Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Italy

Wonderful stay. Really friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds and fans because it was very warm. We were given a bottle of wine upon arrival and a map and the staff planned our day for us and told us how to get to the sites. Only down side was that the shower was cold the one day I used it. Will definatley come back though!

• 28th Jul 2014

Really nice Hostel. We enjoyed our stay there quite a bit. The main office is an internet cafe/laundromat, which would have been confusing but the staff emailed us before and told exactly how to get there. Upon arrival, Lilly met us and was really nice and helpful about our time in Rome and what we should see given how long we were staying. They also gave us a welcome bottle of wine, which was a nice surprise and a cool thing to do.

Definitely a funny place! Don't let the cafe scare you off because the facilities are super nice for a hostel! No bunk beds, clean bathrooms, plugs and lamps at every bed. Staff are incredibly helpful in planning your visit in Rome. Harder to meet people because there is no common space, but I was able to bond with my roommates. The included breakfast was nice! Would stay here again.

Not bad, not good. I liked some staff because they were friendly, others didn't seem to care much about customer service. This hostel is run like a business, so for the price, you get what you pay for. Cannot complain about my stay.

great friendly staff gave us the map with all important markings no curfew issues the bottle of wine at the time of check in just made my day

Eric, one of the owners, is a very thoughtful and nice, gave me a full personalized itinerary the moment I arrived (which I followed, and which worked out perfectly), and also went out of his way to mail me something I'd forgotten at the hostel that was really important to me. Thank you so much Eric, and thank you Funny Palace! I mean it with the "Excellent"s, and would highly recommend this hostel

• 26th Jul 2014

I've stayed at Funny Palace a couple of times now- it has friendly, helpful staff, and nice rooms (a/c, wi-fi, personal safe etc.) all with 24 hour access.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »