Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

If you are looking for a Central Hostel with nice And clean rooms, you are Right here! Only The staff is a bit weird (talking very quickly about the things he Has To say To every guest and that was it. he Seemed like he doesn't care. we Wanted to Print something And he said ok and Afterwards he asked For Money. First he didn't Even mention that this costs and afterwards we paid for every Site 50 Cents.) only Cash is accepted, NO CREDIT CARD for the reservation! big minus!!!

• 23rd Aug 2015

It's a great place to spend a few days in Rome, well located, safe and clean. There isnt a place to hang out or socialize, which was fin for me as Rome already had enough to do :)

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • India

The wifi was very bad, there was mould in the washroom, other than that everything was fine.

Good rooms, clean ano comfortable. They have a good safe locker and excellent wifi. There is a laundry ano a Internet place. The only weird thing is that they have a reception, the attendants stay in the laundry beside, although it were never a problem, and are very friendly

The worst hostel I've stayed in. Staff is ok, but the bathroom wasn't clean. There was no air conditioning. And this is definitely not an hostel. No atmosphere! You can't even leave your luggage in a safe place during the last day.

It was SO clean! And the staff was very welcoming! Next to termini train station which goes everywhere! Check the metro times tho they are very random! Only bad thing I can say about this place is that the wifi would go in and out randomly while using it. But great hostel!!

I can recommend the hostel to everyone who doesn't bother walking a bit. The hostel is next to Termini (5 mins away), but the center is on the other side of the station. Rooms are good and spacious (AC in rooms!), and we had a private bathroom, even though we just paid the normal price. Facilities are great: the owners run an internet café. After arrival, they will immediately sit down to plan day tours through Rome. Breakfast is indeed Italian (croissant + coffee), but hey, when in Rome...

Good hostel, the rooms are clean and it's right near the train station, but not very close to many attractions. There isn't a kitchen or common area, and only 1 bathroom on the floor I was staying, but it's a nice place. The owner is lovely.

I stayed in this hostel for 5 nights in total, start my trip from this hostel. It's really close to Termini station and easy to find. Facility is clean and perfect, bed is comfortable, security box also work perfect. But I don't recommend this hostel who is seeking for party.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

I got the impression that the owners have a couple of apartments located around the area which they have converted into dorm rooms. The room was great, brand new bathroom. Great air conditioning. Unfortunately no kitchen or social space with lounges to meet other travellers. The drink and crossiant for breakfast from around the corner good. It is a perfect location and space if your just looking for a bed.

Great location as its close to the main train station. I was given a map and planned out everything with the days I'm staying in Rome when I checked in. Everything is prepared and well explained. More like a hotel-hostel room instead. The only down side is the lift is small and when you're staying in 4th floor. But overall is perfect! Will definitely recommend here.

The hostel was OK, the staff was the best part of staying there as they took their time to make sure you felt at home. The beds were tiny and was not a fan of carrying around 3 keys to get into the room. Great A/C and WiFi. Not a place to meet people so the atmosphere is non existent. Convenient access to termini

Everything was clean, good AC, 3 person room had nice shower and good security. Only negative was atmosphere, not really a common room but met and hung out with roommates

Amazing place, very clean and nice with super friendly and helpful staff. Our entire stay was mapped out by Malbi as soon as we arrived, helping us make sure to see as much of Rome as possible. Definitely will stay again next time in Rome

• 4th Aug 2015

Pretty nice place. No AC, but it's close to the Termini. During check-in, was also given a map with full details about where to go, what to see, what buses to take, places to eat with discounts, sight seeing options to trade for time, etc, and also got a free upgrade to a better room. Might be tricky in the summer if you're not used to heat, but overall I had a pretty nice stay.

I really like funny palace :) it is super close to termini! Which is great because from there you can get transportation to everywhere. The room was nice, it had a/c that worked, i felt secure in the room. Wifi was really good :) places to charge your phone / electronics next to every bed :)

Best hostel I've been to, hands down. Really nice staff, helped with trip planning. Great AC and also had reasonably priced laundry that they do for you!

This was one of the best hostels that we stayed in on our trip around Europe. You check in at the laundry/internet cafe where you are greeted with lovely and friendly staff, once you have checked in they will then take you up to your room and also give you a map with an itinerary on it for each day you are in the city. Breakfast is at a local pastry shop, you are given a voucher to purchase 1 pastry and a drink.

The staff was really nice, the facility itself is sooo old. It's relatively clean but I had to rig my power outlet to be able to charge my phone since it was hanging out of the wall. There is no A/C either, so if you're looking to lose that extra holiday weight the night time full sweat is sure to do the trick

Absolutely loved it here. The staff were so helpful and friendly and gave fantastic advice on things to do and getting around the city.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7