Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

That guy should definetly learn how to send group emails not showing everybodys email addresses!!! Otherwise we would have given him an "excellent" for staff.

Excellent stay here! I had an amazing private room, and the owner helped provided me with directions to all the major spots and was extremely welcoming and hospitable. I highly recommend funny Palace Hostel

• 30th Apr 2015

the staff was really friendly and help me map out my stay, good bed linen and everything was clean, but the rooms were small and there was no common room, so it wasn't a great place to meet people. they also charged me too much when I got there, but I didn't question it.

Funny Palace made My and My fiancess's stay in Rome very memorable. Mabri, the host was very helpful. Not only was our stay comfortable but we also got some really good tips to travel around in Rome. The location is very good, very near the Termini train station! Thumbs up!!

The staff were very helpful in providing us with information about the city and tours.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Mabri is an extraordinary host, very helpful and friendly. He will do a lot to help you find the best deals around the city and make the most out of your stay. Feel free to ask him ANYTHING

• 23rd Apr 2015

This hostel was in a great location - close to transportation and within walking distance of many main attractions. Staff was very helpful & room was clean. Would definitely stay again!

• 22nd Apr 2015

I had a great here! My group and I were all very impressed with the kindness and advice of the staff! Amazing! They gave us great plces to eat and some tips of how to get around Rome to optimize our time there. Overall an amazing stay!

No complain about the hostel or the room which was ok but about the staff who was really impolite. I asked for a receipt and suddenly the problems started...

Very clean room, we had en-suite and it was very clean and we had a tv. Was a little weird checking in down stairs at a laundromat :/ If they had normal receptionist area place might feel more secure... just a suggestion :/ Place is very close to train station and subway station so another plus. Staff was friendly and everything worked out with charges.

• 14th Apr 2015

I was worried when I first arrived to the hostel because it just seemed to be a laundromat. However, this is just the office/where you meet the host. He then took us to our room which was on the same block, around the corner. He was incredibly friendly and gave us about a 20 minute information session on tourism in Rome, plus an excellent dinner recommendation. He also upgraded me and my friends for free to a room with our own private bathroom. Over all, incredibly friendly staff.

Owner gave us comprehensive travel tips which help us a lot during our stay in Rome. Travelled without panic, usually be able to avoid long queuing line.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Close to Termini station. Staff really helpful especially helpful on where to go around rome. Stayed in a 3 bedroom ensuite.

Eric and Mabri were both very helpful to us during our stay. They mapped out exactly where we should go and on which days to ensure we got to see everything we wanted to see. Eric even upgraded us to a private room so that all of our friends could be together. Overall, a great experience!

• 6th Apr 2015

This was my second time staying- I returned and brought friends whom I recommended as well. The staff are so helpful and help you to plan your trip in Rome. They actually sit down with you and highlight different places in different colors for each day that you can see. I would return for a third time of coming back to Rome.

Only stayed one night, but great staff, gave me a map, told me how to get around and was extremely nice! Room was clean, and bathroom was nice. No social area, but enjoyed my stay!

I have to say that for me the funny palace was a good experience specially because of the Staff. Nice, sweet, helpful people. They did everything they could to help me and to give me recommendations. The room was nice, clean and had good facilities however about the "atmosphere" was lack of it cause is like a hotel, you just go to your room and that's it. No place to mingle. I think it's a bit pricey compare to other hostal but the place is comfortable and the location is good. Plus breakfast

I will divide my comment in to sections, good points and bad points Good Points: -There is a safe in every room for everyone -Is near the station near restaurants and supermarkets Bad Points -There is no common room, I just met people from my own room -The bathroom is poor, the shower douche was not fixed on the wall so you have to hold it the whole time, the bathroom smells even after the staff cleaned it - The "breakfast" is only a croissant and a coffe/juice, do not worth it Grade 5.5

• 4th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room had everything we needed. The breakfast was top notch (the guys at Spinelli were very polite). Thank you for the suggestions of where to eat and what to visit. It was very useful for us. Overall, everything was awesome. Thank you very much for everything.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Quite a nicely located hostel. Very close to the main train station and bus station and metro line so it was very easy to get everywhere from there and walking distance to some sights. The staff were very helpful and gave very good ideas where to go and how to get there. Has a few places to eat around hostel itself. Good security with small deposit boxes available in the room. It did lacked was a social area which made like a hotel. But you can meet nice people if you get lucky in your room.