Funky Mamaliga Hostel Reviews

str. Kogalniceanu 16, Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova

I was made to feel very welcome at this homestay-like hostel. Ruda was a great host, despite being new to the job, and he made for pleasant company. Constantin was also a good guy to have on board and picked me up from the station after midnight. The only negatives would be: The beds are a little bit old and the springs are a little uncomfortable. The breakfast leaves much to be desired. Slightly stale bread and jam is what it is - but it does the job I suppose! I would stay here again :)

If you don't expect too much you won't be disapointed but be prepared :)when we asked about the breakfast included the staff just smiled and said it doesn't exist .They weren't very organized I had to move 2 times because it turned out that I have put my things on somebody elses bed even if I asked the staff if I can have that bed.Just 1 shower so you have to stay in line,the commonroom is almost inexistent.It has a nice garden and it's close to the center,some of the staff were nice&helpful

Was one of the best time, which spent in abroad.

it was very beautiful and the staff so friendly and helped me with everything best hostel i have ever seen,,the manager a great women and i enjoyed there and it was nice :) and i think that everyone who wants to travel to chisinau he should have to stay at Funky Hostel.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Iraq

didnt stay at funky but at RETRO hostel they are both run by the same manager, a nice lady who knows how to handle travellers and both had the same incompetent and unprofissional staff i arrive with a reservation and with 10% paid and i was told that there wasnt place cause they play music insted check mail so i had to go to the other hostel, more expensive and pay full fare! then i was ask to leave 50 lei deposit for the locker key which i didnt get cause was gone. so it was my mobile charger

Thank you for your comment, we appreciate your effort. The key from the locker was not returned by another guest, so we had to make a duplicate. In regards to your charger, you left it in the wall, next to your bed. If you'd like to get it back, please send us your postal address and we'll be glad to ship it. Finally, we apologize we had to move you to RETRO but it was because there was no hot water at Funky and we wanted to make your stay more comfortable by moving you to another hostel.