Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

If you are going to Rome you HAVE to stay here!!! You won't find anything better and for a great price!

By far the best hostel I have ever been to! The staff was so friendly and helpful! Upon arrival we got a map and detailed description of where to go,and how to do Rome right! We also got upgraded with no extra charge and a bottle of wine as a thank you for staying! We are staying there again before a flight in a few days and I cannot wait to go back! Highly highly recommend

hi guys, the hostel funny place is excellent place to spend time in Rome, very good staff speaks good english, they also help me lot by giving us good advise & it saves our money. it was really clean and also we got the nice breakfast in the morning...believe me you will like the place .....funny place rockzzz :)

• 29th Nov 2014
  • India

Once you get through the rather strange check-in, it is a great place to stay!

• 28th Nov 2014

This hostel was great! Location was very convenient and the owner is incredibly helpful in planning your adventure in Rome! Highly recommended.

The staff was amazing, they were very welcoming and pretty much planned out the best way for us to fit all the main sights into our 1 weekend visit to Rome.

Staff was so great as soon as I got there. They basically told us everything I needed to see in Rome, where to eat, insider tricks on some of the attractions, and more. My friend and I made separate bookings, but they upgraded our rooms for free to be able to put us in the same room, which was really nice. My only issue was the lack of hot water; it wasn't ice cold, but it wasn't warm. Overall, loved it and would go back in a heart beat.

It was a wonderful stay in this Hostel. I was upgraded with private bathroom with no extra charge when i booked for shared bathroom. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The Rooms were spacious and also had in room kitchen which i dint expect :). Very near to Rome Termini. I would recommend who ever is willing to visit Rome.

Best Hostel I have ever been to, everything was excellent and the owners were more than helpfull with everything! Clean, spacious, in excellent spot near Termini Station and they ever recommended places to visit giving exact directions and places toneat offering a small discount..I will never stay anywhere else in Rome!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Funny Palace is a great place. The staff is very nice and will help you in anything you need, is clean, well located.

The welcoming was great. He showed us where to go to see all the sites and how to get there. Its right next to the main bus station and metro, and right next to the bus stop to take you back to the airport.

• 13th Nov 2014

Had been in this hostel in previous years, and i was surprised when finding they have changed their policy regarding age limits in dorm rooms: no people over 40 there .....ok i should have checked before , that is always a good role before reserving, so i accepted the accomodation they offered me instead, even though for a totally different price..... I think hostel world should indicate more clearly the age limits of every hostel listed in its webpage, it is too important !!

Definitely not your typical hostel. No common area, no hot water. But it's a decent location near termini, staff can be helpful if you ask, nice free little breakfast at a nearby cafe. If you're on a budget this place is fine.

Located very close to Roma Termini, this hostel is extremely convenient. Also, the staff is very warm, welcoming and helpful. They also offered a bottle of free wine, which was a good feeling after a long day at travel. And yes, I have stayed in other hostels around Europe, but here, even though I had officially checked out, I was allowed to use the computer and internet facilities to keep myself busy until my bus arrived.

This is not a hostel. While our hotel room was nice and we got upgraded to a private room with private bathroom, there is no common area or kitchen. The location is great - right near Termini, walking distance from most things, but on a back street where it is nice and quiet. The shower dribbled but the water was hot. The prices were fine until you add the 3.50 Euros per person per night in city tax.

The check-in staff was wonderful - extremely friendly and helpful. Provided me with a map of Rome and helped me coordinate my travels the next day (by bus to CIA airport). The room was extremely clean, bathroom was model and very clean as well. They were accommodating to late check-ins and very early check-outs. The very nice lady that checked me in was Lilly - thank you so much for your help!

Great service, staff was nice & helpful, free breakfast at a cafe nearby. There were lockers for valuables in the dorm-style room I stayed in, but mine was broken. Staff offered to let me lock my stuff somewhere else though. Atmosphere's pretty laid back. Would recommend.

• 4th Nov 2014