Funny-Farm Reviews

CH 3800, Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

For how much I paid I expected a room for ten people to have more than three charging ports and for wifi to work through out the hostel.

Located quite close to bus stop which takes you everywhere in Interlaken

• 14th Aug 2015
  • India

It had the feel of a small hotel as opposed to a youth hostel

• 13th Aug 2015

A little bit dated yes but it still has the air of a grand hotel but instead you pay hostel prices. There are pluses and negatives to this. There should really be lockers in each room but at the same time you get a pool and slackline which is rare for a hostel. Breakfast is cheap and filling, location is a little walk but in a youthful and energetic area of town which we loved.

They said they were fully booked but my entire stay there I didn't see any other travelers around. No atmosphere at all. I asked the staff to recommend a hike based on my ability and they just shoved a map at me with trails.

The room was having some stale smell and the beds were not at all comfortable to sleep which ruined the next day due to lack of sleep in the night.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • India

I liked staying here, wasn't too expensive for a Swiss hostel and you get a public transport card. A bit far a way from the main area but you can still walk it. It's attached to a nicer resort so the facilities are great, it's a bit run-down, and there are no lockers which was annoying. I really liked the pool. The attached bar/club thing had a weird setup, not the best atmosphere when I was there for some reason. Besides that pretty normal hostel experience.

Dears, Some staff of the hostel was not nice, not the kind you find in hostel around the world. Previous to my arrival I tried to contact the hostel twice by email, i never got an answer. No lockers. They do not have kitchen, instead they have a microwave and hot water. I have not seen these in hostels around the world, and definitely this place should not be called hostel. I will not recommend this place ever and regret having stayed there. Thank you

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Spain

The bath is very small and there no possibility to block the door.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Austria

Pretty old building, old rooms, old beds and furniture but the place was nice, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Pretty well located, only a short walk to the centre.

Room is outdated, location is not walking distance from train station, need more direction from train station to the hostel.

• 27th Jul 2015

The room style was definitely a bit older than normal. The shower was very odd, with turning it on through the bathroom sink. We heard the walls creaking from the people moving upstairs. Beds were comfortable for the most part and rooms were clean. We had a room with a balcony and an amazing view. The town center was about 15 minutes of a walk which wasn't bad. Good place to stay for cheap and for few nights. The girl at the front desk was very helpful!

Overall really good, but kind of expensive.

The building itself (lobby area) is quite nice, but the rooms were pretty basic. Nice views from my room, bathroom was nice. The breakfast was expensive so I never got it, and not a lot of difference from what Ive got for free in other hostels. The wifi only works in lobby. Pool area that can be used which is good. I didn't feel the hostel vibe though. It was right next to AlpinRaft which is why I booked it because I was doing bungee with AlpinRaft. No kitchen facilities.

Room was a little unclean. Stained sheets, mouldy shower curtain and found an earwig in the bed. Will not be coming back

• 12th Jul 2015

More of a hotel vibe then hostel

It's tooooo far from the main center and if you take the train to get there you have to climb with your luggage

This hostel was AWESOME! The wifi worked in the rooms. I usually don't leave super positive reviews but this is a place I want to get married, honeymoon, and raise my children. I want to feed them the best burgers from Nick at the bar and let them swim in the crystal clear water of the pool surrounded by the Swiss alps. Balmers doesn't have a pool FYI. AlpinRaft next door became like family and invited us sailing with them for free after we booked adventures with Bazz, Corren, and Sasha. Hell ya

This place was great. A little more outdated than I had pictured it, but the staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, amenities were great, and location was perfect for everything you want to do there. I would definitely recommend to others and would stay there again if I went back. Be sure to book well in advance, especially on weekends!

In a lovely location and everyrhing is great. Could do with bigger lockers though for rucksacks