Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

The breakfast is pretty nice (coffee was very good!), the rooms are ok, wifi is fast. Nothing special to write home about, but very value for money if you don't mind sharing your room with 5 others :-)

Absolutely wonderful hostel. The perfect mix of hotel and hoste.. Right next to the train station, so it was easy to get around, and the man in charge was very friendly and offered every person a map and gave directions on how to best spend what time they had in Rome. He was also genuinely interested in ensuring that we knew where to go and enjoyed the city. The rooms were cleaned and the beds were made up daily. Only 4 people in my room (though I was the only girl) and good WIFI connection.

The owner of the Hostel was really nice and helpful. He knows a lot of good insiders tips, which are really helpful. The location is great only 5 minutes away from the Termini, thanks to that you can easly take the metro or the busses. We had a private room, which was really nice, clean and roomy. The breakfast the Hostel offers is in a small caffee around the corner. The croissants are the best I have ever had. I would go back there anytime!

We loved Funny Palace. Mabri, the owner is so nice and helpful. We had the cutest room with a nice view of balconies. It is very close to the bus and train station that will take you anywhere and you can walk most places. There is a place to do laundry right down stairs.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Mabri made this hostel a great choice! He moved us into the same room, though our bookings were in different rooms and was friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned daily and the facilities all worked well, though the wifi was spotty. Marbi was an excellent guide and recommended a plan for each day of our trip to see the best of Rome and gave us fantastic food/gelato idea (all of which quickly became our favorite spots). Planning our few days in Rome was much less overwhelming with his help!

Conveniently located near the station. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful. You could not have asked for a better staff! The place was very clean and the wifi was good. Lockers would have been a nice addition but the rooms did all have personal safes so I wasn't worried at all. It was a great hostel! I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Rome!

Although we only stayed for one night, our stay was remarkable. The guy who runs the place (Mabri) was amazing and very helpful in providing much needed tips on getting around in Rome. We got upgraded for free and the room was very clean and comfortable. Also very secure (multiple security locks before entering room). Funny Palace also has the added bonus of having printing and laundry facilities at very cheap rates. Would definitely come back when I return to Rome. Highly recommended. Dinesh

Great stay in Rome! Weird place and you wouldn't believe it's a hostel from outside (yep! It's a laundromat!). Super cool host, Mabri, that draw and guide you on what you should do in Rome and how to get there. He will help you with almost anything (even help me with last min vatican ticket to cut the queue). Just follow his tips and tricks! Clean place, safe, and good bed. The wifi is slow thou & the drainage at the shower was not flowing properly. Overall, I had an amazing stay! Recommended!

Amount of "tourist tax" would have been nice to know before hand. No air conditioning made sleeping impossible. Staff and breakfast were great.

The owner and staff of this facility were very Helpful, upgraded our rooms and gave us all thr information that we require to know about Rome . Would come back and recommend this facility to others as well. Nice olace overall!

• 28th May 2015
  • India

This hostel is very conveniently located 5 minutes walk from the train station. The staff was amazingly helpful, especially when they came to my aid when I completely messed up my ride to the airport. They showed me the best ways to get to all the sites, recommended good restaurants, and were very helpful and friendly. There was no wifi in the room,but it was available downstairs. The name made me hesitant, but the facilities were good, and quiet.

Really close to termini which is both a blessing and a curse

The tips and trip planning from the hostel staff were great.

Overall would go back super clean & well maintained, Wi-Fi was not usable even though the router was right outside door, Advertised AC but no remote/ power to the AC unit, caused for a warm night, though cool outside there was no circulation. There was an air vent in our room which would have been great if we could figure out which bathroom it was connected to and just leave the fan on, the on/off was a bit disturbing in early morning hours. Could not report wifi/ac issue since we found out late

• 20th May 2015
  • badgingguy

I stayed in this hostel por two nights, and tried to extend it for two night more because I really enjoyed it. People in the hostel was amazing. They helped me out when I was in trouble, finding another hostel because theirs was totally booked. The hostel offers a lot of services, including laundry and free breakfast, and the people in reception can give you advice for whatever you need. By far is the best hostel and people I found in Rome.

• 13th May 2015
  • Spain

Mabri was really nice and sweet with me. He showed me places i should visited, things i should take care about... The room was nice and clean, the bed was confortable and the location is also good. The only thing i didn't like most is that they don't have a common area. But everything else was perfect.

Overall a very good hostel, only lacking for a common area of some kind. However, the highlight was certainly the owner Mabri who not only gave us a very thorough plan for each of the four days we spent in Rome, but also helped to arrange a house call from an English speaking doctor for my friend (who was quite sick) and assisted me in recovering my passport which I had lost while in France. The excellent and always friendly service was reason enough to recommend this hostel.

It was a bed, little more. There isn't a common room, and one bathroom for a lot of people. Location is close to Termini (central bus and train station) which was nice.

• 11th May 2015

Seemingly sketchy since you check-in at the laundromat downstairs in not the nicest area but we had an incredible accommodation, were upgraded to a room with an ensuite bathroom for no extra charge. Very thorough instructions on how to navigate the city and 10% off deal for great Italian meal around the corner the night we checked in. Very nice staff, really helpful, accessible location for not that much money.

The hostel was okay but there is no front desk or any signs of where it is. We were able to find it but it was because the owner was standing outside of the laundry mat and saw us.