Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Overall would go back super clean & well maintained, Wi-Fi was not usable even though the router was right outside door, Advertised AC but no remote/ power to the AC unit, caused for a warm night, though cool outside there was no circulation. There was an air vent in our room which would have been great if we could figure out which bathroom it was connected to and just leave the fan on, the on/off was a bit disturbing in early morning hours. Could not report wifi/ac issue since we found out late

• 20th May 2015
  • badgingguy

I stayed in this hostel por two nights, and tried to extend it for two night more because I really enjoyed it. People in the hostel was amazing. They helped me out when I was in trouble, finding another hostel because theirs was totally booked. The hostel offers a lot of services, including laundry and free breakfast, and the people in reception can give you advice for whatever you need. By far is the best hostel and people I found in Rome.

• 13th May 2015
  • Spain

Mabri was really nice and sweet with me. He showed me places i should visited, things i should take care about... The room was nice and clean, the bed was confortable and the location is also good. The only thing i didn't like most is that they don't have a common area. But everything else was perfect.

Seemingly sketchy since you check-in at the laundromat downstairs in not the nicest area but we had an incredible accommodation, were upgraded to a room with an ensuite bathroom for no extra charge. Very thorough instructions on how to navigate the city and 10% off deal for great Italian meal around the corner the night we checked in. Very nice staff, really helpful, accessible location for not that much money.

The hostel was okay but there is no front desk or any signs of where it is. We were able to find it but it was because the owner was standing outside of the laundry mat and saw us.

Very nice staff, but I had a big problem with the kitchen. The plates and glasses in the kitchen were very very dirty. I needed a glass, but the dirt was stuck on all glasses, and I couldn't remove it even after washing many times with (my) liquid soap and hot water. Please provide dishwashing detergent and ask guests to wash after using, not put them back dirty.

Great location near the Termini and walking distance to many of the major sights. Mabri and Eric the hosts were really helpful. As soon as we arrived they sat down with us, gave us a map and outlined a schedule for each day and also gave excellent advice on how to get around where to eat. Legends! Exceptional value

• 7th May 2015

That guy should definetly learn how to send group emails not showing everybodys email addresses!!! Otherwise we would have given him an "excellent" for staff.

Excellent stay here! I had an amazing private room, and the owner helped provided me with directions to all the major spots and was extremely welcoming and hospitable. I highly recommend funny Palace Hostel

• 30th Apr 2015

the staff was really friendly and help me map out my stay, good bed linen and everything was clean, but the rooms were small and there was no common room, so it wasn't a great place to meet people. they also charged me too much when I got there, but I didn't question it.

Funny Palace made My and My fiancess's stay in Rome very memorable. Mabri, the host was very helpful. Not only was our stay comfortable but we also got some really good tips to travel around in Rome. The location is very good, very near the Termini train station! Thumbs up!!

The staff were very helpful in providing us with information about the city and tours.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Mabri is an extraordinary host, very helpful and friendly. He will do a lot to help you find the best deals around the city and make the most out of your stay. Feel free to ask him ANYTHING

• 23rd Apr 2015

This hostel was in a great location - close to transportation and within walking distance of many main attractions. Staff was very helpful & room was clean. Would definitely stay again!

• 22nd Apr 2015

No complain about the hostel or the room which was ok but about the staff who was really impolite. I asked for a receipt and suddenly the problems started...

Very clean room, we had en-suite and it was very clean and we had a tv. Was a little weird checking in down stairs at a laundromat :/ If they had normal receptionist area place might feel more secure... just a suggestion :/ Place is very close to train station and subway station so another plus. Staff was friendly and everything worked out with charges.

• 14th Apr 2015

I was worried when I first arrived to the hostel because it just seemed to be a laundromat. However, this is just the office/where you meet the host. He then took us to our room which was on the same block, around the corner. He was incredibly friendly and gave us about a 20 minute information session on tourism in Rome, plus an excellent dinner recommendation. He also upgraded me and my friends for free to a room with our own private bathroom. Over all, incredibly friendly staff.

Owner gave us comprehensive travel tips which help us a lot during our stay in Rome. Travelled without panic, usually be able to avoid long queuing line.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Close to Termini station. Staff really helpful especially helpful on where to go around rome. Stayed in a 3 bedroom ensuite.

Eric and Mabri were both very helpful to us during our stay. They mapped out exactly where we should go and on which days to ensure we got to see everything we wanted to see. Eric even upgraded us to a private room so that all of our friends could be together. Overall, a great experience!

• 6th Apr 2015