Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Funky Fes has it all- wonderful staff, great accommodations, amazing rooftop terrace, and very friendly and cozy atmosphere. My friends and I absolutely loved Fes and this hostel, we could not have had a better experience here. The hostel food is amazing too, and you can't beat the breakfast. Thanks so much to Mohammed, Yahya, and Abdul for making our stay so amazing!!!

Thank you so much ! We all were pleased to have you here ! See you soon again.

Amaizing night at the Funky Fes hostel. Very good situation, the cleanest bedrooms and bathrooms I have seen during one week in Morrocco. Enjoy the wonderful dishes they cook, and do not hesitate to book the visit of the medina with their guide, he's really funny and interesting. Perfect for me and my friends, it's 100% rate for us.

thank you so much !!

Really good value for money. Great place and helpful staff. a lot of information and facilities.

Thank you for your nice comment. We hope to see you again.

Loved my stay here! Great atmosphere, and very easy to meet people. The walking tour thr hostel offered was also really great. Location was also great, right in the middle of old tow. Awesome hostel and would happily stay here again!

Really fantastic staff, beautiful building. Services they offer are amazing, go on the guided walking tour with Abdelali. The safari tour they organise is safe and excellent, our driver Salem was extremely friendly. The only criticism is that we got henna done that barely lasted a day :(

• 27th Mar 2015

Fantastic room, good service, excellent city guide. Room was a bit moisty.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Pleasant stay at this hostel in March. Found some of the things offered for sale slightly expensive such as the shisha (our shisha was half the price in another hostel in Morocco). Staff were the perfect balance between professional and friendly however. Would have liked more bathrooms in the 12 person dorm there was just the 1 ensuite. The roof terrace is amazing and the 50 dirham walking tour of the Medina the hostel offers is a must.

I had a short, but fantastic stay at Funky Fes - the bunks were some of the most comfortable I've slept on while traveling and the hostel itself was beautiful and incredibly clean.

Thank you for your good comment. See you again !

Great atmosphere, stylish common areas, wonderful breakfast, very easy to meet people, clean sheets and warm blankets, great value for money - what else could you want? The only thing is that you need to walk about 10' to reach the main bit of the medina, but not really a problem for me. I would definitely stay there again :)

Thank you . We are in heart of the Medina. 4 minutes walking to R'Cif. Boujloud is the entrance of the Medina. We hope to see you soon again.

Staff were friendly, the hostel was very clean and tidy, but the atmosphere was lacking.

Positive: private room is spacious and very comfortable, terrace on the roof is very lovely, breakfast is good, you can have price worthy meals, also vegetarian, staff is friendly, close to medina Negative: wifi is not everywhere available and even in common area very slow

Loved the guy on the desk, he was super helpful. Good all round hostel, great atmosphere.

• 12th Mar 2015

Awesome place!

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

My travel mates and I had such a great experience at this hostel! We highly recommend it! I also wish I had done the henna at the hostel. It was too late by the time that I asked for it, and I went to Marrakesh afterwards where it was way more expensive. We also really enjoyed the walking tour through the medina, we definitely would have gotten lost otherwise. The guide was really great- Abdelali Moustakim! We learned a lot about Moroccan culture from him and he was super friendly!

Thank you. We will transmit your congratulations to the guide. Yes, to know the Culture is very important. Regards

This was an awesome place to stay in Fes, with lots of activities organized by the hostel. Great atmosphere and the chance to meet lots of cool travelers from around the world in the lobby. The only downside was that only two (out of 6) of the outlets in my room worked with my plug adapter, and they were far away from my bed. But there are lots of outlets downstairs! Try the mint tea and chicken pastela!

In a really great location, right by the medina. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere of the hostel makes kt easy to meet up with other travelers. Such good service and a great place to stay, only downside is the wifi goes in and out but otherwise it's awesome

• 5th Mar 2015

Thank you, for your nice comment. Sorry about the internet but the problem is in all Medina, more than in our hostel. See you soon again.

A great hostel in the old medina of fes with very friendly staff. The shower heads hang too low for Dutch people though. Nice breakfast and good facilities with great value for money so I can recommend this hostel to anyone.

An absolutely fantastic experience. I couldn't have been happier with my first time at a hostel, especially in Morocco. The food was great, the staff was helpful, and the tours and tour guides were wonderful and helped us discover more about the culture. The one thing you should know if you decide to have Funky Fes pick you up from the airport, do not expect a typical shuttle bus! It was just the driver's car that we squeezed 6 people into. It wasn't a problem, but don't be surprised!

• 23rd Feb 2015

A little bit far away from the entrance of the medina, just one guy in the staff to organize a lot of things, like check in , washer and food service. The kitchen was horrible, just a few equipments, very dirty and small. It was impossible to cook something there !

No experience with African hostels before I can see the efforts of the staff.