Funky Monkey Hostel Reviews

Francois Ngin Rod,Ban Mixay, Vientiane, Laos

Nice stay, good breakfast. Could do with more facilities for the two large dorms on second floor, one bathroom for 30 people is just not sufficient.

This was a cool hostel. We felt very comfortable. Dorms were clean with great AC. Free breakfast. Super close to the night market. Helpful and friendly staff. We would stay here again and we recommend it.

great hostel. very clean and nice staff

Fantastic location near the night market. Good wifi. 16 bed dorm was spacious and the air con worked well. Yes the bathrooms are a little smelly but they're very clean. Airport taxi service is overpriced, just grab a tuk tuk from down the road.

Helpfull staff. Good vibrant location. What i like the most is the travelagency. I would recommend this place!

good staff. make it great place to stay

Was hoping for a good rest before an early flight the next day but this was ruined by a small group of people who were making way too much noise. Quite a number of us were disturbed actually. Other than this unfortunate incident, the stay at the hostel was great. Breakfast starts at 7 but the staff went the extra mile to prepare an early one for me before departure.

It's a bit dirty and rundown. But if you are staying for just a few nights in Vientiane, might as well make it here for only a few dollars for a bed. There are no individual lights on the bed, so if you go out, bring your cell phone flashlight or a torch for late night entrances into the room!

Bathrooms had good facilities but floors are always wet, with shoes left outside this is a bit manky, Good location and decent wifi. Seemed to be quite a lot of people hanging around downstairs who didnt appear to be guests, I heard my room door being tried when inside, no one there when I opened it - may be nothing but made me wonder...