Funky Monkey Hostel Reviews

Francois Ngin Rod,Ban Mixay, Vientiane, Laos

good staff. make it great place to stay

• 16th Mar 2014

Was hoping for a good rest before an early flight the next day but this was ruined by a small group of people who were making way too much noise. Quite a number of us were disturbed actually. Other than this unfortunate incident, the stay at the hostel was great. Breakfast starts at 7 but the staff went the extra mile to prepare an early one for me before departure.

It's a bit dirty and rundown. But if you are staying for just a few nights in Vientiane, might as well make it here for only a few dollars for a bed. There are no individual lights on the bed, so if you go out, bring your cell phone flashlight or a torch for late night entrances into the room!

Bathrooms had good facilities but floors are always wet, with shoes left outside this is a bit manky, Good location and decent wifi. Seemed to be quite a lot of people hanging around downstairs who didnt appear to be guests, I heard my room door being tried when inside, no one there when I opened it - may be nothing but made me wonder...

I booked the private room for my travel companion and myself for her 21st birthday. Prior to it, i emailed the staff at FM hostel and asked if they could find a cake for her for our arrival for a suprise party. They had it in the fridge by the time of my arrival, and then i went as far as to ask that they take some money and go out and buy alcohol and food for a party and see if they could get the guests to show up. Which they were wonderful in arranging and made my friends 21st a special day :)

This place was not what we have expected. A private room for almost 20 USD was in very poor condition and not worth to pay that amount. We decided to cancel our reservation and moved to another place in the same street: way better prIvate room including breakfast for just 16 USD! We got the last available room. Cannot recomend that place funkey monkey at all!!!

• 7th Jan 2014

Very clean rooms, great and helpful stuff, we loved it!

Staff is super friendly and helpful but the double room is incredibly overpriced: not properly clean and packed with mosquitoes. No net in the bedroom.

I'd feel more comfortable if there were at least two locks on the door. Really like that you included towels and the showers were fine. It was cold some days but my last day was really hot.

I left my luggage in the reception of this hostel, and i had alot of money stolen from it. I am not certain who took it, but I know for certain that the guy who worked there knew I had money stored in that pocket of the backpack. Obviously I can't prove anything, but I'm just gonna say that everyone needs to watch tyour stuff carefully at this place!

Good staff, very helpful with booking onward travel. Bathrooms were clean enough, but our dorm was infested with Mosquitos and one of the locker doors was coming off its hinges. Good location with very good food nearby, close to the night market as well.

A very over priced stay! The place looks tired

This hostel has a nice atmosphere. The English and Cambodian owners are very friendly. There is also the possibility to book from the hostel. Dinner You will become familiar with the local cuisine and customs. Very fun to do

Very good location and very friendly and helpful staff! They help you with everything and always call someone if they cannot help you themselves. The Common Area is also very nice and the atmosphere is great. We would go there again!