Funny-Farm Reviews

CH 3800, Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

It's just a bed. Its partnered as a hotel so there isn't a social hostel environment. There wasn't any organized events and when I asked questions I was just handed a brochure. It is cheaper than a lot of the other hostels in Switzerland though so if you're just looking for a bed then it's fine. Had nice washrooms and showers and was clean.

The first room we were in was clean but smelt very strongly of stale smoke, which is surprising when the smoking ban has been in force for a number of years. They were kind enough to move us without any problems for the second night.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

Locks were not working the whole days we stayed was with open door We had to shift the luggages every time to car to keep it safe

• 31st Dec 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Only a bed to sleep in

Great staff! Very helpful with planning excursions, recommendations, etc. A wonderful place all around!

Good place if all you're looking for is a bed to sleep in, nothing extra. Light in the shower didn't work. No wifi in the rooms you have to go down to the lobby to use it. 20 min walk to the town. The staff was excellent though, answered all our questions, gave us some great suggestions on things to do throughout the day.

Very rude staff. Was not clear about my friend canceling her booking and I accidentally paid for her stay as well. Later when I realised this and asked the guy at the reception about refunding, he rudely denied without even listening to our case. We asked to speak with the person who checked us in but they just denied to let us speak to anyone!!! 50Euros down the drain! Also the guy who checked us in was himself very rude, throwing beer coasters on our table commenting "very cheap beer".

Would definetely recommend.

not great. not good. but not terrible. if you're in Interlaken to be outdoors and hike this is not the place for you. stay in a town in the mountains. this hostel is a walk from everywhere besides the bus but if you're hiking late then it sick to have to come back. staff was good and helpful. bizarre building set up. not super clean. standard on everything else.

Funny farm was very well located for any and every activity in Interlaken. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and it was nice to have a bad and common area so large. I would definitely come back here in the summer to take advantage of the pool and all outdoor facilities. The rooms were clean and huge and had an ensuite bathroom which was very convenient. My only complaint is that the wifi does not work in the rooms, but the hostel was so amazing it wasn't a big deal.

We came at night and had the worst greeting I have ever had in a hostel. Not at all friendly, not helpful, it was that bad that we didn't want to ask him anything, we chose to just figure everything out by ourselves. No kitchen to use except for a microwave. There was no chance to get any food when we arrived, the bar-food closes quite early. You have to pay 10 euros for breakfast, and generally this hostel is just not worth the price in my opinion. However, great view, at least from our room.

This is a great hostel for the money. Reminded us of a nice little ski lodge. The only complaint is the wifi only existed in the lobby. Which wasn't a big issue since the lobby was much nicer than the rooms anyway. Also, there isn't a fridge or kitchen so be prepared to eat out. They have an awesome all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for 10 euro!

Hostel was a bit of a walk to and from the train station, but a great place to stay. Note that this is a combined hotel/hostel, which was a little confusing when I walked in. But the front desk is there right when you walk in, and check in is super easy. Staff was very helpful and was able to give good directions. Also a great place to stay if you are looking for adventure activities - Alpin Raft is located right behind the hotel/hostel. recommend this 100%, staff are AWESOME!

Great place to stay! The staff is very welcoming. The view is amazing. The only downfall is there are no lockers.

• 16th Sep 2015

This place was an excellent value. I think I paid around 27 CHF. This is Interlaken! That's hard to beat. Staff were exceptionally polite and helpful. Room was clean and the night was quiet.

• 14th Sep 2015

This hostel would receive better ratings from me if the beds and bathrooms had a bit of a spruce up. the mattress had definitely seen better days on the bunk beds. however, the breakfast at $10 Franc was pretty reasonable. it was about 20 min walk from the main part of interlaken, so definitely walkable but the bus card was a bonus. As a solo traveller I found it difficult to meet other like minded people as there was not really any social area. however, the staff were nice enough.

The receptionist in the night timing was a rude guy. Who don't have any decency to talk to guests. He don't know how to speak. Just because there hostel was completely booked and his attitude change. We wanted to extend our stay but after seeing his rude behaviour we decided to leave. I would never recommend a hoster like this where host don't respect their guests.

Was excellent staff, very comfortable beds, convenient location

The woman who helped us at the front desk on our day of arrival was the sweetest and she was very helpful! She answered any questions that we had and we really liked the free bus pass that she gave us (the bus pass was also something that gave us discounts in other places). We stayed in a private room and the view from the balcony was fantastic. We came here on a recommendation from a friend and we were really glad we did. It's rather far from the city center but it's not far when you have buses

• 4th Sep 2015

No lockers, very outdated, no free breakfast/no kitchen for backpackers use...I went to buy my own food and they wouldn't even let me use a bowl from their kitchen since I didn't buy food from the expensive restaurant in the hotel. They did have a microwave, but it was broken, staff was sitting at bar eating every time I went down for a question. Didn't offer information about what to do in town...Just handed me a map. Really not with the money. The price needs to b 1/3 that they are charging.

We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with our facilities, but is it all mentioned online, so you could know before you book. And you refused to give anything into our lockers on reception as well. Also you always can ask for information or help although we are eating.