Funky Monkey Hostel Reviews

Cerro Boludo #112, Boludo 112 Lomas de Mazatlan, Mazatlan, Mexico

Wonderful house, wonderful common room, wonderful kitchen area(s), wonderful people around, wonderful pool and BBQ area. Oh, and the sun terrasse at the top - amazing... Loved every second of my stay. Next time in Mazatlan I'll devinitively go to funky monkey.

The location is horrible. At 8pm the streets were all dark. Not close to anything

Best hostel in mazatlan! Everything you need if there. And the best part is the Monkey is super cool and fun! He'll make your day!

A fun atmosphere and a friendly crowd every night! About a half mile to the beach.

Cool, I will be right back again soon

Salem is one of the best hostel owners/hosts I have ever met. Very cool guy! Joins the parties with his guests and loves to have a good time. The private room here was absolutely amazing!

• 28th Feb 2014

Excellent hostel in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Mazatlán, close to everything! THE place to stay at during Carnival, as the rates are excellent, the staff knows what's up, where to go, and when. Also this hostel is perfect if you're traveling by motorcycle as there is a gated courtyard that is always locked up, meaning you have nothing to worry about when you're bouncing around town. All sorts of different travelers roll through here, and Salem knows how to take care of them all!

Funky Monkey Hostel was our first stop in Mexico, originally planned to stay 2 nights, stayed on for 7. Had a great time, the guys provide all you need for a great stay in Mazatlan, from Bikes to explore, to where the party hot spots are. We had the Private room which had its own Bathroom and Kitchen. Would recommend to anyone.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It feels like you are a guest at a friend s house. The owner and manager are very helpful and fun persons. The rules and atmosphere are very laid-back. I met some great people during my stay. The hostel is very clean (thanks to the workaways guests!) and has a great rooftop. This hostel is surely one of the reasons to visit Mazatlan!

I was reading the reviews before going to the hostel and sincerely thought most of them had been written by the owner and his friends as they seemed too positive. By being there is saw that freeky Monkey, apart from being maybe a bit small, has all the great thing a backpacker would love to find in a hostel. I expecially enjoyed the locatiion, walking distance from the bubbly area of town and the nice beach with people playing beach volley, and from the main avenue you can easily go downtown.

• 12th Jan 2014

Extremely nice in all aspects!! Management is very helpful, the room quite clean and and nicely furnished. I reccommend it highly for all ages!!

Great hostel, more like a huge house, top atmosphere, with an owner who puts his all into making your stay memorable.