Funky Monkey Hostel

Superb 260 Total Reviews

• giff85102838
  • USA, Male, 41+
1st Aug 2017

The Funky Monkey Hostel is THE place to stay if you are in Mazatlan. The facilities are outstanding, and the atmosphere is homey and relaxing. The staff is immediately friendly and relaxing. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one, and I now consider them friends. I had planned on staying one day and then taking off the next morning. I ended up staying five nights. I met people from 13 different countries while I was there. Thank you Funky Monkey!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us such a great review. Hearing how we have made someone's time in Mazatlan more enjoyable really makes our day. Thank you and please come back soon.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

Easily the best hostel I've stayed at in Mexico!! The location is great, free bike rental handy, wifi good, facilities excellent, staff extremely helpful and a really good time....the list goes on. Was really tough leaving this place. I could've very easily stayed for weeks like I know plenty of people do! STAY HERE.

• USA, Male, 41+
14th Jul 2017

Very, very nice vibe at the Funky Monkey. Staff is totally cool. The entrance gate is locked, and they keep a close eye on things. Very secure. Small but nice pool to hang at during the hot summer days. Breakfast is a bonus. Occasional shared evening meals are a treat. I only have good things to say about the Funky Monkey.

Thank you so much for writing us a review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

• USA, Female, 41+
7th Jul 2017

At first my husband & I being 60 with a 9 year old son & used to all inclusive resorts, lifted one eyebrow when we walked in. But the house was spotless, the pool 90°, & the volunteers & workers were amazing. If we needed information everyone was happy to help. The WiFi worked almost all the time but I think when it was spotty it didn't have anything to do with the Funky Monkey. If we didn't have anything to do that evening we were always invited to a Rib eating contest, a outing, a card game

You guys are amazing and we really enjoyed meeting you and becoming friends. Hope to see you all again.

• USA, Male, 31-40
2nd Jul 2017

The whole team was great and very welcoming. Good location for the beach and sight seeing. Shoutouts to Salem, Cole, Rossa, Max, and Giselle for being so hospitable.

Thanks for mentioning our amazing staff, they really do a lot to help guest feel welcome and they add so much to our great vibe. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

15th Jun 2017

What an absolutely amazing space! 5 stars! So amazing, the Mazatlan beach is so-so but the pool and waterfall at the hostal make it so you'd wouldn't ever want to leave the hostel. Plus, the owner, Salem, is a beautiful monster that's lived in over 20 countries and has chosen Mexico as his home, specifically the Funky Monkey. I haven't even mentioned the rooftop with the new pizza oven, and the swinging bed, and the bar, and the treehouse with a mattress, I could go on.. Basically, stay here..

Thanks so much for the great review. Have a great trip and come back soon.

• Mexico, Male, 41+
6th Jun 2017

This place is amazing. Staff is awesome and outgoing. Yet they also are restrained and conservative for the proper guest. This place is a must stay. Rooftop clubhouse. Pool. Free breakfast. Come on you can get much better than that for a hostel. I definitely recommend to any and all.

8th May 2017

Great hostel. Comfy beds, good wifi, friendly and welcoming staff/volunteers, cozy home like atmosphere. Lovely roof terrace and the new pizza oven will go down a storm! I'll be back for sure!

5th May 2017

AS a solo traveler, I truly appreciate how the staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome, and the hostel was in a great location. The Rooftop is a great place to chill in a hammock during the day, watch the sunset and party at night... So just bring earplugs. :)

28th Apr 2017

Fantastic place, really clean, short walk to Malecon and beach. Highly recommend!