Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

The staff at Funny Palace were so nice and gave us 3 days worth of routes on where to walk in the city! The rooms were great and the bathroom was very nice! My favorite hostel so far!

• 29th Mar 2015

Malbri was beyond helpful in giving directions and hints to get in and around the city and avoiding lineups!

• 28th Mar 2015

Neighborhood itself isn't particularly interesting, but is a great access point to any of the central sights - most can be gotten to walking or through public transport, depending on your preference. No common rooms, breakfast is a coupon to a nearby cafe. Dorms resemble hotel rooms more than a typical hostel.

This was a real good hostel I would stay at again. Really enjoyed. Easy 10 minute walk from train station Roma termini and good place to leap to roman sites. The owner sat down with me the moment I got there and outlined a route to see everything I needed to see, with tips that honestly saved me hours (skipping lines, etc-totally worked). Only prob was wifi had trouble working in my room but that may have been my phone bc roommates seemed 2 work fine. Also no wifi on 5th floor? Great hostel tho

Great deal and Mabri was an amazing host!

• 25th Mar 2015

Just a massive thanks to Lily, Eric and the rest of the Funny Palace team for my stay! Rooms were cleaned meticulously each day and the cleaners left my things tidily on the bed. The safe was very useful, as were the bathroom facilities (incl a free towel). The nightly rate for the hostel was very good. As were the restaurants, both morning and evening, to which the hostel was connected. Only one real down-side: it was a pity the hostel doesn't have an on-site space for socializing.

A very good choice for a long weeken. Italy is not cheap, Rome is very expensive...... The only issue was when 2 fully booked rooms were to use a single bathroom - 2 hours of waiting.

hello sandor, thanks for your coment and sorry if you had to wait 2 hour's but the bathroom was using for only 5 person and if some one had use for long time, unfoturnatelly it's not up to us. i think one bathroom for 5 person was fair enough. staff funn palace rome

We stayed at the Funny Palace Hostel for 4 nights. It was not a Hostel it was more like a hotel, since we had one out of three rooms which more looked like a former apartment. There was no common room to meet other travelers. Some of the staff was very friendly other not really. One day the cleaning person touched and moved all our stuff and had even thrown things away which where not supposed to be thrown away. I reported this to the reception, but they did not care about it.

A very nice hostel, close to the city center and only 2 or 3 minutes away from the main train staion. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I think we make the best choice.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Very very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent value for the money.

Looks sketchy when you go in but it's actually amazing wish I stayed longer

I've been traveling in Italy for 3 months and have not found any hostel with the quality, friendliness, and convenience of Funny Palace. Rooms and bathroom are clean and well-decorated (more at the hotel than hostel level). The lobby has computers, printers, and laundry machines ready for use. Mauro, the owner, will take good care of you and give you any tips you need on where to go, how to navigate Rome, how to find good deals, and where to eat well.

Our stay at Funny Palace was great. The owner have us an entire itenerary for our weekend which we followed and it was wonderful! We also had two different groups with different bookings, and he managed to put us all in a private upgrade, free of charge. Very accommodating, great place to stay! Also right next to the station so it was easy to get around.

• 12th Mar 2015

We had an absolutely excellent stay at Funny Palace. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! Our room was safe and very comfortable. The staff, Mabri, even gave us a fantastic itinerary that we should follow during our stay, making sure we saw everything we wanted in the best, most efficient way possible. All in all it was a fantastic hostel and made for a fantastic stay in Rome

• 11th Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay. And I am going to recommend for Rome visitors!

For it's pricing, location, and overall quality of the rooms, Funny Palace is a great place to stay. I was impressed. I made a few new friends there as well. The rooms are great, with safes and a bathroom. I had a bit of an issue with the idea that the reception of the Hostel is a laundromat, so it made it a bit difficult to find. Other than that, it was an excellent place.

• 9th Mar 2015

The beds were a little hard but overall it was a great choice. Very clean and safe. Had an itinerary all ready for us when we got there. Planned out two days for us which hit all of the sites we wanted to see and even gave us the best bars to go to.

• 6th Mar 2015

The location was amazing - a 5 minute walk from Termini, and it felt kind of like a hotel than a hostel. It was pretty hard to find, the "lobby" is an Internet cafe and the room itself is a block away. Towels are included which was nice. Shower/bathroom both were clean! The staff that helped us were relatively friendly, I would definitely recommend this for people who want a nice place to stay. It's not a place to make friends, for it lacks a common area but overall a clean, pleasant experience.

• 6th Mar 2015

I have stayed here twice now! Enjoyed it both times. The hostel is so clean and your bed is made for you each day! The staff, especially Mabri, is so friendly and helpful. I have already recommended this place to several people.

Wasn't a place to lock up bags but other than that everything was great!