7.9
Very Good 161 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 161 Total Reviews
Funky Mamaliga Hostel Located at str. Kogalniceanu 16, Chisinau, , Chisinau.
Moldova
Chisinau MD-2005 str. Kogalniceanu 16, Chisinau
79% 161
47.0141320 28.8339400
    Rooms available

29th Oct 2016
2.0

The hostel was overbooked when I arrived there early that day i had booked. Met one guy who worked there, and he just said the hostel was full and closing, so and I had to leave. I told him that I have made a booking, and he just answered "it`s not possible" and walked away. He was really rude, and no service or help from him. Then he just looked the gate to the hostel. I asked why he didn´t helped coustemers when they made a mistake, and he just answers "I just work here". Really bad experience

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
16th Oct 2016
4.6

I and two other customers were suddenly asked to move to their other hostel, without giving you even 2 days to consider, because of a big group's check-in. Their other hostel is almost 30 minutes by walk. This system is run by the chief administrator. Not the three young staffs. This chief administrator, she said this would never happen again to me after the first time, but it happened again very soon. I asked for money refund. She told me to get it later at night. It was a very rainy night.

• Finland, Female, 31-40
14th Oct 2016
6.6

Cold shower, untidy toilets, a lot of noise: remember earplugs! Nice, but maybe tired staff. However some said it's one of the best hostels in Moldova, so i can't say what others are like. No breakfast, although it says here there is.

• Serbia, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Oct 2016
5.4

the toilets were disgusting, they look like they were not cleaned in a while. the rooms stay unlocked all day. we booked a 6 bed room, but there was an additional 7th bed in there and it was already really small and crowded. location was alright, about a ``15 min walk to the center. staff was helpful but not very friendly and the general athmosphere was okay, not too exciting but I guess its expected since its not high season, the only really good thing was the heating, it was nice and warm

6.6

The location and price is great and the staff are very nice and helpful but there were a few things that spoiled this for me. The staff were (or someone anyway) was playing music in the common room from about 7am. The the door to my dorm led straight into the common room and was just left constantly open so I might as well have just slept there. Also you have to climb over the gate if you come in past a certain time..

5.7

Bah. There were ants in the bedroom, club beats blasting from the lounge at 8am, and a seventh bed in the already-cramped six-bed dormitory I had booked. Atmosphere was just off; a couple older guys creeping on the few female travelers was actually one reason I cut my stay in Moldova short.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
5.7

Average, the rooms have too many beds in them.

13th Sep 2016
7.1

Mostly a good place, location and atmosphere. However, it said breakfast included but it wasn't. I was a bit annoyed that I had to wait around for evening bus to Kiev, but he said I can't wait here. I know that is their right so nothing wrong with his request but 20 years of traveling and I can say most places would be ok with this. Still overall, good place to stay. Tip for hostel... get an iron for laundry.

• Estonia, Female, 31-40
31st Aug 2016

Great and helpful staff, nice atmosphere, really good value for money.

26th Aug 2016
6.6

It's a nice enough hostel, parties Friday and Saturday night which where good, but no useful info and we had to climb the fence in the morning to leave, basically a bed. Pointing out points of interest on arrival and info of how to get places would improve the experience.