Funky Meridiano Reviews

Angulo 9, Granada, Spain

Good location, friendly staff, could improve on breakfast options

Quality pension-style hostel near the centre of Granada. Very nice and Helpful staff. Lots of info about things to do and see in Granada, ie flamenco, tours, etc.

Hallways were so cold it was unbearable to go to the bathroom at night. Both bathrooms on my floor were not clean, and the doors didn't shut on the shower. I ended up soaking my clothes the first day, and I didn't shower again. Location was perfect though.

• 7th Feb 2015

I didn't enjoy using the bathrooms to be honest. Although there were two fully-functioning bathroom on every floor, they were often dirty and at one point one of the toilets wasnt working, so was clogged. The shower worked fine but one bathroom ran out of loo roll and wasnt replaced till the next day. Also the floors in the bathrooms seemed pretty dirty. However, the dorms were nice. If I'm nit-picking, I would've liked more plug sockets to charge my electronics.

• 6th Feb 2015

After spending 5 nights at large chain hostel (90% on HW) and then shifting here. To be honest, the staff, atmosphere, location and all-over feel of this hostel were all a lot better! The receptionist Asia (from Bulgaria) and the French guy (don't recall name) were both extremely helpful with everything. Asia even managed to squeeze us in when we made a mistake with the booking. It felt like she would bend over backwards for her guests. I never write these, but felt I should. Stay here!!!

• 6th Feb 2015

The staff are super friendly and helpful!

The girls working at the hostel were very atention.

the staff were really nice and very informative. The facilities were not great but the atmosphere was really chilled and cool.

Disappointed that the ensuite shower was broken during the stay. The room had a distinct odor. The singular heater was just simply not enough to even warm up the space enough to stay in the room without going under the covers. The staff is great - super knowledgable and friendly. There were some stains on the sheets and a bit of dust on everything. Not the most fun atmosphere - definitely didn't feel welcome to get to know the other guests.

• 10th Jan 2015

thanks for the nice comment . Sorry you did not had fun in our hostel . Back and deal with it better.

I stayed at Funky Meridiano from the 3rd of January to the 5th and had a good experience. I stayed in a private twin room with my friend so I don't know the dorm room setting. I had trouble staying connected to wifi which is annoying when you're tyring to check in with any family or friends. We also didn't have heating in our room which is fine during the day but at night it was bitter. Luckily they gave us two thick blankets. Location is great and staff is friendly!

I had a great stay. The hostel was comfortable (once we found a heater that worked) and it was good value. What deserves a mention is the staff. Assia and Adrian (? from France) where most helpful in guiding me to the right places to see and do. Thank you for a great stay....and take good care of your valuable people there who really make the difference between an ok stay to a wonderful one. Josee

Location is good. Staffs are very good. Granada's first hostel.

Thank you very much ! Try our other hostels in Cordoba an Morocco. Merry happy Christmas.

This is the best hostel that I have stayed in! Clean rooms and bathrooms.Nice corridors with nice colours. It almost gave you the feeling of staying in a hotel. The staff were very nice and polite,and they also offered sightseeing tours that seemed very well organized. The "dining-rooms" could maybe do with some renovations. Otherwise you felt very secure and "at home". Beautiful surroundings not far from the Cathedral ,Alhambra and the Albayzin(The Arab-quarter of the town).

Thank you Inger. See you again !

Hostel was clean and the staff was very friendly and fun!! Fun activities if you want to go out with people that you meet at the hostel. Very centrally located--close the the Albaicin, Plaza Nueva, etc.

• 6th Nov 2014

Thank you Emiliana. We were pleased to have you here. If you come back to the South, Funky hostels will be pleased to have you "at home". Felices Fiestas !

Staff was awesome, very helpful! Great stay overall :)

super centric and easy to get to with very friendly staff. The extra of Breakfast was lovely. The bed was comfortable and we had an extra blanket for the cold that is starting now in October. The only thing i missed with the ensuite bathroom was a seperate curtain so when you step out of the shower you actuall have some privacy to put on some clothes before you step into the doorm. The doorm was quiet with no people so it was fine. All in all great place for price.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very nice hostal! Friendly staff, 24 hour reception. Also they offered a little tapas tour the night we stayed there which was ver nice.

• 10th Oct 2014

was a nice hostel, but went in early November and the room was very cold and didn't appear to have any heating. other than that good place and good location.

Shared bathrooms were somewhatmessy, this could have been due to tth largeamount of young students staying there.

Great location. Near a few free walking tours as well as the bus stop for the Alhambra. The hallways echo so it can be loud at night although there are policies in place to prevent excessive noise. You can't shower after 11 b/c the pipes make a banging noise. Wasn't much of a social atmosphere, but we only stayed 2 nights. Staff was very helpful. Overall, we thought it was a good value.