G Guest House Itaewon In Seoul Reviews

14-38, Bogwang-ro 60-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Best guesthouse I've stayed at my entire trip. Thank you so mucmuch!

Amazing hostel, friendly staff and good location. I hope go back someday...

it's the hostel where to stay in seoul, right in the middle of the city close to everything. The most confortable and friendly place i stayed in long time. shrek will help you all the staff is friendly and helpful with all the answer to your question.

I loved it. The stairs at the entrance are a bit difficult to go up with with big suitcase though (some do).

• 10th Jul 2015

Good location in Itaewon, but would suggests Hongdae was a better area during the week. Weekends are where Itaewon came alive. The owner Shrek was amazing, such a friendly character! but other staff mostly internationals looking for free accommodation were not as friendly and not interested in conversation. I met some like minded people whilst staying here

Had a great stay at this hostel. The owner, Shrek, gave me some really good tips on what to do. They even gave me a nice lunch on arrival! Will definitely be coming back here when I return to Seoul. Highly recommended.

• 21st Jun 2015

Thank you to Shrek, Fiona, and Nie! I had an amazing time at both their guesthouses. They're sweet, kind people who were there to help and be friendly with. Beds and hostel are comfy and clean. Hope to be back someday soon!

Great location, and nice staff. No complaints at all.

A very friendly and nice clean hostel. The team here obviously care about the place and are very accommodating. It's in an ideal location from which to explore Seoul and close to the night life, but not close enough that you cannot get to sleep at night. Easy to get to from the airport and has a good view from the roof too for those lazier days!

This place was very cool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is pretty funky and done up with graffiti, but despite the look they're going for (of kind of a back alley), it is rather clean and comfortable. My one caution: if you are planning on doing a lot of partying and drinking while staying here, be very wary of the steps while returning back to your room; the ones outside the building are very uneven and the ones inside are far more steep than your typical staircase :)

Super cool hostel, close the subway and super close to "a vortex to another dimension" : the lively party area of Iteawon. The staff is awesome and very welcoming. Ni IE was very helpfull, pointing out cool spots to eat and listing must see places. Join for the weekly BBQ on the rooftop & meet some local. Check my blog for my Seoul experience: (more posts coming up) http://gingeraroundtheworld.com/struggling-with-a-squirming-octopus-in-a-korean-fish-market/

Really cool place to stay. Staff are super helpful and welcoming, and the rooms are spacious and well maintained, if a little on the basic side. Location is the real selling point, very close to bus/subway in the heart of Itaewon. On top of this, it's all at low cost. If I go to Seoul again I'll be heading back.

• 15th May 2015
  • China

One of the best hostel experience I've had. Great atmosphere, and many little considerate things that make the stay much more enjoyable and convenient:reading light + 2 plugs next to each bed, water cooler in the hallway, free shampoo/shower gel/toothpaste etc. View from the rooftop garden was awesome! Itaewon is not the typical backpacking neighborhood but it's only a few metro stations away from all tourist areas and is def well worth exploring. Many many thanks Shrek for the amazing time!

Very accommodating

• 12th May 2015

Very hip and modern hostel. Unique design and layout right in the middle of the itaewon neighborhood. Shrek was a great host and showed us to our room and helped with our bags. Breakfast was a nice bonus especially with the eggs and not just toast and cereal. The beds were clean. The shower, sink, and toilet are all in one room which took some getting used to but definitely helps with saving space and wasn't too much of a hassle. I would have liked more storage space for our luggage.

• 9th May 2015

s We had a great time staying here. I felt that it was really clean. They were really helpful in bringing our luggage us the stairs for us. The walls and ceiling were very thin so you could hear every soung coming from above. But We still slept fine. It is close to the metro and easy to find. And the Kebab in the area is great too! :)

The location of the hostel can be a bit tricky, but it's very near a subway station, lots of stores and restaurants, and the staff are great. Neighborhood is very interesting too, but one might not like the shower set up as it's a combo toilet shower meaning the floor is perpetually damp whenever you use the restroom, and if someone is bathing you need to wait. Over all a good hostel in an interesting part of Seoul.

Shrek the owner is awesome! So friendly and welcoming! You can tell he's passionate about his business. Even tho the walk was a few short minutes from the train station, I was sweating (hot day out). He offered me a glass of ice water :) The location is great and I had fun getting to know other travelers staying there. Great vibe! I didn't mind the setup but it would be nice if there was an inside communal lounge area besides reception. The rooftop is cool tho! Thanks, I can't wait to come back!

Stayed only one night. Room large, and facilities really good (seemed newly renovated, nice look). Location really close to good subway line. I'm really grateful: I was able check in earlier, and after really hard party night in Itaewo I slept a way too late, but the super nice staff was really understanding. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

G Guesthouse was really clean and comfortable. The staff were really helpful--they helped when we had a problem with our air conditioner. My friends and I booked a private room for 3 people, and we had our own bathroom, and the room was really spacious. Be careful on the stairs up to your room and up to the hostel itself--they are pretty steep. Also, other guests were loud coming in and out of the hostel, even late at night. Overall, we had a very nice stay at G Guesthouse, and I'd stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3