Funky Hostel and Apartments Reviews

Top Floor, Kr Barona 25, LV-1011, Riga, Latvia

Welcomed by very friendly staff although we came in late at night. The bed and room was very comfortable and clean. The kitchen provides everything if you want to prepare your meals. I can definitely recommend this place, it felt more to be like part of a big and nice shared apartment.

I'm very disappointed by our stay at Funky Hostel. The staff seemed disorganized and the washrooms were disgusting during our two nights there. There were messes in the toilets and the shower room smelled moldy. There were some shady characters staying there as well, drinking vodka at 7:30 am and asking me menacingly if I had a problem with that. After that I stayed in my room whenever I was at the hostel.

Nice hostel, good equipped kitchen, good beds, and near the city centre. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are big (specially the private rooms) The only bad thing that I could say about the place is that is in a 4th floor, no lift, but that is good for your legs :) not that good to carry the luggage up and down.

It was very nice and kind staing. It's good place to stay when u are looking for comfort and cauzy atmosphere:).

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Lithuania

The hostel is not next to the train station nor the Old Town but easily accessible by tramway. This is a small one, calm and suits small groups of people who do not find noisy nights. The staff is friendly and helpful with useful advice about the city, foods, places to visit. There are lockers under the bed which help you sleep without worry at night.