Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Although it would have been nice for hostel to have been closer to Trastevere and further away from the Termini area, it was extremely easy to get around. The hostel was incredibly clean and nice. Definitely one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. The man who worked at the hostel was great and gave us a map of what to do and planned our trip to Rome. All around great experience!

Room is clean and seems to be newly renovated. Johnny is really nice to help you plan your itinerary based on the number of days you have and the free wine bottle is a really great gesture. Could use a much bigger signboard though.

Staff was very helpful and welcoming. Great location. The bed is made everyday for you. There isn't a common area though but if you're looking for a nice comfortable place to stay this is a great place.

It was a nice and quiet hostel to stay at and the staff is helpful. It is not a party hostel, which I appreciated. It was quite cold in the rooms and the kitchen could be better, as it was now it was lacking basic equipment. I would recommend the hostel, for the traveler who seeks a nice place to rest at.

Everything was within walking distance and when you got there the owner gave you a map of where to go and what to see. Very good

• 30th Mar 2014

The staff was amazing. Location is a few block from Termini, which can be a little rough in the evening. Other than that, it was a fantastic place to stay. Would recommend.

• 30th Mar 2014

Great location, kindly staff and everything is wonderful.

Excellent location, friendly staff. VERY clean.

Mabri & Jonny and the rest of the staff made my experience in Rome amazing! As soon as I arrived they planned out an individual itinerary for my weekend and answered any questions I had! If you want to have a fun weekend in Rome, I would highly recommend staying here! A great location near the Roma Termini Train station. They even were gracious enough to pick-up my luggage from my room and put it in baggage storage my last day when I wanted to start sight-seeing early in the morning!

Hostel was great, the staff were some of the best I have ever encountered. My only issue with this hostel was the location. I don't generally like staying around termini (the main train station). I felt uncomfortable walking around there at night and it wasn't as easy a walking distance to all the main tourists sites. Despite this, it's a really nice little hostel!

The best hostel in Rome!!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

We stayed in a double bed room with bathroom and can highly recomend it. We felt like being in a hotel not in a hostel. Our room got cleaned every day, it was quiet and in a great area near the station. Therfore it was the ideal spot for tours round rome and to the nearby cities. The staff was also really friendly, helped us out and gave us information (and a bottle of red wine as a welcome present). The typical roman breakfast in a nearby cafe was also really great! Thanks!

• 24th Mar 2014

very good

Great place and was easy to find. The man that checked us in gave us a great map and highlighted all the places we should go and what bus lines to take as well as a coupon to a restaurant near by with good food and cheap wine. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Rome looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere at a good price.

The proximity to the train station was good. Bathroom and room were very clean, and our suite was pretty quiet. However, the bed and pillow were very uncomfortable. Old mattress sagged in the middle and was very hard on the back. There are other nearby hostels for the same price which provide slightly nicer accommodations.

Staff was very friendly and gave me a good plan for what to see and how to get there. He talks very fast, though, so listen closely! The room and bathroom were clean and well-kept. The bottle of wine was a nice gesture too :)

Location was good since I wanted somewhere near Termini. Location not so great in terms of most of the city's main attractions, but still walkable (if you've got time and like to walk). The staff was accommodating and friendly. I'd stay here again.

We had a great stay! We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and were upgraded from a double room with shared bathroom to one with a private bathroom. Also, we got a good map and travel advice. Very clean and it seemed more like a hotel room. Very convenient to be close to the train station. We walked to most sites around Rome, but it was also easy taking the bus to the Vatican.

The best hostel ever. really like a palace, quiet and cozy, extremely large space.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • China

Decent hostel, close to train station. Would stay again.