Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Lazio, Italy

Staff was very friendly and gave me a good plan for what to see and how to get there. He talks very fast, though, so listen closely! The room and bathroom were clean and well-kept. The bottle of wine was a nice gesture too :)

We had a great stay! We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and were upgraded from a double room with shared bathroom to one with a private bathroom. Also, we got a good map and travel advice. Very clean and it seemed more like a hotel room. Very convenient to be close to the train station. We walked to most sites around Rome, but it was also easy taking the bus to the Vatican.

The best hostel ever. really like a palace, quiet and cozy, extremely large space.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • China

Decent hostel, close to train station. Would stay again.

Awesome service! Basically a hotel that they turned into a hostel. Very clean and comforting.They will make you feel at home. And go to Andrea's, it was the best food I had in Italy by far and at a decent price. Thanks guys!

I had a wonderful stay, the place is located near the termini for those who would like to use the transportation system and also pretty central if you wish to walk through the city, the place is really clean and the staff incredibly helpful and ready to make the trip as amazing as possible!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Colombia

Would recommend 3 person dorms. Nice size, ensuite and no bunks! Location was great next to main bus terminal. But above all, staff were lovely - especially Lilly was amazingly helpful and went out of her way to make sure my short stay was a comfortable one!

The Funny Palace staff is exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. Upon arrival Lilly mapped out all 4 of my days, drawing on her previous experience in the tourism industry within Rome. Her recommendations were accompanied by reservations for transport and the Borghese museum. The hostel offers laundry, web &comfy beds. I *highly* recommend Funny Palace in anticipation of a vacation to Rome. The hospitality and warmth of the staff, Lilly in particular, makes for a memorable journey to Rome.

Maybe it was not the right period but there was no life at all, the common room was really small and empty.. I'm used to big and funny hostel, and this is not one of them..

Very nice hostel, nice staff, and a very clean place! I will recommand it to my friends visiting Rome.

• 20th Feb 2014

Was a great place to stay if you like a bit of privacy, it is much more like a hotel than a hostel.

It,s ok if you just want a bed for a cheap price. It,s not if you want to party and meet lots of people!

The host was VERY nice and helpful. We only had 2 days to explore Rome and he told us the best routes to take and how to get to and from the hostel. He told us where to go to avoid lines and/or buy tickets online. We arrived super late and yet they were still there for us! The only downside really was that the kitchen didn´t have much so we actually couldn´t cook food as there were no pots or pans to do so. Great place to stay and get help discovering the city!

Very nice staff and spacious rooms. The only negatives were the wait for the showers / bathroom and the door of the room to the hallway was not blocking much of the hallway sounds. Besides that, it was an excellent place!

Thank you very much. And i was good to see you.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Best hostel I've stayed in. I was in a four bed dorm which was very clean and all single beds no bunks which was nice! Nice en suite attached to the room and a safe for valuables. Staff were super helpful and gave me lots of sight-seeing options and clear directions. Also got a bottle of wine on arrival which was pretty awesome! Good location close to the train station.

It was the best hostel I have ever stayed, more like a hotel! Staff was really nice, room was very clean (they were cleaning our room every day!). We had booked a double room with shared bathroom, but when we arrived they gave us a room with a private bathroom for the same value and also a bottle of wine! :) We were also given cards for breakfast in the nearest coffee shop. Staff was really helpful! They gave us a map with directions for each day of our stay! I am impressed!!!

Near to the city center and easy access to the all highlights of Rome. The Roma Termini and the central bus station are only 3 minutes walking. The staff are friendly and helpfull. I recommend.

Good stay here. Nothing fancy. Though you do check in in the laundry mat, the hostel is actually beside it in a beautiful old building. We were on the top floor, everyone gets their own safe, it's pretty secure. Kind of far away from the major attractions, but nice and close to the train station and it is possible to walk everywhere in Rome.

I stayed here for one night to take the airport bus at the termini station. regardless of one night at the hostel, the staff treated me very kindly. even he gave me the welcome drink(wine:)). also he upgraded our room from shared bath room to ensuite! and he let me the way to go to sightseeing spot well. it helps a lot to go there.