Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Lazio, Italy

The best hostel I have ever been!!!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Poland

First of all, I should sincerely advise that whenever you visit Rome, you will not find such wonderful stay with warm hospitality like FUNNY PALACE Hostel. It is really value for money (just around 20 Euro a night). The owners Jolly and Mabri were really awesome. On reaching, I was upgraded to 3 room dorm from 4 room. I was also offered a wine and personal advice to spend my time in Rome. So, Go for it!

Its basically a converted apartment and not really a hostel. The free breakfast was a crossaunt and a coffee (You could buy it for 1.5E). There is no atmosphere just a comfortable bed to sleep in. The staff are pretty quick and dismissive but they still showed me where the main sites are and helped me plan my days apon arrival so I guess I cant ask for more, the owners were pretty rude also. All in all its just a place close to everything with a free breakfast.

• 2nd Dec 2013

The hostel was more than okey if i consider the value for money.For that cheap prices,i would not expect that much.The lobby of the apartment,lofty rooms,elegant elevator were the things that i didn't expect for the money that i gave,the environment was a bit dull though,as the neighbourhood mobbed with hotels but nothing more.You have at least take a subway to Spagna or Barberini to have some fun which does not take quite a lot of time.It is only 10 minutes if you use metro.

The cleaning staff is a bit harsh. The guys in the "reception" are friendly though

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Upon arrival, I was greeted into Rome with a complimentary bottle of wine by the friendly staff members at Funny Palace Hostel. The location is excellent, whether you chose to walk everywhere or take the public transportation. My bed was made every day, and the facilities were always spotlessly clean. The building is very safe and the rooms are cozy. I can't believe it was only 20 euro a night. I have no complaints.

Good stuffs and good roommates. Rome is amazing place.

A very comfortable hostel with no bunk beds! Located close to the train station, and lots of delicious Italian restaurants. Walking distance to everything if you like walking, otherwise close to PT. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and will help you map out a plan for your stay. Rooms are clean and spacious, and almost more like a hotel than a hostel. There is no common area, so meeting people here only really happens in the rooms. Wifi works well.

Very friendly

When we arrived we were greeted by Mabo, who gave us a free upgrade and a ffree bottle of wine! Brilliant! Funny Palace was conveniently located and Mabo provided us with paths/things we could do/take to see the city. Wifi was good, powerpoint and lamp at each bedside, showers were hot, although there were no lockers in the three bed dorm we stayed in. Had a great stay in Funny Palace, I would definitelt recommend.

Probably the best hostel I stayed at, very quiet and cozy, and the beds were comfortable. The fact that we didn't have bunk beds added to the overall comfort factor. Plus, Eric was very informative and helped me plan out my itenerary for my few days in the city, and also gave me lots of tips in saving money and avoiding long tourist lines. Great location as well right next to the Termini station. Would definitely come here again!

It was great! Right next to Termini! Got upgraded to a private room! wifi in room! The staff are extremely welcoming and helpful! I highly recommend this hostel!

• 9th Nov 2013

This hostel is great. The location is very close to train station and safe. The room is nice and cozy. The staffs are very helpful and gave out some great traveling tips. Highly recommend this place for everyone.

The hostel was in a decent location-- right next to the Termini. Pretty easy to get to. The only problem I have is the lobby is an Internet cafe/laundry room not connected to the room building. They aren't open 24/7, in case of an emergency, late check-in, or something. The staff is helpful with getting around Rome. The rooms are nice and clean. The only locker/safe they have is a small one. A little pricey, but I would stay again.

• 4th Nov 2013

The staff were very helpful in suggesting restaurants and how to get to some of the more popular tourist sites while we were in Rome. Would definitely stay with them again!

The place is nice, Though I spent just a night there I noticed that it is clean and the bathroom comfortable. I felt like at home thank to the atmosphere and interior. Thank you!

I liked my room because i had a big bed and it was very clean. The bathroom was also big and clean. But i missed a room where i can meet the other people, like a bar.

• 1st Nov 2013

Best Hostel that I stayed at in Europe. Staff so helpful with things to see and so and maps of Rome. Definitely recommend it to others.

• 29th Oct 2013

We loved Rome and were thankful for Funny Palace having such lovely accommodations for us. They upgraded us into a better room, and we got a bottle of wine. It was thoughtful. Ours was a private, and it was cute, comfortable, clean, and just perfect for us. It was easy to come and go, and we were happy to have the breakfast cards for a coffee and croissant each morning. The staff also gave us a map and helped us to plan our 3 1/2 days in Rome. We were incredibly grateful for this! Thanks!

At first I was not happy after traveling all day and having a difficult time not getting lost. Once we got to the hostel it was a completely different feeling. Mabri was the most helpful person we have ever encountered. Him and his staff set us up with a plan and tours to see Rome in a way we would enjoy. He truly felt like a friend and was a blessing to us to stay with him. We would definitly stay there again.