Since i haven't made a reservation through the site i cannot write my review directly to that hostel, so i write it here, maybe some one is saved: WATCH OUT. BED BUGS IN ALINE HOSTEL IN CHEFCHAOUEN!

a perfect choice for fes!the staff extremely friendly and helpful! clean and tidy

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Greece

Place was quite well situated near the medina. The guys who was working the whole time we were there was really nice and helpful, our cab didnt arrive so he even offered to cover the ride for us. Such a legend

Thank you for your nice comment. Live is done of legends. Come to visit us again or visit our hostels in Tanger and Spain !

Great place, good location. It's about a 5 minute walk from the main square, so please don't accept any offers from strangers to lead you there! I was a solo female traveller, and I found it with no problem given the hostels directions. People will offer to take you there but they'll mislead you and ask for money. Fes was a great place! Hostel was okay, good location, good for what you pay, the staff that was there was quite helpful and I met some awesome people there

Breakfast was good.

Thank you. We appreciate it !

We enjoyed our stay very much. It was our first hostal in marrakesh and we felt very welcome. Hostal has all comforts and a nice roof terrace! Breakfast was good, especially the melon! 100%recommendable!

Thank you very much. It was a pleasure !