Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

I met amazing people here and the atmosphere was amazing - first night sat in the roof eating watermelon. I went on the tour for MAD5 led by a great character of a man (set up via hostel). The staff are welcoming and friendly (don't understand the review below moaning about it). You get a free breakfast which is pretty decent. You're very close to the centre of Fez. Loved my stay. Thank you Funky Fez!

We had a lovely stay at Funky Fes Hostel. Clean rooms, good breakfast and staff that is super friendly. Special thanks to Yahya for his great assistance.

• 10th Aug 2014

I had a wonderful time at funky fez. The staff are extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Of all the hostels I visited on my travels around morocco, this one was definitely my favorite. Terrific atmosphere (although it gets a little hot indoors during the day, but the forms have fans!), the price is excellent, and you'll really have he sense that you'll be taken care of there if you need anything. My personal favorite thing was that they have a guitar for general use! Will go back if I can!

The room of the first floor is very noise and smell not so good specially considering that is a room for 5 people with the bathroom inside the same room and at least for 3 days was not cleaned once.

The staff are really friendly and helpful, they coordinate a lot of excursions and activities within Fes, the place is clean, and the atmosphere is friendly and social. The only drawback, and it's not a huge deal, is that it's a bit far from the main areas you'll probably want to see. Not super far, but it's not right in the heart of things.

The location is nice near Bab Rcif, but compared to similarly priced hostels in Morocco I was disappointed with the atmosphere - too conservative and quiet for my taste as a solo backpacker. The breakfast was good and the staff helpful, but overall it felt a little cold and unwelcoming. I've been in Morocco about 5 weeks and this was among my least favorite hostels, but your experience may well vary.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »