G Guest House Itaewon In Seoul Reviews

14-38, Bogwang-ro 60-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Excellent location close to subway stn. The owner is very friendly and is very willing to help you be comfortable. Rooms and beds are good. Plenty of restaurants with a world class variety cuisines to try within a 600m radius.

The owners Mr Shrek and Fiona are really wonderful, nice and helpful people, location is conveniently located very near to Itaewon Station. Rooms, bedsheets and towels are clean. Shampoo, conditioner, bath foam, nice breakfast are provided. However, we are a little concern about the multiple large holes in the ceilings and the building materials used when we saw an wooden plank embedded in it. The price we paid is also almost equivalent to a 2-3 stars hotel.

The staff is super friendly, beds blankets ect. Fantastic quality. Suprr close to the subway. If your gonna stay in Itaewon go for this one over Is@k imho.

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in quite a lot in Europe and Asia. The price was cheap, similar to most other hostels in Seoul. The staff were incredibly friendly, and even gave us free food at lunch and dinner times in addition to the free breakfast. There was also free rice wine and soju. The other guests were friendly. The 4-bed dorms were a good size, kept very clean and very comfortable. The hostel was easy to find and very close to Itaewon Metro.

• 11th Oct 2014

Excellent hostel, close to Itaewon station which is great. Lots of food and shops within walking distance as well as money exchange which is handy. Staff very friendly, nothing is too much from them. Will stay again for sure.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The owner Shrek and all of the employees were super nice and went above and beyond, including providing me a free night at the hostel due to a minor booking mix up, cooking me breakfast, walking my heavy bags down the road and hailing me a taxi. The hostel is impeccably clean, rooms are well appointed, beds are comfortable, and it is perfectly situated about a three minute walk from Itaewon station. Also free towels, fast WiFi, and free laundry are included. Love it, will come here again!

Fantastic hostel with the nicest staff I have met at any hostel. Shrek has great knowledge about the area, he and the rest of the staff really go the extra mile to make sure you have a good time. Ben was working whilst I was there and he really got people together.

• 6th Oct 2014

Who would've thought that in spending a year travelling the world you could find a slice of family and comfort tucked away in South Korea? Worry not about what you might read about Itaewon, it is a total melting pot. Your stay will include all necessary amenities for travelling / backpacking - plus heaps more. Thank you Shrek and Fiona, Ben and Lindsay! Ervin

Very nice hostel and extremely friendly staff. Recommended!!

Amazing place. Great atmosphere and super friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this place :-)

The owners are unbelievably nice. I got a cold on the day of arrival, and they provided me with medication right away. Everyone are so friendly, and the hostel itself is the cleanest I had ever seen. Simply put, PERFECT!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hostel location is excellent but note the number of stairs per the other reviews. Staff were very friendly however the admin side seems a bit weak. A lot of the guests are asked to change rooms, even the particular bed within a dorm which is a bit strange. Breakfast is very good and free coffee also. Bathrooms were military style and could be improved with more surfaces to put items on, better drainage in some rooms so they don't flood and fixtures that aren't extremely loose. Overall good.

There's a reason why this is rate the best hostel in all of Korea and one of the best in the world. The owners are amazing.

This may be the first time in years that I ever have bequeathed a hostel a 100 percent rating. But the magnificent G Guest House earns top marks. Other places around the globe could learn much from the lovely owners Shrek and Fiona (gosh, wonder where they got these names).. Everything is top notch. Great location in Itaewon; great dorm rooms; good bathrooms with necessary toiletries on tap; and towels provided. And each morning a magnificent breakfast with eggs, cereal, toast, juice and coffee.

This place is the bomb! If you want the ultimate hostel experience this is the place. Super friendly atmosphere, everybody staying there is happy and up for a good drink and party on the roof or in the communal area too. Super clean and safe hostel. They have everything. Breakfast is good and there is a private en-suite too even though it was a 4 bed Shared room. Beds were comfortable and super clean too. Shrek and fiona are the owners and they were so cool, helpful, friendly, accommodating! ACE

Shrek, the host, was friendly and very helpful. He took the time to help a lot of us map out areas of interest to visit in Seoul. He also found the most efficient way for us to travel to the eastern side of the country, which was a huge relief because it was difficult to do this in advance (given the lack of websites and timetables in English). The decor/feel is a little grungy but the facilities are sufficient and clean, and the area is easily accessible via subway.

• 22nd Sep 2014

This was possibly the best hostel I ahve ever stayed in. Shrek and Fiona are fantastic hosts. Shrek helped me (and the other guests I saw checking in) with my bags. He had free maps of Seoul available and was ready with a highlighter to recommend the best places. While I was at the hostel he even drove another guest to bicycle shops to help get his bicycle repaired. Breakfast is great (toast, eggs, jam, peanut butter, cereal, coffee, tea, juice and milk).

Ok, you can't beat this one. Shrek, as the owner calls himself, is a great guy who knows Seoul inside out. Add tasty breakfast, clean facilities and the fact that you can't beat this for value to the equation, it becomes one of the gold standards for hostels in Seoul. Really, I'd go back there just for Shrek, he is the best! :D

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The owners will always try their best to help you in whatever situation.

I have to say, I have been to many hostels. I never find the time to write a review but this time I must. This hostel is a home away from home. Shrek is always smiling and happy to help. He gives good tips not only about sights. I would happily go back anytime.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5