Funny-Farm Reviews

CH 3800, Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

A bit away from the town. Great view from the dorm room but the shower was moldy and dirty. Good for budjet travelling.

There's no wifi in room and you have to stay in the lobby for it while there weren't enough sockets. The rooms are clean but the toilet in our room is always damp and quite dirty. Location is a bit of the centre but the provide you a travel card so you can take the buses anytime during your stay. Basically it's a hotel so there wasn't a kitchen.

2 friends and I stayed in a 12-people-dorm for 2 nights. Reception: We could check in at midnight. But the staff seemed drunk when he answered our questions. Kitchen: No kitchen but one microwave in the lobby. No drinking water (hot/cold) provided. Beds: The beds were old. Every time you walked in the room, all beds were sharking. There were no ladders to go upper beds. Even the supporting woods under the bed were broken. Bathroom: The light went out and we bathed in the dark.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

24 hour reception is great and the people at the reception are really friendly. Was given the wrong room at first, but was still offered to switch it the next day. Interlaken is very small, so everything is walkable. Tea/coffee is included which was great. Wifi wasn't the best in the rooms, but it worked in the lobby. You have to pay for WIFI if you want it in the rooms, but it still doesnt work on some sides of the building.

No wifi in the rooms, which sucks. But everything else is great -there is wifi in the lobby.

This place was incredible! The staff set up all my appointments with the various activities, and they gave me plenty of direction in navigating the city. There was a pool with a pool bar that was great for meeting people.

A kitchen and lockers would make this hostel amazing,

Honestly, it's super expensive but so is everything is Switzerland, and this was by far the best hostel I've stayed at. 24hour reception w super helpful people, the place is like a mini resort and It's half hotel with families and stuff. It's so nice and clean and spacy. There's a lobby area w a bar, a restaurant, an outside bar with a bonfire and a big screen (we watched the World Cup and it was such a good atmosphere). Location is good. And it's all very clean. It really was more of a hotel

They get the cheapest price but very funny, experienced coaches for paragliding. Facilities are well-equipped. All things were good here, except from a little far from train station.

The room is old and the bed feel dirty. The bunk is short, as I sleep in lower bunk, I cannot sit on the bed and always hit my head by the bunk. The bathroom is so small and the curtain cannot prevent the water flash out. The location is not near the station, I need to go by postbus.

Great hostel, good location within walking distance of train station and town. They give you a free travel card for the busses so you can get around if you don't want to walk. I was luck to have the dorm with a balcony and a beautiful view of the mountains. Friendly and helpful staff, 1 downside is no guest kitchen but other than that its great

Its a nice and quite place to spend holidays and having a good surrounding as well.

• 29th May 2014
  • Pakistan

The hostel is quite clean. When I arrived, my friend and I occupied the whole 10-people dorm. The view from the balcony of the room is superb, like a heaven. However, you will have to move your luggage from whatever ost or west station for a long distance which can make you sweat a lot.

I was lucky to stay in a 10-people dorm alone. Maybe it is not peak season? But it was great! Can see jungfraujoch directly from the window

The hostel has a wonderful scenery. I like your hostel for its good views, cleanliness, and quietness.

• 17th May 2014
  • South Korea

On the day of check-in, a staff took us 20euro for deposit of only one key. And when we checked out, they only returned us 10 euro, stating that since there was only one key, the deposit was definitly 10 euro!!! We're quite depressed! Plz confirm this case, otherwise, I would never recommend this place to my friends anymore.

• 10th May 2014
  • China

though it is quite far , hostel provided me a free bus ticket which is very convenient.

We enjoyed our stay at funny farm, the location was good and the view from our dorm was beautiful. The rooms were basic, but thats what you pay for. The gardens were nice and its in a good location for bush walks and food. Our only complaint is that there was no soap in the bathroom or hand towel for washing your hands. This should be included with paying for the room and is unhygienic.

I really enjoy my 4 night in funny farm

It was my first stay at a Hostel and to be honest it was about what I expected.

• 18th Apr 2014