Fuqi Hostel-ZhongZheng Reviews

No.76, Jhongjheng Road, West Central District, Tainan, Taiwan

No private locker for valuables, so it's very inconvenient for people travelling with a laptop. Luggage storage after checkout is not secured either, you can just take any bag you want. Not as big of an issue in Taiwan compared to other countries, but it's quite incompetent in my opinion and unlike most other hostels. Very friendly and helpful staff though.

• 5th Apr 2015

I enjoyed staying. This place had what I need, pure water, PC, shower rooms, washer and dryer for cloths and enough space for staying and relaxing. I rent a bicycle and that was useful. The staff helped me kindly and the location is very good for me to go any historical spots in the town. I will stay this hostel again!

Convenient location, and they provide a map of good, non-touristy places to eat that are in walking distance. The beds are hard (bamboo mats) and we had nice big windows but they faced the street, so we had about an hour of people hanging out and talking loudly, revving up their scooters, when we were trying to sleep. There was also a not of noise coming from the lounge area, which wasn't even directly adjacent to our room. They have bikes to rent and they lent us scooter helmets for free.

Nice place but don't be under any illusion it's a period property (other than 70s), it also suffers somewhat from being a warren of two connected buildings but once you get your bearings it's all good. Main door is studio apartment style at the top so plenty of space and air.