Funky Monkey Hostel Reviews

Cerro Boludo #112, Boludo 112 Lomas de Mazatlan, Mazatlan, Mexico

Staff speaks perfectly english. Place is clean and fun. Pool is just amazing!

Had a really great time at this hostel. Salem the owner went out of his way to make us feel welcome and even arranged an awesome day trip for us and other guests to the local water park. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to other backpackers. Cheers again!

The Funky Monkey staff was great. Laid back American guys. And they are cool enough to hang out and talk with the guests here and there in addition to making recommendations or giving directions. The free filtered water was a great help, and the location is not too far from shopping, the beach, etc. Getting a doorbell is a challenge, but they are working on it--for now, just yell from the front gate for entry. They are diligent at keeping the place clean, and I appreciate their flexibility on

That was AWESOME! I cross my fingers to eventually go back to the FUNKY MONKEY HOSTEL!

• 21st Apr 2014

Spent two days here during semana santa. The hostel staff were very welcoming and informative. The manager was very open and treated everyone like family. He also made pizza for everyone during our last night there. The hostel as no sign which makes it a bit confusing to find at 5:30 am. Our only real concern was people kept using our room as a door between the backyard and upstairs bathroom all night, so I was constantly awaken through the night with people coming and going.

• 19th Apr 2014

such a great place to stay, I'll come back soon for sure!

Top quality of all the hostels I've been in. The staff is helpful, friendly and amazing in general. They add up to the vibe like no other place I've ever been. Beds are comfortable, temperature is OK (I'm a heat generating beast so I can only do so much about it), facilities are clean, colorful, and comfortable. Alas, it's not BEACH FRONT (shoutout to Salem, jk xoxo, it's walking distance, I overheard you saying that). People who go here are warm and the best life companions you could hope for

Im very glad you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your time here. Our staff really do make a big difference in our guest's stays and they love to hear reviews like this. Thanks a lot.

Fantastic!

• 17th Apr 2014

Thanks for the 100% rating. Glad you liked it.

Excellent value. The place itself is very nice, among the friendliest and cleanest hostels I've been in. It is also on a nice neighborhood, which is not something you can say about most acommodations of this type.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

So glad you enjoy your stay with us. Come back soon.

Wonderful house, wonderful common room, wonderful kitchen area(s), wonderful people around, wonderful pool and BBQ area. Oh, and the sun terrasse at the top - amazing... Loved every second of my stay. Next time in Mazatlan I'll devinitively go to funky monkey.

Wonderful review. Yes, please come back soon.

The location is horrible. At 8pm the streets were all dark. Not close to anything

I'm sorry you felt this way. Lots of the other reviews say its close to everything. The streets are never dark and we are located the nicest neighborhood, in the best part of all of Mazatlan so I'm still confused why you feel this way. Perhaps your confusing my hostel with another location you made a reservation for on hostelworld. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Best hostel in mazatlan! Everything you need if there. And the best part is the Monkey is super cool and fun! He'll make your day!

Thanks for the great review. But I'm not sure who the "Monkey" is but I'm glad he made your day. Enjoy the rest of your trip and please come back soon.

A fun atmosphere and a friendly crowd every night! About a half mile to the beach.

Glad you had fun and thanks for the great review.

Cool, I will be right back again soon

Thanks for the review, see you soon.

Salem is one of the best hostel owners/hosts I have ever met. Very cool guy! Joins the parties with his guests and loves to have a good time. The private room here was absolutely amazing!

• 28th Feb 2014

Great seeing you for a 2nd time. Enjoy Guadalajara and let me know if your coming for another visit. Thanks for the review.

Excellent hostel in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Mazatlán, close to everything! THE place to stay at during Carnival, as the rates are excellent, the staff knows what's up, where to go, and when. Also this hostel is perfect if you're traveling by motorcycle as there is a gated courtyard that is always locked up, meaning you have nothing to worry about when you're bouncing around town. All sorts of different travelers roll through here, and Salem knows how to take care of them all!

Thanks Dr. It was great meeting and partying with you. I hope to see you again someday soon. Enjoy the rest of your trip in Mexico and through Central America, I know you'll have a great adventure.

A great hostel, we felt like we were staying at a friend's house. The staff were friendly and gave of lots of advice and recommendations on the area. All the rooms and facilities were really nice and a lot of effort has been put into making it a really good hostel. The hostel is in a quiet residential area, however it's not far to walk to shops/restaurants and it is halfway between the old town and the nicest beach and there are plenty of buses. We would definitely stay here again.

Funky Monkey Hostel was our first stop in Mexico, originally planned to stay 2 nights, stayed on for 7. Had a great time, the guys provide all you need for a great stay in Mazatlan, from Bikes to explore, to where the party hot spots are. We had the Private room which had its own Bathroom and Kitchen. Would recommend to anyone.

It was great having you stay with us and thank you for writing us this great review. Come back soon.