Funky Mamaliga Hostel Reviews

str. Kogalniceanu 16, Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova

clean, nice , but it was cold and there was a problem with hot water

There was almost no life in this place, the staff mostly seemed down with life and the other guests had no interest in getting s beer or even leaving their beds most dsys, they wanted to charge me extra just because I arrived early. Not a fan

Could be one of the best values for money in the world Moldova felt safe with warm locals Suggest one day monastery One day winery One day Transneister One day r and r / hair and nails They need a printer and coffee machine Altho great Italian coffee nearby and meals are so cheap no need to cook in hostel

I've made a booking at Funky Mamaliga but they didn't have free places for us. They made us wait around 30 minutes outside of the hostel to take us to a different places. In the time we were waiting, tired after a whole night trip, the staff were playing on facebook. Then someone has taken us to a different hostel where they wanted us to pay a higher price than in Mamaliga. They've also ignored that 12% was paid by reservation. the other hostel was full of noisy Romanians so no good night sleep

The owner was extremely rude, aggressive and money grabbing. I was charged three times as much as a taxi to be collected from the bus station. I felt sorry for the lovely staff who worked for this man. There was hardly any water coming out of the shower hose and I was unable to wash my hair. I reported this to the staff who did nothing about it. It was the only bad hostel that I stayed in during my eight weeks of travel this summer. The disgusting the washing up sponge in the kitchen was filthy.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Good hostel, located about 15-20 minutes from the city center. The only knock is that there is only one shower, but I'd stay here again.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The location was also good and the hostel clean. Difficult to talk about the atmosphere as the hostel was mostly booked out by a group. There were very few persons there outside this group. Overall good value for money. Areas that could be improved on are the single shower for almost 25 people meaning having to arrange a rota to use the shower! Additionally, the rooms were very hot - fans would be an excellent idea.

Nice place with lovely garden under grape roof where you can really relax.Manager lady was very nice to the guests and very helpful with any information you need ,very grateful!Relating staff,some was very nice,some unhelpful and not communicable at all..In general it's a great place to stay.

Some staff very helpful and friendly, others less so. Lovely little shady garden area where you can enjoy a cold beer. Excellent security... big lockers and staff on duty 24 hours. Very close to centre and some good places to eat. Good kitchen facilities. But only one shower for the whole hostel and the communal area (the only place you can get wifi) is very small. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

Excellent value at 5 Euros a night. Wifi was fast, the hostel was clean, nice kitchen, and cozy (small) dining room table, but there were extra tables outside in the beautiful courtyard. There was also a hammock! Staff is hit-or-miss, with some staff being more helpful/knowledgeable than others, but all were friendly. Only one shower and one additional toilet for whole hostel, which got annoying when hostel became full on weekends. No. 1 Supermarket is nearby, city center is 10 minutes walking.

A very nice hostel directly in the centre of Chisinau. 10 minutes walk to blvd. Stefan cel mare. Great accomodoation and nice facilities.

I had a wonderful time at Funky. The staff was nice, the location was good and directions were easy to follow. I had a very early flight to catch and the women working here remembered to wake me up in the morning. I overslept my alarm and would have missed the flight without her. Big Thanks!