Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Favorite hostel I have stayed in so far. Upon arriving, Johnny not only welcomed me and other travelers at check in but he also gave us a map and drew up directions and suggestions to everywhere in Roma. Room was spacious and clean, nicest bathroom in suite I've seen so far in European hostels. Everyone was super friendly and the location is SOOOO perfect. Right by the train station and there's a cheap bus from there that will take you to allll the sights. Also each bed had a plug and free wifi.

The hostel was in a great location - it was very easy to get to termini station where transport to and from the airport was located. It was also within walking distance to most of the city. I didn't need to get any public transportation the entire time. The rooms were great and the bathrooms were very clean. Wifi was inconsistent but sufficient for basic needs.

good location close to termini. and the room was fairly clean. but had a strange odour. no common area, and no place to hang out and meet people. the owner is helpful and provides lots of useful information on getting around and sight seeing. It was definitely not the worst hostel I have stayed in, but I wouldn't stay there again.

Best ever!!!! Very clean. Staffs are extremely helpful. One of the staff was planning/scheduling all trip around Rome with very good advises. Rooms are very comfortable and equipped. Breakfast is Italian style (coffee + croissant). So, don't scare because this is the common breakfast in Italy. But it was the best croissant and cappuccino I ever had.

Patient host, give their advice to travel very patient, nice trip

Enjoyed staying at this hostel, staff were extremely friendly, helpful and polite

• 4th Dec 2014

If you are going to Rome you HAVE to stay here!!! You won't find anything better and for a great price!

By far the best hostel I have ever been to! The staff was so friendly and helpful! Upon arrival we got a map and detailed description of where to go,and how to do Rome right! We also got upgraded with no extra charge and a bottle of wine as a thank you for staying! We are staying there again before a flight in a few days and I cannot wait to go back! Highly highly recommend

hi guys, the hostel funny place is excellent place to spend time in Rome, very good staff speaks good english, they also help me lot by giving us good advise & it saves our money. it was really clean and also we got the nice breakfast in the morning...believe me you will like the place .....funny place rockzzz :)

• 29th Nov 2014
  • India

Once you get through the rather strange check-in, it is a great place to stay!

• 28th Nov 2014

This hostel was great! Location was very convenient and the owner is incredibly helpful in planning your adventure in Rome! Highly recommended.

The staff was amazing, they were very welcoming and pretty much planned out the best way for us to fit all the main sights into our 1 weekend visit to Rome.

Staff was so great as soon as I got there. They basically told us everything I needed to see in Rome, where to eat, insider tricks on some of the attractions, and more. My friend and I made separate bookings, but they upgraded our rooms for free to be able to put us in the same room, which was really nice. My only issue was the lack of hot water; it wasn't ice cold, but it wasn't warm. Overall, loved it and would go back in a heart beat.

It was a wonderful stay in this Hostel. I was upgraded with private bathroom with no extra charge when i booked for shared bathroom. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The Rooms were spacious and also had in room kitchen which i dint expect :). Very near to Rome Termini. I would recommend who ever is willing to visit Rome.

Best Hostel I have ever been to, everything was excellent and the owners were more than helpfull with everything! Clean, spacious, in excellent spot near Termini Station and they ever recommended places to visit giving exact directions and places toneat offering a small discount..I will never stay anywhere else in Rome!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Funny Palace is a great place. The staff is very nice and will help you in anything you need, is clean, well located.

The welcoming was great. He showed us where to go to see all the sites and how to get there. Its right next to the main bus station and metro, and right next to the bus stop to take you back to the airport.

• 13th Nov 2014

Had been in this hostel in previous years, and i was surprised when finding they have changed their policy regarding age limits in dorm rooms: no people over 40 there .....ok i should have checked before , that is always a good role before reserving, so i accepted the accomodation they offered me instead, even though for a totally different price..... I think hostel world should indicate more clearly the age limits of every hostel listed in its webpage, it is too important !!

Definitely not your typical hostel. No common area, no hot water. But it's a decent location near termini, staff can be helpful if you ask, nice free little breakfast at a nearby cafe. If you're on a budget this place is fine.

Located very close to Roma Termini, this hostel is extremely convenient. Also, the staff is very warm, welcoming and helpful. They also offered a bottle of free wine, which was a good feeling after a long day at travel. And yes, I have stayed in other hostels around Europe, but here, even though I had officially checked out, I was allowed to use the computer and internet facilities to keep myself busy until my bus arrived.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7