G Guest House Itaewon In Seoul Reviews

14-38, Bogwang-ro 60-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

First, it is extremely difficult to impress me because I have high expectations even when I stay at hostels. I have stay in a fair amount of hostels while traveling abroad and in America. I must say G Guest House have exceeded my expectations. Clear directions to property, welcoming staff, thoughtful recommendations, clean soft linens, comfortable bed, clean towels, and a nice selection of breakfast (included in the price). I rarely write reviews but this one deserves my glowing review.

If I could rate the the staff field higher I would. Shrek and his staff were some of the nicest people I met in Korea. So very helpful with everything. My only big complaint was they take in a lot of "locals" during the weekend - Korean who live in the suburbs and come into town and party on the weekend. otherwise, great hostel, one of the best I've stayed in after 15 years of hostelling.

This hostel gets all the details right and the owner is dedicated to making sure his guests have a pleasant stay. The breakfast includes italian espresso, eggs, and tasty cereal. The rooms are all clean. The major bus stops, subways, grocery stores, and shops both low and high end are all within a block. I injured my ankle and even though the owner was.extremely busy, he helped me with everything i needed including medicine. I can guarantee a great hostel experience provided by g guesthouse!

he boss very friendly and helpful , thanks a lot

Great hosts, even surprised me with a birthday cake for my birthday! Clean large rooms and the owners gave a sense of pride with owning the hostel. Free laundry and breaky was nice too :) Breaky included eggs, cereal, juice, toast, coffee - thanks Shrek & Fiona for such a great stay! One minute walk to subway was nice too. Benjamin even carried our luggage up the stairs!

G Guesthouse is nestled in a vibrant part of Seoul near eateries, shops, coffee, a grocery store, and many of the most popular clubs on Seoul. The owner genuinely cares about each of his guests, knows his way around the goings on in the city, and pays attention to every detail. I have stayed in over 20 hostels around the world and the owner is one of the best, friendliest and most helpful.

i think the only misssing thing is that should be a sink out sudeo of the bahtroom couse when the toilet is engaged you can't either was you're hands and face or brush yoyr theeth

Shrek and Fiona were awesome hosts! I can't wait to stay there again. The hospitality was beyond amazing.

• 20th Oct 2014

Excellent location close to subway stn. The owner is very friendly and is very willing to help you be comfortable. Rooms and beds are good. Plenty of restaurants with a world class variety cuisines to try within a 600m radius.

The owners Mr Shrek and Fiona are really wonderful, nice and helpful people, location is conveniently located very near to Itaewon Station. Rooms, bedsheets and towels are clean. Shampoo, conditioner, bath foam, nice breakfast are provided. However, we are a little concern about the multiple large holes in the ceilings and the building materials used when we saw an wooden plank embedded in it. The price we paid is also almost equivalent to a 2-3 stars hotel.

The staff is super friendly, beds blankets ect. Fantastic quality. Suprr close to the subway. If your gonna stay in Itaewon go for this one over Is@k imho.

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in quite a lot in Europe and Asia. The price was cheap, similar to most other hostels in Seoul. The staff were incredibly friendly, and even gave us free food at lunch and dinner times in addition to the free breakfast. There was also free rice wine and soju. The other guests were friendly. The 4-bed dorms were a good size, kept very clean and very comfortable. The hostel was easy to find and very close to Itaewon Metro.

• 11th Oct 2014

Excellent hostel, close to Itaewon station which is great. Lots of food and shops within walking distance as well as money exchange which is handy. Staff very friendly, nothing is too much from them. Will stay again for sure.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The owner Shrek and all of the employees were super nice and went above and beyond, including providing me a free night at the hostel due to a minor booking mix up, cooking me breakfast, walking my heavy bags down the road and hailing me a taxi. The hostel is impeccably clean, rooms are well appointed, beds are comfortable, and it is perfectly situated about a three minute walk from Itaewon station. Also free towels, fast WiFi, and free laundry are included. Love it, will come here again!

Fantastic hostel with the nicest staff I have met at any hostel. Shrek has great knowledge about the area, he and the rest of the staff really go the extra mile to make sure you have a good time. Ben was working whilst I was there and he really got people together.

• 6th Oct 2014

Who would've thought that in spending a year travelling the world you could find a slice of family and comfort tucked away in South Korea? Worry not about what you might read about Itaewon, it is a total melting pot. Your stay will include all necessary amenities for travelling / backpacking - plus heaps more. Thank you Shrek and Fiona, Ben and Lindsay! Ervin

Very nice hostel and extremely friendly staff. Recommended!!

Amazing place. Great atmosphere and super friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this place :-)

The owners are unbelievably nice. I got a cold on the day of arrival, and they provided me with medication right away. Everyone are so friendly, and the hostel itself is the cleanest I had ever seen. Simply put, PERFECT!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hostel location is excellent but note the number of stairs per the other reviews. Staff were very friendly however the admin side seems a bit weak. A lot of the guests are asked to change rooms, even the particular bed within a dorm which is a bit strange. Breakfast is very good and free coffee also. Bathrooms were military style and could be improved with more surfaces to put items on, better drainage in some rooms so they don't flood and fixtures that aren't extremely loose. Overall good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5