Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Clean, tidy, handy to Termini train station, friendly and helpfull staff.

Great hostel. Our room was upgraded from a 4 bed mixed shared room, to a private twin en suit for no extra cost! We also received a free bottle of wine on arrival, and our rooms were cleaned everyday. Very friendly staff, who gave us a map and told us the best places to see as well as some good insider tips. Hostel was only 5 mins walk from the main train station, and close to Rome attractions. Walk to the Colosseum and Roman Forum was 15 mins. Free use of internet cafe from 8.30am-11pm.

Not really a hostel - just a converted hotel room with extra beds added. Zero communal space, so near impossible to meet other travellers unless they're in your room. Staff are useful for what to do in Rome, but don't expect any partying or hostel-organised events like pub crawls etc.

• 17th Jul 2014

I don't think we would have got nearly as much out of Rome if it wasn't for your help. Thank you so much!

very good

Very bizarre hostel. You have to check in around the corner at a laundrette and internet cafe. The staff were super friendly and sit you down and go over what there is to do in Rome. They also let you use the computers in the cafe for free and gave us a welcome bottle of wine. However I would say that if you are looking to meet fellow travellers it is probably not the best hostel. Its also located in very scary area if you are alone or female.

Such a nice place! excellent for everything!! First time you get in the reception, you can be amazed. It is a cleaning shop. But they are perfect for everything. Nice and clean room, nice location, specially the staffs are so nice. They told us how to tour Rome. i loved this place.

Don't be scared off by the super sketchy laundry shop/office. I got into Rome late at night and when I finally found the hostel the guys checking me in and the whole laundry mat atmosphere was weird. I was ready to find a hotel. I sucked it up and stayed there and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was more helpful then any hostel I've stayed at. The guy will help plan your Rome visit. Good place overall...

Really awesome! The staff were very accommodating and helpful, they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure I had a pleasant stay in Rome, and I hugely appreciate that! I wrote a very positive review for Funny Palace on TripAdvisor too :)

• 7th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

They upgraded us in a 3 beds private room for free. For sure not a party hostel.

Truly a very nice and clean hostel, in a convenient location to take public transport or even walk to the sites. (Walking can be a bit far). The staff and amenities are very nice, they even help draw and plan your route so u can see as many of the sites as efficiently as possible, hell they even make your bed for you each day. My only complaint and it is more specific to people traveling alone is there was no common area so it was difficult to meet other people staying in the hostel.

The location is very good and the Staff-Eric is pretty helpful, he also send us a bottle of wine as the welcome gift.

Excellent hostel. It was my firts time in a hostel and the expierence was very good!! The rooms were clean and also the bathroom. The check in is performed in a laundry that gives you a not good image, but the hostel is at the right of the laundry. Very near from a lot of turist places!! I will not doubt to recommend this hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Be careful with under 18s as despite putting the ages in at booking we were almost turned away despite the fact we would have no where to go but we needed to change to a private room which costs more so be careful otherwise was pretty basic but ok the atmosphere was non existent but location was ok.

Worst experience so far and I would never stay here again, even if it was free staff are very bad and the cleanliness is even worse. Worst hostel so far. Be ware

• 25th Jun 2014

The staff were very friendly. No common room and no air conditioning which was one of the stated facilities and it was just way too hot to sleep. Fans are not airconditioning. Wifi was super good. No kitchen or facilities to get water.

• 24th Jun 2014

very friendly and always willing to help personal. Good location and price ratio . I strongly recommend this hostal to those looking for spending a nice time in Rome with a low-medium budget. I stayed with my family in one of the private rooms with four beds.

Mabri was amazing! He did a great job of helping us plan our time in Rome

Super nice and helpful staff - they teach you the most efficient, cost effective ways to see Rome.

They should have breakfast.