Funky Monkey Hostel Reviews

Cerro Boludo #112, Boludo 112 Lomas de Mazatlan, Mazatlan, Mexico

I love the place, makes you feel in home for real, the owners are wonderful and very friendly persons, and is a different experience the location, a few minutes away from everything but very peaceful, I love the place

I had a very awesome and wonderful stay for a week. The host and staff are very friendly and made me feel at home. Every day always activities going on. I enjoyed a thanksgiving dinner made by staff and guests together. Every body chiped in. If one wants to chill out during the night, , there's the roof top suite.

• 25th Nov 2014

Salem and Kilda were great hosts. The hostel is a bit off the beaten path, but bikes were available for rent for only 50 MXN for the day. Having bikes at our disposal was a great way to see the city. Great kitchen facilities. And... oops.. I forgot to return the keys, Salem. I'll mail them to you.

friendly staff - fun environment - worth the money! only complaint: pool was unswimmable with promises of cleaning which did not happen.

• 21st Nov 2014

In terms of environment and friendliness, this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff and other guests were interesting and fun to meet. There are always lots of activities like roof top yoga or picnics on the beach. The hostel is only a 10 or 15 minute walk from the beach so it is a great place to stay if you are on a budget but still want to experience everything Mazatlan has to offer.

Salem, the owner goes out of his way to ensure that each client has everything he/she needs. It is more than a place to stay. The Funky Monkey is an experience. Each client has the option of going off on his/her own or participating in activities inspired by the host. Service at this hostel goes way beyond what I would usually expect for a similar facility. I'll be back in December.

• 15th Nov 2014

Perfect stay, great atmosphere :) Had the private room, which was a real appartement. Nevertheless when you are travelling alone, the staff is so nicde and you will always meet people in the living room!

• 14th Nov 2014

Salem and his crew were very kind, rad, fun people. Good kick back vibes all around. Salem went out of his way to pick us up at the airport and show us around Mazatlan. Lots of group activities and a good sense of community at the hostel. The location was a tiny bit out of the way but you are definitely able to walk to the beach and if you want you can rent bikes from the hostel for a great price. The neighborhood where the hostel is located is quiet and safe. I recommend staying here!

• 22nd Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, can bring in your own drinks, great crowd. Staff let you do what you want and had some amazing restaurant / nightlife experiences. Swimming pool and breakfast were great too. Private room was huge and very comfortable!

Had a great stay at Funky Monkey. Informed and friendly staff for help in navigating Mazatlan. After long days exploring F/M was a fun place to kick back and relax. Large comfy lounge area with cable TV, fully equipped kitchen and awesome pool and chill area rooftop.

• 27th Jul 2014

Thanks for the great review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.