Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

The host was VERY nice and helpful. We only had 2 days to explore Rome and he told us the best routes to take and how to get to and from the hostel. He told us where to go to avoid lines and/or buy tickets online. We arrived super late and yet they were still there for us! The only downside really was that the kitchen didn´t have much so we actually couldn´t cook food as there were no pots or pans to do so. Great place to stay and get help discovering the city!

Very nice staff and spacious rooms. The only negatives were the wait for the showers / bathroom and the door of the room to the hallway was not blocking much of the hallway sounds. Besides that, it was an excellent place!

Thank you very much. And i was good to see you.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Best hostel I've stayed in. I was in a four bed dorm which was very clean and all single beds no bunks which was nice! Nice en suite attached to the room and a safe for valuables. Staff were super helpful and gave me lots of sight-seeing options and clear directions. Also got a bottle of wine on arrival which was pretty awesome! Good location close to the train station.

It was the best hostel I have ever stayed, more like a hotel! Staff was really nice, room was very clean (they were cleaning our room every day!). We had booked a double room with shared bathroom, but when we arrived they gave us a room with a private bathroom for the same value and also a bottle of wine! :) We were also given cards for breakfast in the nearest coffee shop. Staff was really helpful! They gave us a map with directions for each day of our stay! I am impressed!!!

Near to the city center and easy access to the all highlights of Rome. The Roma Termini and the central bus station are only 3 minutes walking. The staff are friendly and helpfull. I recommend.

Good stay here. Nothing fancy. Though you do check in in the laundry mat, the hostel is actually beside it in a beautiful old building. We were on the top floor, everyone gets their own safe, it's pretty secure. Kind of far away from the major attractions, but nice and close to the train station and it is possible to walk everywhere in Rome.

I stayed here for one night to take the airport bus at the termini station. regardless of one night at the hostel, the staff treated me very kindly. even he gave me the welcome drink(wine:)). also he upgraded our room from shared bath room to ensuite! and he let me the way to go to sightseeing spot well. it helps a lot to go there.

An odd set-up upon arrival, check-in happens in a laundromat/internet cafe with the actual hostel located in an adjacent building. Located 5 minutes from Termini and bus/metro connections. 15-30 walk to most major attractions. In-room safes provided. Atmosphere depends on the guests in your room as there is no major common area. The bathroom and beds were kept clean everyday. Staff were friendly and explained and mapped out my two-day itinerary upon arrival.

The staff is really friendly... They take the time to tell you what to see in the city and how to get there - and you get a free bottle of wine :) The only negative is that the shower is cold and the area is really bad. I didn't feel safe in the area walking alone during the evening.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »