G Guest House Itaewon In Seoul Reviews

14-38, Bogwang-ro 60-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Great hostel, cool place. Shrek (the owner) is an absolute legend!

Amazing staff!! It was a little hard to interact with other guest since there was a group of 40 nearly occupying the whole hostel and didn't really wanted to interact. But, as I said, amazing staff, perfect location and suuuuper clean! Would go here again!!

Amazing hostel with amazing staff! Great location and I wore my "I Heart Korea" badge, given to me by the owner Shrek, with pride in Japan!

I had a pleasant stay with G guesthouse! Shrek, Fiona, and Donkey (the owners) were super friendly. At night, it was a bit dark at the alley to the hostel, but since Seoul is a relatively safe city, it was no problem. It is close to some restaurants and mini market, and just about 150 m away to the subway station. Most importantly, very Moslem friendly!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Such a great and friendly hostel, especially the staff. Highly recommend. Staff will not just help you out, but will try to be your friend as well. Good recommendations for things to see, places to go, and stuff to eat. Also have discounts to certain events in Korea like NANTA, which I also highly recommend.

• 3rd Jan 2015

The hotel owner and staff are perfect, even cooked for you! Location is also good, near the Subway. My only problem was poor dorm mates who returned every morning drunk and screaming. Good ear plugs help!

I stayed with a pretty large group, many of us in different rooms. All of our rooms were comfortable, clean, and perfectly lovely! We really enjoyed our time at G Guest House!!

• 29th Dec 2014

I was really happy with this guesthouse. The owners are great. They have great tips and helpful. I was a little ill on my return to Seoul and they even give me some medication. The mattress was the best I had in Korea. And the hostel is conveniently located to the subway and in a pleasant neighborhood. I would highly recommend!

Excellent hostel, in a great place with tons of good food, clubs and bars. Staff are excellent and accommodating, as well as being super helpful and knowledgable. Wifi in the rooms and common room is ideal! Would highly recommend for visiting Seoul. Thanks Shrek and the guys!

• 27th Dec 2014

Great place. Simple, clean, close to one of the popular metro stations in Seoul. Shrek is an awesome hostel manager and the reception is well trained to provide courteous service. Definitely will stay here again. Plus, they let you to fry your own egg for breakfast.

It was a beautiful hostel in the inside, and so close to the bus routes and transportation. Would recommend taking the subway to Anam instead of Itaewon for cheaper food.The continental breakfast was good. I would definitely book another stay at this hostel.

• 5th Dec 2014

I arrived super late after reception closed but when I got in there was a key waiting for me next to my name on the desk. I was super grateful for that. The place is locked up quite securely at night. There's an incredibly relaxed atmosphere and despite it being in very busy Itaewon and pretty much a block away from several bars and clubs it was quiet. I had a comfortable stay and would recommend this place based on location alone. Mr. Shrek was helpful and he speaks excellent English.

I had a wonderful time at the G Guesthouse in Itaewon. The owner, Shrek, was very pleasant and made me feel right at home from minute one. I saw him interact with a few other guests, and can tell that he genuinely loves what he is doing. I think this sort of attitude leads to a warm and inviting atmosphere and a wonderful place to stay. I would recommend the G Guesthouse to anyone who asked, and already have. I will be returning again soon.

Everyone loves Shrek and it's easy to see why. Top Geeza! Makes your stay in Seoul so much better. Great hostel and would thoroughly recommend.

this place is amazing! shrek the owner is extremely friendly, the place is new and very clean. you can't beat the location! i was very happy here and will definitely stay again!

The staff was helpful, friendly, and laid back. They helped me with my bags, were flexible with the time of payment (I didn't have local currency at the time of check in), and were responsive to all of my inquiries. The owner is a genuinely decent person and I would suggest this hostel to anyone looking to stay in Itaewon.

• 1st Dec 2014

The Hostel was quite new and so really clean. Benjamin and the other guy were really nice with us : they took time to explain us different things about the city, they helped us to carry our luggages, they proposed to share a meal with them, etc etc There are 2 computers, so it is really usefull and better than to surf on our smartphone The breakfast is nice. The only "bad" point is that you have to go outside to do to the reception.

Had a great stay here at g guesthouse. Stayed from November 24 -28. Shrek and his staff are awesome, very informative, and willing to help with anything. Dorms were cleaned daily, breakfast provided reminded me of home, and it's close to the metro. Great atmosphere here and you meet a lot of people here. I would definitely recommend this place.

These guys are the best. Had a great time, met great people, and made great food. Shrek (the owner) is full of information and character and his staff (Ben et al.) were cool and attentive. The free toast and eggs and great communal cafe gave this hostel a bit of flavour and great hangout spots that kept rooms for sleeping.

This is by far the most accommodating and friendly hostel I have stayed in. The location is great, the facilities are perfect, and Shrek is the best guide to some real good eats and activities. He runs a great place and I will recommend everyone to this hostel. The only downside I had was later with one of his staff members - seems to be there for the wrong reasons, so tred lightly with his recommendations. I hope Shrek keeps this hostel on track and continues to keep this great environment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4