Funky Monkey Hostel

9.3
Superb 236 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 41+
24th Mar 2017

The staff and volunteers at Funky Monkey feel like family, and so you do too. I stayed in the private room, which was fantastic for my purposes, with my own Q bed and bath, but loved free breakfast, hanging out in the shared space, especially the rooftop. A bike was available, and I rented a boogie board and walked to the beach nearly every day. It's an easy walk to public transportation as well. I loved the murals--they seemed to show all of the contributions of staff over the years. I B back!

• USA, Female, 31-40
22nd Mar 2017

Stay. Here. Seriously. What an awesome experience. The location was awesome, it was secure, the whole place was clean and people were friendly and laid back. I absolutely loved staying here, and would happily do it again next time I am in Mazatlan.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Mar 2017

If you go to mazatlan and you're not staying at Funky Monkey hostel, don't bother coming to mazatlan at all! (I mean, still do, but really try your best to stay here). It's an absolutely amazing place with the best environment and ambiance. The staff is so wonderful, the location is a 15 min walk from the beach, they have a sweet roof top where you can hang out & chill with other travelers, and it's an incredible value for your money. I definitely plan to return to mazatlan one day & stay here

17th Mar 2017

What a great hostel! It's clear from the moment you get there that is place is owned by someone who cares about your experience. Salem, Suzi and Mags (sp?) make sure you have what you need and are included in the activities. The place has a homey vibe that is much appreciated when you're far from home. Great experience and I'll be back for sure.

• USA, Male, 31-40
14th Mar 2017

There are few places you can walk into that feel like home and the Funky Monkey Hostel in Mazatlan is one of them. I only stayed there two nights but had an amazing time. Instantly I was included in a group sushi night that I enjoyed on the roof watching the sunset over the Pacific. The house offered several other activities the following nights that I could have joined in as well. The owner Salem and his staff set a very welcoming tone. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

25th Feb 2017

One of the best things about FM is the walk to the main road/beach. It can be done strolling in Parque Los Amigos almost the entire distance. No traffic. No noise but birds and an occasional basket ball bouncing. Fun crowd. Expertly run.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 41+
9th Feb 2017
6.9

The stay started out great but the manager left & the somewhat abrasive girl that took over for him unfortunately didn't seem to understand the meaning of hospitality & really soured my stay, so I found another place (as did others). Not always enough breakfast supplies. Room good & quiet & beds comfortable, but needed cleaning (as did the bedding). Wifi good! Another manager there (Sean), was great! Goes above & beyond the call of duty & I cannot compliment him enough! A great asset!

• USA, Couple, 41+
1st Feb 2017

Fun, laid back place in a very nice neighborhood. Nice staff who planned activities if people wanted to join. Reasonably priced.

18th Jan 2017

Nice place to stay in Mazatlan. Hostel is very nice and has abit of everything. Pool, nice rooftop terrace to chillout, good livingroom and netflix!:) Salem also arranged good bbq party when i was there. Would definetly stay again.

17th Jan 2017

Ahhhh, the fabulous Funky Monkey! The Funky Monkey was only the second hostel I ever stayed I don't know what I expected exactly but what I got was nothing short of FABULOUS! The host, Salem was extremely accommodating in every respect. When we heard we declined to rent mopeds in town because of the exorbitant price he talked to someone and later we rented the moped for the entire day for little more than what we were quoted per hour! Their motto is "Amazingness" and it is well deserved