Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Clean, tidy, handy to Termini train station, friendly and helpfull staff.

• 20th Jul 2014

very good

Very bizarre hostel. You have to check in around the corner at a laundrette and internet cafe. The staff were super friendly and sit you down and go over what there is to do in Rome. They also let you use the computers in the cafe for free and gave us a welcome bottle of wine. However I would say that if you are looking to meet fellow travellers it is probably not the best hostel. Its also located in very scary area if you are alone or female.

Don't be scared off by the super sketchy laundry shop/office. I got into Rome late at night and when I finally found the hostel the guys checking me in and the whole laundry mat atmosphere was weird. I was ready to find a hotel. I sucked it up and stayed there and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was more helpful then any hostel I've stayed at. The guy will help plan your Rome visit. Good place overall...

Really awesome! The staff were very accommodating and helpful, they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure I had a pleasant stay in Rome, and I hugely appreciate that! I wrote a very positive review for Funny Palace on TripAdvisor too :)

• 7th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

They upgraded us in a 3 beds private room for free. For sure not a party hostel.

Truly a very nice and clean hostel, in a convenient location to take public transport or even walk to the sites. (Walking can be a bit far). The staff and amenities are very nice, they even help draw and plan your route so u can see as many of the sites as efficiently as possible, hell they even make your bed for you each day. My only complaint and it is more specific to people traveling alone is there was no common area so it was difficult to meet other people staying in the hostel.

The location is very good and the Staff-Eric is pretty helpful, he also send us a bottle of wine as the welcome gift.

Excellent hostel. It was my firts time in a hostel and the expierence was very good!! The rooms were clean and also the bathroom. The check in is performed in a laundry that gives you a not good image, but the hostel is at the right of the laundry. Very near from a lot of turist places!! I will not doubt to recommend this hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Be careful with under 18s as despite putting the ages in at booking we were almost turned away despite the fact we would have no where to go but we needed to change to a private room which costs more so be careful otherwise was pretty basic but ok the atmosphere was non existent but location was ok.

The staff were very friendly. No common room and no air conditioning which was one of the stated facilities and it was just way too hot to sleep. Fans are not airconditioning. Wifi was super good. No kitchen or facilities to get water.

• 24th Jun 2014

very friendly and always willing to help personal. Good location and price ratio . I strongly recommend this hostal to those looking for spending a nice time in Rome with a low-medium budget. I stayed with my family in one of the private rooms with four beds.

Mabri was amazing! He did a great job of helping us plan our time in Rome

Super nice and helpful staff - they teach you the most efficient, cost effective ways to see Rome.

They should have breakfast.

部屋のある建物の扉、階段、エレベーター(笑)、部屋の内装など、ローマらしく歴史を感じました。スタッフさんたちは親切で、チェックイン時には丁寧に観光ルートを説明してくれました。朝御飯はひとつ駅寄りの通りにあるカフェでクロワッサンと飲み物を頂けます。そのカフェの向かいにあるレストランの割引券ももらえたので、食べに行きました。テルミニ駅から徒歩5分程度で、夜もそんなに怖いとは思いませんでした(私達は女子3人だったからかもしれません)。お部屋もこざっぱりしていて、金庫もついています。強いて言うなら、鍵が3種類あるのでちょっとかさばることくらいです。三泊快適でした。 We were 3 girls, stayed 3 nights. The room was clean, cozy and a locker was equiped. Staffs are kind and he showed us how to walk around ROME using a map. It was a nice staying close to Termini station.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Japan

This place has the every thing you need but is lacking in a central common room which I find as a big draw back as you can only meet people that are in the sam room or floor as you. Also the metal bars at the end of the beds (foot boards)prevented me from stretching out at night (people over 6 foot will know what I'm talking about).

iStaff were friendly, but the rooms were dirty and the bathroom was disgusting. 50c to print per sheet seems pretty expensive if wanting to print something

I have asked many local people but they are not sure about the exact location of the hostel.

Our time in Florence was unforgettable due to the fact we had such an awesome host. Nadina felt like a long time friend rather than a host. She always had time to answer any questions we had, recommended some great places to eat ( make sure she draws on your map!) And even made us breakfast each morning. Location is great. Close to the train station and food/leather market. When we return to Florence, we will definately be staying with Nadina. Thanks for a great time Daryl

• 16th Jun 2014