Funky Hostel and Apartments Reviews

Top Floor, Kr Barona 25, LV-1011, Riga, Latvia

More of a chill hostel slightly away from busy old town, but in a good area. Over looking a beautiful 1903 Art Neavou building. Large apartment feel with original wood flooring, large common room

This hostel is a must ! It is a bit up high (4th floor by foot), but once you made it up, the staff is super helpful on all sorts of matters, it is very well maintained, and the feeling is that of a homey old apartment. The door codes and lockers make it very safe. The beds are standard and clean (I had a 6 beds dorm), and the view on that art-deco building is stunning (room 3). Good hot showers too. Oh, and, A+ for the included breakfasts.

The place definitely isn't as advertised. I'll start positive, it is very clean, has a unique feel and definitely has everything you need. As for location it is not around anything. Old town is a good 25 minute walk if you know where you're going. The worst part was the staff, there's one guy that I saw who was weird awkward and very unapproachable. Every question I had he had a comeback as if I was stupid. If you want to meet people don't come here. It's a good hangover hostel. Good for old ppl

Only one shower and one toilet for entire hostel was a liittle to less.

Far to the apartment, the hostel had way better location! But we wanted privacy so I guess it was worth it anyway :) Very helpful staff!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Everything was great.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Latvia

Definitely top 3 hostels I've stayed at. Nice common area, decent breakfast, very homey, and everyone was super nice. Even had security lockers so I can lock up my valuables. Only minor complaint is that the curtains don't block out a lot of light so bring a sleep mask!

Welcomed by very friendly staff although we came in late at night. The bed and room was very comfortable and clean. The kitchen provides everything if you want to prepare your meals. I can definitely recommend this place, it felt more to be like part of a big and nice shared apartment.