Funky Monkey Hostel

Superb 211 Total Reviews

• Canada, Mixed Group, 41+
9th Feb 2017
6.9

The stay started out great but the manager left & the somewhat abrasive girl that took over for him unfortunately didn't seem to understand the meaning of hospitality & really soured my stay, so I found another place (as did others). Not always enough breakfast supplies. Room good & quiet & beds comfortable, but needed cleaning (as did the bedding). Wifi good! Another manager there (Sean), was great! Goes above & beyond the call of duty & I cannot compliment him enough! A great asset!

• USA, Couple, 41+
1st Feb 2017

Fun, laid back place in a very nice neighborhood. Nice staff who planned activities if people wanted to join. Reasonably priced.

17th Jan 2017

Ahhhh, the fabulous Funky Monkey! The Funky Monkey was only the second hostel I ever stayed I don't know what I expected exactly but what I got was nothing short of FABULOUS! The host, Salem was extremely accommodating in every respect. When we heard we declined to rent mopeds in town because of the exorbitant price he talked to someone and later we rented the moped for the entire day for little more than what we were quoted per hour! Their motto is "Amazingness" and it is well deserved

10th Jan 2017

This is what a hostel should be like. Salem, The owner and the Canadian girls were very invested in their guests. We felt welcome within 5 mins of arriving. Great activities, loads of fun every night and you can BYO to their breezy roof top. Top crowd as well.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017

We had a great few days here with Salem and his staff who were so accommodating. The place was really chill, especially when a big group left it felt like just staying in someones house. Great wifi, two well equipped kitchens, a big supermarket not far away as well as lots of restaurants. Thanks for a great few days guys!

• milano88
  • India, Male, 25-30
24th Dec 2016

Awesome hostel . The atmosphere is great . Stayed during Christmas and they had arranged a grand dinner and fireworks .The rooftop is very beautiful .felt like home stay . ☺☺

• USA, Male, 41+
24th Dec 2016

My son & I are motorcycling from the Pacific NW, USA to Central America. We booked here based on their great reviews, and frankly, our visit and stay exceeded our expectations. Great location, great staff, super clean, pool, hot showers. Also, we fully planned on fixing ourselves a Christmas Eve dinner but arrived to find out that the owner had already purchased two turkey's, a ham, potatoes, fixings for green been bake, and stuffing! 25 of us shated an amzing evening! Huge "thumbs up!"

20th Dec 2016

I've traveled to 32 different countries, stayed at many hostels and Funkey Monkey is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. This place ticks all the boxes! Clean - check, pool - check, awesome rooftop with hammock - check, cool artwork - check, brekkie included - check, wicked fast wifi - check, big tv with Netflix - check. All in all this place rules! Would absolutely recommend staying here!

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Dec 2016

It was a pleasure to stay in this hostel! In the moment we arrived there, we felt very welcome and like being 'at home'. The hostel has an awesome atmosphere and breakfast. In addition, it is very clean! I would definitely recommend it to everyone to stay there.

11th Dec 2016

Everything was just as good as I read in the reviews. The owner is such a good guy. I actually thought he was just a cool guy staying there and being friendly. Then about a day later found out he was the owner. Great place. The 4 bedroom dorm is where its at. TRUST ME!