Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Pretty nice place overall, internet could be a bit spotty but otherwise no real problems. Not a great place to meet people other than those in your room due to the way the tiny little common area is set up. Also, free bottle of wine was a great gesture but unfortunately it tasted like salt water, so I would advise against actually drinking it...

Room was serviced everyday beds made and clean basin and toilet, towel provided at no extra charge, fridge didn't work in our room but staff were happy for us to leave food and drinks in the laundry fridge. Great wifi and free! Provided coffee and croissant at spinello restraunt every morning which tasted delicious! Comfy bed, lots of room, very close to termini, staff introductory and welcoming was fantastic, staff recommend Andreas pizza across the street which cost we'll above average!

The hostel was perfectly situated about a 3 minute walk from termini station so getting around was easy. The rooms were great, comfortable beds and fans provided. I had booked a 5 bed dorm but was moved to a 3 bed with private bathroom as I was the only girl with 4 guys so I would be more comfortable. Very accommodating staff!! Only downside was no common area to meet people but apart from that an excellent stay. Free bottle of vino rosso was definitely a nice touch as well.

Originally we booked a 4 bed dorm for three people for two nights and 3 bed private ensuite for three nights since the latter one wasn't available. Yet the host was kind enough to upgrade our first two nights, WITHOUT EXTRA CHARGE, into private ensuite so that in the end we stayed in the same room without changing. Whether the location is good or not depends on how you look at it because it's really near roma termini, where terravision stoped, but a little bit far from the main attractions.

Great rooms, fantastic location... Walking distance to trevinfountain, colosseum extra! Only disappointment was that I was in a private room (no dorms available) and was completely separate from the actual hostel and not allowed to go in to common areas, meaning there was no atmosphere. If you are looking for a reasonably nice hotel room on a hostel budget, this is for you!

The staff are interesting and friendly.

Wonderful stay. Really friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds and fans because it was very warm. We were given a bottle of wine upon arrival and a map and the staff planned our day for us and told us how to get to the sites. Only down side was that the shower was cold the one day I used it. Will definatley come back though!

• 28th Jul 2014

Really nice Hostel. We enjoyed our stay there quite a bit. The main office is an internet cafe/laundromat, which would have been confusing but the staff emailed us before and told exactly how to get there. Upon arrival, Lilly met us and was really nice and helpful about our time in Rome and what we should see given how long we were staying. They also gave us a welcome bottle of wine, which was a nice surprise and a cool thing to do.

Definitely a funny place! Don't let the cafe scare you off because the facilities are super nice for a hostel! No bunk beds, clean bathrooms, plugs and lamps at every bed. Staff are incredibly helpful in planning your visit in Rome. Harder to meet people because there is no common space, but I was able to bond with my roommates. The included breakfast was nice! Would stay here again.

Not bad, not good. I liked some staff because they were friendly, others didn't seem to care much about customer service. This hostel is run like a business, so for the price, you get what you pay for. Cannot complain about my stay.

great friendly staff gave us the map with all important markings no curfew issues the bottle of wine at the time of check in just made my day

Eric, one of the owners, is a very thoughtful and nice, gave me a full personalized itinerary the moment I arrived (which I followed, and which worked out perfectly), and also went out of his way to mail me something I'd forgotten at the hostel that was really important to me. Thank you so much Eric, and thank you Funny Palace! I mean it with the "Excellent"s, and would highly recommend this hostel

• 26th Jul 2014

I've stayed at Funny Palace a couple of times now- it has friendly, helpful staff, and nice rooms (a/c, wi-fi, personal safe etc.) all with 24 hour access.

It was a great stay and great people. So nice not to have a bunkbed, have ample space, a nice bathroom, plugs for every bed, and A SAFE to put your stuff in. They professionally checked in my bags and brought it all the way up to the 5th floor. Told me lots of great things to do, where to book early, arranged a tour for me, etc. It was the best. Only weird part is, they also run a laundry service so it seemed weird at first (check in) but it totally wasn't.

Amazing amazing place to stay. Mabri is really helpful - He helped me with the sightseeing and was in general a great host. Highly recommend staying here.

It was good hotel. as their hotel name, their staffs are really funny, helpful and enthusiasm. They explained us really well the city and gave us advice where and how to go for our 2 day-trip. we highly recommended this hotel for travellers.

Clean, tidy, handy to Termini train station, friendly and helpfull staff.

Great hostel. Our room was upgraded from a 4 bed mixed shared room, to a private twin en suit for no extra cost! We also received a free bottle of wine on arrival, and our rooms were cleaned everyday. Very friendly staff, who gave us a map and told us the best places to see as well as some good insider tips. Hostel was only 5 mins walk from the main train station, and close to Rome attractions. Walk to the Colosseum and Roman Forum was 15 mins. Free use of internet cafe from 8.30am-11pm.

Not really a hostel - just a converted hotel room with extra beds added. Zero communal space, so near impossible to meet other travellers unless they're in your room. Staff are useful for what to do in Rome, but don't expect any partying or hostel-organised events like pub crawls etc.

• 17th Jul 2014

I don't think we would have got nearly as much out of Rome if it wasn't for your help. Thank you so much!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6