Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Nice hostel, but a bit weird. There's no commom areas, just the rooms and a bathroom. Check in is made in an internet cafée nearby, and then the staff will lead you to your room across the street. The staff is very helpful, though. There's no lockers in the rooms, just a few small safety vaults. It would be a problem for someone who's traveling with lots of valuable stuff, but for me it was ok. The location is great: you can walk to the colosseum, or easily take the subway at a nearby station.

it was a good stay in Funny Palace, but there was no locker to put our backpacks. There was a safe-deposit box which I could let just our value itens.. They charged us €3,50 as a city tax por person per day.. It was very expansive in comparasion to other Hotel I stood.. I paid just 1€ as city tax for another italian hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014

It was the perfect place to come back to after a long day of hiking through the city. The staff was pleasant and offered great advice on how to best navigate the sites. They were also very helpful in securing transportation to the airport for a very early departure. I had a wonderful time! Thank you!

• 26th Dec 2014

Great and helpful staff, close to Roma Termini, delicious breakfast in cafe and clean. Worth spending money there. Don't worry about laundry :D

This hostel was very friendly and very helpful. They gave us a great map and wonderful directions for how to get around the city. There were nice restaurants near the hostel and the free breakfast (croissant and cappuccino) at the local restaurant was delicious. Everyone we encountered was very friendly, I would highly recommend Funny Palace Hostel. We stayed in a double bed room and the bed was extremely comfortable. They also provided extra blankets. NOTE* free towels if requested.

The hostel is very well located, close to Termini train station and is only 10-15 minutes away downtown walking. The staff is very kind and helpful, they offered some advice about the public transport and must see places, where to go to eat and how to reach the airport, besides they gave us a free map of the city (they charge for them in any other city in Italy). The room and the bathroom were very clean, we got free towels and since we were traveling in group a key for each one of us.

Staff are super friendly. Good location. Free simple breakfast and discounts to a restaurant. Definitely go again when in Rome.

The best hostel in Rome! Eric is a very nice guy and help us in all that we need. The hostel is near termini station, exelent room, and very clean. I really recommend!

Fantastic location, great service from Eric particularly would recommend highly for a stay in Rome.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Funny Palace has a great location in central Rome only a few blocks from Termini station. Mabri gave me plenty of advice about where to visit in Rome such as the Colluseum, Il Vittoriano and the Vatican. I liked having breakfast at the cafe around the corner and to eat at Andrea's Pizzeria. I wish there were more bathrooms. It was a little bit like a motel with a shared room rather than a typical hostel. Quiet, warm and has a safe/locker. I walked to the tourist attractions from the hostel.

Staff were extremely helpful planning our visit, would have been lost without them. Great little place, highly recommended.

This is a great Hostel, you save money a lot due to the extraordinary location, nearby to Termini that connect you with the airport or connect you with the whole city and citites close to Rome. You don't need to buy metro ticket for Rome because you have access to the main spots just walking, and please if you arrive late and want to grab a beer in a local venue, keep away to the tourist zone just walk to San Lorenzo just 15 minutes to the Hostel and you will be in contact with locals,

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Favorite hostel I have stayed in so far. Upon arriving, Johnny not only welcomed me and other travelers at check in but he also gave us a map and drew up directions and suggestions to everywhere in Roma. Room was spacious and clean, nicest bathroom in suite I've seen so far in European hostels. Everyone was super friendly and the location is SOOOO perfect. Right by the train station and there's a cheap bus from there that will take you to allll the sights. Also each bed had a plug and free wifi.

good location. helpful staff.

The hostel was in a great location - it was very easy to get to termini station where transport to and from the airport was located. It was also within walking distance to most of the city. I didn't need to get any public transportation the entire time. The rooms were great and the bathrooms were very clean. Wifi was inconsistent but sufficient for basic needs.

This hostel is great. One thing to mention that the owner is super helpful. Location is ok which is close to the train station and bar and restaurants nearby. The main sighs is easy to reach at about 20 min by walk or you can take metro. Room is clean and they have housekeeper everday. Free breakfast provided in the nearby restaurant is the plus.

Best ever!!!! Very clean. Staffs are extremely helpful. One of the staff was planning/scheduling all trip around Rome with very good advises. Rooms are very comfortable and equipped. Breakfast is Italian style (coffee + croissant). So, don't scare because this is the common breakfast in Italy. But it was the best croissant and cappuccino I ever had.

Patient host, give their advice to travel very patient, nice trip

Enjoyed staying at this hostel, staff were extremely friendly, helpful and polite

• 4th Dec 2014

If you are going to Rome you HAVE to stay here!!! You won't find anything better and for a great price!