G Guest House Itaewon In Seoul Reviews

14-38, Bogwang-ro 60-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I arrived super late after reception closed but when I got in there was a key waiting for me next to my name on the desk. I was super grateful for that. The place is locked up quite securely at night. There's an incredibly relaxed atmosphere and despite it being in very busy Itaewon and pretty much a block away from several bars and clubs it was quiet. I had a comfortable stay and would recommend this place based on location alone. Mr. Shrek was helpful and he speaks excellent English.

I had a wonderful time at the G Guesthouse in Itaewon. The owner, Shrek, was very pleasant and made me feel right at home from minute one. I saw him interact with a few other guests, and can tell that he genuinely loves what he is doing. I think this sort of attitude leads to a warm and inviting atmosphere and a wonderful place to stay. I would recommend the G Guesthouse to anyone who asked, and already have. I will be returning again soon.

• 5th Dec 2014

Everyone loves Shrek and it's easy to see why. Top Geeza! Makes your stay in Seoul so much better. Great hostel and would thoroughly recommend.

this place is amazing! shrek the owner is extremely friendly, the place is new and very clean. you can't beat the location! i was very happy here and will definitely stay again!

The staff was helpful, friendly, and laid back. They helped me with my bags, were flexible with the time of payment (I didn't have local currency at the time of check in), and were responsive to all of my inquiries. The owner is a genuinely decent person and I would suggest this hostel to anyone looking to stay in Itaewon.

• 1st Dec 2014

The Hostel was quite new and so really clean. Benjamin and the other guy were really nice with us : they took time to explain us different things about the city, they helped us to carry our luggages, they proposed to share a meal with them, etc etc There are 2 computers, so it is really usefull and better than to surf on our smartphone The breakfast is nice. The only "bad" point is that you have to go outside to do to the reception.

Had a great stay here at g guesthouse. Stayed from November 24 -28. Shrek and his staff are awesome, very informative, and willing to help with anything. Dorms were cleaned daily, breakfast provided reminded me of home, and it's close to the metro. Great atmosphere here and you meet a lot of people here. I would definitely recommend this place.

These guys are the best. Had a great time, met great people, and made great food. Shrek (the owner) is full of information and character and his staff (Ben et al.) were cool and attentive. The free toast and eggs and great communal cafe gave this hostel a bit of flavour and great hangout spots that kept rooms for sleeping.

This is by far the most accommodating and friendly hostel I have stayed in. The location is great, the facilities are perfect, and Shrek is the best guide to some real good eats and activities. He runs a great place and I will recommend everyone to this hostel. The only downside I had was later with one of his staff members - seems to be there for the wrong reasons, so tred lightly with his recommendations. I hope Shrek keeps this hostel on track and continues to keep this great environment.

First, it is extremely difficult to impress me because I have high expectations even when I stay at hostels. I have stay in a fair amount of hostels while traveling abroad and in America. I must say G Guest House have exceeded my expectations. Clear directions to property, welcoming staff, thoughtful recommendations, clean soft linens, comfortable bed, clean towels, and a nice selection of breakfast (included in the price). I rarely write reviews but this one deserves my glowing review.

Mr Shrek is a great host, very accommodating Place was clean, though bathrooms got messy. Excellent location.

If I could rate the the staff field higher I would. Shrek and his staff were some of the nicest people I met in Korea. So very helpful with everything. My only big complaint was they take in a lot of "locals" during the weekend - Korean who live in the suburbs and come into town and party on the weekend. otherwise, great hostel, one of the best I've stayed in after 15 years of hostelling.

This hostel gets all the details right and the owner is dedicated to making sure his guests have a pleasant stay. The breakfast includes italian espresso, eggs, and tasty cereal. The rooms are all clean. The major bus stops, subways, grocery stores, and shops both low and high end are all within a block. I injured my ankle and even though the owner was.extremely busy, he helped me with everything i needed including medicine. I can guarantee a great hostel experience provided by g guesthouse!

he boss very friendly and helpful , thanks a lot

Great hosts, even surprised me with a birthday cake for my birthday! Clean large rooms and the owners gave a sense of pride with owning the hostel. Free laundry and breaky was nice too :) Breaky included eggs, cereal, juice, toast, coffee - thanks Shrek & Fiona for such a great stay! One minute walk to subway was nice too. Benjamin even carried our luggage up the stairs!

G Guesthouse is nestled in a vibrant part of Seoul near eateries, shops, coffee, a grocery store, and many of the most popular clubs on Seoul. The owner genuinely cares about each of his guests, knows his way around the goings on in the city, and pays attention to every detail. I have stayed in over 20 hostels around the world and the owner is one of the best, friendliest and most helpful.

i think the only misssing thing is that should be a sink out sudeo of the bahtroom couse when the toilet is engaged you can't either was you're hands and face or brush yoyr theeth

Shrek and Fiona were awesome hosts! I can't wait to stay there again. The hospitality was beyond amazing.

• 20th Oct 2014

Excellent location close to subway stn. The owner is very friendly and is very willing to help you be comfortable. Rooms and beds are good. Plenty of restaurants with a world class variety cuisines to try within a 600m radius.

The owners Mr Shrek and Fiona are really wonderful, nice and helpful people, location is conveniently located very near to Itaewon Station. Rooms, bedsheets and towels are clean. Shampoo, conditioner, bath foam, nice breakfast are provided. However, we are a little concern about the multiple large holes in the ceilings and the building materials used when we saw an wooden plank embedded in it. The price we paid is also almost equivalent to a 2-3 stars hotel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5