GM Granada Hostel Reviews

Del Antiguo Hospital San Juan de Dios, media cuadra, Granada, Nicaragua

The private room with "private bath" is really just a room with a toilet against one of the walls. It was seriously a jail cell, for $25. When I asked the staff how that was considered a private room with an ensuite bathroom (no shower and having to go to the bathroom a foot from your bed with your partner watching) he became angry with me. That night our fan didn't work and he acted very annoyed he had to fix it. For the rest of my stay him and the other staff were rude.

Nice hostel. 15 minute walk to center.

• 27th Aug 2014

Great pool/bar area to hang out at, nicely kept hostel. About a 15 min walk into town, but a nice walk.

Couldn't recommend this hostel enough if you're looking for a chilled/relaxing time. It feels more like a hotel. Pool area is superb, the hostel is super-clean, the communal area is spacious, with an amazing pond w/ turtles. really good value for money too (although the owner said prices were down for renovations. Although I didn't hear/see renovations).

Comfy and clean!

Everybody was amazing! My friend and I forgot to get back our deposit the night before because we were leaving at 4:40am the next day. We wake up and the deposit is on the floor in an envelope. We were so happy they slide it under the door.

• 17th Apr 2014

Not too central, but safe and very clean. The pool area has a bar and is nice to hang out. Kitchen and in particular the fridge for the guest war a nice feature in hot Granada!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

A couple of hooks on the bathroom walls would be handy to hang stuff. The rooms are bit basic. Having a chair and table would be nice to put things and there is space in the rooms to make them a bit nicer. The hotel "el momento" did this very well.