Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Initially we were a little dubious with the check in being in the laundromat, however we were pleasantly surprised with the level of detail and service we received at check in. Even though we were only staying one night we were given multiple options and tips for getting the most out of our short stay in Rome. The location was great for transport!

• 27th Sep 2014

Excelent staff, they gave us a bottle of wine , they show u the room , super clean, they clean beds every day

Nice clean hostel, not really conducive to meeting people though due to the small rooms and the layout of the place. Helpful staff and great WIFI throughout. Very close to Termini station

Very well kept hostel, 4 bed dorm with en suite was lovely. ~ 40 min walk from the centre of the city. Mabri extremely helpful giving us an itinerary based on the time we had in Rome. Breakfast in local cafe quite nice. Great value, great stay.

For a cheaper price than most B

• 15th Sep 2014

Staff was friendly. Beds and bath were clean. Nothing spectacular but it was close to the metro.

it`s good place to stay calm. they clean room so well. but it was really hard to hang out with someone. no terrace. if u just want to hang out with somebody and you are alnoe traveller, choose another hostel. but if u want to stay calm, this hostel is quite good.

Beware of a €3,50 per night per person "city tax." I'm not sure if this is city-wide but it was an unexpected expense. Otherwise, the room was very nice & clean and the staff were really helpful when we asked them for help planning our trips, saved us a lot of time and frustration. Another note, they only accept cash. A little hard to find because the check-in is in a laundromat underneath/next door to the actual hostel and the only indication is a small bumper sticker on the wall outside.

bad bathroom of which there was only one tonight/bathroom for all occupants. Rooms were big but not worth it considering how gross the bathroom was. breakfast=one pastry, bad hostel for what is paid. No bedside lamps too

Apon arrival Eric, was extremely nice and upgraded our room too our own room!l with no additional cost. Also have us a free bottle of red wine (yum!) him and the other staff were extremely helpful with places to visit and places to eat! Will be sure to recommend this place and come back to stay here

Good location ,very close to the railway station . Excellent staff,give us very very detailed information of traveling in Roma.Clean rooms .Value for money . They gave us a bottle of red wine as a gift when checking in ,which made us very happy:).

• 11th Sep 2014
  • China

This hostel was great for our group of 3. Had more of a hotel feel to it which was a good thing for us. We never had to worry about waking others up or being woken up. The hostel staff was also very cool and helpful. Not much of a place to socialize with other travelers but awesome for visiting and viewing the city. Highly recommended!

It's so nice... I didn't know that until I have stayed other hostel. And this hostel gave me too much comfort. I really miss my days in rome and this hostel make me that 정말 좋은 곳이란걸 피렌체와서 깨달았어요. 거긴 천국... 가면 와인 하나 서비스로 주고 (룸메이트는 이미 마셨고 전 세이브함). 시간 늦게가면 깍아줘요. 피렌체에서는 정말치사한꼴 다 겪는데 말이죠 주인장이 아시안이라 아시안무시하는것도없어요 바로 옆에 로컬푸드시장있어요 안드레아 쿠폰주는데 양을 너무많이주니까 세트시키지마요 아침까지 주는 곳은 정말 그곳밖에 없었네요

Great place to stay and near the station and there is a bar down the road where you can meet other travelers. The lift is scary but it does work!

Very helpful staff and clean rooms

Good and clean hostel close to the station. Not a party hostel but more like a budget hotel which was fine. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

Great place :) mabri was awesome help! Will gladly come back!

The staff were amazing! When you arrive they go through absolutely everything with you, great atmosphere and perfect for the lone traveller! I arrived at 1am after delayed flights and lost baggage and I made a last minute booking and staff instantly emailed me and helped me with directions to get there from the airport! I love this place! Thank you so much!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great knowledgeable friendly staff, really nice rooms with individual safes, great wifi, fans provided in room which made sleeping so much easier, breakfast was lovely, one of my favourite hostels.

Funny Palace is a quirky little Hotel like place. One checks in via the laundromat next door and Eric who care for us was great. We even got a free bottle of wine HA! Also it's super close to Termini train station and easy to walk to many of the big tourist sites.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7