G Guest House Itaewon In Seoul Reviews

14-38, Bogwang-ro 60-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Really cool place to stay. Staff are super helpful and welcoming, and the rooms are spacious and well maintained, if a little on the basic side. Location is the real selling point, very close to bus/subway in the heart of Itaewon. On top of this, it's all at low cost. If I go to Seoul again I'll be heading back.

• 15th May 2015
  • China

One of the best hostel experience I've had. Great atmosphere, and many little considerate things that make the stay much more enjoyable and convenient:reading light + 2 plugs next to each bed, water cooler in the hallway, free shampoo/shower gel/toothpaste etc. View from the rooftop garden was awesome! Itaewon is not the typical backpacking neighborhood but it's only a few metro stations away from all tourist areas and is def well worth exploring. Many many thanks Shrek for the amazing time!

Very hip and modern hostel. Unique design and layout right in the middle of the itaewon neighborhood. Shrek was a great host and showed us to our room and helped with our bags. Breakfast was a nice bonus especially with the eggs and not just toast and cereal. The beds were clean. The shower, sink, and toilet are all in one room which took some getting used to but definitely helps with saving space and wasn't too much of a hassle. I would have liked more storage space for our luggage.

• 9th May 2015

s We had a great time staying here. I felt that it was really clean. They were really helpful in bringing our luggage us the stairs for us. The walls and ceiling were very thin so you could hear every soung coming from above. But We still slept fine. It is close to the metro and easy to find. And the Kebab in the area is great too! :)

The location of the hostel can be a bit tricky, but it's very near a subway station, lots of stores and restaurants, and the staff are great. Neighborhood is very interesting too, but one might not like the shower set up as it's a combo toilet shower meaning the floor is perpetually damp whenever you use the restroom, and if someone is bathing you need to wait. Over all a good hostel in an interesting part of Seoul.

Shrek the owner is awesome! So friendly and welcoming! You can tell he's passionate about his business. Even tho the walk was a few short minutes from the train station, I was sweating (hot day out). He offered me a glass of ice water :) The location is great and I had fun getting to know other travelers staying there. Great vibe! I didn't mind the setup but it would be nice if there was an inside communal lounge area besides reception. The rooftop is cool tho! Thanks, I can't wait to come back!

Stayed only one night. Room large, and facilities really good (seemed newly renovated, nice look). Location really close to good subway line. I'm really grateful: I was able check in earlier, and after really hard party night in Itaewo I slept a way too late, but the super nice staff was really understanding. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

G Guesthouse was really clean and comfortable. The staff were really helpful--they helped when we had a problem with our air conditioner. My friends and I booked a private room for 3 people, and we had our own bathroom, and the room was really spacious. Be careful on the stairs up to your room and up to the hostel itself--they are pretty steep. Also, other guests were loud coming in and out of the hostel, even late at night. Overall, we had a very nice stay at G Guesthouse, and I'd stay again.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If I ever come back to Seoul I will definitely stay here.

This place is awesome! Great location, great building, and great staff. I thought the location would be hard to find, but it wasn't at all. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was comfortable. It was a shared bathroom, so no communal showers or toilets. Everyone stays up really late at this guesthouse, so if that bothers you, stay somewhere else. I liked the lively atmosphere. The only bad thing was the big set of uneven stone steps leading up to the guesthouse. Altogether a great place to stay!

The location was central to Itaewon's nightlife district. Also close to the subway system which made getting around very easy. Shrek is very knowledgeable of the the area and gave great advice on where to go based on a traveller's time in Itaewon.

Shrek, the owner of the hostel, was incredible nice. I would definitely stay here again. Great place, great location, and friendly people staying at the hostel to. A+++

In a great location, near a metro station. Good value for money.

An excellent hostel in Itaewon. If I could have stayed longer I would have. The staff is simply incredible - welcoming and hospitable.

I unexpectedly arrived late in Seoul, so I had to arrange a late check-in a couple of hours before my arrival via email. Shrek (the manager) answered basically right away and everything went smoothly and as described when I arrived at 11:30pm. Big plus for that one! Staff is super friendly and helpful. They all speak good english. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Big lockers - you can easily fit in a daypack. Would stay again.

This is one of my best experience traveling in overseas. Thanks to the staffs in the hostel, you guys are nice and friendly, even its a short time that we have known from each other, but chatting with you and greeting somehow made me feel safe and relaxed.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Fantastic hostel, great location, easy to meet people. Only downside is the shower and toilet are in the same room which means the toilet roll was unusable and drenched by the shower. Apart from that, great!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff! I got very sick while on vacation (damn you influenza! *fist shaking*) and the owner (Shrek) helped me by taking me to the doctor and pharmacy, way above and beyond what one would normally expect. Only negative is that there are a lot of steep stairs, some without a handrail, so just be mindful of where you are going.

Such a lovely and friendly place. They help you with everything you need and more. I got korean lunch when I arrived as they were about to eat. Had a great time there and meat so many nice people. Definetly would stay there on my next trip again.

i have a good stay in G guesthouse. pretty good! definitely will stay there again if i visit Seoul. i like the rooftop very much. only the bunk beds (down) not enough space, hit your head if careless.

• 26th Mar 2015