Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

They should have breakfast.

部屋のある建物の扉、階段、エレベーター(笑)、部屋の内装など、ローマらしく歴史を感じました。スタッフさんたちは親切で、チェックイン時には丁寧に観光ルートを説明してくれました。朝御飯はひとつ駅寄りの通りにあるカフェでクロワッサンと飲み物を頂けます。そのカフェの向かいにあるレストランの割引券ももらえたので、食べに行きました。テルミニ駅から徒歩5分程度で、夜もそんなに怖いとは思いませんでした(私達は女子3人だったからかもしれません)。お部屋もこざっぱりしていて、金庫もついています。強いて言うなら、鍵が3種類あるのでちょっとかさばることくらいです。三泊快適でした。 We were 3 girls, stayed 3 nights. The room was clean, cozy and a locker was equiped. Staffs are kind and he showed us how to walk around ROME using a map. It was a nice staying close to Termini station.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Japan

This place has the every thing you need but is lacking in a central common room which I find as a big draw back as you can only meet people that are in the sam room or floor as you. Also the metal bars at the end of the beds (foot boards)prevented me from stretching out at night (people over 6 foot will know what I'm talking about).

iStaff were friendly, but the rooms were dirty and the bathroom was disgusting. 50c to print per sheet seems pretty expensive if wanting to print something

I have asked many local people but they are not sure about the exact location of the hostel.

Our time in Florence was unforgettable due to the fact we had such an awesome host. Nadina felt like a long time friend rather than a host. She always had time to answer any questions we had, recommended some great places to eat ( make sure she draws on your map!) And even made us breakfast each morning. Location is great. Close to the train station and food/leather market. When we return to Florence, we will definately be staying with Nadina. Thanks for a great time Daryl

• 16th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Not far from the train station but about 15-20 mins from everything else. Check in is weird because it's in a laundromat but the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are basically hotel rooms with four single beds put inside. My room had its own shower and bathroom and sleeping there was fine as there was AC. No real common room to meet other travelers in but there is a party hostel with a bar only a few blocks over I hung out at to meet people.

We originally booked a triple room with shared bathroom however got upgraded to a triple with private bathroom which was lovely and basically like staying in a hotel room. The room was clean and comfortable and we had clean towels each day. The location was easy to find and very close to Termini train station but far enough away to not be too loud at night. All in all the room was perfetc for the three of us to stay and explore Rome and we would definatlety stay again.

Only stayed here one night before my flight from Rome early in the morning. Location was excellent, right by Termini station. The staff was so helpful for planning my transportation to Fiumicino, and the value was great as well.

The location was great. The free breakfast was nice, the recommendation of the Restaurant was great, and the office being a laundromat and internet point for printing was amazing.

The greeting from the hosts was great on day 1. Very helpful guys. Gave all the necessary information about the city including a map. But go to the room and you realise what a scam this really is. With rent close to 30 eur a night, the air conditioner is a show piece. Rome being so hot during the summers, it was very difficult to get any sleep at night! For the same price there are great alternatives even closer to termini.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • India

Funny Hostel was awesome! The staff was so friendly and accommodating! Should advertise "Funny Palace" better on the outside though!

A bit expensive but a very nice hostel. Safe clean and overall very nice. Would reccomend!!

Be sure to let them know what time you're arriving if you plan on getting there before 8:30 am. We arrived at 6:30 am and they weren't open yet. If this happens to you, there's a little coffee shop around the corner that was open and had free wifi. However, once we were able to check in, the staff was very friendly and helpful. They mapped everything out for us so we could figure out where to go. They also gave us a free bottle of wine upon check in, so that was a nice touch! :)

So helpful! We had lost luggage coming into Rome and the staff at Funny Palace helped us track it down and get it delivered right to us.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Great hostel close to the city center and right next to the the train terminal. Wonderful staff too. Was a bit too pricey though. 30 euro for one night at a 5 bed mixed bedroom isn't what you'd call a deal. I did however book less than two weeks before arriving, so I imagine that booking earlier will get you a better price.

The man that checked me in was easily the most helpful hostel staff I dealt with while in Europe. He gave me great information on how to get to all of the locations I wanted to get to in the city as well as great tips for seeing certain tourist attractions. Free bottle of wine at check in and coupons for free breakfasts each morning at a cafe around the corner! Hostel was very clean and comfortable in a safe location.

Staff isn't there at the hours they claim they are. The place can be cold, dead and lifeless at times. The location is fantastic for hopping on a train or bus. Very safe, clean, and spacious.

Great people, really friendly and helpful.

• 27th May 2014

Mabri, the manager was extremely helpful!