Funky Meridiano Reviews

Angulo 9, Granada, Spain

super centric and easy to get to with very friendly staff. The extra of Breakfast was lovely. The bed was comfortable and we had an extra blanket for the cold that is starting now in October. The only thing i missed with the ensuite bathroom was a seperate curtain so when you step out of the shower you actuall have some privacy to put on some clothes before you step into the doorm. The doorm was quiet with no people so it was fine. All in all great place for price.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very nice hostal! Friendly staff, 24 hour reception. Also they offered a little tapas tour the night we stayed there which was ver nice.

• 10th Oct 2014

Shared bathrooms were somewhatmessy, this could have been due to tth largeamount of young students staying there.

Great location. Near a few free walking tours as well as the bus stop for the Alhambra. The hallways echo so it can be loud at night although there are policies in place to prevent excessive noise. You can't shower after 11 b/c the pipes make a banging noise. Wasn't much of a social atmosphere, but we only stayed 2 nights. Staff was very helpful. Overall, we thought it was a good value.

A nice hostel, great location and the receptionists were extremely nice and helpful.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Staff are veru helpful. The hostal is in center and you need to walk juste 10-15 min to thé plaza nueva. My single room is big and the hostal has good amenagement : a real kitchen, a terrace, a TV room. The inconvenient are : no wifi on the floor and bathroom are not very clean everyday.

I had the greatest stay in The Meridiano. The staff is very helpful with everything and it made me feel very comfortable when it came to asking for help or advice. It is located perfectly and it was also easy to make friends in their patio and terrace-bar. It´s located right in the center of the city close to all the important neighborhoods and sights. I would definitely recommend The Meridiano! I hope I get to go back.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Algeria

We only stayed two nights in Granada but we were very happy and comfortable there. Staff were incredibly helpful including providing a map and recommending some spots.

Good hostel. Not a whole lot of like community or people doing stuff, but I get the impression that this may be just a more quiet place for folks who want to stay alone for a few days. Nice room, etc! Unfortunately the wifi only works in the lobby, but c'est la vie.

Nice little hostel, felt more like a BnB. Rooftop bar was on the smaller side but looks like it would be fun it there were more people. Tip about the Alhambra Palace: don't listen to want people tell you. My friends and I went to the top and got tickets using the ticket vending machine with not booking/reservation at about 3pm in the afternoon. Having Australia credit cards it was tricky but was surprisingly easy at the top!

Didn't enjoy staying here. Instructions to get to the hostel were poor. The room and bathrooms were very run down, old and in disrepair. Tear in sheets, toilet not flushing etc.. No air con, very hot in room. They ask you not to shower from 11pm to 7am due to noise which is unacceptable to me and the only time it's mentioned is when you see a sign on the back of the door. Couldn't get wifi in my room. Good points - the staff were friendly and helpful. The other hostel goers were friendly.

Nikki, we have not restriction for shower and we have air conditioned. It must be a confusion of hostel. Sorry !

The hostel is perfectly located and the people are v friendly. Yet, the shared bathroom is for too many people and it is virtually constantly occupied. Walls are v thin and if your room is next to the bathroom, you will get no sleep :(

Nice and quiet place, Helpful staff. I felt like family hostel. It was very comfortable

• 2nd Jul 2014

The Hostel has a very cosy atmosphere, coulours and furniture are really nice and fits well with the charme of Granada. People that work there have been very friendly, professional and gentle, they gaved me interesting and good advices about the city, the food, the activities.

Amazingly helpful staff

They should have locked cupborad, like the scholl lockers, to let the guest put their own proprierties in a safe place. Also the room keys were quitre useless as the room was linked with others and at the end everyone left it opened.

Awesome staff who takes a lot of time to explain you eveything which is worth to see and speaks a lot of languages! Everything really clean and nice big rooms. Nice rooftop. When I stayed there (during the week) it was a bit empty tho.

Very friendly staff, and a good free breakfast. Not as nice as other hostels we've been to in terms of the building - the window in our room looked out into the bathroom and another dorm.

A good hostel with a huge and comfortable kitchen. The terrace on the roof is not that good, but to chill it is okay. The staff is correct. The location is perfect. The breakfast was really good for this price. Recommended!

nice little hostel,friendly and helpful staff,great location and good value for money,