Funky Granada Reviews

Conde de las Infantas, 15-17, Granada, Spain

We booked Funky Granada but due to a refurb we were moved to The Meridiano, its sister hostel. Staff were great, friendly, informative. The location good and central.The room however left ALOT to be desired. It was very cold- not heating and there were four duvets on our beds-with no covers ewww! The floor was dirty and the bathroom had mould on ceiling- toilet dripped constantly . There was only one light bulb working and one socket. There was a whole in the wall where a switch should be ....

We had a good stay at Funky Granada--the staff was accommodating and we found the rooms comfortable with warm winter bed spreads. Pros: location, price, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, breakfast. Cons: No lockers (only a safe shared by the entire room), wifi didn't work in rooms. I would recommend Funky!

• 23rd Nov 2013

Unfortunatelly here I got one of the worse hostel experiences. The reason is because when I arrived the receptionist actually found out that I booked and payed for a bed which doesn't exist in the hostel and all rooms were full. It was very unpleasant beginning of my stay, fortunately the hungarian receptionist was very nice and she found an extra bed for me( but I must say that this folding bed was VERY bad). and I also booked 3 female bed dorm and I shared the room with 2 boys..

very cool spot in a great district. beds were clean, each room had their own bathroom, and staff were friendly and more than willing to help. only thing i didn't like is that common area had an open roof, which i'm sure is awesome in the summer, but i was there in the winter and it was too cold to hang out and socialize in that area.

The common rooms and halls/stairs were very cold, but there was a large heater in the rooms, so they were fine. The room and bathroom were clean, though limited hot water, and the beds were comfortable. Also the breakfast was good, but the basement where we ate was freezing. There weren't lockers in our room, but instead two small safes, so you can't lock up your whole bag like other places. The location is good. It is close to everything, but on the quieter side of town, Good for sleep.

I have no complaints for this hostel. Cleanliness was good, beds were comfortable, and the staff was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to someone staying in Granada.

I loved this hostel. Its decor is great and makes you feel at home. Not only is there a small kitchen/fridge in your room but also a bigger one to cook quite comfortably in downstairs. Breakfast is well stocked and free. Rooms are comfortable. Location is perfect and the staff were so helpful. Highly recommend.

Just spent a night here, but got the impression that it looked more as a place to stay while studying at the city than a hostel. Didn't see anyone hanging out in the common areas while was there. The location is walking distance from the city center and the bars, a little bit further from Alhambra and the neighborhood Albaicin but you can still get there by foot! The room was pretty neat and clean so was the bathroom inside the room. Really good place to chill!

Clean and friendly, great location and transport links. Good value. Very jolly decor.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice hostel, good location, clean, and great paella on paella night! The beds were not the best though, I was in the top bunk bed (without a rail...) and even the tiniest movement caused the whole bed to swing and squeak. Other than that I had a good time at the hostel.

Shower head was only handheld and it was a verrrrryyy quiet hostel. Staff was helpful and location was great! Granada is also absolutely amazing.

I had a really good experience with Funky Granada. Very central location, amazing staff- they recommendations helped me to explore the Granada province and discover Alpujarra, nice roof-top terrace for breakfest and very comfortable rooms. Great place to stay in Granada!