Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

The French guy at the front desk from Granada--> the best The tour by Abdul -->amazing the lady at the front desk was very nice :) Great rooftop!

Thank you for your nice review. We are very glad that you enjoyed the hostels and the facilities. Thanks also for the staff.

I don't wish to criticize the staff in any way, it's just that there are busy times, when it takes a lot of patience with booking in (or checking out). They give a lot of useful information and do it well, but there can be delays. The cooking was exceptional. Nothing I ate outside the hostel could compare for price or taste. It is a noisy place - at night - that's the nature of the beast. The value was superb. It's nice to have a book shelf too, greatly appreciated

• 6th Sep 2015

Funky Fes is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed, congratulations!!! ;-) I felt really welcomed. The first day I checked in, I found my name written on a black board - welcoming sign. A simple thing, yet meaningful & such a kind gesture. It's very clean, you can do laundry for your dirty clothes after your long and dusty Sahara trip. Staffs are nice and helpful. BUT, what I love the most is: THE FOOD FROM THEIR CHEF MRS. HOURIA !!! OMG, she's just awesome on cooking. TRY HER FOOD !!!

My favourite hostel in Morocco. Yahya at the front desk was very helpful. It was very easy to connect with other people and book tours together. I made some great friends. Food is really good, no need to go outside for a meal. I would definitely recommend staying at this hostel.

Had an amazing stay. Great food, people, and planned activities. Always a really nice atmosphere with a great terrace.

Staff could have been more friendly and helpful. But great location and easy to get to medina and to the city. We stayed in a private room, it was lovely and cheap!

The hostel is beautiful, has AC in all rooms, You may need to ask the staff to turn it on,But there will be no problem on doing it. Good breakfast. It think the tours they offer are not cheap at all. You can do the same for less money. Staff was nice, not great. Tip: there is a bus to go from the train station to the medina/hostel. The kitchen was not great, but is because almost no one cooks.

Kitchen is horrendous, is okay for money but don't expect too much. I found the staff to be pretty unfriendly also.

I am sorry that you did'nt like our kitchen. Almost travellers found it very good and cheap.

A good hostel inside the medina. Petite taxi from the train station only cost me 11 Dirhams. Kitchen is a little basic but it does the job. Decent roof terrace. Recommended.

The staff was really good, which made it for me. I was taking a late train, 2:30am, and they told us we could shower if we wanted. That was thoughtful and made my overnight trip better. Thanks!!

• 14th Aug 2015