Funny Palace Hostel Reviews

Via Varese 33/31, Rome, Lazio, Italy

Great staff, felt very welcomed. Good location right near termini, really easy to get anywhere. Nice people in the hostel as well, small safes for valuables. Had everything you would need - linens, towel, internet, overall a good stay.

• 12th Apr 2014

Free wine upon arrival. Friendly host. Mabri was just the best. Gave me a personal itinerary for my two days stay (way better than the free walking tours that I found useless). Probably the best hostel I have ever been to. More like a hotel than a hostel.

• 10th Apr 2014

Although convenient to the train station, I was thankful that I was only spending the night. Trash bins are lining the walls of the lobby, and they and their smell were overwhelming. The hostel is on the 7th floor, accessible with an elevator. The room was small, but the bed was comfortable. I will not be going back.

• 7th Apr 2014

This was a fine hostel. Nothing great, but for the price of hostels in Rome it is value for money. Good facilities, nice rooms, location is really good too; not far from a main train station and a stones throw from a dozen great restaurants in any direction. Wouldn't really recommend it for anyone looking to socialise, in fact they even refer you to another hostel down the road if you want some nightlife.

Mabri was so kind explaining all about Rome, where to go and what to do. A bottle of wine was given to me, something unusual, but I loved that.

The hostel's location is great and the staff is very helpful.. We stayed in a double room and there were 2 more rooms in the same floor including a dormitory-type room but there is only 1 shower and toilet is also in it! so if someone is taking shower you have to wait for the toliet which is not really good! There is a kitchen for common-use but there is almost no equipment!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

This is totaly not fair and not true, the room you booked is shared bathroom and we gave you the room to share with ONLY one room, so why you are saying different, i think to share with one another room is THE MINIMUM other wise it's have to be private bathroom, again about kitchen, if we didn't promise in our microsite, why you are complain about it, so you should book another place with kitchen. hope it's clear staff funny palace rome

Although it would have been nice for hostel to have been closer to Trastevere and further away from the Termini area, it was extremely easy to get around. The hostel was incredibly clean and nice. Definitely one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. The man who worked at the hostel was great and gave us a map of what to do and planned our trip to Rome. All around great experience!

Room is clean and seems to be newly renovated. Johnny is really nice to help you plan your itinerary based on the number of days you have and the free wine bottle is a really great gesture. Could use a much bigger signboard though.

Staff was very helpful and welcoming. Great location. The bed is made everyday for you. There isn't a common area though but if you're looking for a nice comfortable place to stay this is a great place.

It was a nice and quiet hostel to stay at and the staff is helpful. It is not a party hostel, which I appreciated. It was quite cold in the rooms and the kitchen could be better, as it was now it was lacking basic equipment. I would recommend the hostel, for the traveler who seeks a nice place to rest at.

Everything was within walking distance and when you got there the owner gave you a map of where to go and what to see. Very good

• 30th Mar 2014

The staff was amazing. Location is a few block from Termini, which can be a little rough in the evening. Other than that, it was a fantastic place to stay. Would recommend.

• 30th Mar 2014

Great location, kindly staff and everything is wonderful.

Excellent location, friendly staff. VERY clean.

Mabri & Jonny and the rest of the staff made my experience in Rome amazing! As soon as I arrived they planned out an individual itinerary for my weekend and answered any questions I had! If you want to have a fun weekend in Rome, I would highly recommend staying here! A great location near the Roma Termini Train station. They even were gracious enough to pick-up my luggage from my room and put it in baggage storage my last day when I wanted to start sight-seeing early in the morning!

Hostel was great, the staff were some of the best I have ever encountered. My only issue with this hostel was the location. I don't generally like staying around termini (the main train station). I felt uncomfortable walking around there at night and it wasn't as easy a walking distance to all the main tourists sites. Despite this, it's a really nice little hostel!

The best hostel in Rome!!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

We stayed in a double bed room with bathroom and can highly recomend it. We felt like being in a hotel not in a hostel. Our room got cleaned every day, it was quiet and in a great area near the station. Therfore it was the ideal spot for tours round rome and to the nearby cities. The staff was also really friendly, helped us out and gave us information (and a bottle of red wine as a welcome present). The typical roman breakfast in a nearby cafe was also really great! Thanks!

• 24th Mar 2014

very good

• 17th Mar 2014

Great place and was easy to find. The man that checked us in gave us a great map and highlighted all the places we should go and what bus lines to take as well as a coupon to a restaurant near by with good food and cheap wine. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Rome looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere at a good price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5