Funny-Farm Reviews

CH 3800, Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Great place. It was my husbands second time and my first. Overall a good stay.

The hotel was clean and staff were fantastic. Although it was only a hostel room, it was not what I expected but it served it's purpose. It was in a great location, out the way of the center of town but only a 10-15 minute walk away with a pub close by. The pizza place just up the road was fantastic.

• 20th Aug 2014

Staff is nice. Facilities are good.

bed quality poor. staff got into the room without knocking. room was not cleaned during whole stay. not that close to train station.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Nice scenery! Specially looking to the Jungfrau at night. However, they better expend the wifi into all levels. and have more socket in the room. It worth to stay there!

The staff at Funny-Farm were just phenomenal. Very, very friendly and helpful, they told us where to go for the Swiss National day fireworks, grocery shopping, and hiking. We felt very taken care of. Our room was gorgeous, with a perfect view from the balcony-- really did NOT expect this from a "hostel," it felt much more like a hotel. We would definitely come back!

• 31st Jul 2014

1. While booking and during a call one day prior to arrival it was reconfirmed that I will get a 3 bed room with TV, however on check in, after making full payment, I was given a 6 bed dorm with no TV. 2. There is no food/ snacks available after the breakfast. 3. The bed was smelly, and the wash room was not in good condition. Despite my request, the shower handle was not repaired 4. The stairs in the hostel wing of this property was very smelly 5. Wifi was only available in the lobby.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • India

We got there after being pissed it rained on our hike. The guy at the front desk was awesome and upgraded us, which made my wife happy (happy wife, happy life). Free wifi in lobby and computers to use (slow computers). The balcony in our room faced alps even though the clouds blocked them. beautiful view. The atmosphere is very social, lots of people to talk to. Free coffee in am is a great perk too. Only have microwave though, but we cooked previously, so just added heat. Would stay again.

Beautiful grounds area and great atmosphere in the lobby

• 28th Jul 2014

The pool is very nice. Would not recommend eating breakfast there. Beds are surprisingly comfortable. Staff was helpful. There is a club in the basement.

• 24th Jul 2014

Was not happy with my stay here at all. Came back to my room one night at 4am after a few drinks to find try had given my bed away to someone else. Had to pack my things and change rooms as he was sleeping and they didn't wish to wake him. Due to this I left a few things shins as I had an early start in the morning. Was NOT impressed at all

• 21st Jul 2014

we had a lovely time in a very relaxed atmosphere in a fantastic building!

• 20th Jul 2014

I loved the FunnyFarm! Would absolutely stay here again. Staff was great and super helpful, location was good, wifi worked perfectly (but only in lobby), and so many people to meet. Highly recommend!

Fantastic Hostel! Awesome pool and garden area facing the mountains and some of the best burgers I've had! The owners and staff there were fantastic helping us out with anything we needed. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The nightclub is great fun on Friday and Saturday nights, keep an eye out for Roger!! Cheers for the stay guys!

A bit away from the town. Great view from the dorm room but the shower was moldy and dirty. Good for budjet travelling.

There's no wifi in room and you have to stay in the lobby for it while there weren't enough sockets. The rooms are clean but the toilet in our room is always damp and quite dirty. Location is a bit of the centre but the provide you a travel card so you can take the buses anytime during your stay. Basically it's a hotel so there wasn't a kitchen.

2 friends and I stayed in a 12-people-dorm for 2 nights. Reception: We could check in at midnight. But the staff seemed drunk when he answered our questions. Kitchen: No kitchen but one microwave in the lobby. No drinking water (hot/cold) provided. Beds: The beds were old. Every time you walked in the room, all beds were sharking. There were no ladders to go upper beds. Even the supporting woods under the bed were broken. Bathroom: The light went out and we bathed in the dark.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

24 hour reception is great and the people at the reception are really friendly. Was given the wrong room at first, but was still offered to switch it the next day. Interlaken is very small, so everything is walkable. Tea/coffee is included which was great. Wifi wasn't the best in the rooms, but it worked in the lobby. You have to pay for WIFI if you want it in the rooms, but it still doesnt work on some sides of the building.

No wifi in the rooms, which sucks. But everything else is great -there is wifi in the lobby.

This place was incredible! The staff set up all my appointments with the various activities, and they gave me plenty of direction in navigating the city. There was a pool with a pool bar that was great for meeting people.