Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Mabri was super helpful, I would definitely recommend taking the routes he draws out for you on the maps, we did and we had an amazing time! Would definitely return if we were in Rome.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Well worth staying here, Mabri and Jonny are very friendly and helpful, rooms were spotlessly clean and it was only a couple of minutes walk to Roma Termini. I was unlucky to stay with two snorers though!

• 24th Jun 2015

Perfectly find place to sleep. Its above a laundromat and the 2 that run the place are very nice. Its a bit too expensive for literally just a place to sleep. Zero atmosphere

• 22nd Jun 2015

So your check-in is at the laundry place next door which needs a little tlc just because you could think your hostel is up the stairs which it might scare you away...... But the rooms are actually next door in a very secure place you have to go through 3 doors different keys each door which is a plus and a minus but the rooms are very nice super clean very cool like ac works like a dream and very nice bathrooms Thanks marbi

The staff there are pretty friendly and helpful. Though sometime the wifi is not stable in the room, other things I would say only one word: nice!!! :)

This was an OK hostel, the guy working there was helpful on the sight and tips of the city, which is useful when your in Rome. There was not a common area where you could meet many fellow travellers at the same time, just the ones in your room. beside from that the rooms were safe and clean.

Everything was perfect. People There help me with the tips foreing persons need

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Clean hostel. Good location - very close to Roma Termini. Very helpful staff - thank you for providing very useful tips on the various sights in Rome.

I really liked the hostel and it is worth every penny! The staff were really nice and helped a lot with their suggestions on practical things to look around Rome. If I have to give a feedback, I would suggest that the ventilation system can be a bit better and the toilet be more cleaner. But again these are small problems and one can easily stay in this place! My rating is 4/5 -Ashik

• 11th Jun 2015
  • India

This place was awesome. Mabri was the most helpful. We showed up and he gave us a great plan on how to hit all of the awesome sights and tips on how best to get into the Vatican and Colosseum. We ended up hitting all the stops he directed us too and it was super easy and totally worth it. The room was comfortable and had a small safe that you put your own code in. There is also laundry service that you can pay for which was super helpful. He also directed us to an awesome restaurant.

For a hostel this place is a gem! Mabri is extremely nice and well organized. Our room was very clean and the bathrooms were nice. This place made Rome for us. Security is good as well. You have to go through 3 doors to get to your room and there is a safety deposit box. The hostel also has laundry services. They did our laundry for 12 euros, 2 loads while we were out sight seeing. I would definitely recommend this place to someone going to Rome!!

This was a wonderful place to stay!!!! The staff was amazing, right when we walked in he gave us a great plan to see Rome, and we followed it exactly. I was so surprised by how clean and nice the room was, it was beautiful. When I go back to Rome I will without a doubt stay here again!

Mabri was incredibly helpful in planning our group's itinerary while in Rome. He and the other staff members were flexible with our arrival and departure times and other requests.

Great place! Close to train station, market and places to eat. Mabri and Lilly were so lovely and helpful! Rooms were good, bathrooms recently updated. Pizza place across the street is great. Really enjoyed my time here and would come back for sure!

Excellent place to stay, perfect location. Would definitely stay there again. Mabri was very friendly, and the routes and tips he gave proved incredibly useful, as did his maps. Security-wise, electronic safes are provided. Make sure to read the directions, look at google streetview and print the map before you go - I ended up relying on a compass and a bad sense of direction. Note that keys are collected from a launderette, but you'll actually be staying next door.

• 4th Jun 2015

It's a decent place to stay. Nothing out of the ordinary. One down side was that we were placed on the top floor of the building, which was at lease five stories high and the elevator was broken the whole time we were there.

The hostel is in a brilliant spot close to the termini station. Just need a big sign maybe because it can be hard to find. The room was great, first towel free, loved the free breakfast every morning. And Mabri, the owner and his sister are so friendly. Id stay again!

The breakfast is pretty nice (coffee was very good!), the rooms are ok, wifi is fast. Nothing special to write home about, but very value for money if you don't mind sharing your room with 5 others :-)

Absolutely wonderful hostel. The perfect mix of hotel and hoste.. Right next to the train station, so it was easy to get around, and the man in charge was very friendly and offered every person a map and gave directions on how to best spend what time they had in Rome. He was also genuinely interested in ensuring that we knew where to go and enjoyed the city. The rooms were cleaned and the beds were made up daily. Only 4 people in my room (though I was the only girl) and good WIFI connection.

The owner of the Hostel was really nice and helpful. He knows a lot of good insiders tips, which are really helpful. The location is great only 5 minutes away from the Termini, thanks to that you can easly take the metro or the busses. We had a private room, which was really nice, clean and roomy. The breakfast the Hostel offers is in a small caffee around the corner. The croissants are the best I have ever had. I would go back there anytime!