Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Best Hostel I have ever been to, everything was excellent and the owners were more than helpfull with everything! Clean, spacious, in excellent spot near Termini Station and they ever recommended places to visit giving exact directions and places toneat offering a small discount..I will never stay anywhere else in Rome!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Greece

The welcoming was great. He showed us where to go to see all the sites and how to get there. Its right next to the main bus station and metro, and right next to the bus stop to take you back to the airport.

• 13th Nov 2014

Had been in this hostel in previous years, and i was surprised when finding they have changed their policy regarding age limits in dorm rooms: no people over 40 there .....ok i should have checked before , that is always a good role before reserving, so i accepted the accomodation they offered me instead, even though for a totally different price..... I think hostel world should indicate more clearly the age limits of every hostel listed in its webpage, it is too important !!

Definitely not your typical hostel. No common area, no hot water. But it's a decent location near termini, staff can be helpful if you ask, nice free little breakfast at a nearby cafe. If you're on a budget this place is fine.

Located very close to Roma Termini, this hostel is extremely convenient. Also, the staff is very warm, welcoming and helpful. They also offered a bottle of free wine, which was a good feeling after a long day at travel. And yes, I have stayed in other hostels around Europe, but here, even though I had officially checked out, I was allowed to use the computer and internet facilities to keep myself busy until my bus arrived.

This is not a hostel. While our hotel room was nice and we got upgraded to a private room with private bathroom, there is no common area or kitchen. The location is great - right near Termini, walking distance from most things, but on a back street where it is nice and quiet. The shower dribbled but the water was hot. The prices were fine until you add the 3.50 Euros per person per night in city tax.

The check-in staff was wonderful - extremely friendly and helpful. Provided me with a map of Rome and helped me coordinate my travels the next day (by bus to CIA airport). The room was extremely clean, bathroom was model and very clean as well. They were accommodating to late check-ins and very early check-outs. The very nice lady that checked me in was Lilly - thank you so much for your help!

Great service, staff was nice & helpful, free breakfast at a cafe nearby. There were lockers for valuables in the dorm-style room I stayed in, but mine was broken. Staff offered to let me lock my stuff somewhere else though. Atmosphere's pretty laid back. Would recommend.

• 4th Nov 2014

Not one bad thing to say about the hostel or the wonderful people that worked there-owned the place except there wasn't ANY kind of dependable hot water. Coooold shower my entire stay. Not just me either, it was a running joke on our floor. Perfect location though! Only minutes from the main train station and there is amazing food in the area - Dell'omo and Neids in Nepols.

• 2nd Nov 2014

This is close to Roma Termini! The free breakfast at a nearby café was a big plus. I just wished they had a kitchen.

Great hostel in a perfect location near the train station. Stayed in a mixed dorm and was very comfortable. The rooms are cleaned daily. My only complaint would be the fact that there is only one bathroom, but it didn't cause much of a problem.

Pros: the staff are super friendly and helpful. It's only a couple blocks away from the main train station so it's central to everything. Towel included and linens seemed clean. They make your bed every day. Cons: the wifi didn't work at all in the rooms. The hostel is in an apartment building so the rooms are separated on different floors, making it hard to meet people. The location seemed a little sketchy to be walking alone late at night.

Close to Termini station. Includes a small free breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Nice place to stay for some peace, and they will even do your laundry for you for a few euros.

If I had booked this as a hotel, I would have been very happy. The rooms were superb and I was impressed with the reception given by the staff (as well as complementary gifts on arrival!). It is located very close to the train station, and it is easy to see the city walking from the front door. Despite all of the above, I would not classify this accommodation as a hostel since there were no common areas: No kitchen, no lounge, no games room or any other area one is able to socialize.

It was great! Very accommodating and helped a lot with planning the trip!

• 24th Oct 2014

Brillant location, close to main tourist attractions, plus close to train station. Great staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Good value for money with breakfast included

This was an excellent choice! The staff were really helpful and nice, they were attentive and provided us with everything we needed and more. Great value for $$ paid, will definitely return and highly recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in Rome!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location, a 7 min walk from Termini, is the best aspect of the hostel. The security is tight but since the rooms are on the 2nd floor it might be a bit noisy around nighttime if cranky people are wandering around the nearby streets. The staff are friendly and welcoming. However, I would rate it as poor value for money in terms of facilities: the breakfast is just one crossiant and a cappuccino, only one towel is provided for the entire stay, no complementary bath items are provided.

Amazing staff who really look after each guest with a great first impression. Rooms were awesome and so were the bathrooms. I do wish either a fridge or some sort of kitchen facility was available, but with the breakfast voucher for a great pastry shop around the corner, that helps with staying on a food budget.

Good location,friendly staff, we've got better room as originally booked for the same price. So everything was fine:-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7