Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

A very nice hostel, close to the city center and only 2 or 3 minutes away from the main train staion. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I think we make the best choice.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Very very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent value for the money.

Looks sketchy when you go in but it's actually amazing wish I stayed longer

Our stay at Funny Palace was great. The owner have us an entire itenerary for our weekend which we followed and it was wonderful! We also had two different groups with different bookings, and he managed to put us all in a private upgrade, free of charge. Very accommodating, great place to stay! Also right next to the station so it was easy to get around.

• 12th Mar 2015

We had an absolutely excellent stay at Funny Palace. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! Our room was safe and very comfortable. The staff, Mabri, even gave us a fantastic itinerary that we should follow during our stay, making sure we saw everything we wanted in the best, most efficient way possible. All in all it was a fantastic hostel and made for a fantastic stay in Rome

• 11th Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay. And I am going to recommend for Rome visitors!

For it's pricing, location, and overall quality of the rooms, Funny Palace is a great place to stay. I was impressed. I made a few new friends there as well. The rooms are great, with safes and a bathroom. I had a bit of an issue with the idea that the reception of the Hostel is a laundromat, so it made it a bit difficult to find. Other than that, it was an excellent place.

• 9th Mar 2015

The beds were a little hard but overall it was a great choice. Very clean and safe. Had an itinerary all ready for us when we got there. Planned out two days for us which hit all of the sites we wanted to see and even gave us the best bars to go to.

• 6th Mar 2015

The location was amazing - a 5 minute walk from Termini, and it felt kind of like a hotel than a hostel. It was pretty hard to find, the "lobby" is an Internet cafe and the room itself is a block away. Towels are included which was nice. Shower/bathroom both were clean! The staff that helped us were relatively friendly, I would definitely recommend this for people who want a nice place to stay. It's not a place to make friends, for it lacks a common area but overall a clean, pleasant experience.

• 6th Mar 2015

I have stayed here twice now! Enjoyed it both times. The hostel is so clean and your bed is made for you each day! The staff, especially Mabri, is so friendly and helpful. I have already recommended this place to several people.

Wasn't a place to lock up bags but other than that everything was great!

Not immediately obvious that its a laundromat that you check in to. Not a problem but just a word of advice for travellers. Really impressive hostel though. Nice guy gave us thorough advice about exploring Rome. Room and bathroom was clean. Wi Fi in room was reliable. Free breakfast nearby in a cafe is great. Gives you an Italian experience of a coffee bar if you haven't had it yet. Station is nearby too and the metro is really easy to use. Good place.

Difficult to find if you arrive after 11pm in the evening. Otherwise it is a perfect location for a short stay. Nice clean rooms and good mattresses.

It was perfect. Funny palace was great .The staff was very helpful with the map and helping us get to know Rome. We had a bathroom for us while we have paid for shared bathroom.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great Hostel! Lovely breakfast bar! Everything was perfect. Thanks for a great stay

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Thanks a lot for the great welcome and nice guidance. My parents had such a great time and thought the money was well spent. Saludos

Funny palace was great for what we needed. The staff was very helpful with the map and helping us get to know Rome. We had a delicious meal at his friend's restaurant and got coffee every morning at the cafe near by, free of charge, because we were from funny palace. Overall it was a good experience!

• 15th Feb 2015

I was very impressed with the staff at the funny palace hostel. As soon as we arrived, a staff member sat down with a map and not only circled the locations of every site we wanted to visit, but then highlighted walking, bus and metro directions on the map as well as giving us the prices for every monument and the insider tips on which lines were shortest, which tickets to buy in advance etc. He also circled the best areas for nightlife and restaurants. This made the trip incredibly easy!

Very friendly and clean hostel! We had a private room and were upgraded to a private bathroom for no extra charge. Made our trip in Rome great, grazie!

• 11th Feb 2015

The rating does not reflect the hostel. The location is great. It is okay value for money especially near Termini station. It was mainly convenient, because we took a train to rome and plane from Rome. No place for socializing. No lobby/reception. Very cheap motel like... I was very disappointed.