Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Great location, kindly staff and everything is wonderful.

Excellent location, friendly staff. VERY clean.

Mabri & Jonny and the rest of the staff made my experience in Rome amazing! As soon as I arrived they planned out an individual itinerary for my weekend and answered any questions I had! If you want to have a fun weekend in Rome, I would highly recommend staying here! A great location near the Roma Termini Train station. They even were gracious enough to pick-up my luggage from my room and put it in baggage storage my last day when I wanted to start sight-seeing early in the morning!

Hostel was great, the staff were some of the best I have ever encountered. My only issue with this hostel was the location. I don't generally like staying around termini (the main train station). I felt uncomfortable walking around there at night and it wasn't as easy a walking distance to all the main tourists sites. Despite this, it's a really nice little hostel!

The best hostel in Rome!!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

We stayed in a double bed room with bathroom and can highly recomend it. We felt like being in a hotel not in a hostel. Our room got cleaned every day, it was quiet and in a great area near the station. Therfore it was the ideal spot for tours round rome and to the nearby cities. The staff was also really friendly, helped us out and gave us information (and a bottle of red wine as a welcome present). The typical roman breakfast in a nearby cafe was also really great! Thanks!

• 24th Mar 2014

very good

Great place and was easy to find. The man that checked us in gave us a great map and highlighted all the places we should go and what bus lines to take as well as a coupon to a restaurant near by with good food and cheap wine. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Rome looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere at a good price.

The proximity to the train station was good. Bathroom and room were very clean, and our suite was pretty quiet. However, the bed and pillow were very uncomfortable. Old mattress sagged in the middle and was very hard on the back. There are other nearby hostels for the same price which provide slightly nicer accommodations.

Staff was very friendly and gave me a good plan for what to see and how to get there. He talks very fast, though, so listen closely! The room and bathroom were clean and well-kept. The bottle of wine was a nice gesture too :)

Location was good since I wanted somewhere near Termini. Location not so great in terms of most of the city's main attractions, but still walkable (if you've got time and like to walk). The staff was accommodating and friendly. I'd stay here again.

We had a great stay! We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and were upgraded from a double room with shared bathroom to one with a private bathroom. Also, we got a good map and travel advice. Very clean and it seemed more like a hotel room. Very convenient to be close to the train station. We walked to most sites around Rome, but it was also easy taking the bus to the Vatican.

The best hostel ever. really like a palace, quiet and cozy, extremely large space.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • China

Decent hostel, close to train station. Would stay again.

Awesome service! Basically a hotel that they turned into a hostel. Very clean and comforting.They will make you feel at home. And go to Andrea's, it was the best food I had in Italy by far and at a decent price. Thanks guys!

I had a wonderful stay, the place is located near the termini for those who would like to use the transportation system and also pretty central if you wish to walk through the city, the place is really clean and the staff incredibly helpful and ready to make the trip as amazing as possible!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Colombia

Would recommend 3 person dorms. Nice size, ensuite and no bunks! Location was great next to main bus terminal. But above all, staff were lovely - especially Lilly was amazingly helpful and went out of her way to make sure my short stay was a comfortable one!

The Funny Palace staff is exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. Upon arrival Lilly mapped out all 4 of my days, drawing on her previous experience in the tourism industry within Rome. Her recommendations were accompanied by reservations for transport and the Borghese museum. The hostel offers laundry, web &comfy beds. I *highly* recommend Funny Palace in anticipation of a vacation to Rome. The hospitality and warmth of the staff, Lilly in particular, makes for a memorable journey to Rome.

Maybe it was not the right period but there was no life at all, the common room was really small and empty.. I'm used to big and funny hostel, and this is not one of them..

Very nice hostel, nice staff, and a very clean place! I will recommand it to my friends visiting Rome.