Funky Monkey Hostel Reviews

Cerro Boludo #112, Boludo 112 Lomas de Mazatlan, Mazatlan, Mexico

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, can bring in your own drinks, great crowd. Staff let you do what you want and had some amazing restaurant / nightlife experiences. Swimming pool and breakfast were great too. Private room was huge and very comfortable!

• 14th Sep 2014

Had a great stay at Funky Monkey. Informed and friendly staff for help in navigating Mazatlan. After long days exploring F/M was a fun place to kick back and relax. Large comfy lounge area with cable TV, fully equipped kitchen and awesome pool and chill area rooftop.

• 27th Jul 2014

Thanks for the great review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Staff speaks perfectly english. Place is clean and fun. Pool is just amazing!

Very glad your enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the great review.

Had a really great time at this hostel. Salem the owner went out of his way to make us feel welcome and even arranged an awesome day trip for us and other guests to the local water park. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to other backpackers. Cheers again!

Thanks Aaron, it was my pleasure taking you all to the water park. Take care and I hope you can return one day.

The Funky Monkey staff was great. Laid back American guys. And they are cool enough to hang out and talk with the guests here and there in addition to making recommendations or giving directions. The free filtered water was a great help, and the location is not too far from shopping, the beach, etc. Getting a doorbell is a challenge, but they are working on it--for now, just yell from the front gate for entry. They are diligent at keeping the place clean, and I appreciate their flexibility on

Thanks for the good review Kurt. We finally got the doorbell too.

That was AWESOME! I cross my fingers to eventually go back to the FUNKY MONKEY HOSTEL!

• 21st Apr 2014

Thanks Gabi, we hope you can return too.

Spent two days here during semana santa. The hostel staff were very welcoming and informative. The manager was very open and treated everyone like family. He also made pizza for everyone during our last night there. The hostel as no sign which makes it a bit confusing to find at 5:30 am. Our only real concern was people kept using our room as a door between the backyard and upstairs bathroom all night, so I was constantly awaken through the night with people coming and going.

• 19th Apr 2014

Thanks for the great review Gavin. We've implemented a "no walk thru zone" on that room so it should be much better. Hope to see you again.

such a great place to stay, I'll come back soon for sure!

Top quality of all the hostels I've been in. The staff is helpful, friendly and amazing in general. They add up to the vibe like no other place I've ever been. Beds are comfortable, temperature is OK (I'm a heat generating beast so I can only do so much about it), facilities are clean, colorful, and comfortable. Alas, it's not BEACH FRONT (shoutout to Salem, jk xoxo, it's walking distance, I overheard you saying that). People who go here are warm and the best life companions you could hope for

Im very glad you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your time here. Our staff really do make a big difference in our guest's stays and they love to hear reviews like this. Thanks a lot.

Fantastic!

• 17th Apr 2014

Thanks for the 100% rating. Glad you liked it.

Excellent value. The place itself is very nice, among the friendliest and cleanest hostels I've been in. It is also on a nice neighborhood, which is not something you can say about most acommodations of this type.

So glad you enjoy your stay with us. Come back soon.

Wonderful house, wonderful common room, wonderful kitchen area(s), wonderful people around, wonderful pool and BBQ area. Oh, and the sun terrasse at the top - amazing... Loved every second of my stay. Next time in Mazatlan I'll devinitively go to funky monkey.

Wonderful review. Yes, please come back soon.