Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Lazio, Italy

I stayed here for one night to take the airport bus at the termini station. regardless of one night at the hostel, the staff treated me very kindly. even he gave me the welcome drink(wine:)). also he upgraded our room from shared bath room to ensuite! and he let me the way to go to sightseeing spot well. it helps a lot to go there.

An odd set-up upon arrival, check-in happens in a laundromat/internet cafe with the actual hostel located in an adjacent building. Located 5 minutes from Termini and bus/metro connections. 15-30 walk to most major attractions. In-room safes provided. Atmosphere depends on the guests in your room as there is no major common area. The bathroom and beds were kept clean everyday. Staff were friendly and explained and mapped out my two-day itinerary upon arrival.

We have absolutely every reason to give nothing but a 100 %. We were greeted with a bottle of wine and the staff are rather open minded. Not to mention the fact that they upgraded our room for free seeing that the room was unused anyway. I'm not sure if we were lucky or not, but still we have no reasons not to give 100%. Location is 5 min away from Termini on foot - Definitely recommendable!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Denmark

If you are in Rome, this is the place you should be staying in. The staff is just great, ready to help you, recommend you places to go, directions to go everywhere, prices, anything. They even gave me a bottle of wine as a gift. The location is pretty good, it's 3 minutes from the main train station in Rome (Termini), but at night the area is a bit sketchy, so be careful. I don't know how good this place if you want to party, but if you want to rest before a long day this place is perfect.

Wow! Just Wow! My buddy and I came over from the States to do a tour of Europe. We stayed in London, Paris, Rome, and Amsterdam, this hostel was by far the best! We only had it reserved for two nights, but decided to stay another and made an additional reservation. Instead of making us move rooms, Eric, a staff member, upgraded us to the room we would be staying in the last night so we did not have to switch. Everyone was EXTREMELY friendly and the place felt like home! WILL BE BACK!

• 15th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

the staff is so kind. I really arrived this hostel so late, but the staff waiting for me. I was really impressive with him. thank you, mabri and lily~! I hope this hostel will be more popular.

Great location! The room & bathroom were clean! It was shared with others but we didn't have a problem with that. When we booked it would only allow us to put 3 people in a 4 person dorm so one person was supposed to be in a separate room. They allowed our friend into the room with us so that was nice. The guy who greeted us was very friendly and helped us with information about how to get around and what to see. It's more of an apartment than a hostel. I would recommend to young travelers!

The service was amazing. We arrived very late at night and were welcomed by the very friendly owner who gave us a free minor upgrade, advice about our plan for sightseeing and a bottle of wine. The price for a private room for us was ludicrously low, and--though this may be different during high tourist season--it was a very quiet, clean hostel. Would definitely recommend.

• 6th Jan 2014

The owners are very friendly and the hostel is very quiet. the location is safe because is near termini station.

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostel, just a little bit difficult to find,

Loved our stay for several days at this hostel. I found the management very helpful and always available to provide good advice and directions to all of the sites. Thank you for the upgrade provided to us after a long trip + the bottle of wine. Excellent all round.

When the people is nice, everything is great, if is not it is not important.

It was a real good location, close to the centralstation and to all the the turistbuses and resturants. And that you also got a bottle of wine when you arrive is just a big plus!

Its worth to stay here for the accessibility of train station.

We were upgraded from a 3-private twin bed with shared bathroom to private ensuite room. It was a big surprise to us.The bed was clean and comfortable.The boss and the staff were very kind and nice . When we arrived , the staff helped us to plan our journey, recommending the attractions. The hostel was very close to the termini. It was just a few steps. You could travel to main attractions in Rome easily. The signal of wife was well connected. Breakfast was fine. I highly recommended to you. I

Loved the hostel! The staff was very friendly and helped me to plan out my entire day and a half, moved my luggages when I had to change rooms, and even gave me a free bottle of wine! Thank you!

The staff were very helpful and informative when we first checked in. I really appreciated the map that you gave us and all of the information you recommended about getting around town. But after that, there was one certain emplyee that was not very friendly or courteous. He told me to carry my own bags upstairs and never offered to help carry any of my luggage, even though I obviously had my hands full.

• 16th Dec 2013

Not really a hostel. They just have some rooms in a common building. However, me and my girlfriend spent 3 nights there and the bedroom was fine. But if you are traveling with friends and want to meet people that is NOT THE PLACE.

we are not a party hostel, our main aim is, we would like to garanty to have amazing, relaxed, clean and secure stay for every one, so if you were looking a party place, sorry we are not. but you should be honest on rating, we even offered you, the room with private bathroom with no extra charge, but it's ok.......

This experience was great! The hostel staff provides guests with a detailed and customized map to help guests make the best of their time in Rome and visit as many sights as possible. They also have security boxes in each room to safeguard your valuables.

Great to get a free room upgrade, good location