Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Pretty nice place. No AC, but it's close to the Termini. During check-in, was also given a map with full details about where to go, what to see, what buses to take, places to eat with discounts, sight seeing options to trade for time, etc, and also got a free upgrade to a better room. Might be tricky in the summer if you're not used to heat, but overall I had a pretty nice stay.

I really like funny palace :) it is super close to termini! Which is great because from there you can get transportation to everywhere. The room was nice, it had a/c that worked, i felt secure in the room. Wifi was really good :) places to charge your phone / electronics next to every bed :)

Best hostel I've been to, hands down. Really nice staff, helped with trip planning. Great AC and also had reasonably priced laundry that they do for you!

This was one of the best hostels that we stayed in on our trip around Europe. You check in at the laundry/internet cafe where you are greeted with lovely and friendly staff, once you have checked in they will then take you up to your room and also give you a map with an itinerary on it for each day you are in the city. Breakfast is at a local pastry shop, you are given a voucher to purchase 1 pastry and a drink.

The staff was really nice, the facility itself is sooo old. It's relatively clean but I had to rig my power outlet to be able to charge my phone since it was hanging out of the wall. There is no A/C either, so if you're looking to lose that extra holiday weight the night time full sweat is sure to do the trick

Absolutely loved it here. The staff were so helpful and friendly and gave fantastic advice on things to do and getting around the city.

Kitchen in room, but not equipped with any pans/kettles. Misleading, but not really a problem. A great place to stay, with happy friendly staff.

just needs a common room for people travelling to meet others

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Definitely good place to stay. Room was hot..but they did have fans. They had lock boxes to use free of charge and you can leave your luggage there after checkout for the day. The staff were very nice and so helpful. Rooms and facilities were average but clean. Short 20 min walk to coliseum and other touristy things. 5 mins from termini bus/train station which is really handy. Would recommend.

• 17th Jul 2015

The highlights of this hostel are definitely the staff and location. The staff if very friendly and accommodating and the location is a 10 minute walk from the train station.

The reception doubles as an internet cafe and a laundromat, in case you have trouble finding it.

The different thing in here is stuff. We been many place but no one same as Mabri and Lily. They are very good staff. They take care us like a family. Nice place and nice people. Good memory.

Great location makes it easy to get to most of the places in the city. We actually walked a lot and only had to take the metro one day, when we went to the Vatican. Breakfast is at an adorable little cafe around the corner. Needed three keys to get into (building, floor, and room) so felt safe and felt like our stuff was safe. Employees at reception were great- answered all our questions, had maps for us upon arrival, & even offered a suggested itinerary of what to do each day based on location.

Amazing, patient, excellent staff. Good beds, good ac, and very safe. I kinda wish the free breakfast was better but whatever, can't win them all. I would recommend

Mabri the owner makes this place great! As soon as your there he makes sure you know all the ins and outs of the city! Very close to the train and busses aswell

I will definitely stay at Funny Palace next time I'm in Rome. When my sister and I showed up, Jonny immediately sat down with us and after we told him that we would be there for three days he took out a map and drew us up a three day itinerary to see all the major sights and attractions. Including the most convenient ways to get there. The room was good, roomy, and clean. The two nearby restaurants that Funny Palace is partnered with, one for breakfast and one for dinner, are both fantastic.

This is more of a hotel-hostel, so there's no common area, and you're unlikely to meet people outside of your room. That said, the rooms are quite nice, free of bunk beds and they even clean up your room each day and make your bed for you. The staff are also very eager to recommend attractions, although don't expect them to recommend any local, non-touristy restaurants

Mabri was a great host! Upon check-in he gave us a great map of the city and helped us plan our weekend. Gave some time saving tips on visiting key sites like the Vatican and the Colosseum . The room was clean and the bathroom was nice. There was air conditioning, which was critical during the hot summer night. We felt secure staying there and the location was good because it was so close to the train station.

Best staff. It's close to termini, but not much else. But that's ok. Liked it better than hostel Alessandro Palace

I had an excellent stay at this hostel. Madri (who owns the place) is very friendly and takes the time to tell you what's to do in the city. The location is superb and in relation to the price all with all excellent. Clean, secure... what more can you wish for. Enjoy your stay at this hostel.