Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Disgusting bathroom of which there was only one tonight/bathroom for all occupants. Rooms were big but not worth it considering how gross the bathroom was. Even though staff were friendly one of them was very touchy and did not maintain person boundaries, would touch my face or shoulder with no need and as a female solo traveller was uncomfortable, another girl I met also mentioned this to me.No pub crawls organised at all, breakfast=one pastry, bad hostel for what is paid. No bedside lamps too

Apon arrival Eric, was extremely nice and upgraded our room too our own room!l with no additional cost. Also have us a free bottle of red wine (yum!) him and the other staff were extremely helpful with places to visit and places to eat! Will be sure to recommend this place and come back to stay here

This hostel was great for our group of 3. Had more of a hotel feel to it which was a good thing for us. We never had to worry about waking others up or being woken up. The hostel staff was also very cool and helpful. Not much of a place to socialize with other travelers but awesome for visiting and viewing the city. Highly recommended!

It's so nice... I didn't know that until I have stayed other hostel. And this hostel gave me too much comfort. I really miss my days in rome and this hostel make me that 정말 좋은 곳이란걸 피렌체와서 깨달았어요. 거긴 천국... 가면 와인 하나 서비스로 주고 (룸메이트는 이미 마셨고 전 세이브함). 시간 늦게가면 깍아줘요. 피렌체에서는 정말치사한꼴 다 겪는데 말이죠 주인장이 아시안이라 아시안무시하는것도없어요 바로 옆에 로컬푸드시장있어요 안드레아 쿠폰주는데 양을 너무많이주니까 세트시키지마요 아침까지 주는 곳은 정말 그곳밖에 없었네요

Great place to stay and near the station and there is a bar down the road where you can meet other travelers. The lift is scary but it does work!

Very helpful staff and clean rooms

Good and clean hostel close to the station. Not a party hostel but more like a budget hotel which was fine. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

Great place :) mabri was awesome help! Will gladly come back!

The staff were amazing! When you arrive they go through absolutely everything with you, great atmosphere and perfect for the lone traveller! I arrived at 1am after delayed flights and lost baggage and I made a last minute booking and staff instantly emailed me and helped me with directions to get there from the airport! I love this place! Thank you so much!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great knowledgeable friendly staff, really nice rooms with individual safes, great wifi, fans provided in room which made sleeping so much easier, breakfast was lovely, one of my favourite hostels.

Funny Palace is a quirky little Hotel like place. One checks in via the laundromat next door and Eric who care for us was great. We even got a free bottle of wine HA! Also it's super close to Termini train station and easy to walk to many of the big tourist sites.

Such a lovely building to say in, if a little hard to find. Would recommend.

The Host was very considerate. He upgraded our rooms with no extra charge and provided great recommendations as to what to do and see for the night we spent in Rome.

• 28th Aug 2014

BEST EXPERIENCE!! SO not what I pictured when I pictured a hostel setting!! Staff was super awesome. Room was great, airconditioning and WIFI what more could you want?!? Free breakfast every morning and the breakfast pastries and cappachinos were amazing. Also the pizza place around the corner was fabulous! Two blocks away from the train and metro and just a prime location to see all of Rome!!

• 28th Aug 2014

Very professional, I felt like I was staying at a hotel. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Funny Palace employee Eric in the internet café. He helped us map out where we would go throughout our stay in Rome (literally drew on a map), along with suggestions of the best tourist deals. He then gave us a complimentary bottle of red wine and free towels to use. We originally booked a private room with shared bathroom, but Eric upgraded us to a private room with a private bathroom free of charge.

• 27th Aug 2014

The owner was very helpful, we had 3 full days in Rome and he gave us an itinerary for all 3 days to get the best out of Rome. And a bottle of wine :)

Loved the place thanks Joni for getting me up for my flight and showing me all the eight places perfect I'm my book

• 25th Aug 2014

More of a hotel than a hostel, but very nice! Cold Air Con, rooms cleaned daily, free bottle of wine, free pastry/coffee/juice for breakfast & 3 min walk to bus/train station/market! Eric was very knowledgeable of Rome & helped with all my concerns. I will def stay here again when I come back to Rome!

Comfy hostel and nice hosts! =)

The Funny Palace was more like a very average hotel than a hostel. Our 'double bed' was two singles pushed together which would separate during the night. There was no common room. We saw 1 other guest in 6 days. There are no kitchen facilities whatsoever. Not even a kettle or a fridge to store food or drink. This means you have to eat out for every single meal, which is not cheap in Rome. Staff were very up and down, very pleasant at times and straight out rude other times. I wouldn't stay here

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7