Funky Fes Reviews

60, Arset Lamdelssi - Bab Jdid - Fes Medina, Fez, Morocco

A good hostel but a couple small things, terrace closed at midnight, food is somewhat pricey (but very good), guided desert tours are pricey. Staff is very helpful, good accommodations, good free breakfast, right by the Medina. Overall a good choice.

thank you. We have funky dinner for 40 dhrs (less than 4 euros). Our tours have the same price that in other hostels because we use the same transport companies. We are glad that you appreciate our staff and you choise us for accommodation.

Slept well, comfortable beds. 4 person dorm had its own bathroom. Very clean. Only 2 sockets out of 8 had electricity in the room. Nice balcony outside dorm. Problem as people who smoke it comes into the dorm & some people stay up late at night talking, difficult to sleep before midnight. Front desk nice but more interested in selling tours. Do the dessert trip yourself, cheaper, you see more & all the riads in Merzourga make arrangements for less. Fez stay 1 day & 1 or 2 nights

pretty hostel in a hood location, offer a good dinner and many tours, not much atmosphere

Thank your, dear, for your comment. We are in the Medina and when the shops close there is not much atmosphere. We try to create it at Funky.

Great hostel to meet other people. It's clean and conveniently located in the medina. Dinners are of good quality and size. Staff were very friendly. I'd highly recommend the guided walking tour organised by the hostel.

Nice hostel tucked away from the bustle of primary medina. Can be a slight challenge to find but that is all of Fes. Met some cool people here and liked that they have both a main floor and roof top common area! Staff were nice and helpful. Also useful that they have fridge/kitchen if you want to avoid the madness outside of the hostel.

Do the walking tour with the hostel in the morning and that's about all you need. It's like four hours for 5 bucks and the guide is unreal.

thank you. Our Medina tour is very good. After 3 hours of visit you really know the culture and some history of Fez and Morocco.

It was my first time in Morocco and funky fes completely made me feel at home. The staff were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was great! It is located outside of the medina, which is perfect as you get to go away from all the craziness. I would definitely recommend going to funky fes,

Thank you for your nices appreciations. We do our best.

Lovely, clean hostel with relaxed vibes.

• 6th Jun 2015

Thanks the cleaness is very important to us.

Comfortable beds and excellent staff. Will answer any questions about excursions and even tell you about the little extras the company will charge you for (like which meals are free and which aren't, etc). Definitely stay here and book a trip. I recommend 3 days/2 nights in Sahara, any less isn't enough to see much.

The Funky Fes staff is excellent. I have stayed at many hostels and I found the staff at Funky Fes particularly friendly and hospitable. Also, the free breakfast at Funky Fes is a real meal! In my experience many hostels that advertise free "breakfast" don't give you much more than toast and instant coffee. The hostel has many activities organized so it is easy to get to know the city and other guests.

• 4th Jun 2015

Thanks !! the staff will be very glad of your comment. Yes, our guests appreciate our activities. Come again to visit us.

Mohammed was wonderful!! He remembered everyone's names and was extremely helpful in his recommendations. Extremely friendly and a delight to have at the hostel! Terrific location very close to the medina and the gate. Taxis, buses, and restaurants were also very close.

thank you for your comment. We appreciate that your liked the staff, and specially Mohamed. We try to do our best. We hope to have you again.

I stayed at Funky Fes twice and was in a different room each time. In the first room the bedding was quite thin with some holes. Maybe time for some new sheets. The breakfasts were delicious though! I loved the location as it was always easy to find my way home. Also really close by to taxis so getting to bus station and other things in the new town was easy. Mohammed at reception was helpful, kind and always smiling!

thank your for your comment and recommendations. We take note. We are glad that you liked your stay and our staff. See you again.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »