Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

Go to Funky Fes! I like the dinners they served, lots of information etc.

This hostel is in a great location to see the medina and the staff were super helpful. The room was nice and clean, the tours and excursions were great, the food was good, and it was excellent value for money. Overall, I would recommend this hostel. The only negative was the rubbish Internet.

We had a really enjoyable time at the Funky Fes, I'm sure if we are back that way we will be staying again.

I had bed bug bites all over me after the stay there.

Enjoyed our stay in Fez

I had such a great time at this hostel! The women who work there have perfect English, and the guys don't know a word but pretend they do - we definitely had a lot of laughs! The hostel itself is great, and simply looks amazing inside, with an open roof over all the floors. Would definitely stay here again for sure!

We had a nice time at Funky Fes. The private room was big, with a comfy double bed and plenty of space to walk and store our stuff. Bathroom was also good, with shower and hot water at all times. It was actually the best room I had in a hostel! Breakfast was ok, tea/coffee with bread/crepe, butter and jam a boiled egg. The atmosphere was relaxed, there are 2 common rooms at ground floor plus 2 terraces if you want to meet other people or just sit down and do your business!

Very accommodating hostel in Fes. The staff is very nice and helpful with booking tours/figuring out trains and buses/etc. The medina tour through the hostel was great! Overall a great experience.

I must admit that when I first saw the name "Funky Fes" I had my doubts...but I was pleasantly surprised. I found Funky Fes to be a great hostel for all age groups. I definitely made some lifelong friends from various age groups. The facilities were clean and in proper working order(including the hot water). The staff were great and extremely knowledgeable, well-mannered and a great resource for any travel questions concerning Morocco. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Funky Fes was great. We did a walking tour and it was amazing!!! Our guide was so lovely and it was great value for money. Our afternoon driving tour was not as great unfortunately. Breakfast every morning was delicious, and the hostel even had a guitar for guests to play! Service was great, rooftop was great, bathrooms were great! A fabulous experience

Funky Fes has it all- wonderful staff, great accommodations, amazing rooftop terrace, and very friendly and cozy atmosphere. My friends and I absolutely loved Fes and this hostel, we could not have had a better experience here. The hostel food is amazing too, and you can't beat the breakfast. Thanks so much to Mohammed, Yahya, and Abdul for making our stay so amazing!!!

Thank you so much ! We all were pleased to have you here ! See you soon again.

Amaizing night at the Funky Fes hostel. Very good situation, the cleanest bedrooms and bathrooms I have seen during one week in Morrocco. Enjoy the wonderful dishes they cook, and do not hesitate to book the visit of the medina with their guide, he's really funny and interesting. Perfect for me and my friends, it's 100% rate for us.

thank you so much !!

Really good value for money. Great place and helpful staff. a lot of information and facilities.

Thank you for your nice comment. We hope to see you again.

Loved my stay here! Great atmosphere, and very easy to meet people. The walking tour thr hostel offered was also really great. Location was also great, right in the middle of old tow. Awesome hostel and would happily stay here again!

Really fantastic staff, beautiful building. Services they offer are amazing, go on the guided walking tour with Abdelali. The safari tour they organise is safe and excellent, our driver Salem was extremely friendly. The only criticism is that we got henna done that barely lasted a day :(

• 27th Mar 2015

Fantastic room, good service, excellent city guide. Room was a bit moisty.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Pleasant stay at this hostel in March. Found some of the things offered for sale slightly expensive such as the shisha (our shisha was half the price in another hostel in Morocco). Staff were the perfect balance between professional and friendly however. Would have liked more bathrooms in the 12 person dorm there was just the 1 ensuite. The roof terrace is amazing and the 50 dirham walking tour of the Medina the hostel offers is a must.

I had a short, but fantastic stay at Funky Fes - the bunks were some of the most comfortable I've slept on while traveling and the hostel itself was beautiful and incredibly clean.

Thank you for your good comment. See you again !

Great atmosphere, stylish common areas, wonderful breakfast, very easy to meet people, clean sheets and warm blankets, great value for money - what else could you want? The only thing is that you need to walk about 10' to reach the main bit of the medina, but not really a problem for me. I would definitely stay there again :)

Thank you . We are in heart of the Medina. 4 minutes walking to R'Cif. Boujloud is the entrance of the Medina. We hope to see you soon again.

Staff were friendly, the hostel was very clean and tidy, but the atmosphere was lacking.