Funky Mamaliga Hostel Reviews

str. Kogalniceanu 16, Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova

Some staff very helpful and friendly, others less so. Lovely little shady garden area where you can enjoy a cold beer. Excellent security... big lockers and staff on duty 24 hours. Very close to centre and some good places to eat. Good kitchen facilities. But only one shower for the whole hostel and the communal area (the only place you can get wifi) is very small. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

A very nice hostel directly in the centre of Chisinau. 10 minutes walk to blvd. Stefan cel mare. Great accomodoation and nice facilities.

I had a wonderful time at Funky. The staff was nice, the location was good and directions were easy to follow. I had a very early flight to catch and the women working here remembered to wake me up in the morning. I overslept my alarm and would have missed the flight without her. Big Thanks!

bed clothers is not good, very tough. The big room is very close to common room and noisy

Very nice and pleasant hostel, good location. I would definetely reccommend it to everyone.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Poland

Everythig was very colorful in a good way and great athmosphere,the only minus was the breakfast,but then again that's not why we chose the hostel,so it's great for what we paid.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Romania

It tully is as funky as the name tells!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Nice friendly hostel with a nice homely cosy atmosphere, I liked it a lot so I stayed longer, it would be a lot easier if guests had there own key for coming in and out.

I liked this hostel a lot. It is very easy to find, and in walking distance from the main bus station. The neighborhood is central and safe to walk at nights. Clean hostel with nice personality.