Funky Hostel and Apartments Reviews

Top Floor, Kr Barona 25, LV-1011, Riga, Latvia

The place definitely isn't as advertised. I'll start positive, it is very clean, has a unique feel and definitely has everything you need. As for location it is not around anything. Old town is a good 25 minute walk if you know where you're going. The worst part was the staff, there's one guy that I saw who was weird awkward and very unapproachable. Every question I had he had a comeback as if I was stupid. If you want to meet people don't come here. It's a good hangover hostel. Good for old ppl

Only one shower and one toilet for entire hostel was a liittle to less.

Far to the apartment, the hostel had way better location! But we wanted privacy so I guess it was worth it anyway :) Very helpful staff!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Everything was great.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Latvia

Definitely top 3 hostels I've stayed at. Nice common area, decent breakfast, very homey, and everyone was super nice. Even had security lockers so I can lock up my valuables. Only minor complaint is that the curtains don't block out a lot of light so bring a sleep mask!

Welcomed by very friendly staff although we came in late at night. The bed and room was very comfortable and clean. The kitchen provides everything if you want to prepare your meals. I can definitely recommend this place, it felt more to be like part of a big and nice shared apartment.

I'm very disappointed by our stay at Funky Hostel. The staff seemed disorganized and the washrooms were disgusting during our two nights there. There were messes in the toilets and the shower room smelled moldy. There were some shady characters staying there as well, drinking vodka at 7:30 am and asking me menacingly if I had a problem with that. After that I stayed in my room whenever I was at the hostel.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have taken steps to ensure that there are less chance of encountering shady characters n the future. Cleanliness and guest satisfaction is our top priority.