Funky Mamaliga Hostel Reviews

str. Kogalniceanu 16, Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova

Very good hostel , helpful, friendly staff. , I would recommend this hostel if you are visiting Chisinau. Three weeks earlier I stayed for one night , I left my sunglasses behind , thanks to the staff for keeping them for me.

Hostel occupies a house in a residential area. Even has a small yard and hammock. Nice place. Would stay here again. The only drawback is the long distance from the train station. Requires 30 minutes walking, a trip on a tight minibus or a potential rip-off taxi. Once here, however, everything is cool and Funky.

Kind of sketchy entrance when arriving at night but overall good hostel. Wouldn't recommend going to Moldova in general but fine stay.

I was made to feel very welcome at this homestay-like hostel. Ruda was a great host, despite being new to the job, and he made for pleasant company. Constantin was also a good guy to have on board and picked me up from the station after midnight. The only negatives would be: The beds are a little bit old and the springs are a little uncomfortable. The breakfast leaves much to be desired. Slightly stale bread and jam is what it is - but it does the job I suppose! I would stay here again :)

If you don't expect too much you won't be disapointed but be prepared :)when we asked about the breakfast included the staff just smiled and said it doesn't exist .They weren't very organized I had to move 2 times because it turned out that I have put my things on somebody elses bed even if I asked the staff if I can have that bed.Just 1 shower so you have to stay in line,the commonroom is almost inexistent.It has a nice garden and it's close to the center,some of the staff were nice&helpful

Was one of the best time, which spent in abroad.

it was very beautiful and the staff so friendly and helped me with everything best hostel i have ever seen,,the manager a great women and i enjoyed there and it was nice :) and i think that everyone who wants to travel to chisinau he should have to stay at Funky Hostel.

• 5th Jan 2015