Funky Monkey Hostel Reviews

Cerro Boludo #112, Boludo 112 Lomas de Mazatlan, Mazatlan, Mexico

It's a cool place to stay.

Great social hostel that makes everyone feel like home. The owner Salem and all the other staff members are super friendly and helpful. If you wanna party, you can definitely do it here - and if you wanna have a more low-key stay, that works too. Good, safe location: Zona Dorada with restaurants is a short walking distance away as are the beaches and a big hypermarket. Old town is a bit further away but you can easily take a bus or just walk. Thanks guys for a great stay! Highly recommended.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Finland

I recieved a very warm welcome by the receptionist even though I arrived at 11pm she took thw time to answer my questions and show me things on the map. We had fireworks on the terrace one night and there was always something written on the board for guests to be involved with. A very welcoming, friendly and comfortable place to stay!

I was fortunate to spend Xmas eve with a great group of people. The staff prepared a delicious meal and we celebrated well.

• 24th Dec 2015

the only hostel in Mazatlan but makes no compromises on being an awesome place to stay. Fantastic staff that encourage a great atmosphere. Hostel is well laid out if you wanna spend all day lazing about yet still be sociable.

I stayed here only for a night so I can't really tell about it but I had a good impression about the staff in general, the atmosphere and the guests who stayed for the time together. I had a pleasant stay here. I wished I could have stayed there longer cause it had indeed a good atmosphere and the people were so nice. Oh it is a bit far from the bus terminal if you travel by bus, however.

What all hostels should be like.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon.

This is the absolute best hostel I've been to thus far: super great location, amazing staff, great facilities, friendliest house dog, delicious family dinners, it's pretty much indescribable how fantastic and perfect this place is. I highly recommend staying here and suggest you come with a flexible schedule because you'll never want to leave.

• 26th Nov 2015

Thank you for the great review, we are all very happy you had a great time and hope you get to come visit us again soon.

Simplemente EXCELENTE! I went with my puppy and everybody was so nice with her. The place is just great. The decoration is really nice and it is really close to everything. Good price, nice place, great people.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Venezuela

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Forget hotels, this place is a times better.

• 25th Oct 2015

Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Great welcoming & community-oriented atmosphere.

Come back soon :-)

A really great hostel to chill and relax at. The staff and owner were great. The pool is great! I have already been here 9 days and I'm staying for more 😊

Hey, it was great seeing you again and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

The best place to stay when in Mazatlan. I've met travellers all over Mexico who love the Funky Monkey! Comfortable beds, clean hostel, great facilities and a pool. Feels like a home away from home. Would definitely go back.

Glad to here our reputation is spreading and that you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime.

The Funky Monkey Hostel is one of the best hostels I've stayed in - I loved the relaxed vibe, all the facilities (esp. the pool and rooftop) and all the extra services offered. Wish I had enough time to stay longer!

A grest place to be, A great host and super exchage with gest. Thank you so much

The chief of the hostel (Salem) is a very kind and friendly person that makes funky Monkey Hostel a perfect place to enjoy your holiday in Mazatlan. Besides that the hostel is well maintained and clean with excellent services (houses, bath-kitchen). I am very satisfied.

• 10th Sep 2015

Pretty much the only hostel in Mazatlan. The guy who runs the place really looks after you and makes sure you have a good time. I met nothing but nice people there. It's not close to the bus station but nothing really is, a cheap cab ride will get you there easily. It is a few km far from old town, but the action seems to happen in the nearby beach area anyway. Bed was comfy but the room could have been cooler. Thanks for a great stay - would def stay again!

The atmosphere of the hostel is so laid back and relaxed. Great pool and rooftop. Staff are the best! After a couple of nights staying, I started to feel like a member of a family, and I noticed that was just what I needed from all the months of intense solo traveling. I ended up staying a week longer than planned, just couldn't leave! Must say it was the best hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 28th Aug 2015