Funky Meridiano Reviews

Angulo 9, Granada, Spain

I was a bit disappointed to find out this was more a family pension than a backpackers hostel and thus harder to meet new people as a solo traveller... Otherwise everything was perfect : the staff was friendly and eager to help, the rooms were clean and comfy and the location very central.

Really enjoyed my stay here, was a group of 24 Spanish at the time so couldn't fairly judge on the atmosphere. The staff were really lovely and friendly, had a great chat with one of te receptionists. Was quite loud at night though.

The mattresses were full of lumps and unbearable to sleep in. The blankets smelled of toe jam (due to unwashed sticking feet of previous guests). There were no towels in the bedroom and the shower facilities, where the shower doors don't close, is unacceptable. Through the whole night other guests talked in the garden, for everyone else to "enjoy". The net curtain in the room was not hooked up. We had such a disastrous night, to spend another night. We did not get a refund for the 2nd night.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

The hostel was good, we extended our stay by a night and they sorted it all out for us really quickly. The French guy on the reception was lovely and really helpful with recommendations for things to do and places to go. Only issue was that we didn't really meet anyone in the hostel, although it seemed to be an older crowd staying at the time, and we were probably just unlucky. Good value for money.

Room was decrepit, and there was one outlet (in the bathroom). Bed was very uncomfortable. Staff were nice and helpful, but there were some strange characters hanging out in the lobby.

• 21st Apr 2014

it was very nice to stay there, best atmosphere ive been, for backpackers good place to stay.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Afghanistan

Firstly it has great location. Staffs are always trying to help you, even if you don't need. You can meet with new people from different country in the hole of hostel. It has avarage kitchen. good hostel for especially long term stay.

I was very happy to get a room last minute in Semana Santa! The stuff is awesome! Very friendly and helpful, always open for a chat. I only stayed one night but I could have stayed much longer!

• 11th Apr 2014

Sorry this hostel was a sheer disappointment. Worst point was that the shower where extremely mouldy. It was not a place where I was looking forward to, to get back to - more a place to sleep and get a quick shower and get and stay out in the city. Additionally other guests where playing music loudly in the morning and the bed, besides feeling every coil spring, was even too short for my girlfriend. It's obviously not a place run with love and passion.

Staff and service were very friendly.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Puerto Rico

I thought the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and spacious. It was very good value for money. The atmosphere in the bar in the evening was friendly and lively. I wish I had longer to stay there.

A great friendly place to stay. Excellent value for money. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Granada.

clean, cheap and nice hostel with great terrace for eating the included breakfast. the staff is very dedicated.

The location is excellent, the staff is excellent, helpful and friendly, the atmosphere is great, but the toilet is too dirty and never had toilet paper! Wi-fi does not work in the room.

Hello , thank you for liking our staff and the atmosphere. Sorry about the bathroom – we have fixed this issue. The wi-fi is available in all the common areas on the ground floor and also in the majority of the rooms on the first floor. Best regards!

Great location and great staff,. very clean and close to all touristic places....only one computer was working and very slow and hopefully they upgraded them..women are still discriminated in this place and have to pay a lot to stay in the female doorm, I hope they stop the extra charges...Its 21st century ....

Hi there! It was a great pleasure having you here as our guest – you are a very lovely person. As regards discrimination against women, we believe that you are mistaken: no one is forced to stay in the female dorm, as there are plenty of other rooms and dorms available. The female dorm has only two beds, so it´s a little bit more expensive than other dorms with more beds. Maybe we will open also a room exclusively for guys – if there is enough demand for it.

Real backpackers place near the old town.

We do all our best. Thank you for your comment.

Staffs are very kind. Location is also good. But I think it is little old hostel.

Thank you for your nice comment.

One of the best hostels I have stayed during my stay in Europe. It is very close to the center and other entertainments. The staff is especially worth mentioning. All of them are quite helpful and they smile all the time. They are quite knowledable about the city. You can ask them whatever you want to know about the city. They help you spend a nice time during your visit.

Hi dear friends! It´s been great pleasure having you here. I hope you will come visit us some other time in the future. You were wonderful people!

It was a nice hostel in a good location and nice staff.

Hi, we are so glad you liked the location of our hostel and the staff. Thank you.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff was very helpful, I was surprised to find free tours of Granada, which I enjoyed a lot and would recommend to everybody. I don't have much to complain about, but there are a few things that could be improved. I would have liked to have a locker for my personal belongings. The room was always unlocked, and we could leave our things with the administrator, when we left the hostel, which is ok, if you trust people you've never met before.

Hola. Although the room where you stayed does not have big lockers for the entire backpack, there are safety boxes for each visitor. As you note in your review, every guest can also leave their valuables to the receptionist who stores them away in a safe place. Hope to see you again sometime in the future.

1 2 Next » last »