Funky Granada Reviews

Conde de las Infantas, 15-17, Granada, Spain

We booked Funky Granada but due to a refurb we were moved to The Meridiano, its sister hostel. Staff were great, friendly, informative. The location good and central.The room however left ALOT to be desired. It was very cold- not heating and there were four duvets on our beds-with no covers ewww! The floor was dirty and the bathroom had mould on ceiling- toilet dripped constantly . There was only one light bulb working and one socket. There was a whole in the wall where a switch should be ....

We had a good stay at Funky Granada--the staff was accommodating and we found the rooms comfortable with warm winter bed spreads. Pros: location, price, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, breakfast. Cons: No lockers (only a safe shared by the entire room), wifi didn't work in rooms. I would recommend Funky!

• 23rd Nov 2013

Unfortunatelly here I got one of the worse hostel experiences. The reason is because when I arrived the receptionist actually found out that I booked and payed for a bed which doesn't exist in the hostel and all rooms were full. It was very unpleasant beginning of my stay, fortunately the hungarian receptionist was very nice and she found an extra bed for me( but I must say that this folding bed was VERY bad). and I also booked 3 female bed dorm and I shared the room with 2 boys..

very cool spot in a great district. beds were clean, each room had their own bathroom, and staff were friendly and more than willing to help. only thing i didn't like is that common area had an open roof, which i'm sure is awesome in the summer, but i was there in the winter and it was too cold to hang out and socialize in that area.

The common rooms and halls/stairs were very cold, but there was a large heater in the rooms, so they were fine. The room and bathroom were clean, though limited hot water, and the beds were comfortable. Also the breakfast was good, but the basement where we ate was freezing. There weren't lockers in our room, but instead two small safes, so you can't lock up your whole bag like other places. The location is good. It is close to everything, but on the quieter side of town, Good for sleep.

I have no complaints for this hostel. Cleanliness was good, beds were comfortable, and the staff was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to someone staying in Granada.

I loved this hostel. Its decor is great and makes you feel at home. Not only is there a small kitchen/fridge in your room but also a bigger one to cook quite comfortably in downstairs. Breakfast is well stocked and free. Rooms are comfortable. Location is perfect and the staff were so helpful. Highly recommend.

Just spent a night here, but got the impression that it looked more as a place to stay while studying at the city than a hostel. Didn't see anyone hanging out in the common areas while was there. The location is walking distance from the city center and the bars, a little bit further from Alhambra and the neighborhood Albaicin but you can still get there by foot! The room was pretty neat and clean so was the bathroom inside the room. Really good place to chill!

Clean and friendly, great location and transport links. Good value. Very jolly decor.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice hostel, good location, clean, and great paella on paella night! The beds were not the best though, I was in the top bunk bed (without a rail...) and even the tiniest movement caused the whole bed to swing and squeak. Other than that I had a good time at the hostel.

Shower head was only handheld and it was a verrrrryyy quiet hostel. Staff was helpful and location was great! Granada is also absolutely amazing.

I had a really good experience with Funky Granada. Very central location, amazing staff- they recommendations helped me to explore the Granada province and discover Alpujarra, nice roof-top terrace for breakfest and very comfortable rooms. Great place to stay in Granada!

Highly recommend this hostel. Staff is awesome. Nadia and Lulu are so helpful. Nadia even tried to help me to search for bus to a village. You can leave your backpack here even when you have checked out already. Room is nice, clean. Ask for a bed on first floor, so you have chance to get wifi right from your bed. Kitchen is ready for you too. The only problem here is hot water. It's so difficult to adjust tap to get warm water as you want. Please fix this and you'll be a perfect hostel.

Hi Hang! Thanks a lot for staying with us and for your kind review. Sorry about the hot water issue in your bathroom; we have fixed it. Best regards from all of us!

The staff was terrific -- willing to go out of their way to help me get into my room and settled. They were knowledgeable and helpful and always offered their full attention to whoever they were helping.

Hi Georgann. Thanks so much for your review. It was great to have you as our guest in our funky place.

We had a small issue with the room we were given originally and I really appreciated that the stuff swiftly rellocated us to a different room without any problems.

Hi Michaela. Glad you liked your stay with us! All the best to you!

This place was clean, the staff was nice, and it was in a good location. The atmosphere was alright. They had lots of activities. The hot springs were awesome and totally worth it. The flamenco show at La Rocío was super touristy and not very good. Not the fault of the hostel - just a recommendation to anyone who stays there!

Hi Laura. We are glad you liked the staff, the location, the atmosphere and the activities. Hot springs are very popular – as is flamenco. The majority of visitors to La Rocio do like it, otherwise we would not be offering it. A lot of flamenco shows in Granada happen in the caves in Sacromonte. This is a unique environment and flamenco in a cave cannot be experienced anywhere else in Spain.

We loved the place. It was close to everything.. a bit noisy at night. Didn't really matter if u plan on going out ur self at night. Would certainly stay there again

Hello Sanaya. Thanks for your review. We will never forget your kind and joyful presence in our hostel. All the best in your future travels!

Staff were lovely and very helpful. Offered a range of excursions and activities for travellers. Breakfast was basic but did the job. I'd go back there again.

Hi Belinda, thank you very much for you kind review. You´ll be very welcome if you decide to come visit us again. You can also check out our other hostels in Spain (Funky Cordoba) or in Morocco (Funky Fes).

Decent hostel - clean bed and bathrooms, staff is nice. It fits all the basic needs. I am a traveler who relies heavily on internet, and while they theoretically had it, it didn't reach anywhere besides the front desk area and that was only sporadically. Even the two hostel-owned computers in the basement couldn't connect.

Hello Ella, thanks for your review. Sorry about the internet connection. We are in the process of improving the wifi signal strength, so next time when you arrive, it will reach all areas of the hostel. All the best in your travels.

It´s a nice hostel, the rooms seem like flats all connected via an atrium. you have enough space there and a nice roof terrace. the common area on the ground floor wasn´t that pretty, but offered a kitchen. the wifi was very patchy all over the building, and the public computers couldn´t connect to the internet at all.